Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

There was a movie on last night called Spotlight and it showed not only how widespread the abuse of children is within the cc but also the lengths they go too to cover it up by installing their members within positions of authority.

Very similar to what happen at CBC and it will take similar, intensive investigative journalism to expose the full extent of it. There will be a lot more abusers and victims than what is currently known.

And with CFCs and their fans continued attempts to further abuse the victims into silence many will be afraid to come forward. Those people must be reached they deserve to be heard and they deserve justice.

Bang on Mani.

I watched this film last night about true events that occurred in Boston, USA.

Harrowing, but just an example of what we are up against concerting the Catholic Church, Celtic and their Cover up - which are both linked concerning this, ie they will both go out of their way to keep these despicable horrors quiet.

For those not seen this movie I ask you to do so if possible. Briefly this is what it's about:

It started when the Boston Globe newspaper had a new editor in charge back around the year 2000.

The paper had a small department of journalists called Spotlight where they would go out investigating on a secret mission.

The new editor (a non Catholic Jew) decided to ask them to concentrate on a past accusation of ONE Boston Priest, who evidently got away with child abuse by being moved Parish by the local Boston Cardinal.

One quickly turned into 13 and more and more evidence came to light from the brilliant reporters, with an astonishing 87 cases 6% of the TOTAL 1,500 Boston Priests.

They were successfully prosecuted and the day after the Boston Globe Front page Headlines (with a website/phone link asking for any other victims to come forward) - they were inundated with abuse victims contacting the paper!

Eventually a mind blowing 243 Priests were prosecuted and found Guilty - this is over 15% of ONE cities Priests FFS

At the end of the film, credits came up in what seemed never ending prosecutions that followed in HUNDREDS of Countries Globally.

Why oh Why do the SMS and Celtic keep sweeping their scandal under the carpet?

I think this CBC scandal if it's EVER going to be fully out in the public - is just the tip of an iceberg there!

FFS If this nightmare happened at Luton or Rangers I'd never set foot inside Kenilworth Road or Ibrox again and disown my beloved clubs.

I've spoken with Celtic fans who were unaware of the abuse. Ostrich syndrome. Then the usual point scoring debate came to the fore. If they were unaware then what am I point scoring about. My reply was "justice for those poor kids and their families"
Kids FFS. That's all they were. Dreams of glamour and football fame. Taken away by nonces. Shocking.

This is why the Gray family, Kenny and Gordon must be listened too,real people who have been affected, through no fault of their own were exposed too mindless abuse. Their strength is exemplary and the help given to them by tireless supporters applauded. It has been a long road, hopefully the justice they deserve will not be too far away and give strength to other victims to come forward.

Bang on Mani.

I watched this film last night about true events that occurred in Boston, USA.

Harrowing, but just an example of what we are up against concerting the Catholic Church, Celtic and their Cover up - which are both linked concerning this, ie they will both go out of their way to keep these despicable horrors quiet.

For those not seen this movie I ask you to do so if possible. Briefly this is what it's about:

It started when the Boston Globe newspaper had a new editor in charge back around the year 2000.

The paper had a small department of journalists called Spotlight where they would go out investigating on a secret mission.

The new editor (a non Catholic Jew) decided to ask them to concentrate on a past accusation of ONE Boston Priest, who evidently got away with child abuse by being moved Parish by the local Boston Cardinal.

One quickly turned into 13 and more and more evidence came to light from the brilliant reporters, with an astonishing 87 cases 6% of the TOTAL 1,500 Boston Priests.

They were successfully prosecuted and the day after the Boston Globe Front page Headlines (with a website/phone link asking for any other victims to come forward) - they were inundated with abuse victims contacting the paper!

Eventually a mind blowing 243 Priests were prosecuted and found Guilty - this is over 15% of ONE cities Priests FFS

At the end of the film, credits came up in what seemed never ending prosecutions that followed in HUNDREDS of Countries Globally.

