Article The executive summary of Rangers submission to the SPFL AGM - download

I must stop editing my posts whilst you are quoting them. :)

On how they conclude the season we all know how they will conclude it. That's gone, the Dhims will be gifted the title. That's not what this is about any more (if it ever was).

We are clearly coming at this from different angles. I don't see it as being about this season. I've given up on that and know fine well how it will be concluded. Other than the Dutch, nobody appears to have any interest in N&V - and even the Dutch are likely to end up in Court battles. I've moved on from N&V and 'season incomplete'. I don't see either happening.

What we are seeking is regime change at the SPFL and an awareness in the rest of Scottish football that we will no longer tolerate the shite that goes on. If we get Doncaster, I'd describe it as a 'draw'. Any more than him - eg McKenzie and/or MacLennan - then I'd argue it was a 'win'. If either or all of those things happen before they end the season who knows what chaos could ensue.

Regime change for the sake of it isnt enough of an end game. If Doncaster goes then that's great. If he's replaced by somebody equally worthless then ultimately it has achieved nothing. I've spoken over the past few days of driving narrative and creating consensus. We may well want Doncaster gone but that in itself doesnt create the conditions where the rest of Scottish football start to demand better. If we want that kind of change then there needs to be something that convinces the rest of the SPFL chairmen that there is a clear way forward.

But to be fair shouting about whistleblower and having transcripts of whatsapp messages.

The ones everyone has seen. F.u.cking hell

Evidence is not presented in the Executive Summary it is exactly what it says on the tin, a summary.

On this point my reading is that the substance of our argument is not about whether the liability exists or not but the fact that there may be a potential liability was not made available to clubs voting on the resolution. Nor was the fact that one of the means of making up the shortfall, should it be necessary, was that the SPFL were going to give Sky FREE sponsorship of the league. The resolution applied to giving the SPFL Board the right to end ALL their leagues, not just the lower leagues. There's no question that, but for Rangers intervention, the Premiership would already have been called. It may well be imminently in any case.

The very fact that the SPFL were discussing how to deal with any shortfall as a result of the liability arising indicates that they were treating such an outcome as a real danger. Clubs should have been aware of that fact and the information was withheld. They should also have been aware that one of the SPFLs contingencies was effectively giving away League sponsorship for free. In fact, I suspect that it will only be upon receipt of our dossier that some of them will realise this threat remains.

After all the earlier hysteria I'm actually, unlike you, a bit calmer after reading the summary. The case for an Inquiry is clear. We won't win the vote but all the evidence is there to justify the calling of an Inquiry.

Totally agree they failed to inform clubs of the potential liability with Sky, but at the same time went full steam ahead to notify clubs that they would loose out on the money split should they not vote in favour of this league reconstruction. Total stitch up from begining to end, all rushed through to try and pull the wool over our eyes.

The Aberdeen part is interesting. It seems to say they requested a guarantee regarding finalising the league that was granted to them but not made known to anyone else. This being made clear to everyone could have scuppered the SPFLs plans as teams could vote for the resolution to receive money but know they have a later separate vote to decide the league outcome.

Could this be why Aberdeen changed their vote?

I may have misread that as I had skim quickly due to the fact I'm supposed to be working

Hadnt heard any of that Aberdeen part before. The way we've worded it suggests we're trying to keep them onside while still releasing the info.

How anyone can read that and say it's not explosive and damning, is quite frankly off their rocker.
These rats have the gall to immediately put out a statement saying they see no reason to suspend Doncaster et al.

There could be video out there of Doncaster snorting crack in a gimp suit whilst sending out emails to Dundee and these fuckers would still deny wrongdoing.
The place is fucked, reeking and unfit for purpose.

I wish we could get to f uck out of this shite hole.
Unfortunately some fans will jump on anything and the rest are “ New member” Tim’s.

Regime change for the sake of it isnt enough of an end game. If Doncaster goes then that's great. If he's replaced by somebody equally worthless then ultimately it has achieved nothing. I've spoken over the past few days of driving narrative and creating consensus. We may well want Doncaster gone but that in itself doesnt create the conditions where the rest of Scottish football start to demand better. If we want that kind of change then there needs to be something that convinces the rest of the SPFL chairmen that there is a clear way forward.

You've shifted your narrative from it being focussed on this season's title to what happens after we get rid of Doncaster. You've agreed Doncaster should be gone. Let's get that done and then we can move things on. We've left room for an attack on the SFA in our dossier as well, in relation to the letter to UEFA.

