Supporters Club And New Membership Scheme.

55 and counting

Sure all the moaning posters on here that hate Supporter clubs getting tickets ,will be happy that it's costing Supporter clubs £10 per adult member £5 for kids to join this new money grab sorry new scheme if they want to apply for tickets for games.
People can tart it up all they want but this is ripping the pish out of the fans.

I am the secretary for our club but haven’t had a chance to go through the emails yet. Is it £10 per member or £10 for season ticket holder. We split 4 season books between our 20 members

I am the secretary for our club but haven’t had a chance to go through the emails yet. Is it £10 per member or £10 for season ticket holder. We split 4 season books between our 20 members

Every adult supporter that is registered to your club will need to pay £10 each

Every adult supporter that is registered to your club will need to pay £10 each

crazy. Club asking for more money when people are already struggling.

i assume instead of the ticket category being selected by A+, B, C (number of season ticket members) it will now be done by this points thing?ie 1 point if u pay £10 and don’t have a season ticket or 6points if u pay £10 and have a season ticket?

I note the document states home and away. What about Hampden games (special match application)?

Last edited:
I've not really looked into it but that seems pretty reasonable tbh.

Most big clubs have a scheme you have to be a member of to access tickets.

Sure all the moaning posters on here that hate Supporter clubs getting tickets ,will be happy that it's costing Supporter clubs £10 per adult member £5 for kids to join this new money grab sorry new scheme if they want to apply for tickets for games.
People can tart it up all they want but this is ripping the pish out of the fans.

Just seen that mate, gonna kill off an awful lot of supporters clubs. I’m fortunate our club is in a good position as we have healthy numbers and bank balance but a lot of smaller clubs will be buggered

You're correct, it is ripping the pish. Final nail for a fair number of RSCs I fear.

This scheme should really be put back a year. We have over 70 members in our club. We need to have a meeting with our members to see what way they want to do this. We have a fb page and a WhatsApp group but we really need a club meeting to discuss this which isn’t possible at the minute

Rangers really need to rethink this

This scheme should really be put back a year. We have over 70 members in our club. We need to have a meeting with our members to see what way they want to do this. We have a fb page and a WhatsApp group but we really need a club meeting to discuss this which isn’t possible at the minute

This is my issue with it, trying to organize an AGM for our club when we can't meet!!

Considering season ticket holders are getting chinned 50 quid that’s a bargain some of you need to look at English clubs charge for membership just for the chance to purchase

100%. Particularly with the current financial position some people are in.

So being a member of a supporters club I only need to pay £10 instead of the £50 or whatever it is to join the membership scheme?

Correct but that membership fee goes to Rangers now not in the RSC bank account an impossible job is becoming ever more impossible now

The buses have had a monopoly on tickets for years it was always going to have change at somepoint, that tends to be the real motivation behind most arguments about RSCs on here.

It's an additional 10 or 5 quid for people if they want access to tickets, I don't really see a major issue financial or otherwise.

I think it just hampers RSCs using the old dark arts to secure additional tickets that's the real bugbear for most people if they're honest.

The buses have had a monopoly on tickets for years it was always going to have change at somepoint, that tends to be the real motivation behind most arguments about RSCs on here.

It's an additional 10 or 5 quid for people if they want access to tickets, I don't really see a major issue financial or otherwise.

I think it just hampers RSCs using the old dark arts to secure additional tickets that's the real bugbear for most people if they're honest.

They've had no monopoly- or anything vaguely approaching one - ever.

There are no dark arts. The idea that there are hundreds of falsely registered clubs scooping up thousands of tickets is simply a myth.

So being a member of a supporters club I only need to pay £10 instead of the £50 or whatever it is to join the membership scheme?

Correct. If your club have 0 season ticket holders then every £10 member registered will get them 1 point.

8 members of a club with no ST is £80 = 8pts
8 members of a club with 1ST is £80 = 14pts

The club get criticised for everything they do, it’s a joke.

They are asking each member of an RSC to pay £10 a year to be eligible for away tickets. If you can’t afford it then you probably couldn’t afford to go to away games anyway.

