QotS Chairmans views on the return of football.

Sorry but I disagree with a lot. Saying clubs shouldn't exist because they are not providing real competition is absolutely selfish, egotistical bullshit. Clubs exist for more than just winning things, although that will be the aim for all, football teams are a big part of local communities all across the world, bringing families and friends together. Not all fans were born into Rangers supporting families, or are glory hunters who just choose winning teams, some people enjoy supporting smaller clubs for various reasons, who are we to say what's right or wrong just because we have a history of success?

I'd personally be gutted if my local vets team went bust, because I have a great group of friends and it brings us all together. Matches to look forward to, things to talk about and share passions with. We don't compete for trophies, we win the odd game and enjoy the whole social aspect, being underdogs and beating adversity.

A lot of clubs will have to downsize for a period, and some may sadly go bust, but that's the same with more than just football clubs at the moment.

I agree with what you are saying, we don't need to get rid of any clubs. The youth team my son plays for has just joined the pyramid setup with a new adult team and everyone is excited. But i do think we should reduce down from the 42 senior teams we have now. We could easily move 10 of them down to the regional leagues. These teams would probably end up getting bigger crowds due to the better supported teams down there.

I have no issue with all these clubs 'surviving' but its time they were no longer a part of the SPFL. F*ck them off to the Highland/Lowland League or the Juniors. Losing Leagues 1/2 frees up over £1m in prize money that can be spread more evenly amongst the top two leagues left - whether they comprise of 20, 22, 24 or 28 teams in total.

W

Wow ! The first part of your post is arrogant in the extreme. No club has any more (or less) right to exist at their own level than any other.
You’re missing the point. This chairman is openly admitting his club can’t exist without handouts. What has this club (and a number of similar clubs) ever done to deserve a handout? Have they produced great players? Great teams? Great managers? Do they attract large crowds based on the population of their towns? Have they ever done anything to improve the game in this country?

What about governance? They have a say in how the game is run, have they used that wisely? Or have they consistently voted in self interest? Face it, most of these teams offer nothing to the game and indeed are part of the reason Scotland is a footballing backwater. They exist purely to exist, never making any attempt to become better, to achieve anything other than surviving for another season. They should not be rewarded for decades of under-achievement. They either survive under their own steam or go to the wall - this current situation is simply the catalyst for what should have happened years ago (after all, the cartel of senior clubs refused to have promotion to/relegation from the bottom league for decades in an act of appalling self-preservation against competition from hungrier, better-run clubs).

not really, we have part time local community clubs that are playing in a so called professional league.

Which doesnt skew the figures how?

Having 2 clubs with a combined total capacity of around 110,000 for home games absolutely skews the figures. Its an entirely different argument as to whether or not we should have a mix of full time and part time professional clubs. Or what would happen if we suddenly culled a number of them.

You’re missing the point. This chairman is openly admitting his club can’t exist without handouts. What has this club (and a number of similar clubs) ever done to deserve a handout? Have they produced great players? Great teams? Great managers? Do they attract large crowds based on the population of their towns? Have they ever done anything to improve the game in this country?

What about governance? They have a say in how the game is run, have they used that wisely? Or have they consistently voted in self interest? Face it, most of these teams offer nothing to the game and indeed are part of the reason Scotland is a footballing backwater. They exist purely to exist, never making any attempt to become better, to achieve anything other than surviving for another season. They should not be rewarded for decades of under-achievement. They either survive under their own steam or go to the wall - this current situation is simply the catalyst for what should have happened years ago (after all, the cartel of senior clubs refused to have promotion to/relegation from the bottom league for decades in an act of appalling self-preservation against competition from hungrier, better-run clubs).

When was the last great player Rangers produced? Billy Gilmour aside, who will develop at Chelsea rather than Rangers. What have Rangers or Celtic done for the benefit of Scottish football? Other than buy in foreign talent, do the bare minimum to develop youngsters and moan like %^*& about the state of Scottish football?

The arrogance is astounding. How long ago was it that we were arguing that our fight with the SPFL was about improving governance for all? Couple of weeks and we're back to being billy big baws in a footballing backwater, hating the rest of Scottish football as much as we moan about them hating us.

When was the last great player Rangers produced? Billy Gilmour aside, who will develop at Chelsea rather than Rangers. What have Rangers or Celtic done for the benefit of Scottish football? Other than buy in foreign talent, do the bare minimum to develop youngsters and moan like %^*& about the state of Scottish football?

