Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

@BN94 that is one brutal read
Since being involved in this I can honestly say that the corruption runs deep. Let’s be honest, it has done for a lot of years.
On the issue that we are involved in then what I’ve learnt is there are individuals within the Scottish devolved government that will actually defend Celtic Football Club on this issue. Even use deflection tactics when his own son was a member of CBC.

Since being involved in this I can honestly say that the corruption runs deep. Let’s be honest, it has done for a lot of years.
On the issue that we are involved in then what I’ve learnt is there are individuals within the Scottish devolved government that will actually defend Celtic Football Club on this issue. Even use deflection tactics when his own son was a member of CBC.

The 4m they got for staging only the Commonwealth Games opening ceremony pales into insignificance here.

This was found by a member behind the scenes recently.

Makes an interesting read.

Frank McAveety is Labour's former Sports Minister who championed the case for Sportscotland's HQ to be relocated from Edinburgh to the Parkhead site of a new National Arena, despite 90% of Sportscotland's employees expressing their desire to stay in Edinburgh,

Ron Culley is a former Labour Party candidate for Strathkelvin and Bearsden. He is also the former Chief Executive of Scottish Enterprise and former colleague of Stephen Purcell of GCC, who is on the board of Scottish Enterprise,

Jack McConnell is a personal friend Former Chairman of Scottish Enterprise is Willie Haughey. Haughey is Scotland’s biggest single donor to Labour Party funds. He received £16 million of tax-payers money, approved by Jack McConnell, to relocate his business to facilitate the M74 extension......to Parkhead.

Culley is a season ticket holder at Celtic Park as are Haughey, Purcell and McAveety. McConnell is a regular guest. Culley visited Beijing to study transport systems to "help Glasgow’s bid to host the 2014 Commonwealth Games". Culley, Haughey and McAveety were at the forefront of the campaign for the M74 extension which improved Road links to Parkhead. 3 days after McConnell and McAveety announced the relocation of Sport Scotland to land adjacent to Celtic Park,

Culley as Chief Executive of Strathclyde Passenger Transport) quietly issued a low-key statement declaring the intention to build a new £20 million train link to Parkhead jointly funded by SPT, GCC and The Scottish Executive. More recently Culley announced plans for a Glasgow Underground extension to Parkhead.

Key historic buildings at Parkhead Cross are to be refurbished as part of a drive to breathe new life into the east end of the city. The Heritage Lottery Fund has given £1.4 million – one of the largest single donations it has ever awarded – to specifically restore the 100 year old Edwardian style buildings that frame the Cross. Three former bank buildings will be renovated to bring empty floor space back into viable use and improve the overall streetscape.

The Parkhead Townscape Heritage Initiative is a £4 million five year plan, with the aim of repairing and bringing back to use landmark buildings, vacant shop units and enhancement to the public realm . The partners in the initiative include Glasgow City Council, East End Partnership, East End SIP, Communities Scotland Celtic Football Club and Scottish Enterprise Glasgow. £50 first prize to the first caller to name me a link between Glasgow City Council, Celtic Football Club and Scottish Enterprise Glasgow.

In the mid 90s after Celtic FC had submitted plans for the re-building of their stadium. Glasgow District Council sold the club significant tracts of land namely Kinloch Street, Janefield Street and Dalriada Street for the princely sum of 1p. The Planning Committee consisted thirteen members, eleven Labour, one SNP, and one Tory. The SNP member was so disgusted with the dealings of his own committee that he informed the Herald that "of them eleven Labour councillors on the committee, they are all either season ticket holders or share holders at Celtic Park. Eight of them are both". He further noted that,"if these eleven councillors were shareholders in ICI and they voted for lax planning consent on a petro-chemical plant , there would be a criminal investigation". (This scandal was also reported in Private Eye's "Rotten Borough's" column).

