No games against the Mockits until 2021?

jaws73

Official Ticketer
This doesn't surprise me at all. Something Neil McCann said last week on Sportsound resonated with me - Sky don't want these games for the football, they want them for the atmosphere.

Celtic and Rangers news: Old Firm games could be delayed until 2021 in shock SPFL calendar shuffle

NEXT season’s Old Firm games could ALL be played in 2021 as part of a shock plan to shuffle the Scottish football calendar.

SPFL chiefs are considering a host of changes as they consider how the new season will look after lockdown.

One of the proposals being discussed is to delay all four Premiership derbies between Celtic and Rangers until after the New Year to avoid playing them behind closed doors.

It’s understood the idea has the support of clubs.

And Sky TV, whose new £125million contract kicks in next season, would also rubber-stamp the move.

The hope is that by the time the Celtic v Rangers clashes come around in 2021, Government rules about large public gatherings could be relaxed.

The proposal is set to be raised again at meetings this week, after a final decision has been taken on Hearts’ league reconstruction plan.

It comes after SFA chief executive Ian Maxwell insisted it is "achievable" for Scottish football to get underway again in August.

He said: "We are working through a three-stage plan, similar to the approach the government has taken.

"It will start with a return to training, then a return to matches, then a return to spectators being allowed into stadiums at some point.

"There is a four-to-six week training schedule which the medical group are working through.

"And I think that it IS likely we will see football in August.

"We have seen it in countries across Europe, whether they are finishing league programmes, or some who are looking to start next season's programmes.

"I think it is definitely achievable. I think the plans we are putting in place are comprehensive but we need to give government comfort that we can do it in a manner which keeps the players, staff and everybody involved in the game safe but I am sure we can do that."

Sounds like a plan to send our players off and "apologise to the manager in private"

Putting us at a disadvantage for the 3 old firms in 30 days with first two at piggery for some made up reason then when we win the first one anyway the ref gets terrorised and they hand pick Clancy for the next two :)

Fantasy stuff right ?

they will have played the scottish cup by then against Hearts who by then will have no manager and a squad of about 8 players plus youths - just to keep the run going.
Peter and Neil will not have it any other way.

Heard this earlier; I genuinely think Sky could charge a fortune with tv only audiences.

I’d imagine they’re not against the idea. Ok, the ‘atmosphere’ is gone, but the viewing numbers would be 50,000 up straight away.

An interesting point on it...

What happens if, due to the fixture rearrangement, it means St Mirren, for example, sit bottom having played Rangers and Celtic 6 times out of their 22 games by February and lost them all whereas Hamilton are a point in front but have only played us twice each. Then the league stops due to another outbreak and St Mirren are relegated.

The fixtures need properly balanced out.

An interesting point on it...

What happens if, due to the fixture rearrangement, it means St Mirren, for example, sit bottom having played Rangers and Celtic 6 times out of their 22 games by February and lost them all whereas Hamilton are a point in front but have only played us twice each. Then the league stops due to another outbreak and St Mirren are relegated.

The fixtures need properly balanced out.
It absolutely does.

The cynic in me thinks this is being done because the first one is at the piggery and they fear crowds will be allowed in again before the 2nd one at Ibrox.

Where's the integrity? (No laughing)
Fixtures are spread out over a season as teams hit form or drop form at different times in the season.
To lump all OF games towards end of season is a joke. If they are BCD then so be it. We will be playing other teams like that so its only fair ( what did i say about no laughing!?)
SKY shouldnt be allowed to charge a premium either folk pay enough already to watch some of the shite on there

Heard this earlier; I genuinely think Sky could charge a fortune with tv only audiences.

I’d imagine they’re not against the idea. Ok, the ‘atmosphere’ is gone, but the viewing numbers would be 50,000 up straight away.

I am not sure about that, four of us in family not at the game but watching it on same tv.

A lot others will go to a pub or club that was already showing it.

Other neutrals would probably be bored of BCD games by then, I haven’t watched a full game yet from the start of the Italian games or the German games that have started.

Just 2 weeks ago we were being told Football might not even start again this year now the tramps have been GIVEN the title, we have no reason why we cant have a league start in August
We have to win next season and continue to chip away at this shambles of a league organisation

It’s their new ploy to win 10...they know we struggle against 10 at the back, by the time we play them 4 times we’ll be well behind!!!