The arrogance is astounding. How long ago was it that we were arguing that our fight with the SPFL was about improving governance for all? Couple of weeks and we're back to being billy big baws in a footballing backwater, hating the rest of Scottish football as much as we moan about them hating us.
Are you really that stupid or just trolling?

UEFA cup finals in 2003 & 2008. Countless players for Scotland and other nations. Our European run this season alone, FFS.

It may have escaped your notice but our club was minutes from being obliterated in 2012 and was then taken over by charlatans and spivs, so it is not surprising that our development of young players in recent years hasn’t been what it should have been.

I’m not going to mention the scum since I don’t want to list their achievements (especially since they were at the cost of innocent kids childhoods) but we have achieved so much in our history (unless you want to argue we haven’t?), yet their are league clubs who have had a handful of promotions in their entire history and nothing else. They don’t even have aspirations to be any better. They simply exist, partly on the coat-tails of better run clubs who actually try to be successful.

Their horizons and aspirations are low and they live down to expectations. Sport is a competitive environment, serial failure should not be rewarded. If you can’t see that then you are part of the problem.

Are you really that stupid or just trolling?

UEFA cup finals in 2003 & 2008. Countless players for Scotland and other nations. Our European run this season alone, FFS.

It may have escaped your notice but our club was minutes from being obliterated in 2012 and was then taken over by charlatans and spivs, so it is not surprising that our development of young players in recent years hasn’t been what it should have been.

I’m not going to mention the scum since I don’t want to list their achievements (especially since they were at the cost of innocent kids childhoods) but we have achieved so much in our history (unless you want to argue we haven’t?), yet their are league clubs who have had a handful of promotions in their entire history and nothing else. They don’t even have aspirations to be any better. They simply exist, partly on the coat-tails of better run clubs who actually try to be successful.

Their horizons and aspirations are low and they live down to expectations. Sport is a competitive environment, serial failure should not be rewarded. If you can’t see that then you are part of the problem.

All of which have done the sum of absolutely nothing for Scottish football.

The UEFA finals? 17 and 12 years ago. Did Scottish football suddenly take a step forward?

Scottish football has been on a downward trend since the late 90s. Rangers and Celtic have done very little to change that. It's a Scottish problem. We don't have enough kids playing football from a young age. We don't have good enough coaching. We don't give enough opportunities for our youngsters to play competitive matches. We'd rather sign foreign squad filler than give our kids a chance in the first team.

As for aspirations - how can smaller clubs have aspirations if the majority of the population who actually attend football matches do so at Ibrox or Celtic Park? Parents don't take their kids along to games at their local ground. Too many people in Scotland can't be arsed going to a football game on a Saturday afternoon. We're constantly told that lower league football is utterly worthless.

It's nonsense. All nonsense.

Part of the problem? Part of the problem is Rangers or Celtic fans preaching whats best for Scottish football, consigning historic community clubs to the rubbish heap and believing that somehow thats enough for things to get miraculously better. Scottish football isnt going to get better with the same 50,000 people going to Ibrox or Celtic Park on a Saturday and countless more staying at home to watch football on TV.

The government at Westminster recognised the part that Rugby League clubs play in their communities when they gave them a cash boost recently. I’d argue that the Scottish Government should be looking at doing the same for exactly the same reason.

Thats true but then there wpuld be less deman

You probably have a point but then REAL arrogance is this guy sitting on his hands and letting Thistle be relegated in a self serving, highly questionable vote when they were only 2 points behind his club, and with a game in hand.

And now he's gone public and bubbling about tough times and seeking handouts from the general public?

You'd think maybe, just maybe, he'd have the common decency to sit down and keep his big fucking trap closed.
Now that is a very good point.

Albion Rovers average attendance is around 280

Take away family and friends of the players and you are much nearer 250 fans FFS

How can their vote possibly be a casting vote in any future proposal?

FFS Pollock get more than double Albion Rovers attendance and they are a junior team.

We have to many teams thinking they are a professional outfit and they are NOT

Their ground looks Junior level.

albion-rovers-cliftonhill-stadium-west-end-1500483934.jpg

It's a Scottish problem. We don't have enough kids playing football from a young age. We don't have good enough coaching. We don't give enough opportunities for our youngsters to play competitive matches.