Okay, we have established Glasgow District Council sold three streets( Dalriada Street ,Janefield Street ,and Kinloch Street ) to their beloved

Sellik for a penny. Next, the combined efforts of the Board of Scottish Enterprise(Glasgow) ie Paul Cooney, Wullie HeeHaw, Charlie Gordon, Stephen Purcell, ....etc and the then First Minister and Sellik season ticket and share holder, Jack McConnell ensured the Commonwealth Games would be centred on Sellik Park . It was first announced by McConnell to Snyde's Paul Cooney on the evening of the home leg of the UEFA Cup tie against Liverpool. Subsequently, it came out that the Velodrome would be constructed across the London Road and the various Administrative blocks would house Sports Scotland (currently located in Edinburgh).

Those Admin' blocks have to be filled and the next vetted and fully on message tenants’ are Culture and Sport Glasgow. The Chief Executive of this public funded body is Bridget McConnell, wife of Jack. Of course, Bridget only received her in excess of £100,000 per annum designation because of a piece of horse trading by philanderer, Jack. He could not keep it zipped, got caught, ended up on the front page of the Record, and Bridget only agreed to respectability if Jack ensured she was over promoted several grades. In football parlance, Bridget was a youth team stalwart who immediately assumed Captaincy of the first team.

Really, it all makes sense to centralise all the decision making process. All those MPs, MSPs, MEPs, Councillors, and Chief Executive of Public Funded bodies can watch their hooped heroes then walk across London Road to decide what’s best for the peoples of Glasgow, Truly, the establishment Club.

I wonder if Bridget's and Jack's brother-in-law, Robert McLuckie will be first on the guest list. Perhaps I should try and explain myself further for those questioning why certain contributors raise the possibility that this proposed "Eat End Redevelopment" and "Celtic Triangle" may be of considerable benefit to Celtic FC - and indeed, that this is a primary factor in the plans we've seen released this week. Until very recently, Glasgow had not had a non-RC Lord Provost since the early 70s. A completely disproportionate number of staff at Glasgow City Council – including those at top end of the salary scale such as Bridget McConnell – are RCs. Nearly all Labour councillors are RCs and few councillors are members of any other party. Roman Catholic ex-Lord Provost Dr. Michael Kelly questioned the reasons behind this phenomenon a few years ago live on radio, the inference being the situation had arisen out of bigotry. Credit to him for being so open and honest.

A recent Lord Provost, Alex Mosson, was an IRA sympathizer who was responsible for inviting Gerry Adams to Govan Town Hall , while the Provisional’s terror campaign was in full swing. Mosson had a novel interpretation of wealth redistribution; he had several criminal convictions for burglary, two of which lead to custodial sentences, including one case which involved tying up an OAP.

Mosson's wife was certainly not prepared to let taxpayers' money go to waste during her husband's stint as Provost, insisting on an increase in her dress allowance from £8,000 to £14,000 p.a. When questioned, she justified this by famously claiming "the people of Glasgow wouldn't want to see me wearing the same outfit twice".Mr. Mosson was the inaugural Chairman of The Celtic Trust and perhaps unsurprisingly, made sure that the official limousine was at hand for his regular trips to Celtic Park, a policy that was also questioned by political opponents. Strangely, he never took the opportunity of visiting Ibrox.

Again this was swept under the carpet ,and was never brought to light at the council meetings, this was squashed when it was raised.

Perhaps it is not surprising, therefore, that some query the motives behind those at the forefront of the Commonwealth Games bid – such as Jack McConnell, Ron Culley, Steven Purcell and Frank McAveety – who are all regulars at Celtic Park .There are huge question marks over the £288m budget (80% to be paid by the Executive), given that the cost of the `indoor arena' alone has recently escalated from an original £24m to £70m. McConnell's handing of the M74 extension affair, in which he met City Refrigeration Holding boss (and ex-Celtic director) Willie Haughey before an initial £7.4m compensation award was increased to £16.5m – with Haughey subsequently donating £330,000 to the Labour Party – hardly dampens suspicion.

