Supporters Club And New Membership Scheme.

So we should allow RSC’s to load up on season ticket holders who’ve no interest in going to away games to allow the RSC to claim more tickets just because they provide transport?

Is the transport not paid for by the members and non members anyway?

It's counter-productive to do that as the club database cross-references the membership to season ticket books and "Rangers Numbers" everyone who buys and individual ticket gets.

There are no dark arts. The idea that there are hundreds of falsely registered clubs scooping up thousands of tickets is simply a myth.

There isn’t hundreds but there is a good few.

Even more so now but I personally know clubs who had extra supporters club back in 2011 never mind now there will be even more, anybody who has travelled to away games all the time will know how hard it is to get tickets or a spare ticket compared to 10 year ago when we were winning leagues and cups.

No rules are being broke just wise heads securing tickets for there members who travel all the time.

Some clubs had full 52 seaters going to the piggery with the 800 allocation.

Even more so now but I personally know clubs who had extra supporters club back in 2011 never mind now there will be even more, anybody who has travelled to away games all the time will know how hard it is to get tickets or a spare ticket compared to 10 year ago when we were winning leagues and cups.

No rules are being broke just wise heads securing tickets for there members who travel all the time.

And Fraserburgh

Plenty of clubs double or treble up with other RSCs for certain away games.

If someone wants to spend all their waking hours chasing tickets then they will do that no matter what system you have in place. But the number of people/clubs prepared to do that is minuscule.

I think that it sounds reasonable to charge an extra £10 to those that are also in with a chance of getting away tickets from an RSC as well as from the club.

Hopefully will solve the issue on some buses I have been on where only a select few of the secretaries friends ever got the tickets. Must stress this is a minority of what I have experienced.

The Louden will pay it for anyone who can't afford it if they were registered with us last season. Thanks for bringing it up gives me another opportunity to show off my wealth, :rolleyes:It is all towards the well being of The Rangers then that is good enough for me.

Wonder how long it'd take you to get involved in a money thread Harry (Enfield). :D :p

This must be put back a year. Feck knows when we can have a meeting to discuss this, find out who has renewed and who hasn't and who wants enrolled, no point clubs paying a tenner for members who dont want away tickets and have a season ticket.

This is it mate we have a large membership so it just isn’t possible to organise this through a WhatsApp group or fb page

Is this not the Clubs way round of highlighting RSCs with “phantom supporters” that some RSCs use this to gain a higher category rating.

yes mate it’s an attempt. I’m not naming any clubs as I’m sure quite a few are at it but it’s ridiculous for a category A club to be classed as one whenever half their members aren’t from that area and don’t travel with the RSC.

By the way I’m not accusing every RSC of doing this before people start. It does go on however and therefore the club is trying to do something about it.

yes mate it’s an attempt. I’m not naming any clubs as I’m sure quite a few are at it but it’s ridiculous for a category A club to be classed as one whenever half their members aren’t from that area and don’t travel with the RSC.

By the way I’m not accusing every RSC of doing this before people start. It does go on however and therefore the club is trying to do something about it.

It's virtually impossible for a phantom club to get an A rating. In fact, I'd say it is impossible.

I started a whatsapp with our members there.

Question that came back - does a club member need to pay Rangers £50 and the club £10, or just £10 so that the club can register them for club purposes only?

If £10 per member is enough to tip the supposed lifeblood of our club into the abyss then it really is tough times ;)

Question that came back - does a club member need to pay Rangers £50 and the club £10, or just £10 so that the club can register them for club purposes only?

Never mind!

Just the £10 mate.

Just the 10.the club will get more points if some of your members sign up to the membership scheme.

Need to pay the £50 and then the £10 mate.

They can only be registered by the RSC is they have paid the £40/£50 and are myGers members.
No you don’t.you will get extra points for every member who signs up to the membership scheme.the rsc pay the £10 per registered member and it’ll be up to the individual rsc if they then pass that on to their rsc members.

The buses have had a monopoly on tickets for years it was always going to have change at somepoint, that tends to be the real motivation behind most arguments about RSCs on here.

It's an additional 10 or 5 quid for people if they want access to tickets, I don't really see a major issue financial or otherwise.

I think it just hampers RSCs using the old dark arts to secure additional tickets that's the real bugbear for most people if they're honest.

Of course the people who go to everygame should have the majority of tickets. Supporters clubs are how everyone travels.

No you don’t.you will get extra points for every member who signs up to the membership scheme.the rsc pay the £10 per registered member and it’ll be up to the individual rsc if they then pass that on to their rsc members.
Aye I realised after I posted that I had read it wrong.

I thought it seemed odd so double checked and turns out I was wrong!

Some Rangers fans bought season tickets for Dumbarton to secure tickets for the games there. Also bought home end tickets.

I am not questioning the loyalty at all mate, just saying there is clubs who have a few more supporters clubs so their buses get more tickets to anybody saying it’s a myth, it’s a fact.