Parents don't take their kids along to games at their local ground. Too many people in Scotland can't be arsed going to a football game on a Saturday afternoon. We're constantly told that lower league football is utterly worthless.
With 42 league clubs there should be plenty of opportunity for young players to play professionally. The fact that NONE of these clubs from the lower leagues ever produces any talent due to their inability to identify, coach or improve players simply proves my point.

If the smaller clubs produced a product worth watching then people would turn up to watch it. They don’t, so people don’t. There is no incentive for these clubs to be better so they are content to simply exist. That does nothing to raise the standard overall and is dinosaur thinking which has been holding the game back for decades.

Sorry but I disagree with a lot. Saying clubs shouldn't exist because they are not providing real competition is absolutely selfish, egotistical bullshit. Clubs exist for more than just winning things, although that will be the aim for all, football teams are a big part of local communities all across the world, bringing families and friends together. Not all fans were born into Rangers supporting families, or are glory hunters who just choose winning teams, some people enjoy supporting smaller clubs for various reasons, who are we to say what's right or wrong just because we have a history of success?

I'd personally be gutted if my local vets team went bust, because I have a great group of friends and it brings us all together. Matches to look forward to, things to talk about and share passions with. We don't compete for trophies, we win the odd game and enjoy the whole social aspect, being underdogs and beating adversity.

A lot of clubs will have to downsize for a period, and some may sadly go bust, but that's the same with more than just football clubs at the moment.
Good post sir. These clubs mean as much to local guys than rangers mean to you or I. They stick with their local team, knowing fine well they'll never really win anything of note and have my respect for that.

He has no shame whatsoever. He voted to finish the league as his team was in free fall and definitely going down. He is now in the local paper saying it will be great that Hearts are in the same league as them next season because their fans will bring them much needed income

He will be disappointed when no Jambos show up at his midden.

With 42 league clubs there should be plenty of opportunity for young players to play professionally. The fact that NONE of these clubs from the lower leagues ever produces any talent due to their inability to identify, coach or improve players simply proves my point.

If the smaller clubs produced a product worth watching then people would turn up to watch it. They don’t, so people don’t. There is no incentive for these clubs to be better so they are content to simply exist. That does nothing to raise the standard overall and is dinosaur thinking which has been holding the game back for decades.

That would need the kids to be of the required quality and have the desire to play football. Too many kids in Scotland think that they've made it when they sign for a top flight pro-youth side. The majority aren't good enough and couldn't cope playing lower league football. I've seen plenty of top flight kids go out on loan to the lower leagues and struggle badly. Including those who are on our books.

The best Scottish player of his generation? Got his first taste of senior football at Queens Park.

That would need the kids to be of the required quality and have the desire to play football. Too many kids in Scotland think that they've made it when they sign for a top flight pro-youth side. The majority aren't good enough and couldn't cope playing lower league football. I've seen plenty of top flight kids go out on loan to the lower leagues and struggle badly. Including those who are on our books.

The best Scottish player of his generation? Got his first taste of senior football at Queens Park.
Agree with you mate. The hunger in scotland for playing football has more or less disappeared.

It used to be a way of life. In school and out of school. I dont see many playing football anywhere near the level it used to be. In fact, one of the busiest places in renfrew for the younger ones is now the skatepark.

Good post sir. These clubs mean as much to local guys than Rangers mean to you or I. They stick with their local team, knowing fine well they'll never really win anything of note and have my respect for that.
Growing up in angus with my dad and grandad both Montrose fans and went to games with them.I went to forfar games with my mates at school until I was old enough to go to rangers games on my own,it’s changed days now but going to those games I saw Davie Cooper playing for clydebank,I watch Archie Knox cut his managerial teeth at forfar where at his hight a 6’000 crowd attended a second leg quarter final at station park v qots bearing in mind the population of forfar was ten thousand.one of my relatives back home runs an arbroath supporters club called the 36-0 asc he hardly misses a game home or away and he’s been doing it for years.i will always have a soft spot for those clubs and as much as they are criticized on here they won’t be the clubs that go to the wall,look further up the leagues for the clubs who will be in bother

Agree with you mate. The hunger in scotland for playing football has more or less disappeared.

It used to be a way of life. In school and out of school. I dont see many playing football anywhere near the level it used to be. In fact, one of the busiest places in renfrew for the younger ones is now the skatepark.

