SPFL respond to Rangers resolution proposal and clarification

We should be filing an interdict with the courts right now to prevent any other action being taken until our proposal is properly considered.
Time for the lawyers to bring out the big guns.

We should be filing an interdict with the courts right now to prevent any other action being taken until our proposal is properly considered.
Time for the lawyers to bring out the big guns.
I'd like to think there's something going on with regards to this right now.

I would like to see a timeline of who was sent what and at what time, if emailed a 'read receipt' with a time stamp.

Further to that I would like to see the responses if any.

The name of the 'leading QC' and whether he has any financial dealings with Celtic just to complete the transparency needs to be known.

I would like to see a timeline of who was sent what and at what time, if emailed a 'read receipt' with a time stamp.

Further to that I would like to see the responses if any.

The name of the 'leading QC' and whether he has any financial dealings with Celtic just to complete the transparency needs to be known.

Here you go. From 4LHAD:

Here’s how the contact really went

Stewart Robertson sent a copy of RFC resolution to Neil Doncaster ‪at 5.33pm on Wednesday‬.

This was acknowledged by ND ‪at 6.24pm‬ who said he would forward to the Board and be back in touch shortly

ND emailed back at 11.03 am yesterday to say that before the resolution could be circulated by the Board there needed to be a requisition by at least 3 clubs. There was no suggestion that there were any issues with the text.

James Blair spoke to Rod McKenzie at 1.43pm yesterday regarding the resolution. There was no suggestion of any issues with the text

RFC emailed the resolution to the SPFL at 2.50pm yesterday

SPFL acknowledged receipt shortly thereafter. No issues were raised with the text then or at any other time until we contacted them further.

JB was advised by SR late yesterday evening that the SPFL had suggested to Championship clubs that the resolution was not competent and wouldn’t be sent to members. They were being told this before the SPFL had communicated with us on the resolution.

JB emailed Rod McKenzie ‪at 10.17pm‬ asking if he could advise how the resolution might be amended to overcome any concerns the SPFL might have.

Rod McKenzie replied ‪at 10.51pm‬ saying he had forwarded to Neil and Iain Blair. He did not otherwise respond

JB emailed back ‪at 11.25 pm‬ saying it would be helpful to hear from him in advance of the board meeting scheduled for this morning. That didn’t occur

JB emailed this morning at 11.00am and then spoke to Rod McKenzie

Utterly scunnered by all of this. And our ability to get our narrative out is practically zero as scummy Timmy bastards are in place across all formats.

Here you go. From 4LHAD:

Stewart Robertson sent a copy of RFC resolution to Neil Doncaster ‪at 5.33pm on Wednesday‬.

This was acknowledged by ND ‪at 6.24pm‬ who said he would forward to the Board and be back in touch shortly

ND emailed back at 11.03 am yesterday to say that before the resolution could be circulated by the Board there needed to be a requisition by at least 3 clubs. There was no suggestion that there were any issues with the text.

James Blair spoke to Rod McKenzie at 1.43pm yesterday regarding the resolution. There was no suggestion of any issues with the text

SPFL acknowledged receipt shortly thereafter. No issues were raised with the text then or at any other time until we contacted them further.

JB was advised by SR late yesterday evening that the SPFL had suggested to Championship clubs that the resolution was not competent and wouldn’t be sent to members. They were being told this before the SPFL had communicated with us on the resolution.

JB emailed Rod McKenzie ‪at 10.17pm‬ asking if he could advise how the resolution might be amended to overcome any concerns the SPFL might have.

Rod McKenzie replied ‪at 10.51pm‬ saying he had forwarded to Neil and Iain Blair. He did not otherwise respond

JB emailed back ‪at 11.25 pm‬ saying it would be helpful to hear from him in advance of the board meeting scheduled for this morning. That didn’t occur

Not sure why the club arent rrelasing this

Here you go. From 4LHAD:

The low level paper gatherer strikes again

Not sure why the club arent rrelasing this

Maybe they will. Or maybe it breaches some sort of 'confidentiality clause' the member clubs sign up to. I've no idea. Releasing stuff through 'friendly' blogs is a tactic Liewell has used for many years. I don't doubt the info in any way.

