Do "Waiting List" punters have a chance of a ST?

Gascoigne

Official Ticketer
Going by feedback on here and Social Media, it seems most if not all Bears are looking to renew their ST, despite the uncertainty of when fans will be allowed into matches again.

With that in mind, do people think the MyGers members who will join the "list" after June 30th will have a chance of obtaining a ticket?

On that, there are 3 tiers obviously within MyGers, will there be dibs on tickets from this waiting list for Gold, then Silver, then Bronze tier members?

It seems there will be a huge demand and people evidently want to give the club their money despite not even knowing when we'll get to step foot inside Ibrox again.

I can’t imagine any non season ticket holders having silver or gold status, but the SLO said those that buy the most single tickets and RTV etc and have gathered points will get first refusal of a season ticket

Going by feedback on here and Social Media, it seems most if not all Bears are looking to renew their ST, despite the uncertainty of when fans will be allowed into matches again.

With that in mind, do people think the MyGers members who will join the "list" after June 30th will have a chance of obtaining a ticket?

On that, there are 3 tiers obviously within MyGers, will there be dibs on tickets from this waiting list for Gold, then Silver, then Bronze tier members?

It seems there will be a huge demand and people evidently want to give the club their money despite not even knowing when we'll get to step foot inside Ibrox again.

First i have heard about my gers members getting first dibs on season tickets if they are on the waiting list.

Cuellar Jnr & I have been on the list for over a year and you are telling me that people that come in and pay a subscription can jump the queue. If that is true its an absolute disgrace and getting more like Liverpool by the day.

First i have heard about my gers members getting first dibs on season tickets if they are on the waiting list.

Cuellar Jnr & I have been on the list for over a year and you are telling me that people that come in and pay a subscription can jump the queue. If that is true its an absolute disgrace and getting more like Liverpool by the day.

I believe the waiting list is now totally scrapped and in order to be on the new list, starting this season, you need to be a myGers member.

From what I understand (and I’ve also seen numerous posts in here stating the same) there never was a waiting list as most people would understand it. There was a list of those who had registered an interest in purchasing a season ticket. No one moved up the list and there was no specific order. In practice each season following the renewal period and at the commencement of the public sale an email was sent to all those on the list and it was first come served. No cognisance was taken of how long each individual was on the list.

With the launch of mygers the previous list has been scrapped and in order to be on the new list you have to join mygers. This new list will give first preference to those with most points which are accrued through things like purchase of individual match tickets, subscription to RTV etc.

The whole “14k waiting list“ was a myth anyway, it was a mixture of people enquiring for a season ticket and people wanting a seat transfer. And when there never was a waiting list sale on ticket it went to general sale. at least my gers will get the supporters who buy tickets regularly a chance before anyone else

Can't wait for the public sale to see how quickly they disappear, good luck to those who manage to secure, sorry for the ones who miss out.

I have renewed, however I have seen loads of people say they won't if fans aren't allowed in till January. One of the guys from H&H podcast said he won't be renewing last night.
Regardless of whether we get in or not, the club need the money. Surely that's apparent?

Pretty much, I’ve been on it for two years, signed up to MyGers but as I don’t get my tickets directly from the club il likely be a third tier member and sent to the back of the que.

I dont think the waiting list was a list as such and more an expression of interest, I know people who went into the ticket office last season with cash and got season tickets there and then.

Definitely.

I have been on the waiting list for a few years and I've always been able to potentially buy one.

(My reason for not doing so is that I'm not yet in the financial position to buy a ST for a few games a season!)

I dont think the waiting list was a list as such and more an expression of interest, I know people who went into the ticket office last season with cash and got season tickets there and then.
there is people waiting on seat transfers that have been told they could not get moved and put back back the list for transfer. Me being one of them for the last three seasons and seat transfers are meant to happen before new season tickets are issued

Depending on uptake, and joining mygers also you need to earn points not fully up and running yet but as a non season ticket member you get points for paying for match tickets, RTV, merch so the more points you have better chance of getting one.

The ‘waiting list’ you are on was not a ‘waiting list’ mate. It was, effectively, a mailing list. All you got was an email telling you when the public sale would be. Nobody moved up the list. The fact you have been on it a year matters not a jot and nor did it for anyone who had been on it longer. It was meaningless and has now been scrapped.

There will be a new, ‘proper’ waiting list. To go on it you need MyGers Membership and those with most points - gained by previous and future purchases, including tickets, direct from the Club - will move up the list quicker. Effectively the more money you put into the Club the quicker you move up the list. The logic, and fairness, is obvious. It’s a scheme similar to that used by most of the bigger clubs in England and beyond.

