Rangers Megastore refit

Is it possible to also have “pop up” stores at each end of the stadium as well?
Will also encourage sales on match day.
Schalke have this at the Veltins. Basically the side of a lorry opened up. We all bought tops/scarfs for the game we went to from there and it was constantly busy for the hour before ko we were at the ground having beers (also a pop up stand).

I reckon most big clubs in Europe have stadiums built slap bang in the middle of shiteholes to be fair.

You can obviously exclude the clubs with fairly new stadiums of course.

I'm struggling to think of one I've been to recently that's not been in a shitehole/retail or industrial park out of town.

Will the Elite pop up store be removed from outside of the Louden?

I would imagine if elite owned the actual parts to make the pop up they will take that back but dont think there should be any reason castore?rangers can open a new one.

As well as there Id obviously like to see a few others dotted around the 4 sides of the stadium.

As others have said a lot of the german and english teams do this on matchdays to sell everyday items like kit and polos, due to the capacity restraints in our shop this is an ideal way to maximise revenue so absolute no brainer.

You sound angry that we’re upgrading our facilities?
Not angry at all, the new retail set up looks very promising after the years of SD crap. But the shop will not be there in a couple of years and I just feel that wasting £250k is a bit off and could be put to a far better and more permanent use.

I think in a couple of years the megastore as is will not be there, it will never be fit for purpose. £20k to refurbish it short term is enough.

Spending serious cash on the shop at the current time is crazy.

20k?

What area do you work in where you think you're getting a design and refit for that level of money?

People spend that on kitchens for a domestic house in an area 1/10th of the size of the Megastore floorplate.

It's quite hilarious to see figures like 20k suggested. You'd be lucky to get the internal and external signage done for that cost before you even touch the fabric of the area.

If you put 4 shop fitters, a spark, a heating engineer and two apprentices in that site for three weeks you'd have blown your budget on labour before you purchase a single item of material or have actually employed anyone to design the new layout.

Clueless.

Last edited:
I don’t see the need for as many as 4 portacabins selling merch dotted around the stadium and I doubt it will happen.

What people are forgetting here is that on a match day, we have over 45k season ticket holders. Nearly 90% of the attendance are people who go each week. People aren’t going to buy gear every time they go to Ibrox for a game.

The reason clubs like Chelsea and Arsenal have them is because their home attendance have a lot of tourists going to the games.

I don’t see the need for as many as 4 portacabins selling merch dotted around the stadium and I doubt it will happen.

What people are forgetting here is that on a match day, we have over 45k season ticket holders. Nearly 90% of the attendance are people who go each week. People aren’t going to buy gear every time they go to Ibrox for a game.

The reason clubs like Chelsea and Arsenal have them is because their home attendance have a lot of tourists going to the games.

I do get what you are saying regarding the big english clubs and its 100% correct, Ive been down to arsenal, Man U and chelsea recently and the amount of tourists and even people flying in specifically for games is unbelievable.

But Ive also been to a couple of smaller english games and german games and they also utilise pop up 'shops' (often these are mobile style and can easily be set up/moved) to supplement their main club stores and with what I seen they are still busy with people buying merch.

Maybe having them at the 4 ends of our stadium it OTT but if they are low cost to implement then we should be looking at it to see if its worthwhile, I know that every 2nd or 3rd game I would have a wee mosey at the louden pop up to see what they had and must have bought 3 or 4 times from it and Im a season ticket holder.

More chance of kids asking for stuff if they walk past somewhere selling our gear + you have potentially the non season ticket holders which a % of will be different people for each game.

The Rangers support has been crying out for 7-8 years to be able to go out and buy Rangers branded product and know that a good percentage will go back into the club, we need to give them/us every opportunity to do this.

Saw an artists impression of the Edmiston House this morning, think it came from that project manager. Looked very impressive.

Looks like it will be called “Rangers Fan Hub”.
Where did you see this?

Saw an artists impression of the Edmiston House this morning, think it came from that project manager. Looked very impressive.

Get pictures up mate

If its the PM who got sacked you'd be as well posting them.

If its a new PM then keep them to yourself and let the guy keep his job.

Get them posted

Looking at the area I’d assume there must be scope to add a second floor! Unless there is something I’m missing structure wise.

Does anyone have any decent pictures of what the megastore looks like inside because it’s genuinely been about 9 years since I’ve been in it.

