Budge out on a limb at 10.00am tomorrow

I really think huge change is going to be forced on our clubs, Huddersfield owner is saying on the BBC (England) web this morning that the pyramid system in England could collapse and 50-60 clubs could disappear altogether, if this were to happen major change will have to be considered including a British league perhaps. Who knows what is lying ahead.

Only saw a brief summary of what he said and I assume he is talking 50-60 and including clubs in, for example, the National League and not 50-60 out of the 92 clubs in the top 4 divisions.

Scotland has a real problem in terms of the Championship. It’s become clear that most of them don’t want to play without crowds. That will really f*ck over the likes of Hearts,

Since the title was awarded, the message from the SPFL now seems to be that the clubs themselves will have to pay for any liability as a result of court action which suggests to me they will now try and force reconstunction through by threatening that the clubs will be worse off.

Would like to see the club go after doncaster in the courts for his failed corporate governance
Rangers should put a resolution forward for the clubs to decide whether to have an independent enquiry into the SPFL governance, fully funded by Rangers, or choose to have it examined in court, and end up paying not only their costs but Rangers too.
I doubt very much whether the clubs would decide to defend Dumbo, Shifty and Fat Rod.
Even these guys would fall on their swords rather than have their behaviour exposed.

If she’s talking to second tier teams about starting the season then she’s not going to court, she’s accepted their fate.
Plus the reason for the winter break is the players are too tired, too many games. ( they obviously have never played amateur).
So reduce the number of games to 30. Job done. But no , we want a split in a 16 team league. That is the speciality of the Scot, the ability to feck things up.

How can a split with a bottom 10 work? That would be a 48 game season.
Said in another thread that what they will do is home and away twice then split. 30 games.
Top 6 play each other home and away. Another 10 games.
Bottom 10 play each other once. 39 games.
Guess positions in league will determine who plays who at home but will be done to ensure each club gets 4 or 5 home games.
Sounds mental imho.

As do I. Doncaster has done what he was told in ending the season to give that mob a bogus title. The SPFL will allow Hearts to stay up, especially if it avoids litigation.
This is an interesting point bp, I would like to know how Hearts think they can stay up after all they were relegated, would Dundee not be going up with ICT, where does Ayr fit in to this. These teams were in the playoff places, so a 14 team top league is certainly not going to benefit Dundee or Ayr if Hearts stay up, so why would these teams vote for it or any of the other championship clubs. If they vote for this, then quite clearly they must be getting something from Liewell, will this vote be even legal, there are serious questions to be asked here.

The 16 team solution, in whatever format, might have a chance as we might only have 16 teams that actually want to play. It would only ever be sanctioned on a temporary basis though (Sky) and that’s where the problem lies - getting it back down to 12 or 14.

Its not going to happen.

Last edited:
Its a sporting travesty that this is happening, forgo all the gnashing of teeth, Hearts do not deserve this from a corrupt SPFL board. They should fight it all the way and we should back them, as should others.

More than happy to see this club go down.

Just remember the support you gave us, ye bunch of shitebags.....

Its a sporting travesty that this is happening, forgo all the gnashing of teeth, Hearts do not deserve this from a corrupt SPFL board. They should fight it all the way and we should back them, as should others.
Fair enough they don’t deserve it much like Timmy being awarded a league they don’t deserve.With that in mind why did she shit it?They were promised league reconstruction they led the talks a blind man could see it was not going to pass.Was she that stupid?

I was told by a reasonable source who's close to HMFC that as of 5pm on Friday, Hearts were confident they had enough votes.

It’s a ‘leak’ that hasn’t filtered through to Hearts fans then because Kickback is still all about Court cases or potential Armageddon. I’m kinda hoping for the best of both Worlds - Hearts take on and bring down the SPFL Ltd but go bust themselves in the process. A man can dream.

Won't support Budge but this guy's all over the place on what he actually wants

Lachlan Cameron indicates Ayr won't vote for a 14-team Premiership

Ayr United chairman Lachlan Cameron insists a 20-team Championship would be "ideal" ahead of a new reconstruction proposal.

Ann Budge is expected to hand over her plans for a revamped SPFL this week as the Hearts chair aims to save her club from relegation.

But Cameron insists he won't vote for Budge's resolution unless the top two leagues see large-scale expansion.

The Ayr supremo reckons it's imperative that the Championship is expanded to avoid teams facing each other four times in a season.

Speaking to Sky Sports, he said: "Going to 14, to me, if it's just a temporary fix I don't think that's appropriate.

"I don't like 14 much more than I like 12, and 16 is okay but I don't think it's much better than that.

"The best case scenario would be to have a league of 18 or 20 but I don't see that happening.

"Now that could be a possibility down in the Championship and I think that would be ideal, I think it would be great to have a 20-team Championship.

