Post your lineup for next season

Trueblueal

Bit of fun. We've started getting linked to a few players and some more will inevitably leave. What would a title winning first 11 look like for you next season?

McGregor

New. Helander. New. Barisic

Fer Jack
Hagi

Vydra Kent
Maric.

Can see Morelos and Kamara going to generate funds. Tav a maybe to go too. Fer is a free and a big solid unit who can play. Need a goal new threat from the right. Maric is 6'3 and top scored in Croatia 2 seasons running. Vydra would have been inspired and hopefully we can get him now. Leader at the back with a bit of pace and experience required. Helander is excellent positionally but lacks pace. Needs some legs next to him. Goldson is ok and rarely injured but I'd like a driving force in the team be it centre half or centre mid.

Meling and Chrivella are good bosman options and have quality to challlenge for a place at LB and CM. Daniel Schwabb at PSV could be the experienced centre back (also a bosman).

Bit of fun before someone says I'll just wait and see what the manager/DOF have lined up!

Mcgregor

Tav
Goldson
Katic
Barisic

Jack
Aribo

Stewart
Hagi
Kent

Morelos

Based on current squad plus Hagi (hopefully signs)
Would like to see right forward come in and maybe add some pace as we aren’t the fastest. Also a big unit in midfield.

McGregor
Tav Goldson helander barasic
Jack aribo hagi
New moreles Kent

Can only see 1/2 max first teamers . Main thing will be better back up at full back and centre mid and maybe even to Kent . And if Alfie goes then yeah a first choice striker will be needed

McGregor
Tav - Goldson - Helander - Barisic
DM - Jack
RW - Hagi - Kent
Morelos

Obviously would mean adapting the 4-3-2-1 but I think to get the best from Hagi we need to bring him central. I’d invest any other money we have in a DM to hold back and tidy up things when the full backs go forward and a goal scoring RW.

Any decent money on offer for anyone should be considered and if adequate replacements could be sourced fair enough.

Arfield, Defoe, Aribo, Kamara and Davis would all command plenty games also but I’d start with that set up. No chopping and changing centre halves unless injury or form dictates it.

I’d say 2 new signings who go directly into the starting 11 plus a deal for Hagi and maybe a few squad players thrown in.

Morelos I think might leave purely to fund a part of our transfer activities.

McGregor
DM - Jack
RW - Hagi - Kent
Morelos

Obviously would mean adapting the 4-3-2-1 but I think to get the best from Hagi we need to bring him central. I’d invest any other money we have in a DM to hold back and tidy up things when the full backs go forward and a goal scoring RW.

Any decent money on offer for anyone should be considered and if adequate replacements could be sourced fair enough.

Arfield, Defoe, Aribo, Kamara and Davis would all command plenty games also but I’d start with that set up. No chopping and changing centre halves unless injury or form dictates it.

Basically the team that won feck all and fell apart after Xmas.
Do you enjoy seeing us lose.

Our problem last season was the fact that gerrard had an 11 and a set formation! We need several options for a ‘best 11’. Some games we need players to put constant pressure on, some games against dross we need more direct clinical players. To win league and also do well in Europe we need two very different systems and gerrerd refused to change it.

Basically the team that won feck all and fell apart after Xmas.
Do you enjoy seeing us lose.
Well there’s 3 changes to that team, and a formation change, which I think is an achievable target for whatever budget we have. (£8-£10M??). I don’t think it’s a time for ripping it up and starting again. I won’t be happy if we piss away £10M on 9 players, I’d rather get 2/3 of quality regardless of their fee.

I honestly believe a quality DM transforms this side and a goalscoring RW would take the pressure off Kent and allow both him and Hagi to play in their natural positions.

Also I did say that offers on any of those players should be considered and if adequate replacements can be sourced then they would drop out?

The amount of posts quoting the current team is bizarre. We need major upgrades.
We already have a good team which just needs a few adjustments and the manager to use the squad better.

"Major upgrades" on the quality of players have in the first XI would cost absolute fortunes and completely unrealistic. English Premiership levels of money.

McGregor
DM - Jack
RW - Hagi - Kent
Morelos

Davis struggled after xmas, he will be 6 months older once the season starts.
I would be concerned about defoe and davis next season due to sharpness and fitness.
Possibly another mistake giving them a year, the good thing is there expierence with helping the younger players.

I think the main ones I would keep in the first team are
McGregor, Barisic, Helander, Aribo and Hagi.

The rest are up for grabs and need improved

I have already said I don’t think we will win a thing when the core of our team under SG is Goldson, Tavernier , Jack and Morelos. They will continue to let you down for varying reasons and we will win nothing.
I would be wanting to sell them all and with the funds our DOF needs to get more reliable and consistent players in . We have wasted a lot of money with poor signings and loans over the last 2 seasons and it needs to stop.
The majority of our funds need to go in getting us better midfielders than what we have. We have the decorative , fancy midfield players but no midfielders who dominate games or get you goals.
We need a more reliable CH with pace and a couple of strikers to replace Morelos.
I am hoping Kent improves with better signings around him. He needs to because he was as bad as many of our first team were after Xmas.