Pro Youth has been a monumental failure. Funding is concentrated on a few clubs. Those clubs aren't producing kids with the required ability and then giving them a routeway into first team football. Everybody else is cutting youth football budgets because it wasnt providing first team players or prospects that could be sold.

Scotland is losing it's football culture. Thats the biggest factor in all of this. Fewer people playing the game. Fewer people following the game. We need to arrest that decline.

Will go against the grain here but hope none go out of existence from a purely football view point.
Their love of their club is comparable to anyone’s, think of the guys that support say Arbroath who travel every second week, who are we to take delight in taking that from them.
The machinations taking place by the corrupt SPFL have nothing to do with your average fan, so I hope they survive but think many won’t.

Nah, they're diddy teams. It's not the same at all.

Merge or find a new club to support. I'm sure they'll survive.

Or maybe a country with 6 million people in it doesn’t require 40+ football clubs anyway.
This could be the chance to bring in a league with full time professional teams only & rid the game of the diddy clubs, possibly have just 1 or 2 leagues, but all full time with grass parks , rid the game of clubs who are only in it for the money & put nothing into the game , lower league clubs like in div 1 & 2 just no ambition happy to go along with the same old same old , the likes of Arbroath, Montrose, Albion Rovers , Forfar these teams have been in the bottom league for years showing no sign of ambition or forward thinking , that's why the game here has gone stale & the corruption is allowed to fester & grow , clubs like these support the status quo only for the pittance they receive for being a member club , remember these clubs get the same vote as Rangers which is killing our game , the talk around Greenock way a few years back when Morton was on the rise & were pushing for promotion was that the owner didn't want to win promotion as he would have to spend money on Cappilow for the entry to the premier league , so the promotion challenge fizzled out & they were content in staying in the championship, that's what we are up against football in this country is dying on it's feet .

This could be the chance to bring in a league with full time professional teams only & rid the game of the diddy clubs, possibly have just 1 or 2 leagues, but all full time with grass parks , rid the game of clubs who are only in it for the money & put nothing into the game , lower league clubs like in div 1 & 2 just no ambition happy to go along with the same old same old , the likes of Arbroath, Montrose, Albion Rovers , Forfar these teams have been in the bottom league for years showing no sign of ambition or forward thinking , that's why the game here has gone stale & the corruption is allowed to fester & grow , clubs like these support the status quo only for the pittance they receive for being a member club , remember these clubs get the same vote as Rangers which is killing our game , the talk around Greenock way a few years back when Morton was on the rise & were pushing for promotion was that the owner didn't want to win promotion as he would have to spend money on Cappilow for the entry to the premier league , so the promotion challenge fizzled out & they were content in staying in the championship, that's what we are up against football in this country is dying on it's feet .
Arbroath were in the race for a premiership play off place when the games were stopped because of Covid,Montrose were also in a play off place to get into the championship.

Never mind. When they go out of business their fans can go down the A75 to watch a properly run club like Stranraer.

How does QOS v Ayr = ‘a mass gathering’? Assuming the players are all virus free, the crowd should be the least of anyone’s concerns. One punter per half stand should do it.

When you jump into with the filth then you have to rot in yer pish stained bedsheet and reap what you sow.

I’ve long said (easy for me as a Supporter of the biggest club) that some smaller teams should join forces. The Dundee clubs for instance, one club so they can join resources. Jim McLean wasn’t stupid.
There is no rivalry between the two, as demonstrated by the recent vote fiasco so they might as well.

There is no rivalry between the two, as demonstrated by the recent vote fiasco so they might as well.
From a competitive perspective, surely pooling their resources and fan base (no laughing at the back) would give them a better chance at some sort of semblance of success?

Dunfermline, releasing 17 players, QoS saying they cant survive with BCD games, Peterhead Chairman suggesting they mothball for the entire season.

They wouldn't need reconstruction, just put any clubs left standing into the top flight. We'd probably only need a 30 game season.:rolleyes:

Arbroath were in the race for a premiership play off place when the games were stopped because of Covid,Montrose were also in a play off place to get into the championship.
What I was saying they bring nothing to the table with their couple of hundred fans , don't put nowt into the game take their share of the pot out don't expand our game no benefits of having teams like that as members, I don't see sponsors interested in Arbroath v's so & so or Montrose v's so & so absolutely shouldn't be in the professional set up but hey their vote is worth the same as ours .

