Our Europa league run.

Braga were better than Leverkusen were at Ibrox

They were more direct going forward, I wouldn't say better overall though as even how pish we were in the first hour of the home leg, we created several good chances that we contrived to miss or their keeper pulled off a good save.

Leverkusen were efficient, they gave nothing away whilst chipping away at us, wearing us down at the other end.

We had a fantastic run this year and played some good good teams along the way.

Question is what opposition players impressed you the most ? Or even who were you expecting more from ?

Personally I thought berguis of feyenoord looked a player even though i think we kept him relatively quiet.

Obviously Haivertz was quality as you would expect for Leverkusen and I liked the little Brazilian Evander from the Danish mob.

Anymore ?

Oh and i thought the whole young boys team were rotten and they took more points off us than anyone, strange one.
What do you mean “had” a great run.

We’re gonna win the fucker, or at the very least win the “election”, just like the beasts.

Reactions: Jeb
The big striker who played for Midtjylland really impressed me, think his name was Kaba. Scored in both games & looked very good on the ball. If Alfie goes i’d like us to make a move for him.

The big striker who played for Midtjylland really impressed me, think his name was Kaba. Scored in both games & looked very good on the ball. If Alfie goes i’d like us to make a move for him.
I’d play him next to Morelos. 2 of them upfront would reek havoc in the league.

I was really impressed with the full Leverkusen team. They looked a bit suspect at the back though when we decided to press, Think standing off them in a block was a mistake.

It was a beacon of light in the dark days of 2020.

Braga away just after my birthday was superb, one of the best trips I’ve been on in years, the supporters and let’s not forget the effort from players who domestically shat their pants.

Bayer were just a step to far, which is a shame there was a moment in time when we always had a chance at Ibrox, quiet never believed we had against Leverkusen the atmosphere and players playing on the night showed that also.

Does anyone not want us to make the Europa league next year as I don’t want our players making excuses of not being able to do it both domestically and think it’s the only chance we have of competing domestically we have looked a shattered mess the last 2 January’s.

Porto
Danilo Perreria

Braga
keeper
Fransergio
Trincao

Leverkusen
Havertz
Diaby
Aránguiz
Bellarbi

Leverkusen and Havertz in particular could have gone up another 2 or 3 gears if they really wanted. I think they had us sussed after 40 minutes.

What a player he is. I always fancy McGregor from the spot but you just knew that he wasn't getting anywhere near the penalty.

Anyone else remember being impressed in the last campaign by this guy? :

Basilio Ndong

I'm sure he was playing at wing back for schkupi and looked a standout if a tad raw.

There was a class piece on Tapsoba in The Athletic by Honigstein and Dominic Fifield a few days ago.

The guy is a machine and best centre back I've seen at Ibrox in years. Maybe now @CaptainCourageous will agree with me.

What didn't I agree about, can't remember tbh?

Can't remember tbh. If he's as good as Dayot Upamecano, he's a player.

It's insane how a dominating center back who's consistent week in, week out can utterly transform a team and bring the rest of the players up a couple of levels. You just have to look at Van Dijk at Liverpool and then Tapsoba at Leverkusen. Hopefully we can find someone to do similar for us.

Think the SPFL have forgot we are still in Europe (Just) No consideration has been given to it whatsoever :oops:

It's insane how a dominating center back who's consistent week in, week out can utterly transform a team and bring the rest of the players up a couple of levels. You just have to look at Van Dijk at Liverpool and then Tapsoba at Leverkusen. Hopefully we can find someone to do similar for us.

Woodburn, Gough, Butcher, Amoruso, Weir, Bougherra, Cuellar, Moore...

Out with Bayer, all teams we faced missed a quality striker and would bite your hand off for Morelos.

Despite not being an out an out striker, Havertz strolled that game at Ibrox. Can see why he’s destined for big things.

Out with Bayer, all teams we faced missed a quality striker and would bite your hand off for Morelos.

Despite not being an out an out striker, Havertz strolled that game at Ibrox. Can see why he’s destined for big things.
Marega is better than Morelos

Did he even play against us? If he did he did nothing and I know who I’d rather have (on form)
Yeah, Helander pocketed him.

Still a top quality striker though and is miles ahead in all honesty

Yeah, Helander pocketed him.

Still a top quality striker though and is miles ahead in all honesty

That’s what I’m saying, nobody we faced pre-Xmas troubled us much IMO while Alfie bullied everyone in his sight and scored some outstanding goals along the way

Braga were better than Leverkusen were at Ibrox

No way leverkussen we're technically better they had more full control of the game. They very technical strong and methodical in how they played.

Best team we have faced In a long time.

Against braga we were creating chances even when they were all over us.... However this will go down as on of those games remember forever 2 going on four to then win 3-2 is what football is about

By no means the most technically gifted player we faced but Valerian Gvilia of Legia actually looked like he's the type of player that could do a job for us in Scottish football.

His corners and set plays were pretty decent but in the main he looks to have that physical edge that Rangers sometimes lack in central midfield especially when up against the hammer throwers in Scottish football.

Not the best player we faced but someone who I thought at the time could maybe push tav was the RB for midtjylland, can’t remember his name now.

No way leverkussen we're technically better they had more full control of the game. They very technical strong and methodical in how they played.

Best team we have faced In a long time.

Against braga we were creating chances even when they were all over us.... However this will go down as on of those games remember forever 2 going on four to then win 3-2 is what football is about

Couldn't agree more, at half time I feared a total drubbing, and then the second half was amazing. That second half is one of the best euro performances in my 48 years of watching our European games. Also who would have predicted our performance in Braga, we totally bossed that game, was so good to be there.

Not the best player we faced but someone who I thought at the time could maybe push tav was the RB for midtjylland, can’t remember his name now.
Cajuste mate, I thought he looked a cracking player at the time too

There was a class piece on Tapsoba in The Athletic by Honigstein and Dominic Fifield a few days ago.

The guy is a machine and best centre back I've seen at Ibrox in years. Maybe now @CaptainCourageous will agree with me.

I've watched the last two Leverkusen games that have been on BT and he looks incredible already. He's just so good with the ball at his feet. Reminded me a bit of Varane.

Couldn't agree more, at half time I feared a total drubbing, and then the second half was amazing. That second half is one of the best euro performances in my 48 years of watching our European games. Also who would have predicted our performance in Braga, we totally bossed that game, was so good to be there.

Against Braga away it was a brilliant defensive performance by us. Played so narrow at the back that it never let their attacking players create a 1v1 with Tav of Barisic.

Possibly mate but Leverkusen absolutely bossed us by playing really basic, but really technical football.

If we'd played Leverkusen at the same time as we played Porto i.e. before the slump, who knows?
Leverkusen were on another level to porto. They won 3-1 against them in porto in the last 32 and it could have been 5 or 6 they were miles ahead of them. I’d say it was the hardest draw we could have possibly got in the last 16.

Havertz for Leverkusen. He’s well on course to be one of the worlds best in the next decade. Will make Leverkusen some serious cash when he decides to leave.

Leverkusen were on another level to porto. They won 3-1 against them in porto in the last 32 and it could have been 5 or 6 they were miles ahead of them. I’d say it was the hardest draw we could have possibly got in the last 16.
I agree tbh, and I was at the game in Porto the day after Braga so I saw how easily they disposed of Porto.

I've seen better teams than them crumble at Ibrox though and you never know.

It would have been one of the best results in the modern era if we'd turned them over though

The Leverkusen team overall was excellent defensively and offensively Tah, Tapsoba , Diaby and Haivertz being the standouts from the earlier rounds Evander that played for Midtylland always looked dangerous

Back