Public consultation on new flats at Ibrox

The whole area around the stadium has been in dire need of investment for a long time, this could be the start of some much needed redevelopment which can only have a positive impact on the stadium footprint, imo.

One thing I’m really pleased about is that this must have been in the works for a while to get to planning consultation stage. And not a peep or leak anywhere! How long have we been complaining that every bit of business Rangers have tried to conduct and some FB rat goes squealing to the tabloids? For this proposal to get to this stage, it gives me a bit of confidence that there are decent people on board working for the good of the club and the area.

Unless alternative parking is provided, this is a massive slap in the face for any bears travelling from out with the central belt.

If GCC manage to get the parking restrictions imposed where are people supposed to park? It is virtually impossible to travel via public transport for midweek games unless you live in the central belt.

0_Screen-Shot-2020-05-20-at-185550.png
This is just nonsense as there are already houses built here just a couple of years ago that loads on here were bitching about as they couldn’t see the stadium when they cam of folk the motorway

Totally bemused by this. I was in Bilbao last year and their stadium is open plan about 200 yards right around the stadium. It’s stunning, I thought crazy decisions like this were in the past.

More than half the Albion away, when any proposed increase in stadium capacity was possibly being hamstrung about transportation concerns? There must be a part of the thinking that is still to be joined up here... I hope. :oops:

Totally bemused by this. I was in Bilbao last year and their stadium is open plan about 200 yards right around the stadium. It’s stunning, I thought crazy decisions like this were in the past.
Perhaps we should have built our stadium in the middle of nowhere, my own house is about 50yards from the stadium and has been there for about 10 years before the stadium. People round here need housing and this development will be going on a site which was previously housing within the last 15 years.

I think it's the piece of land we always see skeletor standing on when reporting for BBC, there used to be tenements and flats on that land, it's not the Albion

Stayed in the redeveloped Ibroxholm high flats, was class views of the city one side and Ibrox the other side. Could see right up the touchline of Main Stand to BF1 area. View wise, Ibrox was always surrounded by flats. Going to be some parking issues for sure. Surely the old wine alley area would be more suited to flats. Merchant Homes surely for sale, rather than the new GHA/mid market rental at the front of the stadium @ Skene Rd. All for the Ibrox train station reopening.
I think the underground is the reason that nothing has been built on this land since the old Brighton Street area was flattened. Potentially not able to pile the foundations properly?

A few members of my family stayed there and every time a train went under the houses shook!

I think it's the piece of land we always see skeletor standing on when reporting for BBC, there used to be tenements and flats on that land, it's not the Albion

Going by the plans on the developers website this is built on the Albion car park.

Only about one third of the parking will be left afterwards.

Call me old fashioned and I'm certainly no planner, but I'm more interested in money going towards strengthening the squad. They can build a big dipper there if they want. I'm more interested in what happens on the pitch.

The fanzones can be what they've always been. The pub.

My old man took me to the fan zone which was standing outside the stadium bar watching the fans, whilst popping in to see a man about a dug, again.

Perhaps we should have built our stadium in the middle of nowhere, my own house is about 50yards from the stadium and has been there for about 10 years before the stadium. People round here need housing and this development will be going on a site which was previously housing within the last 15 years.
Its not. Check post 162. It is on the section of the car park nearest to the roundabout. We lose slightly more than half of the existing car park.

Not reading through the tread and it may have been posted already but this development is at the end of the car park where Broomloan Oval ( the high flats which were demolished a few years were).
No its at the roundabout end in the car park.It looks like more than 50% of the car park is to be sold.

I’ll wait and see what the board have to say before getting wound up about it. Hopefully it’s part of a bigger plan but I do think they should be telling us something even if it’s through fan media rather than official channels.

GM has expressed his resignation to the sell off of this land and that its too late now to prevent it. I don't want Ibrox surrounded by a wasteland, but neither do I want it to be obscured behind new developments. Rangers needs to publicly inform the fans the reasons behind this sale and Club 1872 has to take an interest to address the concerns that I'm sure we all have. What is Glasgow District Council's involvement in this, as it will definitely not be in the best interests of the club?
Rangers must be aware that this news arouses instant suspicion amongst the supporters, that the usual forces that have transformed the area around a stadium in the East End of the city, much to its advantage and at minimum cost to the club concerned, does not have a similar philanthropic motivation in anything relating to our club.

Look at the plans on post 162. It is on the existing Albion car park.

I’ll wait and see what the board have to say before getting wound up about it. Hopefully it’s part of a bigger plan but I do think they should be telling us something even if it’s through fan media rather than official channels.
I think most of the fans would desperately want to hear from the board abkut this and find out what’s really happening.

From memory I'm sure to get planning permission for the Club Deck we were required to convert the Albion Training Ground into a 1000 space car park to alleviate the parking situation on match days.
So does this mean that the council will prevent us from using the Club Deck on match days?

I think the underground is the reason that nothing has been built on this land since the old Brighton Street area was flattened. Potentially not able to pile the foundations properly?

A few members of my family stayed there and every time a train went under the houses shook!
I saw the estimates getting done for the newest Ibroxholm flats which were piled. No idea what the ground is like round about the Brighton Street area, barring remnants of the founds for the previous flats, but the subway line runs under mid Iona St to where the junction where Vicarfield Place and Summertown Road meets. Try using Google Maps on default map type, and with 'transport' overlay. As an example, pile lengths for new flats at Festival Park area were 30m+ deep in places, supporting 4 storey flats. Many of the flats at front of Ibrox also piled.

From memory I'm sure to get planning permission for the Club Deck we were required to convert the Albion Training Ground into a 1000 space car park to alleviate the parking situation on match days.
So does this mean that the council will prevent us from using the Club Deck on match days?

Yup thats exactly what it means mate.

Our capacity will be reduced to 45k from this day forward.

Bit of a p1sser eh, glad my season tickets in the govan.:cool:

They're was a trade of I'm sure around the train station rumoured a few months ago but the club really need to come out and say something

I hate mentioning the sewer dwellers on here but you just know they will announce shortly a large all singing all dancing fanzone purposebuilt area fully approved by GCC and in part funded by land practically given away.

As sickening as it is certain.

Will be gutted if this comes to pass. Bad enough the gha housing just completed on prw obscuring the view of the stand but this is another level.
We've some fight on our hands in this city.

Merchant Homes is the builder a private company.
Possibly the club are selling the land in a partnership deal with the developers.
If so the land may be worth a few million and steady income over a number of years.

Back