In contrast to the largesse being bestowed on the East End of Glasgow, SPT instructed Rangers that the club would have to fork out £500k if the old Ibrox station on the Central-Paisley line was ever to be re-opened.

A lot is spoken about `sectarianism' in Scotland I contend that there is far, far more to this problem than songs sung at football matches and that it is time the Scottish people wakened up.

When is one of our elected representatives going to ask some searching questions regarding the various deals surrounding East End regeneration, the Commonwealth Games bid, the M74 extension and the proposed rail/subway extensions? They may also care to question why the bulk of the "regeneration" seems to centre around a one mile radius of Celtic Park.

This shows the level of commitment that some of our illustrious councillors have under the cloak of City Council Dealings.
Iam sure I have read this somewhere before or something like it and for the life of me I can't remember where, I have been racking my old brain trying to remember where.
Could been on one of the old boards but it seems familiar??

I think the victims would speak if they knew someone in power would listen to them, upto now Humza and Nippy and others don't want to know won't even acknowledge them and for that Shame on Them. We have a SNP member who has openly said he had an idea what was going on at celtic park and even though his own son was there at the time is quite willing to sit and say nothing. It's what they do Deflect and Deny or Ignore and it will go away well not this time people have been working years on this ain't gonna give up now
The victims will speak once the first lot of money is paid out and they will be watching what the fellow test case victims had to go through making it easier for the poor guys that follow

Ah, my old essay ;)

I was always intrigued by:

"Lawrence had the number ‘110’ written on the palms of his hands and carved into his shoulder (likely done with a key). This has never been explained."

That's way too random not to be significant. Was it a warning to others? Would other abuse victims understand the significance of '110' and this was to frighten them into silence? Was Haggart about to speak out about McCafferty given he was under investigation at the time?
110 apparently has some biblical significance particularly in RC circles and is a reference to Psalm 110. Lots of information on the web re this. Bizarrely a site RidingTheBeast.com gives some views re the numbers relationship to Christ's passion and the injuries suffered by him. I can't say one way or another if this could be linked but it's not beyond the bounds of possibility that the person(s) responsible for this murder had some warped biblical fantasy / tendency / perceived acceptance / justification for their actions. Certainly one avenue I believe the police should have investigated if they did not.

Ah, my old essay ;)

I was always intrigued by:

"Lawrence had the number ‘110’ written on the palms of his hands and carved into his shoulder (likely done with a key). This has never been explained."

That's way too random not to be significant. Was it a warning to others? Would other abuse victims understand the significance of '110' and this was to frighten them into silence? Was Haggart about to speak out about McCafferty given he was under investigation at the time?
Could it be in reference to Psalm 110 The LORD says to my Lord: "Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet." The LORD will extend your mighty scepter from Zion; you will rule in the midst of your enemies. Your troops will be willing on your day of battle.

Took me 2min to google so surly the police would have done the same.

Dornan has tweeted saying he is contacting Lawwell today re the bheasts
I so remember watching the movie Spotlight based on true story and how massive this is within their religion, how they did not penalise priest for their wrong doing but just moving them on to another chapel with excuses that they were on sick leave but the scale if this was unbelievable worth a watch.

I so remember watching the movie Spotlight based on true story and how massive this is within their religion, how they did not penalise priest for their wrong doing but just moving them on to another chapel with excuses that they were on sick leave but the scale if this was unbelievable worth a watch.
What has went on within CBC could be on a similar scale or worse. This has been known and covered up for many many years.

110 apparently has some biblical significance particularly in RC circles and is a reference to Psalm 110. Lots of information on the web re this. Bizarrely a site RidingTheBeast.com gives some views re the numbers relationship to Christ's passion and the injuries suffered by him. I can't say one way or another if this could be linked but it's not beyond the bounds of possibility that the person(s) responsible for this murder had some warped biblical fantasy / tendency / perceived acceptance / justification for their actions. Certainly one avenue I believe the police should have investigated if they did not.
There's lots of possible meanings. One I'd seen before that caught my attention was 'The number 110 guardian spirits say that the people around you may influence your life especially when it comes to your goals, dreams and aspirations'.