You don't think there's much merit in what we've read of the dossier. I disagree. C'est La Vie. I think we will take it to the next stage if the clubs reject the Inquiry. Interestingly, after the initial flurry of abuse and rebuttal from the SPFL, Motherwell and Speirs things seem to have calmed somewhat. Even Speirs is retreating somewhat. Long way to go on this yet.

Don't be fooled by the 'trial by media' bollocks.

This stuff is shocking and highlights the incompetence and underhandedness of people running the SPFL.

They're there to run the league on behalf of the members (the clubs); but they seem to think it is up to them to make all decisions - even the ones that may have a detrimental impact on the members - as they see fit and without inviting input from the members!

The problem we have in this country is we have people in the media who haven't clue. We see it exposed daily in the government covirus briefings - when will you lift the lockdown? asked constantly; and we now see it in the reaction to this report. "Nothing in it, loads of rubbish"

Ok, some observations.

1. It took me longer to read that than it did the SPFL to have tweeted their rebuttal, being in copy of the full submission (somehow...)
2. I have no doubt of the veracity of it, what I doubt is the appetite for the Timlickers in Scottish football to act like turkeys during December. Because it’s clear there’s quite a few names popping up well beyond Hampden. Funnily enough, not anywhere near the Fat Japanese. He’s too shrewd for that.

Was he not an adviser to the Board? I.e Assisting the negotiation around the TV deal with Doncaster? If so and the TV deals are below Market value this helps helps a certain team with much bigger income keep the SPFL pond smaller and reduce any challenge

Alloa and Dunfermline knew before us that our res. failed.

We know the small cabal there is, this needs other clubs to come out in support. The document is very damning.
Alloa = Mulraney. Mulraney is the current SFA Vice-President. By rotation Mulraney will become the next SFA president. Petrie followed by Mulraney what chance has the future Scottish Football got ?

You've shifted your narrative from it being focussed on this season's title to what happens after we get rid of Doncaster. You've agreed Doncaster should be gone. Let's get that done and then we can move things on. We've left room for an attack on the SFA in our dossier as well, in relation to the letter to UEFA.

You don't think there's much merit in what we've read of the dossier. I disagree. C'est La Vie. I think we will take it to the next stage if the clubs reject the Inquiry. Interestingly, after the initial flurry of abuse and rebuttal from the SPFL, Motherwell and Speirs things seem to have calmed somewhat. Even Speirs is retreating somewhat. Long way to go on this yet.

I've shifted nothing.

If Doncaster is removed then great. He's useless, probably a corrupt and deceitful slug and it would be better if he was removed from his position. So long as whoever is appointed to replace him is of a higher caliber.

Scottish football may well quietly thank Rangers if it gets rid of the thoroughly detestable figure. Again that's fine, but only if it improves our influence in the game.

Coming back to the original vote itself? It may have been flawed. There may have been other options. I'm sure Falkirk would really like it if Raith weren't given a title they don't deserve and Thistle would rather they weren't relegated. Again, none of that helps with a conclusion to this season's top flight or whats likely to happen going forward.

As for the £10million bill? If football cannot be played until September and the league cannot find a way to keep clubs, broadcasters and sponsors happy then regardless of the vote for the bottom 3 leagues, Scottish football is going to have a bill to pay. As fans on here like to boast, Scottish football only has a TV deal and only attracts sponsors because of us and them.

The only real difference between our views on this seems to be that you see victories in exposing Doncaster and getting shot of him. For me thats a fine outcome, but it isnt the most important one. We're still left with fundamental problems in Scottish football surrounding the 19/20 top flight, the Scottish cup, the consequences of being unable to complete either competition and how we take Scottish football forward. There has to be something more. There has to be an end game that actually means something more than simply settling scores with Doncaster and making the SPFL board look bad.

That part about some clubs wishing to speak out will only do so if an Independent investigation is ok'd.
This will be the next step.

I think there is more than enough in the dossier to say to other clubs, is this what you are willing to keep letting the SPFL away with what they have been doing for years.

If they shrug their shoulders at this, then they can all go to the wall.

Speechless. This was never going to be an atomic bomb, and was blown out of proportion by the bottom feeders in the press, but what it does do is highlight numerous failings and bias in the executive. There won't be many places to hide for them now, and I look forward to their next batch of one sided interviews.

