Favourite rangers song?

Another favourite of mine which doesn’t get sung enough is:

In Barcelona, in 1972

Colin Stein scored one,

Willie Johnston two,

Ohhhhh Ohhhhh

(to the tune of Rivers of Babylon by Boney M)

Our greatest achievement in our club’s history so it deserves recognition.

Great tune but prefer the Regan Lyndsey version.

Incidentally I'd never heard of 'Dolly's Brae' since I first heard this tune so looked it up and turns out it's a belter too - it's basically about an Orange march in 1849 which a load of nationalists tried to stop and subsequently attack, but went through in the end anyway. Some things never change...

Prefer Regan's version myself

Cha cha cha, cha cha cha....

Seriously, its actually probably the one that I first hear aired this year, Follow Follow Glasgow Rangers.

I love this wee number. Not popular in the stands, but have heard it a good bit on the buses and bars, play up the Glasgow Rangers

“The animals sang the soldiers song, and the people sang dolly’s brae!”

it does get sung in the stands but some what down the pecking order

Great tune but prefer the Regan Lyndsey version.

Incidentally I'd never heard of 'Dolly's Brae' since I first heard this tune so looked it up and turns out it's a belter too - it's basically about an Orange march in 1849 which a load of nationalists tried to stop and subsequently attack, but went through in the end anyway. Some things never change...

for the tune they played " the protestant boys " ;)

I love this wee number. Not popular in the stands, but have heard it a good bit on the buses and bars, play up the Glasgow Rangers

“The animals sang the soldiers song, and the people sang dolly’s brae!”

My favourite as well mate, BIg Scotty could belt a tune out.... God rest the big man sadly missed, mainy a great night/afternoon sessions with him

Follow Follow followed by for there's not a team... Sung from start to finish is tremendous. I regularly sing to my daughters when they ask for a Rangers song.

May the streets be broad and narrow

Back