If another victim, or even somebody on the periphery - just one person would be all it would take - was to come forward and confirm a link between the number '110' and the depravity that went on at that disgusting club, it would have huge ramifications.

Read alot lately and just watched that interview James English done with Jon, I think this runs far deeper than any of us had initially imagined, more and more dark secrets coming to light and more and more revelations beginning to creep out but I can't get past the thinking that it will all go unpunished, they are being protected, its absolutely frightening how many paedophiles are in such high prominent positions not just in Scotland but all of the UK, all linked someway or another, police, politicians, rich and famous.... they all protect each other... sickens me to the core how underworld and murky they are.

Lawrence Haggart (15) was attacked in the living room of his home on the night of 16th March 1996. He was bludgeoned and tortured (including having his feet set on fire) and died from his injuries on 17th March. There were no signs of forced entry at the property.

Lawrence came through Celtic Boys Club and was signed by Tommy Burns as a Celtic F.C. Youth player. He was expected to sign senior terms the following December.

The Lead Up To The Murder

Lawrence was coached by McCafferty (convicted paedophile) at Celtic Boys Club.

McCafferty was a regular visitor to the Haggart home and occasionally took Lawrence to football matches.

Around the time of the murder, McCafferty was subject of an investigation into allegations of indecency and growing rumours about his abuse of Celtic Boys Club players.

McCafferty phoned Lawrence’s house on the day of the murder.

The Investigation

Brian Beattie - a known local paedophile - was interviewed by police the day after the attack but ruled out as a suspect.

McCafferty was named as a suspect but was not pursued.

The home of Lawrence Haggart was searched by police 9 times between 17 March and 22 March and no murder weapon was found. On 22 March a detective searching the home ‘discovered’ a hammer in the kitchen (we are to believe that detectives failed to spot this during the 9 previous crime scene searches). This discovery supported a narrative being pushed by investigating officers that Lawrence’s younger brother Dennis had bludgeoned him and set him on fire through jealousy.

Some investigating officers were intent on framing Lawrence’s younger brother.

Lawrence had the number ‘110’ written on the palms of his hands and carved into his shoulder (likely done with a key). This has never been explained.

A few weeks after the murder, McCafferty left Celtic.

The carpet and couch from the living room where the attack happened was disposed of soon after the murder, with the agreement of the police. They had not been subjected to any detailed forensic examination.

6 months after Lawrence’s murder, his dad Larry was furious at the lack of progress by police and vowed to ‘act alone’ to find out what happened.

On the first anniversary of Lawrence’s death, Detective Superintendent Joe Holden, who had recently taken charge of the case, said: "It is perfectly possible Lawrence knew his attacker, since there was no forced entry."

19 months after the murder, police identified Brian Beattie as prime suspect. He was on remand for another, unconnected, offence at the time.

The case against Beattie depended on police evidence of Beattie confessing to the murder, however no confession was ever recorded and Beattie never signed confessions that had been written up by officers.

At Beattie’s trial, defence lawyer Mr Edgar Prais QC said "Yes, ladies and gentlemen, the defence calls the police liars."

The defence alleged that Beattie was beaten while in custody.

The defence said it was strange that when Beattie supposedly confessed, no tape recording was made.

The defence discussed forensic tests that were carried out in Scotland and by the FBI in Washington - in all tests, Beattie was eliminated from any connection with the murder scene.

Beattie was convicted of Lawrence’s murder in May 1998.

Following the conviction of Beattie, Assistant Chief Constable James Mackay was ordered to investigate the CID's conduct during the investigation.

For seven years, Mackay’s report was kept hidden – not even Lawrence Haggart’s family were allowed to see it. Lawrence's father Larry said: "We will not be told the outcome, which is shocking. "It's all cloak and dagger stuff. They don't want us to know what went on."