I’ve been saying this for years. Too many teams, and when you add in the Rangers and Celtic effect, Scottish football could do with losing a few. Why the need for two teams in Dundee for a start?!
Aye they should just have one team in that city - it could be called simply - Dundee

Merging clubs doesnt work. Fans walk away from the game.

I'm not sure about that. I get the impression it's more of a hobby for a lot of these fans - local team, something to do on a Saturday etc. - and ultimately they would put their backing behind a merged club if the logic, and to a lesser extent, marketing was handled properly. Basically the opposite of ICT.

I mean, something has to give. It's a difficult topic to broach, but it is utterly apparent that 40+ teams in a country of our size will result in a diluted, ultimately poor product. We are crying out for a root and branch rethink.

FWIW, I remember when the Leipzig investment started here and there were plenty of detractors who said it would never catch on etc. Now, they have a loyal local fanbase and are one of the most respected (but also, paradoxically, hated) teams in the country. The point being that folk can get on board with a new club so long as it's handled properly.

I'm surprised at your attitude after what happened to Rangers. Who were you going to support if we'd went to the wall

Comparing Rangers - literally the greatest football club that has ever existed - with diddy teams in the Scottish third division? Come off it. I know folk will say "their love for their club is the same as yours" but we need to think on a macro level to improve our game long term. From a hard nosed, purely utilitarian perspective, that means there has to be some casualties.

Tales of the blatantly obvious that

Why the hell would the tax payer pay, so that football can be played that nobody can watch?
Nae offence

I'm not sure about that. I get the impression it's more of a hobby for a lot of these fans - local team, something to do on a Saturday etc. - and ultimately they would put their backing behind a merged club if the logic, and to a lesser extent, marketing was handled properly. Basically the opposite of ICT.

I mean, something has to give. It's a difficult topic to broach, but it is utterly apparent that 40+ teams in a country of our size will result in a diluted, ultimately poor product. We are crying out for a root and branch rethink.

FWIW, I remember when the Leipzig investment started here and there were plenty of detractors who said it would never catch on etc. Now, they have a loyal local fanbase and are one of the most respected (but also, paradoxically, hated) teams in the country. The point being that folk can get on board with a new club so long as it's handled properly.

Comparing Rangers - literally the greatest football club that has ever existed - with diddy teams in the Scottish third division? Come off it. I know folk will say "their love for their club is the same as yours" but we need to think on a macro level to improve our game long term. From a hard nosed, purely utilitarian perspective, that means there has to be some casualties.

Nonsense. Absolute bunkum.

Fans of lower league sides love their team just as strongly as you love Rangers. To suggest otherwise is massively disrespectful to them. I know fans who travel the length of Scotland to follow lower league teams, every home and away game. People who volunteer their services every other Saturday for no other reason than they love their club and want to help out.

As for Leipzig? Outside of their own fanbase, RB Leipzig are absolutely despised by fans of every other club in Germany.

Well said. This guy wasn’t greeting for Partick or Hearts or Stranraer when he voted them down last month was he?

Cut the cord let’s see if he flies by himself
I'm surprised at your attitude after what happened to Rangers. Who were you going to support if we'd went to the wall
Like most of us no one ?why would he support anyone else if they had killed us! interested to find out who you would have given your money to?unless it was the juniors but then again their under SFA rules as any league in Scotland and the SFA were instrumental. In our rape!

Nonsense. Absolute bunkum.

Fans of lower league sides love their team just as strongly as you love Rangers. To suggest otherwise is massively disrespectful to them. I know fans who travel the length of Scotland to follow lower league teams, every home and away game. People who volunteer their services every other Saturday for no other reason than they love their club and want to help out.

As for Leipzig? Outside of their own fanbase, RB Leipzig are absolutely despised by fans of every other club in Germany.

You haven't really addressed anything that I said there, really. I'm not disputing the fact they love their team, I'm making the wider point that for Scottish football to improve — 20/30 years from now or whatever — there has to be fewer clubs. That's the cold, hard reality of it. It's nothing personal. Rangers offer much more to Scottish football than any other club in the country, so it's not comparable. The Leipzig point, you've basically repeated what I wrote but chose to ignore the reason why I brought it up, i.e. - that a new setup will catch on if it's actually well run.

I get the impression you have a soft spot for a local team and it's clouding your view on the matter, so we'll leave it there.