Why oh Why do the SMS and Celtic keep sweeping their scandal under the carpet?

I think this CBC scandal if it's EVER going to be fully out in the public - is just the tip of an iceberg there!

FFS If this nightmare happened at Luton or Rangers I'd never set foot inside Kenilworth Road or Ibrox again and disown my beloved clubs.
Well said LL I have said the same on here before, there is absolutely no chance I would support any of my teams if this had happened and my clubs tried to cover it up. My heart goes out to all those guys that have been abused by these sick c@nts. Child abusers should be hung,drawn and quartered as far as I'm concerned. Peado FC are going to get whats coming to them soon enough and all those guys will get the justice that they deserve.

Have to say Humbug, the boy was a talent.

Shocking reading that again.

I’m sure it was Scotland v Germany U16 I saw & he was outstanding.
This story tells us that not everyone who played at parkhead would have known what was going on, only the ones at the top, this was a different time and people have to remember that.

I say this because I seen a post having a go at dalglish for being a Celtic player, whilst this was going on. That's very unfair on him and others who would not have been aware of it.

These people who done this knew that fine well, that's why they got away with what they did for so long.

People should be careful of throwing names about. Its careless and does no favours.

This story tells us that not everyone who played at parkhead would have known what was going on, only the ones at the top, this was a different time and people have to remember that.

I say this because I seen a post having a go at dalglish for being a Celtic player, whilst this was going on. That's very unfair on him and others who would not have been aware of it.

These people who done this knew that fine well, that's why they got away with what they did for so long.

People should be careful of throwing names about. Its careless and does no favours.
GY can stand up for himself but if you read the thread then GY was actually saying he was a good footballer.

GY can stand up for himself but if you read the thread then GY was actually saying he was a good footballer.
I know, where was I having a go at him? I agree with him, I've only just heard this story about John mccluskey and his brother george going off on one.

I am not absolving Celtic of any blame whatsoever, in fact I said it went to the very top.

My point is, not everyone who played for them would have been aware. No young guy would want to admit to it for a start off, this these deviants know fine well. Much the same as priests have ran amok for years, not to mention the Gary glitters and Jimmy savilles of this world.

It's all coming out now and unfortunately its took this long for people to speak about it,which is understandable.There will be many who haven't and never will.

I know, where was I having a go at him? I agree with him, I've only just heard this story about John mccluskey and his brother george going off on one.

I am not absolving Celtic of any blame whatsoever, in fact I said it went to the very top.

My point is, not everyone who played for them would have been aware. No young guy would want to admit to it for a start off, this these deviants know fine well. Much the same as priests have ran amok for years, not to mention the Gary glitters and Jimmy savilles of this world.

It's all coming out now and unfortunately its took this long for people to speak about it,which is understandable.There will be many who haven't and never will.
No probs. I maybe took your message out of context. Keep faith. Their day will come.

No probs. I maybe took your message out of context. Keep faith. Their day will come.
Maybe I didnt put it across correctly, in fact I had a look at my post and can understand why it could be taken the wrong way. Pity there wasnt a mic for FF. Then you'd have been aware of what my rant was meaning.

These things were hushed up and no paper would touch them. I say this as I read john lydon/ johnny rottens book and he said that when he went on totp in 1977, it was an open secret about Saville. This guy was a british institution and I'd love to know why it wasnt exposed. Cant understand it at all. Not like this was ireland, where the RC church had a grip over the govt.

I've spoken with Celtic fans who were unaware of the abuse. Ostrich syndrome. Then the usual point scoring debate came to the fore. If they were unaware then what am I point scoring about. My reply was "justice for those poor kids and their families"
Kids FFS. That's all they were. Dreams of glamour and football fame. Taken away by nonces. Shocking.
It's part of how they cover it up mate, they attack anyone who even talks about it. They're even attacking the victims for coming forward. It's sick beyond words.

There was a movie on last night called Spotlight and it showed not only how widespread the abuse of children is within the cc but also the lengths they go too to cover it up by installing their members within positions of authority.