The gist of it is the difference between the league being Calling the league or Voiding the league.

Were members clubs made aware of the consequences of both actions?

Yeah, i thought that, but wasn't sure. So much information to take in at times. Cheers.

Seeing as the embarrassing word is getting tossed about often today, those posters using that "smoking gun" patter are embarrassing themselves with that patter.

This is more of an al capone kinda thing for me. We know the extend they go to but this is what we can prove at this time.

The potential liability exists or it doesnt. If ending the Championship and Leagues One and Two didnt risk triggering such a liability then there would be no need for disclosure as there would be no potential liability to disclose. I suspect that any liability would involve the resolution of the top flight and the Scottish cup as those 2 competitions would draw far bigger income than the outcome of League Two.

We need to remember that the vote was about the resolution of the lower 3 leagues of Scottish football. All of this may raise questions over the honesty and competency of members of the SPFL board, but how does that progress the here and now of Coronavirus and a potential tainted title?

I would have said it would affect them given that BT covered some of Dundee Utd's games in the Championship.

The whole league system is covered by the TV deal hence the reason the SPL did their hostile takeover of the SFL in 2013. This was done to stop the payments from the SPL to the SFL for the rights to show our games in the lower leagues.

Read all 19 pages and the lies deceit and corruption is oozing out them

Doncaster and McKenzie FFS - their actions are disgusting and if clubs read this and think it’s acceptable way to run football we should chuck it as they are all crooked cuunts

The mhedia puppets who are trying to deflect are just paid off and morally and ethically corrupt to

This document proves they are all it and the main benefactor lies in the shadows and says nothing.

A predator in the dark just like their paedo ring preying on the weak and vulnerable

Well done Rangers

Posters on here who say this is a pile of shite will be plants and mentally challengeds trying to stir the shit

That's more than enough to see several members of the SPFL gone, but I think we all know it's going to have to go to court in this tin pot backwater.

I found that pretty damning to be honest. Particularly the failures in corporate governance stuff about Doncaster and the list of issues with McKenzie. There's more than enough to see them suspended and investigated, which is what we asked for.
Ive just finished reading the 19 pages that I downloaded and if we cant get the votes for an independent investigation than Its is incredible.
More incredible will be if any Rangers fan thinks we shouldnt have an investigation.
Anyone who thinks we should not bother with an investigation is worth the watching.
Tremendous work by Rangers in this document and I for one applaud the club in the manner we have gone about this.
Rangers are not atrocious as some pundits would like to call us. We are doing the correct thing here in exposing the wrongdoings of the SPFL.

I would have said it would affect them given that BT covered some of Dundee Utd's games in the Championship.

The whole league system is covered by the TV deal hence the reason the SPL did their hostile takeover of the SFL in 2013. This was done to stop the payments from the SPL to the SFL for the rights to show our games in the lower leagues.

The whole league isnt covered by the TV deal as TV doesnt show matches from League One or League Two outside of the play-off games. The money that the TV rights for top flight and a handful of Championship games brings in contributes to the pot that is distributed across all 4 leagues. The only rights deal that directly involves lower league clubs for the showing of matches is the cup TV rights, which will be why they were unwilling to cancel the Scottish cup.

The Aberdeen part is interesting. It seems to say they requested a guarantee regarding finalising the league that was granted to them but not made known to anyone else. This being made clear to everyone could have scuppered the SPFLs plans as teams could vote for the resolution to receive money but know they have a later separate vote to decide the league outcome.

Could this be why Aberdeen changed their vote?

I may have misread that as I had skim quickly due to the fact I'm supposed to be working

The Aberdeen chairman has already said he got an assurance the decision to end the league would go back to the club's. He's also said since Doncaster told him the resolution had carried anyway and that he had this assurance he basically got on board but had reservations about the whole process.

Hadnt heard any of that Aberdeen part before. The way we've worded it suggests we're trying to keep them onside while still releasing the info.

Aberdeen chairman blurted it out on sportsound on the radio on the Saturday after the vote

If we help get rid of him we may have more friends to influence the replacement.

I suspect more clubs will come out and add more info to this document as they will feel bolder with some protection from Rangers.

to me it was always destined to be dropped or end up in the courts , i still believe that to be the case

no "smoking gun" as such but looks like they've made so many wee mistakes they cannot really be allowed to continue.