The RSC’s who will be annoyed are those with loads of “phantom members” who they’ll now need to pay for to remain a category A/A+ club.

Well, actually, they are.
Are they? If you don’t like it don’t go. Nobody is holding a gun to your head. If a tenner is enough to put you off going to support your club, especially in the current climate - then just stay at home. Punters will spend upwards of £10 on their coupons, bevvies and then moan and call it money grabbing when the club are seeking a little fan investment.

if you want the club to move forward then there are sacrifices you need to make as a fan. I’m sure a tenner on top of however much you are paying per season is a drop in the ocean. Put away a couple of pence a week if its that big a issue.

When you look at the amount of tickets A+ buses have received over the past few years, paying £10 per member is a bit of a scam. I reckon there will be members who pay £10 and don't receive a ticket from the RSC all season.

They must be hoping that by doing this there will be less people to distribute tickets to.

Are they? If you don’t like it don’t go. Nobody is holding a gun to your head. If a tenner is enough to put you off going to support your club, especially in the current climate - then just stay at home. Punters will spend upwards of £10 on their coupons, bevvies and then moan and call it money grabbing when the club are seeking a little fan investment.

if you want the club to move forward then there are sacrifices you need to make as a fan. I’m sure a tenner on top of however much you are paying per season is a drop in the ocean. Put away a couple of pence a week if its that big a fecking issue.
its 40

Perhaps club secretaries should be contacting the SLO. Our club is quite financially sound, bit means around £500 which would be going toward running buses will be going to the club, it’s wrong imo.

A tenner each over a season is only like 50p a game. Or am I missing something?
No you aren’t. It’s folk moaning for the sake of moaning. If you can’t afford a tenner over the course of a season on top of the membership then you probably shouldn’t be attending the games. My apologies if that sounds arsey or condescending but it’s the reality.

no. Your bus has to pay £10 per member who has a membership. i.e you pay £50 for membership then your club registers you for £10 to Rangers.

Hi is that correct? The RSC email doesn’t mention anything about a member having to register with the club separately. Of course i may be wrong.

I think we must have the largest fanbase with membership of non football club operated, supporters clubs, there is going to be a fallout as a result but understand this is probably all very common for clubs in England but it seems more akin to a National team.
I'm guessing there has been no consultation with the SLO and prominent RSC?
Hopefully it sorts itself out

Sadly too many clubs were taking the piss when it came to genuine member numbers. This is an attempt to stop that.

Personally I will be offering to pay the extra £10 instead of my local RSC taking the hit. Money is going to Rangers so it’s a win win in my book.

So season ticket holders who pay the membership fee will have to pay an additional £10 as they are a member of a RSC?

Surely that's fair as they have two opportunities at applying for tickets one through any CCCS/membership scheme and one through the RSC.

The club get criticised for everything they do, it’s a joke.

They are asking each member of an RSC to pay £10 a year to be eligible for away tickets. If you can’t afford it then you probably couldn’t afford to go to away games anyway.

The RSC’s who will be annoyed are those with loads of “phantom members” who they’ll now need to pay for to remain a category A/A+ club.

The same clubs who provide transport for thousands of fans

Sadly too many clubs were taking the piss when it came to genuine member numbers. This is an attempt to stop that.

Personally I will be offering to pay the extra £10 instead of my local RSC taking the hit. Money is going to Rangers so it’s a win win in my book.
Is this not the Clubs way round of highlighting RSCs with “phantom supporters” that some RSCs use this to gain a higher category rating.

This must be put back a year. Feck knows when we can have a meeting to discuss this, find out who has renewed and who hasn't and who wants enrolled, no point clubs paying a tenner for members who dont want away tickets and have a season ticket.

This must be put back a year. Feck knows when we can have a meeting to discuss this, find out who has renewed and who hasn't and who wants enrolled, no point clubs paying a tenner for members who dont want away tickets and have a season ticket.

You probably won't have the opportunity to get tickets anyway for some considerable time

Back