All that said, I think there will be an inevitable drop-off in season ticket sales this year due to financial circumstances and the inevitability that the season will start behind closed doors. It may yet go to a public sale.

If you choose, you can read up on MyGers in this link:

If you’re looking for a single seat, aren’t too bothered by the cost of where you sit then you’ll get one no bother.

If you’re looking for 2/3 together and aren’t bothered about where you sit then there’s a chance you’ll get one. Most likely up the back of the club deck in one of the corners.

If you’re looking for 2/3 together in premium areas (Copland Front) then no chance. You’ll be lucky to get 1 for the Copland Front.

I think if after signing up for mygers and do what you can to “get up the list” then single season books should be fine to buy. I was under the impression I was on the last list and will wait and see how next season develops before deciding on whether to sign up the mygers as I’m not completely comfortable with it being in place

Probably with the way the ticket office are handling renewals

Correct. F*ck knows what's going on there. Plenty on the instalment plan will probably miss their first payment now. Suggested on the other thread that admin make it a sticky, it's the only way I'd have known to check my emails.

I want to get my boy one. But he has no MyGers points as the RTV etc is in my name. They really should look at some way for parent and child to link accounts initially imo.

I think most will get an opportunity via their mygers memberships. It’s the main reason I think we’ll do 40k-45k season tickets this season regardless of matches BCD etc.

There’s still an appetite I believe from those that haven’t managed to get a ST previously to pick up the slack 2020/21. 21/22 might be harder to get those numbers as a recession is inevitable.

Correct. F*ck knows what's going on there. Plenty on the instalment plan will probably miss their first payment now. Suggested on the other thread that admin make it a sticky, it's the only way I'd have known to check my emails.
I got an email about instalments yesterday. Was half cut thinking they needed new details, took the first payment when i entered my details :))

Thanks for the replies folks, my brother and I ideally would like to get tickets next to eachother but I know that might be difficult, that said I wouldn’t mind if it was in the Club Deck etc. See what happens I suppose!

Nobody that doesn’t already have a ST will be gold or silver Imo, they will be doing thAt differently I think

I want to get my boy one. But he has no MyGers points as the RTV etc is in my name. They really should look at some way for parent and child to link accounts initially imo.

I would link them for RTV because no one is gonna have more than one account per household. I wouldn’t link it for much else especially tickets. Would lead to a situation where a guy at the top could link their new born child up and if they go week in week out by the time that child is 4/5 and the adult wants to take them if they can just the adults points they would jump to the top of the list next to them without ever going to a game

A few on here saying they know folk who are not willing to renew if they aren't seeing any football for 6 months or so and that would make you think there will be a few available especially with the financial crisis coming. I doubt though the ones who are saying no football no renew but can afford it will still feel like that when they are losing their seat with the prospect of not getting it back for a very long time.

Think there will be plenty not renewing due to financial considerations and those who don’t want to mix with people anymore due to the current mass hysteria. FF and social media are not good indicators of reality.

The economic climate will effect a lot of season ticket holders, unfortunately some won't be able to afford to renew.

Thanks for the replies folks, my brother and I ideally would like to get tickets next to eachother but I know that might be difficult, that said I wouldn’t mind if it was in the Club Deck etc. See what happens I suppose!

Good Luck mate. The Club Deck gets a bad 'rep' on here but, generally, has a great view, though not quite so good if you are deep in the corners. The only issue I ever found with it was the leg room is a bit shorter than elsewhere in the Stadium.

This season with all its uncertainty might be people’s best chance for a while.
buy a ticket with no assurance of games just to keep your seat won’t convince all current season ticket holder to renew.

Good Luck mate. The Club Deck gets a bad 'rep' on here but, generally, has a great view, though not quite so good if you are deep in the corners. The only issue I ever found with it was the leg room is a bit shorter than elsewhere in the Stadium.

Thanks mate, I actually had a ST up there in the 2015/16 and 2017/18 but didn’t renew because of a change in work shifts etc, really enjoyed the view, I’m hoping those purchases will help out with my points etc.

Thanks mate, I actually had a ST up there in the 2015/16 and 2017/18 but didn’t renew because of a change in work shifts etc, really enjoyed the view, I’m hoping those purchases will help out with my points etc.

Last 5 seasons count as I understand it so they should help a little.

Questions for clarification:
1)
If you just renew your season ticket and don't join MyGers, you're not eligible to apply for semi/final tickets?