However, seven years after the report was hidden, FOI came into existence. Author Russell Findlay submitted a FOI request with the blessing of Lawrence’s dad Larry. The report revealed that officers who has searched the house 9 times prior to 22 March were adamant there had been no hammer at the scene.

The report lists a catalogue of errors made by investigating officers, including: faking entries in an official diary of the murder inquiry; contaminating the crime scene; destroying evidence; losing a possible murder weapon.

The report concluded that the conduct of some officers was “allegedly criminal”.

The report criticised the inquiry head DS Jim Winning for not pursuing McCafferty as a suspect.

Not a single newspaper or broadcaster followed up the damning contents of the Mackay report.

Chief Insp Winning (in his late 40s), who led the initial investigation, was advised by both his GP and the force's own medical officer that he should retire immediately on health grounds. In doing so, Winning was exempt from prosecution for wrongdoing.

Two detective sergeants who worked on the original investigation were returned to uniformed duties.

In January 1999, Beattie launched an appeal against his conviction. Beattie alleged the judge allowed certain evidence that was inadmissible. He also claims Lord Dawson misdirected the jury in his summing-up at the end of the four-week trial. Beattie's solicitor said the grounds for appeal included "information that was brought to our attention after the trial".

Beattie’s appeal was rejected. Following the appeal, the Lord Justice General, Lord Cullen, who heard the appeal with Lord Hamilton and Lady Cosgrove, said they had reservations over Lord Dawson's treatment of the police evidence during Beattie’s trial. However, no action was taken.

Over 20 years later, Beattie still claims he is innocent of Lawrence’s murder.

I’ve read a bit about Beattie’s background and there is no question he is a depraved beast of the worst kind. He had previous for breaking into the homes of teenage boys and assaulting them. But something is rank rotten with the whole Lawrence Haggart case.

Given what is now known about McCafferty, there is clear cause for investigating what his involvement was, who else was involved, and which positions of power are implicated.'
And who was Inspector Winnings relative --none other than head of the bheasts in Scotland at the time a certain Archbishop Thomsa Winning---this goes further than the bheasts

Read alot lately and just watched that interview James English done with Jon, I think this runs far deeper than any of us had initially imagined, more and more dark secrets coming to light and more and more revelations beginning to creep out but I can't get past the thinking that it will all go unpunished, they are being protected, its absolutely frightening how many paedophiles are in such high prominent positions not just in Scotland but all of the UK, all linked someway or another, police, politicians, rich and famous.... they all protect each other... sickens me to the core how underworld and murky they are.
Watched this as well. Fascinating, compelling and truly shocking. Maybe this has been mentioned before but there is further stuff on "spidercatweb". Google and look under "footiepaedo" within site. I know the web can be a magnet for every moon howler out there, but sometimes there's no smoke without fire.

Hugh Birt originally created the list. He was top guy in CBC.

Gerry McSherry a big Celtic fan then ran with it to support Mr Birt.

Both of these guys deserve massive respect.

It’s not easy breaking their cult defence system. In fact Mr Birt was pushed out of the door because of it.
They must be living in constant fear as the scum support are no strangers to violence.

This short and disturbing video clip of Thomas Reilly, an RC District Attorney for Boston, Mass, in the USA, who appeared at the Oxford Union to explain how devious the RC church is to escape justice where the abuse of minors is concerned. They infiltrated the DA Office in Boston to ensure only RC judges ruled on cases involving deviant priests, who they predictably refused to send to prison. The same tactics will be used here in Scotland involving that horrific club.

This was found by a member behind the scenes recently.

Makes an interesting read.

Frank McAveety is Labour's former Sports Minister who championed the case for Sportscotland's HQ to be relocated from Edinburgh to the Parkhead site of a new National Arena, despite 90% of Sportscotland's employees expressing their desire to stay in Edinburgh,

Ron Culley is a former Labour Party candidate for Strathkelvin and Bearsden. He is also the former Chief Executive of Scottish Enterprise and former colleague of Stephen Purcell of GCC, who is on the board of Scottish Enterprise,

Jack McConnell is a personal friend Former Chairman of Scottish Enterprise is Willie Haughey. Haughey is Scotland’s biggest single donor to Labour Party funds. He received £16 million of tax-payers money, approved by Jack McConnell, to relocate his business to facilitate the M74 extension......to Parkhead.

