Rangers players can be one in a Row legends if they stop Celtic from winning tenth title, says Kris Boyd

Kris, what about the cowardly referees ? What about the corrupt referees ? What about the Celtic compliance officer ? And what about the Celtic unacceptable conduct officer ? Do you think we can overcome those hurdles as well ?

I would honestly take Shinnie,he’s a horrible we b*stard and we don’t have enough of them in team and not enough players who are up for battle against the spfl fodder.
We've got Docherty and Mcrorie who are up for a battle. Is Shinnie any better than them? Plus it would kill me to see him in our strip. It's a good point you make though and I hope we've learned something from certain away games the last two seasons.

Play with Celtc, you're a 19th Century Terrorist to me. Couldn't care less of Scott Allan, Scott Brown or Danny McGrain were brought up right. Step out in green and white to represent those mutants, you'll be a 19th Century Terrorist to me.
Dalglish as well.

Because Scotland are better in midfield than we are?

Mcginn, Mcgregor, Fleck, Armstrong, Christie, Mctominay.
It's just the way he put it that doesn't come across well. I would only say Mcginn is better than what we have anyway. Possibly Fleck.

Think we need to move away from this 10 in a row narrative.
Should be all about Rangers, for most of their run we've been in a place of not being able to do anything about it.
Hollow victories in a one horse race where the other horse was nobbled for most of the race !!

Shinnie wasn't good enough last summer, what's changed?

He certainly wouldn't get near our midfield he is simply not an option at left back.

We've got Docherty and Mcrorie who are up for a battle. Is Shinnie any better than them? Plus it would kill me to see him in our strip. It's a good point you make though and I hope we've learned something from certain away games the last two seasons.
Play any the 3 and kiss goodbye to any trophy

McLean isn’t a bad shout actually.

Still not sure he’s the star we need, but he’s good in the air, which is another bonus.

Jack and McLean does feel a bit Sheep 2014 type stuff.

That is a very fair point. I don't think we should compromise on quality (and I stand by my post above) BUT mentality will be huge this season.
I agree would like most of players to be of quality obviously and one or 2 like Shinnie or someone like Kevin Thomson etc.
Walter always had a few hard workers etc in his team.

You say that but docherty no where near dirty,cynical whatever you wana call it like Shinnie,is doc better player than Shinnie probably yes but we have proven time and time again sometimes in away games we get bullied.
Mccrorie does have potential and was like a man possessed against tims but again would argue still not a dirty hate losing type player imo although that could come in time.

What about the fact he’s pish
Listen I’m not saying Shinnie is quality player far from it all in saying is we need someone who putting it bluntly is a wee b*stard and will be in peoples faces and will be the players to take a yellow when opposition are looking dangerous etc.
We miss tht in our team against the hammer throwers,remember we won leagues with broadfoat and dailly in our team.

Because Scotland are better in midfield than we are?

Mcginn, Mcgregor, Fleck, Armstrong, Christie, Mctominay.
Disagree that these are better than Jack, Arfield, Kamara, Aribo and Hagi (subject to each of them having the right mentality). One thing's for sure - Shinnie is not an upgrade.

Next season, the atmosphere in Scottish football will be toxic. No ref will want to be the one held responsible for that mob dropping points. The media will publicly crucify officials and put them in danger.

I'm all ears on how the Aberdeen midfield dream team of Shinnie, McLean and Jack that couldn't stop Celtic in 2015, 2016 and 2017 is somehow going to stop Celtic in 2020/21.

I might be a bit petty but I’d prefer we said 55

The narrative is being set as 1,
You know that when we get 55 it’ll be 1 to them

His old man (Tom) was on our books and taught at Grange School in Castlemilk.
Donnelly jnr not a mentally challenged in the true sense, but a wee jump the dyke. (Which of course is worse).

Edit.. just noticed later posts.
Turncoats/ jump the dykes end up more bitter than the tims.
They also have a big chip on their as they know both sides hate them.
I have seen that a lot with mixed marriages.

I agree with the mentality part of that piece.We have shown in the last couple of years that we are more than capable of beating them.We no longer go in to matches fearing the worst.
We do still seem to take stage fright when We have a chance to go top or stay there for any significant period.
All of our winning teams have had players who may not be the most technically gifted but had nerve and attitude that got us over the line.

Back