They aren’t reporting anything different to what I’ve said mate. In fact that article is simply a revamp of my posts. :)I’ve always maintained that any change in numbers and/or prize money distribution needs 90% in favour in the Premiership. Sounds like she’s proposing prize money changes as part of her plan. Madness. It will get nowhere.

Here‘s a c&p of what I’ve said consistently:

I’ve summarised the Articles below.

A change to the League structure that involves a variation, up or down, from the 42 club figure or which involves a redistribution of the prize money - requires 90% approval from the Premiership clubs (11-1). It is classed as a Qualified Resolution. And 75% approval in each of the other two voting blocks.

However, any change that sees the number of clubs remain at 42 - however they are structured - and requires no change in the prize money would be deemed an Ordinary Resolution or a Members Resolution. As such it would require 75% approval from Premiership clubs, 75% approval from Championship clubs and 75% approval from the combined League 1/2 clubs.

Same as the Rangers Members Resolution recently.

If the clubs agree on a reconstruction model that sees the total number of clubs remain at 42 and no changes to the prize money distribution then it only requires the 75% approval from each of the three voting blocks. Anything else (numbers/money) and it’s 90% in the Premiership.

mate you must be fed up quoting this I 100% understand but look at their quote

On top of that, they will also need a combined total of 75 per cent of clubs from across the Premiership and Championship - that’s 16 out of 22 clubs - to take their side.

Where are they getting this part from combined. As the article reads 75% of the championship.

ie they need 11 premierships and 8 championship = 19 clubs from 22 for 11/1 vote in premier

or
they need 9 premierships and 8 championship = 17 clubs from 22 for 75% vote in premier

Last edited:
Why would the Championship clubs vote to save the watery farts. If they’re doing well they will take maybe 6000 to places like Dunfermline , Dundee and Raith Rovers. Bye Bye Hearts

mate you must be fed up quoting this I 100% understand but look at their quote

On top of that, they will also need a combined total of 75 per cent of clubs from across the Premiership and Championship - that’s 16 out of 22 clubs - to take their side.

Where are they getting this part from combined. As the article reads 75% of the championship.

ie they need 11 premierships and 8 championship = 19 clubs from 22 for 11/1 vote in premier

or
they need 9 premierships and 8 championship = 17 clubs from 22 for 75% vote in premier

Got you now mate, I missed that bit. Basically, that is bullshit. Bullshit on a par with much of the reporting of what was required on the Rangers Resolution. Regardless of whether it’s a Qualified Resolution (requiring 90% support in the Premiership) OR a Members Resolution (requiring 75% support in the Premiership) the remaining votes stay the same. It’s 75% approval in the Championship and 75% approval from the combined League 1/2 clubs.

We’ve always known the media play fast and loose in order to show our Club in a bad light but the last few weeks has also shown that they are just not very good at their job. They get even the simplest of facts incorrect. 15 minutes reading the SPFL Articles - and I know you’ve done that yourself - makes it clear what the voting requirements are. That report about a combined figure for Premiership/Championship is incorrect.

Got you now mate, I missed that bit. Basically, that is bullshit. Bullshit on a par with much of the reporting of what was required on the Rangers Resolution. Regardless of whether it’s a Qualified Resolution (requiring 90% support in the Premiership) OR a Members Resolution (requiring 75% support in the Premiership) the remaining votes stay the same. It’s 75% approval in the Championship and 75% approval from the combined League 1/2 clubs.

We’ve always known the media play fast and loose in order to show our Club in a bad light but the last few weeks has also shown that they are just not very good at their job. They get even the simplest of facts incorrect. 15 minutes reading the SPFL Articles - and I know you’ve done that yourself - makes it clear what the voting requirements are. That report about a combined figure for Premiership/Championship is incorrect.

I have read another journalist write this also. And I have read chairman who seems they dont understand their own member's rules. Not the first time audio clips have chairman asking the reporter for confirmation. So many writing false information just confuses everyone. I am sure I read this nonsense on the BBC but not go the time to trawl through it.

Just to add to this, even if the combined was true, they still cant even count. As you cant get 0.5 a club so it goes up to 17. (75% of 22).

Last edited:
Courts are running.

We have satellite courts currently (one court running an area rather than several).

Civil action etc are only allowed if Interdicts, Anti-social behavior orders etc are in the action and its for the safe guard of the pursuer.

The courts indicate to start up from next week, with this week having a relaxation in more cases.

However this can change depending on Scottish Government rules.

Getting an interdict would be very difficult for any of the teams as the courts would not see it as an urgent matter, but with the coming weeks we could see action being raised if a team wants it.