The thing that stands out for me is that its clear to see that the SPFL/SFA are not seeking the best interests of all their member clubs. They are clearly working to an agenda that needs investigated, their intentions are not being made clear to all of the member clubs in the proper manner. We have put together a very good case in this respect. Well done Rangers

I like everyone else knows the club with no shame are going to get the title but it's beyond that now. I keep thinking about the clubs not mentioned by name that have evidence will they have the cojones to step forward. The attempt by the spfl to shrug it off and say there's nothing to see shows the mindset of these trumpets. Time for the rest of Scottish football to come out and for once tell the truth and prove how corrupt the spfl are.

The only real difference between our views on this seems to be that you see victories in exposing Doncaster and getting shot of him. For me thats a fine outcome, but it isnt the most important one. We're still left with fundamental problems in Scottish football surrounding the 19/20 top flight, the Scottish cup, the consequences of being unable to complete either competition and how we take Scottish football forward. There has to be something more. There has to be an end game that actually means something more than simply settling scores with Doncaster and making the SPFL board look bad.

To bring down the house of cards you start by removing the first card. If that's not enough, you take the second one. A big game of Jenga if you prefer another analogy.

The vote was flawed, but its been three quarters enacted. Even if this goes to Court and the Judge rules the vote was flawed its unlikely that anything will be rolled back. I'd even go so far as to say if that happened they'd simply have another vote and vote for the same thing. Only by that time there will probably be fewer clubs to vote. The season's done. We won't be kicking another ball from this season's league competition. We can argue about N&V or incomplete seasons on another thread. That's not what our dossier's primary purpose is.

For now, as far as I'm concerned, we've taken the first steps towards regaining some influence in Scottish football by effecting a clear and significant change. Next step, as you indicate, is to ensure any replacements are not Dhimmy patsy's.

The thing that stands out for me is that its clear to see that the SPFL/SFA are not seeking the best interests of all their member clubs. They are clearly working to an agenda that needs investigated, their intentions are not being made clear to all of the member clubs in the proper manner. We have put together a very good case in this respect. Well done Rangers
The long term goal is to implicate these people and prove they are in the business of benefitting one club and one club only.
the report doesn’t mention Celtic once, and they haven’t been mentioned at all in connection with any of this.
the clubs long terms goal would be to link the governing body and Celtic and the handing over of the title by any which way possible.

Nobody is going to be found guilty or innocent based on our dossier. Is it enough to get an independent inquiry? In any normal society it is more than enough. In Scotland, I suspect we are going to court.

The long term goal is to implicate these people and prove they are in the business of benefitting one club and one club only.
the report doesn’t mention Celtic once, and they haven’t been mentioned at all in connection with any of this.
the clubs long terms goal would be to link the governing body and Celtic and the handing over of the title by any which way possible.

Some cnut is sitting on Liewell, he has said f all (to my knowledge) about this shit.

I've shifted nothing.

If Doncaster is removed then great. He's useless, probably a corrupt and deceitful slug and it would be better if he was removed from his position. So long as whoever is appointed to replace him is of a higher caliber.

Scottish football may well quietly thank Rangers if it gets rid of the thoroughly detestable figure. Again that's fine, but only if it improves our influence in the game.

Coming back to the original vote itself? It may have been flawed. There may have been other options. I'm sure Falkirk would really like it if Raith weren't given a title they don't deserve and Thistle would rather they weren't relegated. Again, none of that helps with a conclusion to this season's top flight or whats likely to happen going forward.

As for the £10million bill? If football cannot be played until September and the league cannot find a way to keep clubs, broadcasters and sponsors happy then regardless of the vote for the bottom 3 leagues, Scottish football is going to have a bill to pay. As fans on here like to boast, Scottish football only has a TV deal and only attracts sponsors because of us and them.

We dont want or need influence, all we ask for is a level playing field

Another thing. The SPFL board are meeting today at 2pm to discuss the dossier right. So who then issued the statement released earlier ? It couldn’t have been the board as they hadn’t met so who was it and what authority did they have ? Why was it released without the boards approval or consent ! Do Doncaster McKenzie and McLellan just do what they want ?

This isn't just about the conclusion of a league table though is it?

Primarily it is.