2)
Supporters clubs must join MyGers and pay a fee for each member, to be eligible for access to domestic away tickets?

3)
As per point 2, supporters clubs will only be able to access semi/final by registering all members with MyGers?

4)
You have to be a MyGers member to obtain a ticket for a European away match?

5) MyGers is now EVERYTHING when it comes to following Rangers?

I would link them for RTV because no one is gonna have more than one account per household. I wouldn’t link it for much else especially tickets. Would lead to a situation where a guy at the top could link their new born child up and if they go week in week out by the time that child is 4/5 and the adult wants to take them if they can just the adults points they would jump to the top of the list next to them without ever going to a game

Absolutely. Think this is fair. I'd consider linking the merchandise as well if that counts when released. It's a bit of an unnecessary hassle to buy my own merchandise on my own MyGers then buy his on his.

I have renewed, however I have seen loads of people say they won't if fans aren't allowed in till January. One of the guys from H&H podcast said he won't be renewing last night.
Regardless of whether we get in or not, the club need the money. Surely that's apparent?

Chris likes to shout about a lot of stuff and when it comes down to it, I'm no so sure he'd given it up that easily. He seems very reactionary.

Slightly off topic, but how does friends and family work in terms of payment, if we are paying separately? If I set up online do I do his aswell with his payment details? Sorry if that’s a thick question

I think most will get an opportunity via their mygers memberships. It’s the main reason I think we’ll do 40k-45k season tickets this season regardless of matches BCD etc.

There’s still an appetite I believe from those that haven’t managed to get a ST previously to pick up the slack 2020/21. 21/22 might be harder to get those numbers as a recession is inevitable.

I agree regards ST uptake. I reckon it'll be on a par with last year despite no games until whenever.

Where the club will struggle though is on the remaining 5k tickets that usually go on public sale. Surely no one if picking them up on a bi weekly basis in the current circumstances...

...unless they're wanting to increase MyGers points

My boy is 6. I can't increase his MyGers MyGers points total taking him to games as I can't get him a ticket beside my ST.

If the ticketing operation was run properly, it'd be far easier for the club to pair people together. There's loads of people who sit at the games on their own who could move a seat or to to put pairs together but it can't be done just now.

The gauling thing for me is I had two for decades and when my Dad stopped going a few years bac through I'll health, I kept it on for a while with mates using it. Come the boycott year though, I I them both up to help the club. When I went to renew after the regime change, I could only get a single seat kn the same area as folk had pounced to buy them during the boycott as they're the best seats in Ibrox.

It's not an easy thing to figure out but it's stopping new kids beginning to go to the games as the ST uptake is at capacity

My boy is 6. I can't increase his MyGers MyGers points total taking him to games as I can't get him a ticket beside my ST.

If the ticketing operation was run properly, it'd be far easier for the club to pair people together. There's loads of people who sit at the games on their own who could move a seat or to to put pairs together but it can't be done just now.

The gauling thing for me is I had two for decades and when my Dad stopped going a few years bac through I'll health, I kept it on for a while with mates using it. Come the boycott year though, I I them both up to help the club. When I went to renew after the regime change, I could only get a single seat kn the same area as folk had pounced to buy them during the boycott as they're the best seats in Ibrox.

It's not an easy thing to figure out but it's stopping new kids beginning to go to the games as the ST uptake is at capacity

I agree mate. We need to find a way to allow young kids that opportunity to go and sit next to guys who have been going for years. I'm 20 years a ST holder but can't get my boy to the games as he can't get near me.

Chris likes to shout about a lot of stuff and when it comes down to it, I'm no so sure he'd given it up that easily. He seems very reactionary.
I don't really understand that reaction to this situation tbh. The club depends on season ticket money, that's a fact. If we decide not to buy them because of something out of the clubs hands we might not have a team to watch the following season, and that's another fact.
Not ideal but it's a unique situation.

You'll get a far better view of the game from the Club Deck than in the Broomloan or Copland imo.

Your view is seriously restricted for one end of the ground if you're sitting behind a goal.

I secured my 1st ST a year ago for CD5 and really enjoy the view and spotting the like of aberdoom dropping into their 1-5-5 shape. :)
Before I got the ST I had tickets in various parts of the ground and would be reluctant to move now. Helps that the guys around me are decent.
I renewed on the day the email came through and if BCD for the rest of the year then so be it.

According to the Heart and Hand daily update the other day renewals are just over the half way point. I've just renewed this morning.
50% take up is pretty good I'd say given the circumstances (big list of circumstances) not least of which is the two month renewal window.

Back