Henry Hall of St Johnstone

mdingwall

Administrator

I hated that bastard!

Him, Drew Busby and Drew Jarvie were the banes of my life as kid when I was collecting bubblegum cards - when you wanted Colin Stein or Derek Parlane you got HENRY FUCKING HALL :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Then someone on the internet told me he was a Tim. :eek:

You'll get a boot in the Henry Halls :p
XiAFx51.gif

That St Johnstone team with him and John Connolly were really good.
I had always thought Connolly was the tim, seems a name can be deceiving

He was a student p e teacher in easterhouse at one time quite quiet guy .Well for a p e teacher they all liked the sound of their own voices.

Can't argue with the OP.:)

First thing I thought of when I saw the name, was his ugly fcukin coupon on virtually every pack of cards you opened. :mad:

Funny that. Obviously the makers held back the "beezer" cards and flooded the market with Henry Halls. It kept us daft eejits buying them. Seem to recall a flooded market in Airdrie players.
The chewing gum was rank.

I hated the Henry Hall card too . Always remind me of a school teacher.

I was in Belfast and didn’t even know who he was. Could even swap him.

You saw that face and needed someone to tell you he was a mentally challenged?

I actually saw him play live and score a goal way back in August 1970 when my Irish League club Ballymena United played St. Johnstone in a pre-season game. He and John Connolly, a self-confessed Rangers fan, were their star players and Hall looked a sharp player. I also saw Tommy McLean turn in a great performance for Killie in another pre-season game in 1968, you could see he was destined for greater things.

Think Bobby Clark was another card you couldnt get rid of.

There was one year where you couldn't open a pack without getting a Hamish McAlpine. Or maybe it was geographic and Cumbernauld got Scotland's supply of Hamish McAlpines and there were loads of kids in Dundee who were searching for him.

I hated that bastard!

Him, Drew Busby and Drew Jarvie were the banes of my life as kid when I was collecting bubblegum cards - when you wanted Colin Stein or Derek Parlane you got HENRY FUCKING HALL :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Then someone on the internet told me he was a Tim. :eek:

Could have been worse I.e Bobby Lennox!

Back