Scotland v USSR 1982 World Cup - BBC Scotland (7.15pm)

IM BLUE

Official Ticketer
If anyone wants to re-live some memories from the 1982 World Cup tonight BBC Scotland (channel 108 on freeview) are showing the game at 7.15pm.

Of all the games they could have chosen, they picked this?

A game that is another example of how we %^*& it up in new and unusual ways.

I had been hoping to see us trounced 4-1 by that legendary Brazilian side, but I guess it is BBC Scotland after all.

The first WC I remember, I was 9, I remember my old man going mental at the TV.

There is that absolute howler of a f**k up between Hansen and Miller (I think) that gifts the Russians a goal which you watch now and go, “Ah, there it is - Scotland finding a way to blow it as only they can.”

they are showing Scotland 2-1 Sweden from Italia 90 next Friday night, but that's balanced out with scum "legend" Tom Boyd's favourite game against Brazil in 1998 on Saturday

I wonder if the Costa Rica game counts as a "classic"? :D

“And here comes Shengalia to knock Scotland out of the World Cup”

Still remember that line all these years later.

Apparently later that night Hansen was dancing on tables in a local boozer much to the disgust of Miller

I was at the costa del sol in 2012. I mind wondering what it must have been like during the spain 82 world when 20,000 scots decended on it long before the tartan trannie days.

Must have been a great time apart from how it ended of course.

Apparently later that night Hansen was dancing on tables in a local boozer much to the disgust of Miller

Miller said in an interview he couldnt strike up a partnership with hansen. They just didnt click.

As becomes clear towards the end of the game.

Loved that World Cup. I was 11 then and loved everything about the Brazil team apart from the big striker Serginho who was a donkey. Wish they had shown Scotland Brazil, Eder’s goal was brilliant

I was 7 when watching this and couldn't understand why my Da was so upset when Souness scored, "ah you've just made it fckn worse", I was bewildered at the time :D

He was right.

Loved that World Cup. I was 11 then and loved everything about the Brazil team apart from the big striker Serginho who was a donkey. Wish they had shown Scotland Brazil, Eder’s goal was brilliant
As a lad i loved that Brazil side, was gutted when Italy put them out

Can't imagine Hansen dancing on tables in a boozer , in fact i can't imagine him in a boozer :)

That was a great side. I reckon about 6 - 8 of that starting line up played in European club finals give or take a few years around 1982.

Tango España

the best football i ever stole

6a00e54eea3d1c88340154384a155a970c-pi.jpg

How are you going to win a match with Hanson and Narey 2 centre halfs in midfield?

If anyone wants to re-live some memories from the 1982 World Cup tonight BBC Scotland (channel 108 on freeview) are showing the game at 7.15pm.
As an 8 year old I was gutted, I had the Scotland away jersey for that campaign and my Mum always reminds me I was crying at the end :D
Also my favourite ever WC Spain 82

If I'm lucky those adverts round the touchline for Winston are for the cigarettes and BBC scotland get fined.
Didn't think rough tried too hard at that second goal.

Back