Very similar to what happen at CBC and it will take similar, intensive investigative journalism to expose the full extent of it. There will be a lot more abusers and victims than what is currently known.

And with CFCs and their fans continued attempts to further abuse the victims into silence many will be afraid to come forward. Those people must be reached they deserve to be heard and they deserve justice.
I wàtched that Mani and what was the most shocking was the lengths they went to to bury the truth and hide and protect the perpetrators! Shameful. Systemic lies and abuse. The guy investigating commented that this is a worldwide problem. However, so much of it has been buried the victims will never get full justice. Shocking.

I wàtched that Mani and what was the most shocking was the lengths they went to to bury the truth and hide and protect the perpetrators! Shameful. Systemic lies and abuse. The guy investigating commented that this is a worldwide problem. However, so much of it has been buried the victims will never get full justice. Shocking.
It's an absolute fucking disgrace mate. The guy said 6% of priests were abusing kids. That's seriously fucked up and they're still doing it! The justice system is a racket set up to protect the elites.

The whole world over, paedophiles have been regularly exposed for their crimes, and the guilty always treated with revulsion and rightly condemned by all and sundry.
Only in relation to one certain organisation, has condemnation of the beasts in question been routinely labelled as "point scoring".
Nowhere else have foul mouthed apologists rallied round the guilty party on twitter, Facebook and in press comment pages in attempts to divert away attention and to try to underplay and minimise the severity of the crimes.
Nowhere else have people expressing understandable revulsion at revelations of child rape been accused of, in effect, being worse than the people who actually raped kids, and those who actively tried to cover it all up.
It has happened in only one case, by a club who hired a highly priced PR company to cover up the facts, spread malicious rumours to divert away blame, and set the agenda in the pretty much compliant national press.

I give you celtc FC : truly "a club like no other".

Kenny would have known as I have a very good friend who played with Him for a few clubs before they ended up at Celtic and played together and he knew. I’m not saying they knew the sordid details but would have knew something was wrong.

The whole world over, paedophiles have been regularly exposed for their crimes, and the guilty always treated with revulsion and rightly condemned by all and sundry.
Only in relation to one certain organisation, has condemnation of the beasts in question been routinely labelled as "point scoring".
Nowhere else have foul mouthed apologists rallied round the guilty party on twitter, Facebook and in press comment pages in attempts to divert away attention and to try to underplay and minimise the severity of the crimes.
Nowhere else have people expressing understandable revulsion at revelations of child rape been accused of, in effect, being worse than the people who actually raped kids, and those who actively tried to cover it all up.
It has happened in only one case, by a club who hired a highly priced PR company to cover up the facts, spread malicious rumours to divert away blame, and set the agenda in the pretty much compliant national press.

I give you celtc FC : truly "a club like no other".
They are using the same playbook as their church

from their own wiki article

"A crowd of boys used to go to his home all the time. I went once, and that was enough for me. "I saw him beat up a lad who played with the boys' club, but was about 17 and seemed to live with him. "I was horrified to see him slapping his face and punching him, yet the boy did nothing to stop him. "There was always talk around Celtic about Torbett and boys, but nothing seemed to be done until Jock Stein found out. "He kicked Torbett out, but it was still kept quiet. "All the directors and lots of others knew why Torbett got the boot, but it was swept under the carpet."

they knew all right

Agree Renfrew.

Unlike they have done with peoples names eg John Chalmers my own teacher people are innocent until proven guilty in UK and we try to respect that.

I have to say that there are a couple that haven’t been accused but that amazes me so far to be absolutely honest.

A question above all else that I do not understand. If any other business was attacked with such strong claims of being linked to paedophilia. Why are they themselves not taking legal action?