Culley is a season ticket holder at Celtic Park as are Haughey, Purcell and McAveety. McConnell is a regular guest. Culley visited Beijing to study transport systems to "help Glasgow’s bid to host the 2014 Commonwealth Games". Culley, Haughey and McAveety were at the forefront of the campaign for the M74 extension which improved Road links to Parkhead. 3 days after McConnell and McAveety announced the relocation of Sport Scotland to land adjacent to Celtic Park,

Culley as Chief Executive of Strathclyde Passenger Transport) quietly issued a low-key statement declaring the intention to build a new £20 million train link to Parkhead jointly funded by SPT, GCC and The Scottish Executive. More recently Culley announced plans for a Glasgow Underground extension to Parkhead.

Key historic buildings at Parkhead Cross are to be refurbished as part of a drive to breathe new life into the east end of the city. The Heritage Lottery Fund has given £1.4 million – one of the largest single donations it has ever awarded – to specifically restore the 100 year old Edwardian style buildings that frame the Cross. Three former bank buildings will be renovated to bring empty floor space back into viable use and improve the overall streetscape.

The Parkhead Townscape Heritage Initiative is a £4 million five year plan, with the aim of repairing and bringing back to use landmark buildings, vacant shop units and enhancement to the public realm . The partners in the initiative include Glasgow City Council, East End Partnership, East End SIP, Communities Scotland Celtic Football Club and Scottish Enterprise Glasgow. £50 first prize to the first caller to name me a link between Glasgow City Council, Celtic Football Club and Scottish Enterprise Glasgow.

In the mid 90s after Celtic FC had submitted plans for the re-building of their stadium. Glasgow District Council sold the club significant tracts of land namely Kinloch Street, Janefield Street and Dalriada Street for the princely sum of 1p. The Planning Committee consisted thirteen members, eleven Labour, one SNP, and one Tory. The SNP member was so disgusted with the dealings of his own committee that he informed the Herald that "of them eleven Labour councillors on the committee, they are all either season ticket holders or share holders at Celtic Park. Eight of them are both". He further noted that,"if these eleven councillors were shareholders in ICI and they voted for lax planning consent on a petro-chemical plant , there would be a criminal investigation". (This scandal was also reported in Private Eye's "Rotten Borough's" column).

Okay, we have established Glasgow District Council sold three streets( Dalriada Street ,Janefield Street ,and Kinloch Street ) to their beloved

Sellik for a penny. Next, the combined efforts of the Board of Scottish Enterprise(Glasgow) ie Paul Cooney, Wullie HeeHaw, Charlie Gordon, Stephen Purcell, ....etc and the then First Minister and Sellik season ticket and share holder, Jack McConnell ensured the Commonwealth Games would be centred on Sellik Park . It was first announced by McConnell to Snyde's Paul Cooney on the evening of the home leg of the UEFA Cup tie against Liverpool. Subsequently, it came out that the Velodrome would be constructed across the London Road and the various Administrative blocks would house Sports Scotland (currently located in Edinburgh).

Those Admin' blocks have to be filled and the next vetted and fully on message tenants’ are Culture and Sport Glasgow. The Chief Executive of this public funded body is Bridget McConnell, wife of Jack. Of course, Bridget only received her in excess of £100,000 per annum designation because of a piece of horse trading by philanderer, Jack. He could not keep it zipped, got caught, ended up on the front page of the Record, and Bridget only agreed to respectability if Jack ensured she was over promoted several grades. In football parlance, Bridget was a youth team stalwart who immediately assumed Captaincy of the first team.

