Hagi deal done according to agent

absolutely, more mature, better formed relationships. Next level time for likes of Kent, Aribo and Hagi
I think we'll see a few from that team leave and a few come in. Next to improve can't stand still. Especially not after what happened post winter break. Change is needed.

Not only does 4-2-3-1 put Kent and Hagi in more natural positions, it puts Aribo in the position he played best in all season and it gives us an extra attacker which we need domestically instead of the usual 3 midfielders sitting back doing %^*& all.

You could also look at it from the perspective where we were so poor and our form became so horrific in the second half of the season (which wasn’t his fault) that he actually prevented us from being even worse. He almost single-handedly won us the games against Hibs and Braga at home, and had a big hand in narrow wins against Livingston and Braga away. I actually dread to think how much further behind we’d have been without him.

He directly contributed to us winning 4 games within a month and a half, and in that time frame we only had a few domestic away games. That’s barely any time for anyone, nevermind a foreign player, to adjust.

Nobody will be happier than me if my post gets thrown in my face in a few months time.
I just worry that he was mostly anonymous in every domestic away game he played, that Livingston game was at Ibrox. These were games we were struggling and a match changing Number 10 creative player was exactly what we needed.
I honestly look forward to be proven wrong.

Nobody will be happier than me if my post gets thrown in my face in a few months time.
I just worry that he was mostly anonymous in every domestic away game he played, that Livingston game was at Ibrox. These were games we were struggling and a match changing Number 10 creative player was exactly what we needed.
He's only 21 as well mate! Will need all our players to step up not just him.

Hagi got the assist in the Livingston game.

There's no question he struggled away from Ibrox in domestic games, Perth and Kilmarnock come to mind.

However, I'm hoping that after a good pre season, he could be a big player for us.

I'm sure our manager will utilise him properly, in a central attacking position behind the striker.

It will need a change of formation though.

Agreed.

We’ll know more first game of the new season.

If it’s just another variation on 4-3-3 with Hagi out wide, it could be a long campaign.

Good signing, boys got something special about him. One of few signings in recent times where I’m confident we’ll make a tidy bit of profit on him fairly quickly.

Agreed.

We’ll know more first game of the new season.

If it’s just another variation on 4-3-3 with Hagi out wide, it could be a long campaign.

I think 4-2-3-1 would be the formation that would get the best out of Hagi, with him being the central of the 3.

You do need 2 athletic, possession holding defensive midfielders behind them though.

Kamara and Jack would be the best current options imo.

I think 4-2-3-1 would be the formation that would get the best out of Hagi, with him being the central of the 3.

You do need 2 athletic, possession holding defensive midfielders behind them though.

Not sure that would work because of Morelos' style of play, although I agree it is the best system for Hagi.

Would love an upgrade on Jack and Kamara.

I agree with a few posters on here that Hagi will be taking the number 10 from Davis and announced with the first images of the new kit.
This is a massive marketing opportunity.
I think this will also put to bed all of the talk of “two number tens” and be used as a subtle mark of intention from the gaffer. I truly think sentiment and pacification is over this season, even more so after seeing the players we have released over the last few days some being staunch fan favourites and rightly so. The gaffer and club are going for it, with a clear vision and with a lot less baggage.

Hence the possibility of Lewis Ferguson or Chirivella? I'd like to see this formation, two tens is and always was a nonsense

Hence the possibility of Lewis Ferguson or Chirivella? I'd like to see this formation, two tens is and always was a nonsense

It worked really well through at Easter Road when Aribo ran riot. We were exceptional at times that night. I agree it quickly got found out.

Lewis Ferguson isn't in the same class as Kamara or Jack mate.

Apart from a header McGregor sold in the LC Semi Final, he's never done anything against us.

He doesn't have the ball retention ability to play in a Rangers midfield.

You can never be certain but he looks the part.

If we can get him pulling the strings as a number 10, and he settles into the hurly-burly of our game, he could well be one of our best signings in years.

All about him settling and Gerrard coaxing the best out of him, for me.

He already has the talent and vision to be a success.

Great signing, I think a few more will be leaving, it's time to bring in a freshness around the squad and lose some of the serial losers mentality that's had a couple of goes at the tims.
I don't mean that harshly but players can become scarred mentally and can fail to get over that hurdle, we can't afford that next season.

Hagi needs to play in the orthodox number 10 role, I still reckon we need to improve other midfield/attacking options next season

Lewis Ferguson isn't in the same class as Kamara or Jack mate.

Apart from a header McGregor sold in the LC Semi Final, he's never done anything against us.

He doesn't have the ball retention ability to play in a Rangers midfield.

Plus with his thuggery he'd be red carded every other game if wearing our Jersey

He,s a gifted young player who’s going to need protected from the hammer throwers of Scottish football it’s no coincidence his best performances were in Europe I reallly like him bags of skill good vision but he’ll need to add another dimension to his game to survive the biased referees that seem to ignore career threatening tackles when a Ranger’s player is on the end of it hope he can find a way to shine on the domestic front without getting kicked off the park .

Going to be a total killjoy.

Our form and results before we signed him was far better than after he joined.

No doubting his ability at all, and I know he provided some match winning moments at Ibrox, but will he turn dropped points at tough away grounds into wins? He didn't before.

It's a perfectly valid point you make mate.

He struggled to adjust to the pace of the games and was constantly caught in possession away from home.

However, better players than Hagi have initially been caught out with the pace of Scottish football and the lack of time when on the ball.

I'm hoping, with a good pre season and a few more games under his belt, he'll adjust ok.

Just as long as we don't give him too many defensive responsibilities, as his tracking back is shocking.

There's no doubting his ability.

I know.

The post I was replying to said that was an away game, I was saying it was at Ibrox.

I just feel from the time I've watched him he was a matchwinner at home but a bit of a passenger in the string of away games in the league and cup we were rubbish in.
Oh okay. Agree with you that he needs to influence away games more although he did come in to team bereft of confidence and into a formation which clearly never got the best out of him.

It's a perfectly valid point you make mate.

He struggled to adjust to the pace of the games and was constantly caught in possession away from home.

However, better players than Hagi have initially been caught out with the pace of Scottish football and the lack of time when on the ball.

I'm hoping, with a good pre season and a few more games under his belt, he'll adjust ok.

Just as long as we don't give him too many defensive responsibilities, as his tracking back is shocking.

There's no doubting his ability.

Very fair assessment mate.

There’s more to a player than what they do WITH the ball, and we need to compensate elsewhere in terms of pace & workrate.

At that price we can’t afford him to be anonymous in away games.

He is very young but must improve his athleticism to counter this.

Any truth in the rumours if he signs we will be willing to sell him on this transfer window for a profit?

Back