Like most of us no one ?why would he support anyone else if they had killed us! interested to find out who you would have given your money to?unless it was the juniors but then again their under SFA rules as any league in Scotland and the SFA were instrumental. In our rape!
Renfrew fc would be the only team I would be interested in. As for being under SFA rules, isn't that what rangers are under at the moment? So, going by your logic, I should have no interest in them either.

You haven't really addressed anything that I said there, really. I'm not disputing the fact they love their team, I'm making the wider point that for Scottish football to improve — 20/30 years from now or whatever — there has to be fewer clubs. That's the cold, hard reality of it. It's nothing personal. Rangers offer much more to Scottish football than any other club in the country, so it's not comparable. The Leipzig point, you've basically repeated what I wrote but chose to ignore the reason why I brought it up, i.e. - that a new setup will catch on if it's actually well run.

I get the impression you have a soft spot for a local team and it's clouding your view on the matter, so we'll leave it there.
Rangers and them are too big for Scottish football. I cant think of any other country with the same population who have 2 clubs our size.

It would maybe help if this country could start creating top class footballers again. The gap between the old firm and the rest has never been bigger than it is now. It was closer when both had far better teams and class players than what they have now, which tells you just how far standards have dropped.

I understand your looking at it from a business point of view. I was just brought up through a more honest time of football and to be honest, I much preferred it back then. Now it's just a cesspit and not only in this country.

Renfrew fc would be the only team I would be interested in. As for being under SFA rules, isn't that what Rangers are under at the moment? So, going by your logic, I should have no interest in them either.
No not the point I'm making mate!,I'm making the point that no matter,if you had to support ANY team in Scotland even a pub team they are all under the durisdiction of the SFA,so if they had killed us I would not have given one penny to any of them and that's from a guy who was brought up playing football,supporting the gers since I was 8 and going to many junior games, between cambuslang rangers,and glencairn,oh and the odd visit to shawfield to see the bully wee,before they were corrupted,I was asking who you would have supported, out of curiosity,wasn't criticism mate,were all entitled to our own opinions,I've no allegiances to anyone English , Spanish ,Italian nowadays only the famous!

You seem to think that lower league fans aren't really football fans. You've said that you reckon it's just something they do on a Saturday afternoon.

If that's your take on lower league football then it's best leaving it there because it's clearly something you know very little about and value even less.

No not the point I'm making mate!,I'm making the point that no matter,if you had to support ANY team in Scotland even a pub team they are all under the durisdiction of the SFA,so if they had killed us I would not have given one penny to any of them and that's from a guy who was brought up playing football,supporting the gers since I was 8 and going to many junior games, between cambuslang Rangers,and glencairn,oh and the odd visit to shawfield to see the bully wee,before they were corrupted,I was asking who you would have supported, out of curiosity,wasn't criticism mate,were all entitled to our own opinions,I've no allegiances to anyone English , Spanish ,Italian nowadays only the famous!
Sorry. Renfrew are the only other team I would remotely consider. Wouldn't be the same, but at least i have an attachment to them and have been to plenty of their games. Really fond memories of them winning the junior cup. Was a great time for the town.

You have set me thinking though. If for instance, they had a vote in an enquiry, knowing the guys that I do on the committee, they would have voted for it.

Would have been interesting to know if they'd been leaned onto as has obviously happened here. Any half decent journalist i think would have no problem finding out by asking a few questions. After all, the record has no problems writing it's from a source, so that could easily be used.

Sorry. Renfrew are the only other team I would remotely consider. Wouldn't be the same, but at least i have an attachment to them and have been to plenty of their games. Really fond memories of them winning the junior cup. Was a great time for the town.

You have set me thinking though. If for instance, they had a vote in an enquiry, knowing the guys that I do on the committee, they would have voted for it.

Would have been interesting to know if they'd been leaned onto as has obviously happened here. Any half decent journalist i think would have no problem finding out by asking a few questions. After all, the record has no problems writing it's from a source, so that could easily be used.
Me too ,fond memories of cambuslang rangers in the junior cup final in the 70's sure they reached 3/4in a row,great days,I'm positive I seen glencairn playing Renfrew at southcroft,nearly 70 now,so may be wrong,sadly we will never no how deep this corruption goes unless we get an inquiry,and we have very very few decent journalists left,it's funny how things change because of people bending the rules to appease one club!never mind Renfrew WATP

Back