Hagi deal done according to agent

Lewis Ferguson isn't in the same class as Kamara or Jack mate.

Apart from a header McGregor sold in the LC Semi Final, he's never done anything against us.

He doesn't have the ball retention ability to play in a Rangers midfield.
Could of said the same about Jack before he came to us.

I will only believe it when formally announced but this is now in the Rhetard.

Ianis Hagi to Rangers done deal claim as agent hails £4million move to 'Juventus of Scotland'
The 21-year-old has made a splash in his short spell in Scotland and Steven Gerrard appears keen to extend his Ibrox stay.

Romanian super-agent Giovani Becali has said Rangers' move to finalise the transfer of Ianis Hagi has been sealed for £4m.

The son of former Real Madrid and Barcelona star Gheorghe Hagi is on loan at Ibrox and Steven Gerrard's side have made clear their intention of buying him permanently from Genk.

And Romanian super agent Becali - who is the brother of Steaua Bucharest owner Gigi Becali - believes Hagi has already signed for Rangers, who he reckons are the ' Juventus of Scotland.'

He said: "Ianis has just signed for one of the most important clubs in Europe. The deal is complete.

"I would describe Rangers as the Juventus of Scotland. I understand completely why Ianis has chosen to sign for them.

"They are an extraordinary club.

"The most important thing is that Rangers have carried out their option to buy him and he now has peace of mind about his future for the next few years.

"He has done very well at Rangers, but there was always the worry that they wouldn't want to sign him up.

"But I know he has a very good contract there in Glasgow and this is a really smart move for him."

Michael Stewart will be pleased.

Number 10 role.

We need an energetic, aggressive midfielder in the engine room. Someone who has decent ability on the ball and can retain possession.

________ - ________
Aribo___________ - Hagi - ___________Kent
Morelos/ST
4-2-3-1.

Like to see a right sided attacker brought in but Aribo in that set up would give us good balance.

Please don’t reply with Michael Beale’s comments of playing two tens - I’m sure it was nice in theory but it was, for the most part, fucking hopeless in reality and put Hagi and Kent out of their natural positions - but Gerrard MUST adjust his formation to get the best out of him.

Domestically at least.
Kent as a 10 Is criminally wasted imo he's better when he's wide driving to the byeline or into the box. He's wasted coming short for the ball as it gives the opposition time to reset and form a block

Disagree. The system was more or less perfect the first half of the season, we then had injuries in positions where the replacement wasn’t good enough. The two 10s should still be used in Euro away games or Celtic away

In my opinion they weren't tens. We forced players into odd positions. Aribo was playing wide right for a few weeks then Hagi. It was just odd. We lacked creativity and a goal threat. I thought it was a frustrating disaster when the solution was staring us in the face to start Hagi as a central 10.

I wouldn't have mate.

Jack was always far more comfortable in possession than Ferguson.

Kamara and Jack have dominated Celtic and top European midfields this season.

Ferguson is nowhere near that level.

Id defo take the chance on Ferguson. When the going gets tough Kamara hides, Ferguson isn’t a player that would come here and hide against a Killie midfield that’s up for a battle. That being said, Id rather keep Kamara and let Ferguson takes Davis’ spot.

I wouldn't have mate.

Jack was always far more comfortable in possession than Ferguson.

Kamara and Jack have dominated Celtic and top European midfields this season.

Ferguson is nowhere near that level.
Our problem isn't big games and games against Celtic its the dross that sit in deep and play the long ball. We have all the ball be don't have the midfielders to get beyond and score enough goals Ferguson would change that. What we need is a proper box to box midfielder with that bit quality in the final 3rd that can do a bit of a everything. I think out biggest purchases will be this kind of player and alfredo replacement imo. I've said it on other threads but Kenny McLean from Norwich would be idea for us.

This is the biggest signing made in Scottish football in over a decade.

What a way to signal intent.

We’re not messing around anymore. Next season OUR title is coming home.

Id defo take the chance on Ferguson. When the going gets tough Kamara hides, Ferguson isn’t a player that would come here and hide against a Killie midfield that’s up for a battle. That being said, Id rather keep Kamara and let Ferguson takes Davis’ spot.

Well when the going got tough for Aberdeen after the break and they lost at home to Killie, Ross County and Motherwell, where was he?

What a myth this is that he can help grind out a result against lesser teams.

Aberdeen are a distant 4th in the league and have dropped way more points against lesser teams than we have.

Well when the going got tough for Aberdeen after the break and they lost at home to Killie, Ross County and Motherwell, where was he?

What a myth this is that he can help grind out a result against lesser teams.

Aberdeen are a distant 4th in the league and have dropped way more points against lesser teams than we have.
He’s been excellent for Aberdeen mate, only 20 as well.

Just remember we bought Kamara for 50k of Dundee’s bench.

Number 10 role.