I have read another journalist write this also. And I have read chairman who seems they dont understand their own member's rules. Not the first time audio clips have chairman asking the reporter for confirmation. So many writing false information just confuses everyone. I am sure I read this nonsense on the BBC but not go the time to trawl through it.

Its just shoddy, shoddy reporting. For example, this bit:

"Across all four divisions Hearts would need to secure the support of 32 of Scotland’s 42 clubs."

More bollocks. They could have all 20 clubs in League 1/2 vote for a proposal, plus all 10 in the Championship plus 2 in the Premiership to give them 32 out of 42 clubs. The Resolution still fails.

The voting requirements are as I've described them. No alteration to the 42 club total and no change in prize money distribution = 75% in each of the three voting blocks. Anything other than that requires 90% approval from the Premiership and 75% approval in the other two voting blocks.

Its just shoddy, shoddy reporting. For example, this bit:

"Across all four divisions Hearts would need to secure the support of 32 of Scotland’s 42 clubs."

More bollocks. They could have all 20 clubs in League 1/2 vote for a proposal, plus all 10 in the Championship plus 2 in the Premiership to give them 32 out of 42 clubs. The Resolution still fails.

The voting requirements are as I've described them. No alteration to the 42 club total and no change in prize money distribution = 75% in each of the three voting blocks. Anything other than that requires 90% approval from the Premiership and 75% approval in the other two voting blocks.

yep if adding teams or changing money allocation then 40 clubs voting for out of the 42 could see it fail if the 2 are in the premier.

The media tea and sympathy narrative for Hearts since last week, and the silence from the SPFL who could have nipped this nonsense in the bud, could well be the sign for this nonsense to be allowed. In effect, it looks like a null and void season with no relegation, but with the corruption of handing that mob a League title.

Choreographed to perfection.

IF Rangers have 28 days to vote, take the 28 days.

if they had any balls at all the would go the court route straight off and expose the sham spfl big wigs but no one cares about cheating refs,vote fixing,bribery,bullying and the like .
only thing they care about is themselves ,not scottish football as a whole so I have no sympathy at all for them .all quiet content to boot us down the leagues in 2012 and more than content now as well to accept the fixing of the title ,as long as they stayed up .
if her super duper plan is shot down(heres hoping :)) ) ,it will be interesting to see if she has the stomach for real action rather than the constant pleading of save us save us it's not fair that we've heard from them over the last couple of weeks .reap what you sow tarts

if they had any balls at all the would go the court route straight off and expose the sham spfl big wigs but no one cares about cheating refs,vote fixing,bribery,bullying and the like .
only thing they care about is themselves ,not scottish football as a whole so I have no sympathy at all for them .all quiet content to boot us down the leagues in 2012 and more than content now as well to accept the fixing of the title ,as long as they stayed up .
if her super duper plan is shot down(heres hoping :)) ) ,it will be interesting to see if she has the stomach for real action rather than the constant pleading of save us save us it's not fair that we've heard from them over the last couple of weeks .reap what you sow tarts

Forget the corrupt vote. If Dundee really wanting reconstruction then they would have voted no. And said they would only vote yes if reconstruction was part of the next vote. Why they voted yes shows they were doing so for another reason.

Same with Hearts, if they wanted to stay in the premiership they would have went legal and got a forensic audit on the dundee vote. What they are doing now is similar to what I believe Dundee got. Waiting for some kind of reward for accepting corruption.

I am not a vindictive person, but for years I have listened to Watery Farts singing and laughing about Huns, Sevco, Yer team's deid etc, and I have now lost all sympathy for a club I once respected.
Now it appears Doncaster must be hung like a donkey as well as looking like one. Budge touched her toes for him, and he paid her with a rubber cheque. Now she wants to go back for another one and to join the Corruption Club. Well, phuck her and all who sail in her.

The media tea and sympathy narrative for Hearts since last week, and the silence from the SPFL who could have nipped this nonsense in the bud, could well be the sign for this nonsense to be allowed. In effect, it looks like a null and void season with no relegation, but with the corruption of handing that mob a League title.
For the first vote the narrative from the press was each club has to do the best for themselves and self interest is what counts - now that celtic and the spfl got what they wanted out of that-everyone is now being told we must think of the greater good of Scottish football and help each other out - shameless

There wasting valuable time here imo they should have went straight down the legal route the moment the league was called.

Reconstruction will never happen it's a smokescreen tactic.

For the first vote the narrative from the press was each club has to do the best for themselves and self interest is what counts - now that celtic and the spfl got what they wanted out of that-everyone is now being told we must think of the greater good of Scottish football and help each other out - shameless

Exactly. It is corruption personified.

Fair enough they don’t deserve it much like Timmy being awarded a league they don’t deserve.With that in mind why did she shit it?They were promised league reconstruction they led the talks a blind man could see it was not going to pass.Was she that stupid?