Not saying it’s wrong either.

Aye I realised after I posted that I had read it wrong.

I thought it seemed odd so double checked and turns out I was wrong!
No worries,when you read more into it.it appears to me it’s not that more different to the current system.the bigger rsc’s with the biggest amount of season ticket members will still get the most tickets(which is fair).

I will be renewing my season ticket and joining the new membership scheme,I don't go to away games semi finals,finals and very few Euro games,So nothing really in it for me apart from the pride in saying I am a member of the official Rangers suppprters scheme.

It's virtually impossible for a phantom club to get an A rating. In fact, I'd say it is impossible.

For a complete phantom club I would agree with you Mark as I believe you need 60 season tickets for A+?

However if a genuine club is stuck on 30-35 members and can’t go any higher then its pretty easy to get that number up especially with the amount of season ticket holders not in a RSC.

Its just my opinion but if

- you don’t live anywhere near the RSC area
- don’t use the RSC to travel to any games
- don’t use the RSCs facilities
- no historical connections whatsoever (ie use to live there)

Then you shouldn’t really be in that particular RSC. Rangers obviously knows this occurs and have tried in the past rectifying it by increasing the threshold of each category. Will be interesting to see how this method works.

And if most clubs are like my RSC then virtually everyone who is an RSC member is already a season ticket holder. Wink at that.

As far as I can tell, season ticket holders can apply got away tickets and RSCs can also apply for away tickets as well.

Is £10 not worth it for an extra avenue for tickets?

I left at half time and went to pub, coldest I’ve ever been. Met a lot of unhappy fans outside still trying to get in
I was outside with Gus from my bus and Elliot if I recall correctly missed all goals haha! I’m gonna text that baldy chelsea man from your bus GB initials to see his view on ST renewals :))

There are no dark arts. The idea that there are hundreds of falsely registered clubs scooping up thousands of tickets is simply a myth.

I know for a fact buses get all members to register for away tickets even if they don't want them to get access to additional tickets so you can't really tell me it isn't currently being exploited heavily.

Correct but that membership fee goes to Rangers now not in the RSC bank account an impossible job is becoming ever more impossible now

Totally agree, We are gonna need to look at putting our memberships up or something next season or do some fundraising, which is no gonna be easy they way things are.
We have already lost our two main fundraisers for this year.

We are an A+ club and making the buses break even or not losing money on them, is becoming harder and harder, except when we play the mentally challengeds of course!

Don't muddy the water. A decent proportion of people travel to home and away games by bus but the RSCs have never had anything approaching 50% of away tickets.
wish we did, we are the away day travelers and we struggle like hell

How much is the membership scheme for non RSC members? Cannot see a price anywhere on club site.

Don't muddy the water. A decent proportion of people travel to home and away games by bus but the RSCs have never had anything approaching 50% of away tickets.

I am totally sick of folk slagging RSC's on here and the allocation we get.
A 50% allocation, in which universe is this?

Take the mentally challengeds cup final for instance. Which caused a huge debate on here at the time, with folk moaning about the amount of tickets RSC's got and getting two bites of the cherry etc. The facts are very different.
A+ got 6
A got 4
B got 3
C got 2
D got 2
E got 1
The rest nothing.

There are 148 A+ Clubs
A 69
B 27
C 36
D 35
E 187

That's 1574 tickets out of what? Roughly around 19,,000 allocation after corporate and players etc? Which is low as I am sure rangeral said at the time it was 21,000 allocation.

That works out at 8.28% of the tickets went to RSC's. or 7.49% of 21,000.

Not a lot I would suggest and a long way away from 50%.

I am totally sick of folk slagging RSC's on here and the allocation we get.
A 50% allocation, in which universe is this?

Take the mentally challengeds cup final for instance. Which caused a huge debate on here at the time, with folk moaning about the amount of tickets RSC's got and getting two bites of the cherry etc. The facts are very different.
A+ got 6
A got 4
B got 3
C got 2
D got 2
E got 1
The rest nothing.

There are 148 A+ Clubs
A 69
B 27
C 36
D 35
E 187

That's 1574 tickets out of what? Roughly around 19,,000 allocation after corporate and players etc? Which is low as I am sure rangeral said at the time it was 21,000 allocation.

That works out at 8.28% of the tickets went to RSC's. or 7.49% of 21,000.

Not a lot I would suggest and a long way away from 50%.
The buses are going to get shafted imo.They won't get anymore tickets and will be handing over 100s for the privilege of getting the same amount they get every other season.
All because some people don't like the fact some people might get the chance of a ticket through CCS and their bus.
Fact is without the buses the away support dies. If the people with the issue with buses think the numbers that travel everywhere every 2nd week and midweek will continue if buses are no longer viable then they're kidding themselves on.The numbers won't be there if everyone has to do it by car.

Back