The cats now out the bag.
They are now very much in the containment phase, and trying to manage the fallout as best as they can.
This is why they have a PR company working on their behalf falsifying and inventing spurious reports and spreading them among bheast fans knowing they will enthusiastically spread malicious stories about other clubs involvement in similar.
They will also be desperate to try to buy off some of the more financially challenged victims with bargain basement settlement payments that would possibly slup under the public's radar.
The are being coached on an ongoing basis by the very people who invented these black arts, namely the catholic clergy, who have honed their expertise in such matters for centuries.

If the penalty for tax mismanagement was demotion to league 2 then what should the punishment for decades of facilitating paedophilia, child rape and buggery. Add to that causing continued suffering to the survivors by employing delaying and obfuscation tactics to further put off the inevitable reputational melt down. Surely the only fitting punishment is expulsion? I can honestly say that if the situation was reversed I would not be back at Ibrox until the club had made a serious attempt to hold their hands up and make good on their responsibilities to the victims. And that doesn’t include issuing mealy mouthed statements from the Legal dept expressing “regret”, I know plenty of tims and I’m astonished at how they can just park this issue to the back of their tiny brains. I hope their corporate downfall coincides with us getting our 55th and send the scum back to the Republic of Ireland that they love so much.

If the penalty for tax mismanagement was demotion to league 2 then what should the punishment for decades of facilitating paedophilia, child rape and buggery. Add to that causing continued suffering to the survivors by employing delaying and obfuscation tactics to further put off the inevitable reputational melt down. Surely the only fitting punishment is expulsion? I can honestly say that if the situation was reversed I would not be back at Ibrox until the club had made a serious attempt to hold their hands up and make good on their responsibilities to the victims. And that doesn’t include issuing mealy mouthed statements from the Legal dept expressing “regret”, I know plenty of tims and I’m astonished at how they can just park this issue to the back of their tiny brains. I hope their corporate downfall coincides with us getting our 55th and send the scum back to the Republic of Ireland that they love so much.
This is true. In any normal society any organisation doing what they have done would be dissolved completely and be no more. All its so called achievements in the relevant times would be expunged from the record books and it would be impossible for it to have any place in society, even in any resurrected form. Also those that back the organisation would be treated the same as holocaust deniers, for they are of the same mindset, and be ostracised from decent humanity. This will be difficult because so many of the so called elite in our country are deviants. They have never wanted the ordinary people to know what they get up to.

I'm quite sure I've read on here from other posters that the people of the Republic of Ireland have no time for the plastics and support Man.U. over celtic.

Imagine for a moment or two the response of the mentally challenged fans, their horrible club's officials, their ex-players, their showbiz friends, their mhedia friends - radio, TV, newspapers, bloggers, all round general apologists, various SNP politicians of all levels, rank and file Scottish Natsi party members, and last - but not least - the actual football administrators of the SFA and SPFL, if it was US who had set up and run a boys club with the express aim of turning it into a paedophile ring to be supplied with a never-ending queue of young laddies who only wanted to play fitba, most of them for the team they loved.
You know who they all are - they were very vocal back in the day and still are at the slightest opportunity. (Yet now, to a man and woman, they have uttered not a single word in condemnation at the goings-on at the Knew Camp.)
Just remember all of the above in 2012, and since, sticking it to us whenever the opportunity presents itself, because we used a legal tax system for some players.

Now imagine how much worse would have been their rabid, hateful, self-righteous outpourings if we had been raping kids going back as long as FIFTY YEARS, and doing our utmost to suppress and deny it now, with the help of a shameless, mercenary PR outfit.

They are the scum, and don't let them forget it, especially if they start havering about "point scoring".

Celtc are sitting on Pandoras box, and it's bursting at the seams. They know when it open's there will be no end to what is inside.
Of this there’s is no doubt. However my only issue is there isn’t the same bloodlust as there was for us back in 2011/12 by the media in this country. They are doing everything they can to hide what has happened and the media are complicit in this cover up of the more and more things that are being uncovered.
Your normal person in the street has no idea about this!
Hopefully once the documentaries etc come out it’ll help the victims get justice.

Back