Really, it all makes sense to centralise all the decision making process. All those MPs, MSPs, MEPs, Councillors, and Chief Executive of Public Funded bodies can watch their hooped heroes then walk across London Road to decide what’s best for the peoples of Glasgow, Truly, the establishment Club.

I wonder if Bridget's and Jack's brother-in-law, Robert McLuckie will be first on the guest list. Perhaps I should try and explain myself further for those questioning why certain contributors raise the possibility that this proposed "Eat End Redevelopment" and "Celtic Triangle" may be of considerable benefit to Celtic FC - and indeed, that this is a primary factor in the plans we've seen released this week. Until very recently, Glasgow had not had a non-RC Lord Provost since the early 70s. A completely disproportionate number of staff at Glasgow City Council – including those at top end of the salary scale such as Bridget McConnell – are RCs. Nearly all Labour councillors are RCs and few councillors are members of any other party. Roman Catholic ex-Lord Provost Dr. Michael Kelly questioned the reasons behind this phenomenon a few years ago live on radio, the inference being the situation had arisen out of bigotry. Credit to him for being so open and honest.

A recent Lord Provost, Alex Mosson, was an IRA sympathizer who was responsible for inviting Gerry Adams to Govan Town Hall , while the Provisional’s terror campaign was in full swing. Mosson had a novel interpretation of wealth redistribution; he had several criminal convictions for burglary, two of which lead to custodial sentences, including one case which involved tying up an OAP.

Mosson's wife was certainly not prepared to let taxpayers' money go to waste during her husband's stint as Provost, insisting on an increase in her dress allowance from £8,000 to £14,000 p.a. When questioned, she justified this by famously claiming "the people of Glasgow wouldn't want to see me wearing the same outfit twice".Mr. Mosson was the inaugural Chairman of The Celtic Trust and perhaps unsurprisingly, made sure that the official limousine was at hand for his regular trips to Celtic Park, a policy that was also questioned by political opponents. Strangely, he never took the opportunity of visiting Ibrox.

Again this was swept under the carpet ,and was never brought to light at the council meetings, this was squashed when it was raised.

Perhaps it is not surprising, therefore, that some query the motives behind those at the forefront of the Commonwealth Games bid – such as Jack McConnell, Ron Culley, Steven Purcell and Frank McAveety – who are all regulars at Celtic Park .There are huge question marks over the £288m budget (80% to be paid by the Executive), given that the cost of the `indoor arena' alone has recently escalated from an original £24m to £70m. McConnell's handing of the M74 extension affair, in which he met City Refrigeration Holding boss (and ex-Celtic director) Willie Haughey before an initial £7.4m compensation award was increased to £16.5m – with Haughey subsequently donating £330,000 to the Labour Party – hardly dampens suspicion.

In contrast to the largesse being bestowed on the East End of Glasgow, SPT instructed Rangers that the club would have to fork out £500k if the old Ibrox station on the Central-Paisley line was ever to be re-opened.

A lot is spoken about `sectarianism' in Scotland I contend that there is far, far more to this problem than songs sung at football matches and that it is time the Scottish people wakened up.

When is one of our elected representatives going to ask some searching questions regarding the various deals surrounding East End regeneration, the Commonwealth Games bid, the M74 extension and the proposed rail/subway extensions? They may also care to question why the bulk of the "regeneration" seems to centre around a one mile radius of Celtic Park.

This shows the level of commitment that some of our illustrious councillors have under the cloak of City Council Dealings.

Mysteriously though, sportscotland are still based at Templeton Business Centre.
Strange how they still haven't moved into the originally planned new offices.

Mr Birt died a few years ago GB, but Gerry's still alive.

I think his health isn't too great now, but i'm pretty sure when he found out about
these paedos he was up at their doors & throwing stones/bricks at their windows :))

Those two stood up for what is right and probably knew they would be hassled by their fans for reporting it. They chose morals and humanity over a football club, something a lot of their fans should consider displaying.

