Adrian Grbic

Mani

Rangers could lose their main hitman Alfredo Morelos in the summer transfer window and the club are already scouring the transfer market for his replacement. However, the Gers could have already found their man in Austrian striker Adrian Grbic.

There is a possibility Morelos could leave Ibrox this summer, with Leicester City boss Brendan Rodgers considering bringing the Colombian to the Premier League.

Morelos has scored 29 goals in 46 appearances in all competitions for Rangers and the Foxes are said to be carrying out extensive checks on the striker ahead of possible summer approach.

It would be a blow to boss Steven Gerrard to lose Morelos as his goal record has been impressive in the Scottish Premiership.

However, according to Football Insider, sources at the club have confirmed that Rangers director of football Ross Wilson is looking at Grbic as a possirble replacement.

The 23-year-old joined French side Clermont Foot 63 on a free transfer last summer and his having a great debut season at the club.

He has scored 17 goals and provided four assists in 26 Ligue 2 appearances.

Grbic came through the Stuttgart academy in Germany before spells at Floridsdorfer AC and Rheindorf Altach in Austria.

Not the first time we’ve been linked to this guy. But why does he have to be a replacement for Alfie? We need a 3rd option CF and our second option is nearly 40. What if, just what if, we wanted this guy to compliment the squad?

Mentioned this in another thread, I wonder if we will go back in for the lad we just failed to get on loan in January Vydra?

That had to be a huge blow for Gerrard that deal falling through late on in the window.

Vydra completely out of the picture and set for a loan move, it falls through, he gets back in the team and starts scoring.

There's no doubt he would've hit the ground running here and been a difference maker. Games at home like Aberdeen 0-0 and Hamilton 0-1 we were screaming out for someone like him.

That had to be a huge blow for Gerrard that deal falling through late on in the window.

Vydra completely out of the picture and set for a loan move, it falls through, he gets back in the team and starts scoring.

There's no doubt he would've hit the ground running here and been a difference maker. Games at home like Aberdeen 0-0 and Hamilton 0-1 we were screaming out for someone like him.
Would love us to go back in for Vydra, much better option than Lyndon Dykes

Looks like it would be some step up dose not look like there is much of a crowd at any of thoses games.

BTW, the luvly way of FF. I reckon if I go back to the first Hagi thread on here, I would read much of the above too, perhaps with a bit variation in word and text.

Maybe we leave it to guys like those who found Aribo, Hagi and Co. to make a sane decision about a player's ability?

Would love us to go back in for Vydra, much better option than Lyndon Dykes
We are going to need a few forwards . I expect Alfredo will go so we need to replace him with at least two new forwards as we were light before up front. I also expect Barsac and Tav to go so there will be a fair bit of movement once things start to clear up.

We are going to need a few forwards . I expect Alfredo will go so we need to replace him with at least two new forwards as we were light before up front. I also expect Barsac and Tav to go so there will be a fair bit of movement once things start to clear up.

cant see Morelos leaving.
we won’t get our valuation and indeed most clubs will only be dealing in Loans etc for them forseeable, including ourselves

cant see Morelos leaving.
we won’t get our valuation and indeed most clubs will only be dealing in Loans etc for them forseeable, including ourselves
Hard to judge what will happen. I think England will have money to spend maybe not as much but a huge part of their income comes from TV so that will be there and at some point even if it's the start of new year fans will be let back in. Also if prices drop for our players it will be the same for us buying.

Few articles are suggesting they want £9-£10 million for him. I'd be surprised if Rangers spent that on him.

I was sure Alfie would go last summer and it didn't happen so who knows with the market looking unstable for the forseeable.
This lads name has been linked with us before so we may well have looked at him but I haven't seen enough to know how good he is or not,but I doubt we'll be paying more than 'Kent' money on anyone for some time-nothing except my personal opinion but I think there will definately be a ceiling with any amount we pay for one player and fwiw I think that's sensible.

Kent's a very good player but young and inconsistent at times,whether we like it or not we overpaid for him.That shouldn't be a mistake we replicate.

Few articles are suggesting they want £9-£10 million for him. I'd be surprised if Rangers spent that on him.

23, no caps for Austria, a half decent season in the French second tier that includes 5 penalties.

Morelos must be worth £50m then.

Would hope that Morelos isn’t leaving, desperately need him for next season.
We need to cash in.
We are not winning titles with the team we have now so we need to improve and we need funds to do so.
Folk take about Dubai last season as a turning point, I see it as Morelos getting sent off against them. He's just not reliable enough. That's not going to change unfortunately.

Loves a ping from distance. Good set pieces. I'd sign him to be 2nd choice if we can. Defore 3rd. No need for Kamberi.

Back