Davis struggled after xmas, he will be 6 months older once the season starts.
I would be concerned about defoe and davis next season due to sharpness and fitness.
Possibly another mistake giving them a year, the good thing is there expierence with helping the younger players.
I know mate, but both are on new deals for next season so we aren’t getting rid of them.

David De Gea
Trent Alexander Arnold
Kalidou Koulibaly
Raphael Varane
Jordi Alba
Kevin De Bruyne
N'golo Kante
Frankie De Jong
Marco Veratti
Kylian Mbappe
Alfredo Morelos(c)

Kim Jung Doncaster had agreed a deal with Sky TV and BT Sport for £750M per season, we secured fresh investment from deepest darkest West Africa late last night and agreed the 10 new signings above, Alfredo said he would stay for 55 if he was made captain and his new baby got a season ticket for the family stand.

We already have a good team which just needs a few adjustments and the manager to use the squad better.

"Major upgrades" on the quality of players have in the first XI would cost absolute fortunes and completely unrealistic. English Premiership levels of money.

A good team with no bottle clearly isn’t working. Rangers teams from before, after the result at new year would have went on a winning run and stretched the lead, we sh@t the bed.

If this summers window is like for like then it’s going to be another difficult season.

In an ideal world we’d bring in 7-8 players of a much higher quality to go straight into the first team.

I’ve had it with the majority of this group of players. I wouldn’t lose sleep if we sold any of them. They car crashed at the turn of the year from 18/19 which practically ended our season by Feb. Then again they car crashed after the turn of the year 19/20 and ended our domestic season once again.​

In reality though, I think we’ll bring in 3 players of decent quality.

These three need to be of quality such that they become the best three players in the league for their respective positions and have something about them where they can drag the rest of the squad up off their arses and install belief that we can win things again.

I think the main ones I would keep in the first team are
McGregor, Barisic, Helander, Aribo and Hagi.

The rest are up for grabs and need improved

I have already said I don’t think we will win a thing when the core of our team under SG is Goldson, Tavernier , Jack and Morelos. They will continue to let you down for varying reasons and we will win nothing.
I would be wanting to sell them all and with the funds our DOF needs to get more reliable and consistent players in . We have wasted a lot of money with poor signings and loans over the last 2 seasons and it needs to stop.
The majority of our funds need to go in getting us better midfielders than what we have. We have the decorative , fancy midfield players but no midfielders who dominate games or get you goals.
We need a more reliable CH with pace and a couple of strikers to replace Morelos.
I am hoping Kent improves with better signings around him. He needs to because he was as bad as many of our first team were after Xmas.

Great post.

I was hoping we would renew our interest in Vydra but not sure we will. Would also love Origi on loan.

It’s almost impossible to say what the line up will look like but anyone expecting 6 signings that walk straight into our team, will I guess be sadly disappointed

Hopefully it's a team full of guys like Hagi.
Guys who have no more than 4 letters in their name so that all of our fans, even the lurkers in here, have a chance to spell their name correctly.
And on that basis we really need to get rid of that guy Maroles.
;)

To be fair the op did say ‘for a bit of fun’.
Whilst you may not agree with him and FF is in my eyes at least,a mainly Protestant and unionist democratic football board( even just by our values surely) ;

Go easy lads if you will please

Squad depth has continued to be our issue imo, or more quality squad depth, think I read that our games played up until the break was ridiculous compared to most, and our ability to rotate with similar quality to the starting 11 remains poor.

A good start has been made starting to address this by the players leaving. RW & SG need to strengthen with quality and not guys like Barker etc.

As well as quality we need diversity, I agree that a no nonsense midfielder maybe a good purchase because at times we might need that. Who the players are I have no idea but I have all the faith in the management to bring them in and stop that rabble going for 9.75 in a row.

Under the mantra of 2 quality players per position, I'd be looking at:

McGregor/Firth (McCrorie for an SPL Loan)

Tav/Patterson
Goldson/Katic
Helander/Edmondson
Barisic/***NEW*** (take Douglas if cheap fee/wages)

*** NewKamera***/Jack
***New star midfielder*** (must be someone down Croatia way) /Davis

Murphy / Stewart
Hagi/Aribo
Kent/***New*** (unless Kennedy or mcpake are judged to be ready)

***NewMorelos*** (maric or other quality from down Croatia way) /***new*** (not gonna lie, would takes dykes as an option) /defoe

This of course is under the assumption we sell Kamera for ~10m and Morelos for ~25m. If not they'd keep their first XI spots. And I'd let Barker, Polster, and probably even Jones. It also assumes that lockdown will have proved a good leveler for Murphy (who scored 7 in 10 outings since January, good regardless of the low level) and might just be back if allowed to get some gamee time. Now or never but trust the coaches to make the call.

Total guesswork tbh. I think Hagi and 1 more quality creative player would be great, even at centre mid.

Back