Public consultation on new flats at Ibrox

I knew through work that developers had been looking at it for a while. Didn't know about these specific plans, or why the club want rid.

Stayed in the redeveloped Ibroxholm high flats, was class views of the city one side and Ibrox the other side. Could see right up the touchline of Main Stand to BF1 area. View wise, Ibrox was always surrounded by flats. Going to be some parking issues for sure. Surely the old wine alley area would be more suited to flats. Merchant Homes surely for sale, rather than the new GHA/mid market rental at the front of the stadium @ Skene Rd. All for the Ibrox train station reopening.

I wouldn't worry about it. If a sale of the land for housing could make Rangers money...the council will knock it back anyway.

Does anyone know who owns Merchant Homes?

Follow Follow the money. If the club has sold this land to a developer then the developers will be making money. Lots of money.

The question we should be asking who is making lots of money from land that RFC while making money from the sale could be making money from.

We should be putting a multi storey car park there. It would pay for itself on match days at a few quid a car

No it wouldn't. Car Parks are enormously expensive to construct. Minimum of 4k per space. Glasgow desperately needs to loosen it's auto dependency. Let buses park but no private cars should get priority.

Govan is in desperate need of development this is fantastic news. Car Parks are just about the worst uses of urban land.

I agree.

We’ve been wanting the GCC to spruce the land up around Ibrox for some while.

I like how they’ve took inspiration from the Main Stand and kept the theme with the red brick and shape of windows.

The Albion Car Park and the surrounding radius is a dump until you hit Ibrox.
Have to agree, I think that looks good

0_Screen-Shot-2020-05-20-at-185550.png
That doesn’t look like the car park that those flats are on it looks like the wasteground next to the sports complex to me.

I kind of like it at the moment where you can see the main stand from ages away

That doesn’t look like the car park that those flats are on it looks like the wasteground next to the sports complex to me.

I don’t think it is because it looks like it’s adjacent to the grassy roundabout.
0_Screen-Shot-2020-05-20-at-185550.png

574101-DA-A791-4-C15-802-E-7-E1-C036025-EC.jpg

You don't need to own the land to make a planning application so it does not necessarily mean we have sold part of the land. However it could be we have and raised some money . If they are going to get a lot of flats on it then we will be getting a fair amount of money. What I would like to see is a train station build just up from the filling station.

Seems a bit of an odd thing all round (no pun intended).

Development itself looks ok. But. Not. There. Please.

Read the document in post #34 that I linked. It takes up about half to two thirds of the Albion Car Park.

if i could figure out how to post links, the link ive posted above shows part of the land will be "retained carpark" whether or not the multistory goes there who knows.

Have we sold the Albion car park?
Given the proposed parking restrictions we should be expanding the available parking not building flats on it.
There is more chance of there being a Protestant Lord Provost of Glasgow than there is for a Scottish local authority to grant permission for any extra parking. I was involved with a recently opened public building and the one thing the council were absolutely firm on was that we would only get the bare minimum of spaces because they want folk out of cars and using public transport.

You don't need to own the land to make a planning application so it does not necessarily mean we have sold part of the land. However it could be we have and raised some money . If they are going to get a lot of flats on it then we will be getting a fair amount of money. What I would like to see is a train station build just up from the filling station.

Making a quick buck and restricting ourselves forevermore does not make any sense.

Get the train station open and buy hinselwood land for a hotel. I dont think it looks to bad. The area looks terrible need a facelift badly, too many old empty buildings.

Back