New whatsapp leak - John Nelms of Dundee claims he was being threatened by Dunfermline Chairman Ross McArthur

They should have released them saying they've been edited to protect the whistle-blower or to that effect. Putting them out looking shoddy doesn't give them the credit they deserve.

I believe the content is 100%

For those asking what the Dunfermline chairman could threaten them with.

The threats are likely to be coming from capacity of championship SPFL board member.

Not in capacity as Dunfermline chairman.
On top of that the bottom team in 3 out of 4 scottish leagues get Relegated.
Quelle Surprise & if by magic the team at the bottom of other (who don't) just happens to serve on the SPFL Board.

More I look at that, the more I think that Dundee planned this all along obviously in cahoots with others.

Asking for votes to go in at same time then not sending theirs kind of seems that way.

Maybe, i still think theyve fumbled their way through this like idiots. John Nelms already has that reputation among dundee fans.

So, both John Nelms and Ross Morrison are threatened at approximately 13:50.
Dundee have stated they sent their vote before the deadline.
So the threat didnt work and the email attachment fantasy story is produced.
Nelms is spooked and retreats.

Sometime between Friday night and Scot Gardiner being on BBC Scotland on the Saturday, Rangers have received information which make them release their statement at 3pm.

I wonder if the Whatsapp participants knew of Gardiners appearance prior to him being on. After Gardiner is finished Rangers statement is released to the press.

The contexts of these threats and in what format they have taken are obviously the key to this.

But the bigger question will be why the Dunfermline chairman is the trigger man. Who has loaded the gun.

Surely that mad bastard Drysdale isnt the one who's leaked this? Hes the only name that isnt shown there. Last person id expect to share that info

Bizarre that Nelms was suggesting the consolidated message then was the one that back tracked.
Its a soap opera, but in their statement today hes saying two teams changed their minds which meant they ‘stopped’ (after they voted). I cant mind who voted what now but im assuming more were voting ‘no’; an offer for a ‘yes’ has been made; a collective group were saying still saying ‘no’; they’ve seen some have now went ‘yes’ (again, you have to speculate the offer was for a yes regardless of how outcome turned out) and now they dont want to be left out in the cold with nothing/no offer. Again, all guess work though.

Maybe, i still think theyve fumbled their way through this like idiots. John Nelms already has that reputation among dundee fans.

The whole thing is so staggeringly obvious and shambolic that it must have been opportunism. Who the fück would come up with a plan like this?

To me, it reads as if the SPFL banked on the pressure and coercion being enough to win the vote and had to change the plan at the last minute when they realised it hadn't.

More I look at that, the more I think that Dundee planned this all along obviously in cahoots with others.

Asking for votes to go in at same time then not sending theirs kind of seems that way.

They did send their‘s though, even in today’s statement they confirm they sent it (but it wasn’t received - allegedly).

Surely that mad bastard Drysdale isnt the one who's leaked this? Hes the only name that isnt shown there. Last person id expect to share that info

Possibly. It's certainly none of those named in the chat who have leaked it.

Maybe Drysdale is distancing himself from Nelms decision to withdraw his vote. He certainly seemed shocked in the initial leaks.

It’ll be whatever why the person who’s account it is has spelt that contacts name. So that means nothing. I’ve all sorts of nicknames in my contacts and that’s the way they appear
Ah fair enough mate, I thought it would have been his actual account name

If anyone was going to photoshop and post something like this, why would they go after Ross McArthur, probably the least known of all SPFL Board Members?

Surely Doncaster, McKenzie, MacLennan or Lawwell would be the obvious targets?

That along with the source makes me believe it is 100% genuine.

Possibly. It's certainly none of those named in the chat who have leaked it.

Maybe Drysdale is distancing himself from Nelms decision to withdraw his vote. He certainly seemed shocked in the initial leaks.

More likely Scott Gardiner feeding it to Rangers.

If anyone was going to photoshop and post something like this, why would they go after Ross McArthur, probably the least known of all SPFL Board Members?

Surely Doncaster, McKenzie, MacLennan or Lawwell would be the obvious targets?

That along with the source makes me believe it is 100% genuine.

@Empire and @mdingwall have also now confirmed the content is genuine – so I think it's safe to say it's genuine!

So this Dunfermline character is the latest mouthpiece for the man who surpasses himself when it comes to manipulating idiots to do his bidding while staying in the shadows.

So this Dunfermline character is the latest mouthpiece for the man who surpasses himself when it comes to manipulating idiots to do his bidding while staying in the shadows.

He's a Bluenose - but obviously Dunfermline are in such a parlous state he's desperate for this deal to go through.

I posted in a another thread that the bribery element under the Bribery 2010 Act if proven will be criminal charges pending if there is evidence to support the claims

Given now others are being threatened then this is clearly a police matter

We are dealing with desperate people who are prepared to do desperate things

Get the police in now and get them to investigate this scandal

Enough is enough

I posted in a another thread that the bribery element under the Bribery 2010 Act if proven will be criminal charges pending if there is evidence to support the claims

Given now others are being threatened then this is clearly a police matter

We are dealing with desperate people who are prepared to do desperate things

Get the police in now and get them to investigate this scandal

Enough is enough
As it stands the only evidence is that of a threat allegedly received.

There needs to be evidence of the actual threat itself.

Surely the terms of the now revised resolution, as negotiated by Dundee FC, on behalf of the other 41 members, should now be released to all concerned?

For those that maybe interested in hearing the thoughts from a person that has been quite vocal in the past, and even voiced this on live radio on Kenny's show (when he had one) his total frustration, anger, displeasure, and disdain for Lawwell, and Doncaster in particular.
Ex St Mirren chairman Stewart Gilmour.

He really knows where the bodies are buried...and who is behind this cabal, although he stops short of naming names here...but knows exactly where the bucks stops!
By the way the rest of this shows dross. But this part was interesting and very pertinent to what is going on right now.The history is there, and can't be erased!
38:15 approx

Sorry, I meant what were the consequences? What was the DAFC Chairman going to do if Nelms didn't play ball?

We obviously don't know as it isn't explicitly stated but it would be fairly easy to imagine umpteen consequences which could be inflicted on those not toeing the line and displeasing Peter.

Sorry, I meant what were the consequences? What was the DAFC Chairman going to do if Nelms didn't play ball?

Assume on behalf of SPFL if he’s on the board? What a sh!tshow - no wonder Scottish fitba is in the state it’s in with these amature clowns carrying on like this.

He's a Bluenose - but obviously Dunfermline are in such a parlous state he's desperate for this deal to go through.
If he bothered to get his facts right he could have maybe found out about the lies they were telling other clubs about only getting their money through this vote or was he in on it as well.

It'll be interesting to see our next move with this new evidence especially now as it appears that Hearts and Dundee have been bought off. I really hope we are not found wanting and we expose this corrupt shower.

Back