Public consultation on new flats at Ibrox

0_Screen-Shot-2020-05-20-at-190642.png

Chance for that is now gone for at least our lifetimes.
Mark is there a specific reason the board did not communicate the sale of the land to the supporters.

I am in no way comparing them to the spivs but this is the kind of sale I'd have imagined would have been more in tune with their stewardship.

I'll wait on the detail but this looks like a ridiculous decision.

They are demolitioning the buildings between the Wee Club & roundabout the moment. Any mention of that land.

Great nods to the Main Stand. Staunch one might say. Outwith the new Cala development at the Village Hotel at Festival Park trying to tout itself as an extension to Finnieston (no laughing at the back), not much decent property for sale in the area. Provided a solution for parking is found, I'm all for it. This being the sticker, given the recent matchday parking consultation/proposals we have all heard about.

There is plenty of land about Ibrox, we should buy the Ibrox complex and updated it so local area can use it for a fee, then use it for game days.

As I have said hinselwood good for a hotel, plus area behind garage used to be high flat more land.

Industry units on broomie side badly needs facelift. Land further up to kfc big enough for car parks. Make the area the HEART of Ibrox, pedestrian walk way outside front door.

Am sure a few bluenose could do a mock up with ideas.

How much do you reckon the land could have been sold off for? Seems like a short term decision
It might not necessarily be as short term as you think, it could be the beginning of plans to redevelop the surrounding area which has been desperately needed for decades.

That being said though, really not a fan of it being a secret.

It might not necessarily be as short term as you think, it could be the beginning of plans to redevelop the surrounding area which has been desperately needed for decades.

That being said though, really not a fan of it being a secret.
I get both points to be honest. I dont suppose we have the money long term to build on it, however now that chance is gone completely. I agree it needs modernising, however we could have been part of it. I know the ideas of hotels etc have been floated before, but something of that ambition.

no basis in anything other than a hunch but we get out an iron clad retail deal. one week and week two this. Does the fat man build flats?

jumping in at the end but I am thinking that looks a lot better than a car park. I would actually prefer it if the surrounding area was redeveloped. I like all the old tenement buildings, hate those flats at the Copland end, not impressed behind the Govan or Broomloan.
The area behind the govan stand is a bit of a disgrace in all honesty

Making a quick buck and restricting ourselves forevermore does not make any sense.
It would though if there is a train station as part of the deal. That would negate hundreds of private cars parking near the ground.

Surely this can’t be true? The 25 year deal on that white elephant plastic pitch across the road was bad enough. Not even a fan zone clause and after we got stuffed we now pay the upkeep!! We should be buying up land around the ground. Not selling it.
If we are selling off our car park it can only be described as crazy. Absolute madness. Short term thinking. Lack of ambition. With the new parking restrictions coming soon, a large group of our fans need the option of parking somewhere close to the ground.

Elderly, disabled and infirm even further from the ground. A scandal.

Not reading through the tread and it may have been posted already but this development is at the end of the car park where Broomloan Oval ( the high flats which were demolished a few years were).

Back