I'd do nothing to assist the SPFL in any capacity.
precisely.

so lets get this straight, we won't tell the clubs that they are potentially due £10m owed back to Sky, refuse Rangers investigation into why this information was withheld THEN Rangers will be used to partially solve the £10m black hole and appease the broadcasters.

we should 100% be as difficult as possible around this, sporting integrity & computer fixture generator.

Don't think so after experiencing the borefest Bundesliga training games.

Yes been poor games, so they will show us away to hamilton but want to change tims game till when the crowds are back in, I'm sure it's all down to first game v them is at the piggery and 2nd game hopefully crowds will be back and we will be home

WATP

We have every right to be paranoid recently, but I think this will be more about appeasing the government than more SPFL corruption. They know there will be no way of keeping social distancing for those games even if they are behind closed doors. Half the country would be gathering at their mates to watch on Sky.

We have every right to be paranoid recently, but I think this will be more about appeasing the government than more SPFL corruption. They know there will be no way of keeping social distancing for those games even if they are behind closed doors. Half the country would be gathering at their mates to watch on Sky.
I posted a few weeks ago wondering if this could be a good idea.

My reasoning was it could be more attractive to people purchasing season tickets who are considering not doing so.

Farcical… the leagues get rigged and now the fixtures. If first game was at Ibrox it would be behind closed doors. The crooks are probably suggesting this to get compensation arranged for sporting Integrity FC.

I posted a few weeks ago wondering if this could be a good idea.

My reasoning was it could be more attractive to people purchasing season tickets who are considering not doing so.
That is another very good point that I wasn’t thinking about. I wouldn’t mind missing an extra few match against a diddy team if I could get in Ibrox for scum games.

I'd honestly like to see Scottish football go down the pan.
This corruption is too much to take.
When i say this i have 2012 in mind when no rules would be bent.
If they're talking about starting back in August, but no fans til 2021, that's 5 months behind closed doors, on the back of a 4 month shutdown. So 9 months of no, or very little, income for most clubs. If that's the case, you'll get your wish and Scottish football will indeed go down the pan.
No-one knows how things will develop over the coming weeks and months and certainly not the clowns at the SPFL, SFA or Holyrood.

We should not entertain this further corruption in order to appease one club.
Assuming the league goes ahead initially bcd, the usual fixture arrangements must apply.
If it's to appease one club we could always say we have a tour of Japan planned just to bugger it up helping that " one club " as somehow I recollect some club doing that when we needed help with the amount of games we had to play , can't recall what club it was but it will come back to me if I try long enough :rolleyes: .

Wouldn’t be surprised if they switch it so the first game is at Ibrox in an empty stadium with more chance of the lockdown being lifted by the time the next game at the piggery comes around for a full house to keep Doncaster n lawwell etc happy!

The bheasts never bothered about social distancing when the celebrated their imaginary title win parading at the piggery and causing traffic jams all over the place and not a mention about the heath dangers in the media , just about the so called amazing " 9 in a row title they " WON " :eek:

The spfl don't need to move any OF game. Play the first game behind closed doors. They are already at it making sure no loss of income for sporting integrity FC. There is always motives geared towards one club behind their moves. Makes no difference to sky in fact they will probably get more subscriptions. The bheast is in the detail.

If they're talking about starting back in August, but no fans til 2021, that's 5 months behind closed doors, on the back of a 4 month shutdown. So 9 months of no, or very little, income for most clubs. If that's the case, you'll get your wish and Scottish football will indeed go down the pan.
No-one knows how things will develop over the coming weeks and months and certainly not the clowns at the SPFL, SFA or Holyrood.
Yeah I agree and I am not sure why no one is asking this question.

Stranraer made it clear that they need fans so if they don’t get fans in before 2021 then they will go bust and how many teams go bust before it’s declared a sham

It will be SKY calling the shots it's the only games they're interested in so they won't want to cover the games with no fans there. Could end up being 1 a month from January which would mean they get played before the split.

If this happens surely the club can refuse any skullduggery with fixture changes. I also can't see the polis being happy with that either.

Back