Right now it's about Scottish football emerging from the other side of the Covid pandemic with as many clubs as possible in as healthy a position as possible. You think that the charimen of Killie, Ross County, Morton, Airdrie or Stenny are thinking about the long term administration of football in Scotland. Getting rid of Doncaster would be a fine achievement from a Rangers viewpoint. Arguably more important would be reaching a position where Rangers are capable of having more influence in football going forward. That cant happen without reformation of the SPFL, but it also can't happen without the support of the rest of the SPFL club chairmen. Right now all they want to know is whether or not their clubs will be around when we finally get to play football again.

Well,
I was worried we may come out of this a bit of a laughing stock. having read it...
Well done Rangers. No smoking gun or headshot, but a steady , detailed picture of lies, deceit and bullying.
If heads do not roll after an investigation, we should resign from the league because clearly every other club will be happy at being cheated.

The whole league isnt covered by the TV deal as TV doesnt show matches from League One or League Two outside of the play-off games. The money that the TV rights for top flight and a handful of Championship games brings in contributes to the pot that is distributed across all 4 leagues. The only rights deal that directly involves lower league clubs for the showing of matches is the cup TV rights, which will be why they were unwilling to cancel the Scottish cup.

The SPFL have multiple TV deals with different broadcasters

Sky for Premier/Championship Coverage
BT for same
BBC for Live Championship Games on BBC Scotland
BBC for as Live Premiership delayed transmission on BBC Alba
BBC for Live Playoff matches for League 2 & League 1 on BBC Alba

So if the combined total of all of these relates to the £10m mentioned in the report, then everybody is on the hook for it as the SPFL is the 42 member clubs.

The Scottish Cup is a contract with the SFA so does not come into it. The SPFL runs the Betfred Cup which was completed.

We dont want or need influence, all we ask for is a level playing field

And given that the vote concerning the bottom 3 divisions in Scottish football didnt disadvantage Rangers in the slightest, how does any of the summary achieve a level playing field? The only way we get a level playing field is if we have enough influence within Scottish football that fellow club chairmen will listen to us.

The SPFL have multiple TV deals with different broadcasters

Sky for Premier/Championship Coverage
BT for same
BBC for Live Championship Games on BBC Scotland
BBC for as Live Premiership delayed transmission on BBC Alba
BBC for Live Playoff matches for League 2 & League 1 on BBC Alba

So if the combined total of all of these relates to the £10m mentioned in the report, then everybody is on the hook for it as the SPFL is the 42 member clubs.

The Scottish Cup is a contract with the SFA so does not come into it. The SPFL runs the Betfred Cup which was completed.

The combined total may well be £10million, but if you remove the SPFL premier league and Scottish cup, the remaining amount would barely stretch to 6 figures.

Some cnut is sitting on Liewell, he has said f all (to my knowledge) about this shit.
And why would he, if we were in his shoes we’d do the same. His patsy’s are getting the heat, he’s getting the benefit.

However...... for the 2nd biggest club in the country to have said absolutely nothing about any of this, when most people interested in the truth have been speculating on ‘join the dots’ especially, leaves you with only one conclusion. They want this to go away, preferably after Rangers have been pilloried in the press. Anyone with half a curious mind would ask themselves why.

Read that very carefully and my impression is that I'm very pleased with our club's work there. Main points dealt with above do won't go over them again.

Two minor points for me:

RMcK is an employee of the SPFL for legal opinion yet three member clubs couldn't rely on him to offer advice on the alternative resolution (on the basis of the interpretation of one word no less). He wasn't answering emails for three days yet somehow manages to contact Rangers Counsel four times in quick succession asking them to drop their allegations on the night of the vote.

I assume it's Ian Maxwell's co-signature on the letter to UEFA? Call me cynical but perhaps "co-erced" into doing so with the guarantee that his cup semi finals (££) will be prioritised before the early league games when football resumes?

The SFA one sits on the 'deal with you later' pile.

"Rangers have been informed by several member clubs that they have additional information that they would like to disclose concerning these events, but that they would only do so with the protection of an independent investigation. This is of particular relevance with regards to the accusations of bullying where the fear of recriminations persist."

With regards to this point in the Rangers dossier any club, media outlet or journalist who argues there should not be an independent investigation should be ashamed.

P.13 - 7.46pm Douglas Park informs Doncaster of allegations made by a whistleblower. McKenzie then sends 4 emails asking for the allegations not to be repeated.

Is it just me, or is there no clear indication in our report as to exactly what those allegations were?

Also, is there a link anywhere for the appendices?

Back