Agree mate - but this stitch up has always had enough voting power to carry it through, so even if she stood her ground she couldn't muster the support to swing the decision. Her only option is to go legal and always was, but it would need the likes of Thistle and Stranraer to back them up.

QUOTE="Harrogate Bluenose, post: 6119529, member: 15562"]
Forget the corrupt vote. If Dundee really wanting reconstruction then they would have voted no. And said they would only vote yes if reconstruction was part of the next vote. Why they voted yes shows they were doing so for another reason.

Same with Hearts, if they wanted to stay in the premiership they would have went legal and got a forensic audit on the dundee vote. What they are doing now is similar to what I believe Dundee got. Waiting for some kind of reward for accepting corruption.
[/QUOTE]

Dundee were allowed/encouraged to play the game with a carrot dangled. Quite what that carrot was may never be clearly established. What is clear however is there was one club, who if they had a clear conscience, would have been demanding an independent review of the vote process.

I don't quite believe Budge is a stupid person. She's clearly had success is her business dealings outside of Hearts and good on her for that.

I do, however, think that she is far too naive and trusting for the arena she now finds herself in. Time and time again she falls for the carrot dangled in front of her, taking the SPFL at face value when they've already proven that's a mistake, and never seems to learn. They are leading her another merry dance, and will allow her to believe salvation is possible just long enough to put off legal action, at which point oh no, it looks like talks have collapsed again. What a surprise!

I'm very glad to have Douglas Park and co in charge right now, who have shown that whatever else, they aren't going to dangle on Peter's strings.

She's going to need her lawyer's number on speed-dial I think.

Ann Budge could be left marooned on Monday as she battles to save Hearts from the catastrophic consequences of relegation.

The Tynecastle owner will take part in a 10am conference call with nine other Championship clubs to discuss whether or not Scotland’s second tier might be able to get up and running next season behind closed doors after being shut down by the coronavirus crisis.

Budge hopes to persuade them that the game can be re-started without fans but Record Sport understands the majority of those clubs are already convinced they cannot afford to play games until the government has given the green light for supporters to return to stadia.

That will ramp up the urgency of Budge’s attempts to reconstruct the SPFL and her proposal for a new look set up is also expected to be circulated around all of Scotland’s 42 clubs today.

As we revealed on Saturday, a number of sympathetic top flight clubs have privately pledged to support Budge’s proposals and vote to keep Hearts in an extended Premiership.

But we have also learned that the odds are stacking up heavily against the chances of any emergency reconstruction getting off the ground with one club chairman telling us: “It’s not a vote Ann needs - it’s more like a miracle.”

Any plan which proposes changes to the current payment structure to clubs in a new look league will require almost universal support, including 11 out of 12 top flight clubs.

And it’s almost certain that any attempt to restructure the top division without amending those payments would be doomed to fail from the start.

One source explained: “The prize money due to the club finishing 12th in Premiership is a great deal more than it would be for a club finishing in 14th place. In principle, who is going to vote for a reconstruction which could potentially see their own income fall?

“That’s why the payment amounts would almost certainly have to change if Hearts are to have any chance of getting this proposal through. The trouble is when the payments change, so too does the threshold of votes required.”

It is likely then that Hearts will need 11 top flight clubs to back Budge’s plan, even though six of them ganged up earlier this month to scupper previous reconstruction talks.

Across all four divisions Hearts would need to secure the support of 32 of Scotland’s 42 clubs.

Scottish football is full of self centred back stabbing mentally challenged bastards

Are you sure about that.

Yes , we have our poker face on and have a Royal Flush but our problem is no one wants to play.
I mean what do Killie, StJohnstone, St Mirren, Hamilton etc get out of the game? They’re all happy to plod on. Corruption in the game doesn’t matter to them. No one else out with us and the poets are going to win the league.
There is no appetite to upset the status quo.

Aye United gaffer on Sky News pouring cold water on Ann Budge's proposal and a few other alternatives.
Seemed to suggest all other championship clubs were in agreement with him.
Sounds very much like he sees the status quo as prevailing.
C'mon Budgie, time to lawyer up if he is right.

Courts are running.

We have satellite courts currently (one court running an area rather than several).

Civil action etc are only allowed if Interdicts, Anti-social behavior orders etc are in the action and its for the safe guard of the pursuer.

The courts indicate to start up from next week, with this week having a relaxation in more cases.

However this can change depending on Scottish Government rules.

Getting an interdict would be very difficult for any of the teams as the courts would not see it as an urgent matter, but with the coming weeks we could see action being raised if a team wants it.

If the potential claim is estimated to have a £100k + sum contested Ithink that The Court Of Session would adjudicate on the Interim Interdict.

Back