Harry's heroes - ITV

The wife actually downloaded this series last night, I didn't know anything about it. We watched the first one, and my theory on David Seaman refusing to play against the nudist boys is that he's a repressed gay. I've always thought it and I'm taking that as evidence.

It was surprising his reaction. Especially with him being a fisherman.

You would think he would be comfortable dealing with tackle.

Met Razor outside a nightclub in Liverpool early 90's...big man was absolutely brand new, spoke for 10/15 mins genuinely at the end of the night, outside. Asked where we were from, what we were over for and was 100%.
Ince, Mcmanaman and Babb were absolute tools tho.
Always has Hendrie as a prick, dunno why, but came across ok.
Merson seems a genuine guy who's trying hard to fight off the demons.
Seamen laughing at fcukin everything annoys my happiness

That’s utter nonsense mate.
Not just my opinion obviously the England managers too and the youth and under 22 managers who picked him ahead of Bruce too remember these caps all came prior to his weight gain and injuries ( both probably linked) although Bruce was certainly not an athlete either he was a good defender but in all honesty he was carried by Pallister who was a Rolls Royce of a defender

Watched all three episodes yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it. Great camaraderie and team spirit amongst them. They played at a time when drinking on days off and gambling schools were all part of the game so no surprise one or two of them now have addiction issues. Would have loved some of them (probably any of them) to have played for us back in the day.

Just watched the 3 episodes and really enjoyed this years.

They done a great job of keeping it light and entertaining but then being able to switch the tone to go into the addictions and mental health issues these guys have.

I thought Paul Merson was brilliant with Razor in that wee Cafe.. that's everything you want from a proper mate.

Harry's a character :)) full on one liners and plenty of patter.

Footballing wise Merson is still quality, guys a class act.

Just watched the 3 episodes and really enjoyed this years.

They done a great job of keeping it light and entertaining but then being able to switch the tone to go into the addictions and mental health issues these guys have.

I thought Paul Merson was brilliant with Razor in that wee Cafe.. that's everything you want from a proper mate.

Harry's a character :)) full on one liners and plenty of patter.

Footballing wise Merson is still quality, guys a class act.
Bro get onto you tube, look for a channel by Tubes who is from Soccer AM, he plays 4 holes of golf with ex players and chats to them about their career, Merson's show was great, an insight into his addictions, well worth watching.

Bro get onto you tube, look for a channel by Tubes who is from Soccer AM, he plays 4 holes of golf with ex players and chats to them about their career, Merson's show was great, an insight into his addictions, well worth watching.

They are all good imo. Tubes seems like a great guy who has his own battle with the bevy.

The missus did a double take when she heard that!! I had to re-assure her "It was Digger he called him, Digger, not what you think":eek:. Though I'm pretty sure the tims didn't call him Digger (or Ian Wright for that matter)

In a similar vein, nickname-wise, did no-one notice when Vinnie was being introduced he shook Seaman’s hand and said ‘all right Spunky’? :D

Really enjoyed it. Some of the one liners from Redknapp and Merson were quality.

Not just my opinion obviously the England managers too and the youth and under 22 managers who picked him ahead of Bruce too remember these caps all came prior to his weight gain and injuries ( both probably linked) although Bruce was certainly not an athlete either he was a good defender but in all honesty he was carried by Pallister who was a Rolls Royce of a defender
Again that’s nonsense, Bruce was the most sought after CH in the league when he was at Norwich, and are you seriously saying Alex Ferguson wouldn’t have strengthened his Central defence if he thought Bruce was sub standard?

Again that’s nonsense, Bruce was the most sought after CH in the league when he was at Norwich, and are you seriously saying Alex Ferguson wouldn’t have strengthened his Central defence if he thought Bruce was sub standard?
I ain’t going to win this debate am I Steve

Back