Scottish Football is finished as of today.

A resolution put forward to ensure that all clubs in need of cash to ensure their survival during a global pandemic is being buried in a swamp of lies and spin as it goes against what the League governing body have already decided they want to happen.

The funny thing about it is that Rangers are taking a financial hit of around £700k as we are looking to evenly distribute the prize money among the whole league.

Was that in the resolution put forward by the club.

I thought it was for loans to be provided by the SPFL based on current positions. To be repaid when the league was finished.

One thing we learnt from the Charles Green era was that what was missing from statements was often as important as what they contained. Snake Oil Salesman.

The SPFL rebuttal says the SPFL's lawyers only got 1 email from Rangers. Late last night. The Rangers statement says - explicitly - that they tried to contact the 'SPFL Executive' all day. I'd say 'lawyers' and 'Executive' are completely different things. Separate entities if you will.;)

They are devious c*nts, no doubts about it.

Interesting how many of our fans on here immediately jump to the conclusion that the SPFL statement is 100% correct and start slating the Club again. Read the SPFL statement again - it talks about an email to the SPFL Lawyers. Rangers statement talks about trying to contact the 'SPFL Executive'. They are(the SPFL), to my mind, playing with words.
I'm not surprised about the numbers on here who can't wait to put the boot into our club. All the usual prophets of doom who we only ever see when it's not going well.

This is utterly shameful from the SPFL.

Rangers have made a proposal that every member club understands, and every member of the SPFL board understands. Instead of allowing open debate and a vote on the merits of the proposal the SPFL board are hiding behind semantics and lies. They are quoting company law and a QCs opinion instead of attempting to resolve the real and pressing issue of paying out money to member clubs.

Now why are the majority of clubs not kicking up a stink about this?

They're calling us liars.
I think what they are saying was that their lawyers didn’t receive that request until 2218 yesterday. What they are not saying is how many requests Rangers made to the SPFL board yesterday. Clearly omitting to clear that one up.

Everytime i see the phrase "for the avoidance of doubt" i smell popery.

You might well be right mate but Rangers deliberately used that term in response to it being used against us. In other words they kicked the ball right back at them and more or less called them liars. Good to see.

W.A.T.P.

We haven't a hope in hell of others club's directors getting involved in a spat between us and the SPFL/SFA. They know where the influence is and where the money comes from. Indeed lower league clubs would be happy to see us demoted again for breaking some obscure SPFL rule. If we take legal action that might be what they want.
In reality we have been screwed since day 1. Liewell has played a blinder.
That's the spirit!

Scottish Football is finished as of today.

A resolution put forward to ensure that all clubs in need of cash to ensure their survival during a global pandemic is being buried in a swamp of lies and spin as it goes against what the League governing body have already decided they want to happen.

The funny thing about it is that Rangers are taking a financial hit of around £700k as we are looking to evenly distribute the prize money among the whole league.
Ask yourself why are the clubs supporting the corrupt SPFL it’s mind boggling.

Ask yourself why are the clubs supporting the corrupt SPFL it’s mind boggling.

Unfortunately the other clubs aren't going to get involved in a spat between us and the SPFL.

If they are given the choice between voting for our resolution vs the SPFL one then financially they should vote for ours.

The SPFL are going to great lengths to ensure our proposal isn't put to them so the clubs are faced with the simple choice - vote for the SPFL resolution or you get F8ck all.

What part don't you agree with?
Just seemed a bit defeatist Yosser, that's all. I wouldn't argue that the fat Japanese has got things all his way now and over the last few years, but surely to God at some point we have to fight back? Maybe this is the opportunity.

Just seemed a bit defeatist Yosser, that's all. I wouldn't argue that the fat Japanese has got things all his way now and over the last few years, but surely to God at some point we have to fight back? Maybe this is the opportunity.
I agree but need to be clever. We need to concentrate on dividing the cash to help others and get away from title talk. More chance of getting others onside.

Back