We need an energetic, aggressive midfielder in the engine room. Someone who has decent ability on the ball and can retain possession.

________ - ________
Aribo___________ - Hagi - ___________Kent
Morelos/ST
4-2-3-1.

Like to see a right sided attacker brought in but Aribo in that set up would give us good balance.

Honestly don't think that is enough. We need more quality to play in our team either better than or on a par with the 3 of them, when the likes of Aribo and Kent are having bad games which was a few after the year. They need to all know they can lose their spot in the team.

He’s been excellent for Aberdeen mate, only 20 as well.

Just remember we bought Kamara for 50k of Dundee’s bench.

Kamara was a full internationalist with Finland mate, who are a vastly superior team to Scotland.

There's absolutely no comparison.

If he was on a Bosman, I'd be fine with it, but not for some of the fees getting talked about.

So we had 72% possession and created one clear cut chance if I remember right? Morelos clean through from a long ball up the park?

If that’s the case, somebody in Aberdeen’s midfield must’ve being doing something right.

Yep, 72% possession, 24 efforts on goal and 10 corners.

Aberdeen had 4 efforts on goal and 1 corner.

Anyway, it's a Hagi thread and it's getting derailed.

This is the biggest signing made in Scottish football in over a decade.

What a way to signal intent.

We’re not messing around anymore. Next season OUR title is coming home.

With all due respect, the same posts like this appeared after we signed Kent

Instead of bold predictions, I’d rather we just kept our mouths shut until we actually win something again

Honestly don't think that is enough. We need more quality to play in our team either better than or on a par with the 3 of them, when the likes of Aribo and Kent are having bad games which was a few after the year. They need to all know they can lose their spot in the team.

I've left the two in midfield blank as I'd want two new CM in there. A RB too.

Yep, 72% possession, 24 efforts on goal and 10 corners.

Aberdeen had 4 efforts on goal and 1 corner.

Anyway, it's a Hagi thread and it's getting derailed.

Mentioned during the middle of the season that I felt Ferguson had decent technical ability. A few laughed. He's 20, plenty time to develop. The fee is a sticky point.

He certainly gets about the park, has a bit of bite about him, can pass a ball and is a threat at set pieces - got a good leap on him too. It's Scottish football, it doesn't always need to be calm, controlled. At times we are too slow in winning the ball back, too pedestrian, laboured and our midfield can take an eternity to find a pass or move the ball. Ferguson is blood and snotters with that bit of technical ability; control, feet, can carry the ball, pick out a pass...

I'd take a punt on him at 750k or so.

The Sheep Scum will want north of 3 million I reckon. ]

We don't need to spend that money on another project.

Mentioned during the middle of the season that I felt Ferguson had decent technical ability. A few laughed. He's 20, plenty time to develop. The fee is a sticky point.

He certainly gets about the park, has a bit of bite about him, can pass a ball and is a threat at set pieces - got a good leap on him too. It's Scottish football, it doesn't always need to be calm, controlled. At times we are too slow in winning the ball back, too pedestrian, laboured and our midfield can take an eternity to find a pass or move the ball. Ferguson is blood and snotters with that bit of technical ability; control, feet, can carry the ball, pick out a pass...

He's a good player alright mate, but at this stage of his career I don't see him as a better midfielder than Jack, Kamara, Davis, Arfield or Aribo.

He's been part of an Aberdeen midfield that, irrespective of some results, has been regularly outplayed by the Rangers midfield.

Unfortunately, they've defended well at times against us and have scored a couple of goals at set pieces and stolen a couple of results.

He's only scored 1 goal this season and I agree, the fee is the biggest issue.

He's certainly not worth anything over £500k imo.

Agreed Grigo, a three of Kent Hagi and new RW would be perfect in behind Morelos or his replacement.

We need a bit of power and bite in behind as well I think!

Absolutely agree on behind too WB. When we go to these shitholes like Motherwell etc we need a bit of dig & energy up our sleeve after this season’s games at Tynecastle etc.

I couldn’t agree more, we need more runners off the ball. Dare I say it, someone like Naismith in his prime.

Yes, we haven’t had that ability since Windass left, albeit I don’t want him back :))

I was one of them that would never have taken Naismith back, but he’s still a good player & showed us that last season.

We don't need a change of formation if we play him in attacking midfield. Could still go 433. That being said we need to start playing people in their natural position. Kent is a winger not a 10. Aribo is a box to box midfielder not a 10. Sign a fast RW and player with two wingers either side of Hagi and we're lit.

Lewis Ferguson isn't in the same class as Kamara or Jack mate.

Apart from a header McGregor sold in the LC Semi Final, he's never done anything against us.

He doesn't have the ball retention ability to play in a Rangers midfield.
I also don’t rate him Mearns. He’s had enough game time that he’d have shown class if he had it. Always pretty anonymous versus us. I don’t get the clamour for him.

Back