This short and disturbing video clip of Thomas Reilly, an RC District Attorney for Boston, Mass, in the USA, who appeared at the Oxford Union to explain how devious the RC church is to escape justice where the abuse of minors is concerned. They infiltrated the DA Office in Boston to ensure only RC judges ruled on cases involving deviant priests, who they predictably refused to send to prison. The same tactics will be used here in Scotland involving that horrific club.

I've seen this before,but my word ,what a powerful and passionate piece from Thomas Reilly. And that is from one of their own that can see what is happening

Simply change RC to CFC.

Even the tactics are identical.

Do you's know that under Scots law alleged crimes against children committed in another country can be prosecuted here, but not those against a adult.
Now that begs a Question who will be and will it stop a prosecution from somewhere else??
And before anyone asks I went digging on a few sites that were on FF before that I could remember because of BN94 post 22554 and some of the stuff one site could be on this thread earlier on or if not maybe some of it should be.

Do you's know that under Scots law alleged crimes against children committed in another country can be prosecuted here, but not those against a adult.
Now that begs a Question who will be and will it stop a prosecution from somewhere else??
And before anyone asks I went digging on a few sites that were on FF before that I could remember because of BN94 post 22554 and some of the stuff one site could be on this thread earlier on or if not maybe some of it should be.
Let’s hope that if the American lawsuit comes about then it penalises them American style and not Scottish style as they will more than likely receive a wrap on the knuckles knowing the judges in this shithole of a country.

Let’s hope that if the American lawsuit comes about then it penalises them American style and not Scottish style as they will more than likely receive a wrap on the knuckles knowing the judges in this shithole of a country.
That’s one of my biggest worries with all of this - that the punishment won’t fit the crime
You just have to look at some of the compensation claims to date in England
£19k for abuse and shitty sentences etc

This needs some serious American justice

That’s one of my biggest worries with all of this - that the punishment won’t fit the crime
You just have to look at some of the compensation claims to date in England
£19k for abuse and shitty sentences etc

This needs some serious American justice
Celtic will pay out on this no doubt.lawyers and civil cases will see to that.
They will though never feel an ounce of football punishment.
Ask 42 clubs if they should be punished and you will find very little support to do so when push comes to shove. Ask the SFA or SPFL and they will laugh in your face.

Celtic will pay out on this no doubt.lawyers and civil cases will see to that.
They will though never feel an ounce of football punishment.
Ask 42 clubs if they should be punished and you will find very little support to do so when push comes to shove. Ask the SFA or SPFL and they will laugh in your face.

They might change their stance,as they become entagled in the paedo web of deceit and cover up.....only a matter of time

I have listened to the Oxford Debate by four of the speakers, and would have listened to the conclusion of the debate, but unfortunately I could not find the rest of it. How did the house vote. The victims of abuse nearer to home could be doing with the services of Mitchell Gabaedian . Elisabeth Coppin, deserved her standing ovation, I was near to tears listening to her.

Sadly up to the present time the sentences handed out to the Paedophiles who have been found guilty of these crimes in Scotland have been an absolute joke compared to similar sentences handed out in England . While our present Government are in power I doubt very much suitable sentences will be handed out which I think is a disgrace but not surprising with this shower running the show in Holyrood .
The SNP name should be attached to the word peado In a similar way that is attached to the catholic church and CFC.

I don't know. There are posters on here who could clarify that so i will leave it to those who know far more than me.

aye it was just a general question for the thread

there was a mckluskey who played around the time i started watching football , pretty sure it was his brother

maybe older bears know the details, his tweet seems to be hinting at that

The Americans may have issues but their judicinal system is straight and true. I really think If the victims have any hope American involvement can spearhead or rattle our nation into taking these claims seriously.

aye it was just a general question for the thread

there was a mckluskey who played around the time i started watching football , pretty sure it was his brother

maybe older bears know the details, his tweet seems to be hinting at that

You’re correct mate.

George McCluskey made it into their first team, but it was his brother John who was abused.

John was actually a superb talent as a youngster. I saw him play for Scotland U16 and he was excellent.

Back