One league of 16 (According to the Sun)

Barrymoped

I just caught a brief blurb on the back of this mornings Sun (so probably sensationalist crap), but they seem to think Doncaster and co have a backup plan in case the lower leagues can’t get going until crowds are allowed back in.

That is, one league of 16, for next season only. Which funnily enough, would include Dundee........just a coincidence I’m sure.

An idea stolen from on here.

The problem will be getting back to 12/14 afterwards. This would never be agreed on anything other than a temporary basis.

I just caught a brief blurb on the back of this mornings Sun (so probably sensationalist crap), but they seem to think Doncaster and co have a backup plan in case the lower leagues can’t get going until crowds are allowed back in.

That is, one league of 16, for next season only. Which funnily enough, would include Dundee........just a coincidence I’m sure.
Have to admit , that at this precise moment in time I’m done with Scottish football .

Who is going to vote for that? I can’t see teams being happy with 4 teams being relegated the season after.

If this is true it’s morally wrong and let’s say Dundee are promoted are Rangers going to vote for this farce and agree to it or as their must be some sort of corruption involved in this or we going to go for Donkey, McKenzie and McLellan.

It’s a disgrace this situation has been allowed to happen where a club has been demoted when the leagues not been finished. Plus potentially no football BCD as the league can’t afford it. Budge messed up big time but this lies with SPFL.

At the end of the day , it’s a tin pot league filled with tin pot clubs being run by a corrupt and inept organisation.

No other country has acted like this. I mean the team relegated is in charge of the reconstruction plans? I mean come on really?

Shameful really. Then we have the Scottish cup fiasco. This is all set up to benefit one club, who have power represented above this.

I actually think if Hamilton finished bottom we wouldn’t be scrambling for this “reconstruction”

How would they build a split into this to guarantee the 4 Old firm games a top 6 giving 40 games and a bottom 10 giving 48 games, what happens at the end of next season 4 teams down it's laughable, only in Scotland could this happen, hope we tell them where to stick it.

If this happens then %^*& we should protest at SPFL offices at hampden (standing 6ft apart of course)!

It's a fucking sham!

16/18 team league is what I would like to see all the time and a big clear out of part time clubs. A rule change should be brought that no club can be part time in any professional division in Scotland, but no one will vote for that. So Scottish Football will forever be stuck in the dark ages with dreadful football and footballers.

My prediction is that nothing will change. Don't believe the spfl can force through a change in structure and the top flight clubs have made it quite clear that they are resistant to change, as we have seen throughout this whole debacle.

Desperate times with cash call for desperate measures. Getting any sort of league going and keeping players in jobs should be the aim. Something far wrong though if Dundee get promotion on a plate whilst putting other functioning clubs to sleep

So they are asking 26 teams not to play next season. Who will cover their overheads.

a 16 team league playing each other oce home/away is 30 games so presume some sort of spit to ensure 4 rangers/ septic games so asking clubs to forego one visit from us/ them and loss the associated income .

can see that being a real-vote winner.

Why not just go the whole hog and have a league of 42?

Corrupt arseholes. After our experience of admin I’d hate to see any club (out with Scotland) go through that, but if enough English clubs fold due to this pandemic I’m praying there’s a way into their league through this and out this corrupt nationalist shitehole.

I’m perfectly aware the last paragraph is pie in the sky stuff but one can hope.

So surely any team that finishes in the bottom
10 would find themselves better off financially given there will be more games? Can you imagine how pathetic it’ll look if say a Motherwell decide they don’t want to finish 5th or 6th because they’ll be financially better off finishing 7th giving themselves another 4 home games.

The whole this is laughable

Absolute joke of a country ....

The mess left in the wake of the corrupt decisions which were made to benefit one club is quite incredible..... yet all the 27 of those clubs in that mess were quite happy to fall into line and blame Rangers for it

Or they push a club further to the brink by making them groundshare.
In fact, that’s what they’ll do. They’d send Ayr to play at Rugby Park on that awful pitch

Amazing the lengths they will go to when it benefits only one club.

Quite incredible actually - I don’t think there’s any other league with a club who holds so much power

Teams will be told there is no prize money / no TV money next season due to costs to pay back for this season. They will be offered a lifeline in the form of a restructured league, they will fall into line and do what they are told.

Restructure.
Sky will want and able to show us and them live when playing at home. They will tell the league clubs that this is the only option to resurrect any prize money / TV money for next season and how they want the bill for last season to be covered.

I hope if they dare try, Rangers can block this. Our season tickets and subs to Rangers TV for those abroad should be the only way to see Rangers live next season at home. I had better not be paying £700 quid for a season ticket for games on sky every other week during the closed doors period.

How would they build a split into this to guarantee the 4 Old firm games a top 6 giving 40 games and a bottom 10 giving 48 games, what happens at the end of next season 4 teams down it's laughable, only in Scotland could this happen, hope we tell them where to stick it.
4 x 4 bud, 36 games

Or as it should be called in Dundee 'The Thirty pieces of Silver League'.
Having said that, it sounds like a totally unworkable load of shite, so the SPFL might just give it a go.

In reality, for the overall benefit of Scottish football in general and by that I mean the production of talented Scottish players, the league should be 16 to 18 teams in my opinion. Any increase shouldn’t be temporary and should be permanent. However, we will dance to TV deals tune.

So is there and details of what split proposal there is? Surely no way bottom 10 play another 2 rounds of fixtures for 48 matches? Or do they play once meaning some clubs have 4 home and 5 away and vice versa. That would be the most Scottish fitba thing ever.

16 clubs sharing the top pot will see the st Johnstone’s, Motherwells and Kilmarnocks getting a lot less from the trough.

Have to admit , that at this precise moment in time I’m done with Scottish football .

It's getting harder and harder to enjoy anything about Scottish football. There have been many times recently I have thought %^*& it I'm done.

I can't turn my back on Rangers though so looks like I am stuck. Best thing that could happen out of all this is a total restructuring of European football.

Interesting article yesterday from Huddersfield chairman worrying that 50-60 English clubs could go bust. That kind of thing would help our cause to get into a British set up

Aye, that'd be the way to silence hearts and get their pals at Dundee up as well.
What a fucking farce, absolute farce!!

In reality, for the overall benefit of Scottish football in general and by that I mean the production of talented Scottish players, the league should be 16 to 18 teams in my opinion. Any increase shouldn’t be temporary and should be permanent. However, we will dance to TV deals tune.
I agree totally also as a fan we play the other 11 teams far to much if you meet them in the cups your playing upto 8 times a season if replays are included adding more teams would increase the variety and keep things in the league fresh

Back