Not angry at all, the new retail set up looks very promising after the years of SD crap. But the shop will not be there in a couple of years and I just feel that wasting £250k is a bit off and could be put to a far better and more permanent use.
I am willing to bet you it will be there well beyond. It ties in with the new Edminston house build. Both are up there with the best facilities in the UK, and will bring in plenty dough from tourists and supporters alike.

Last edited:
The thing is a lot of third and second generation Americans will be getting older and want to travel to Govan and the surrounding areas because that's where their ancestral roots are . We need to be ready for them in fact i don't know why as based in Ibrox Govan we don't trawl the american market for this. Get them over with the Rangers travel company get money, and then give them a tour of Ibrox , Sub contract the tour of Govan somewhere like the Fairfield museum and last stop Rangers shop. A museum is a must at Ibrox as well. Instead of selling the Albion set up a Rangers restaurant. Turn it into a Rangers village like Man City or does our club not have the same ambition. This is not a dig at the club it is constructive conversation.

Not really. They just go hand in hand. The new build has retail space too and both are top notch. They aren’t “stop gaps” or temporary builds like this guy seems to think :)

Nae bother mate, to be honest I didnt think for one minute we would be having castore spending £250k to refurb the megastore for only 1-2 years and then ripping it up to start again with a bar/cafe etc.

I think in a couple of years the megastore as is will not be there, it will never be fit for purpose. £20k to refurbish it short term is enough.

That 250k investment will return a profit within a month.

Even if it does become a ticket office within a couple of years, Rangers and Castore will make money from it.

Can you please at least point people in the direction of where they can see it mate?

20k?

What area do you work in where you think you're getting a design and refit for that level of money?

People spend that on kitchens for a domestic house in an area 1/10th of the size of the Megastore floorplate.

It's quite hilarious to see figures like 20k suggested. You'd be lucky to get the internal and external signage done for that cost before you even touch the fabric of the area.

If you put 4 shop fitters, a spark, a heating engineer and two apprentices in that site for three weeks you'd have blown your budget on labour before you purchase a single item of material or have actually employed anyone to design the new layout.

Clueless.
Marketing and the point is I don't want to see a design and refit for any level of money. The shop is a red herring, no use nor fit for purpose apart from very, very short term. Spending £250k on it is money flushed down the toilet when we are going to build a new store 100 metres away.

Clueless is putting 4 shop fitters, a spark, a heating engineer and two apprentices in that site for three weeks when a few cosmetics and a carpet will do. Clueless is also believing that because Castore is spending it then it will not cost us.

The 80's megastore is dead, put the paddles away and don't try and revive it. Look forward, at least 100m.

Marketing and the point is I don't want to see a design and refit for any level of money. The shop is a red herring, no use nor fit for purpose apart from very, very short term. Spending £250k on it is money flushed down the toilet when we are going to build a new store 100 metres away.

Clueless is putting 4 shop fitters, a spark, a heating engineer and two apprentices in that site for three weeks when a few cosmetics and a carpet will do. Clueless is also believing that because Castore is spending it then it will not cost us.

The 80's megastore is dead, put the paddles away and don't try and revive it. Look forward, at least 100m.
How is it money flushed down the toilet when it will easily pay for itself in a matter of months?

Even if it is only short term, its worth it.

By the sounds of things it looks like we may have new retail space on the edmiston house site AND a brand new refurbished club store/shop adjoined to our stadium.

Whats not to like.

Do you know if the building is being knocked down and started from scratch?

Or is it a renovation of the existing building?

You say 80's megastores are dead yet you want to put a carpet in a new one...

By the sounds of things it looks like we may have new retail space on the edmiston house site AND a brand new refurbished club store/shop adjoined to our stadium.

Whats not to like.
I don't know what he is whining about, we aren't even paying for it hahaha.

Plus how does the shop has no use? It will literally be packed every match day now.

Schalke have this at the Veltins. Basically the side of a lorry opened up. We all bought tops/scarfs for the game we went to from there and it was constantly busy for the hour before ko we were at the ground having beers (also a pop up stand).
I like the idea of selling scarves etc so that the money from these goes to the club instead of the people selling them.
I always wanted to pedestrianise Edmiston between Copland and Broomloan for club owned and ran pop up shops and food outlets.
The street vendors and food vans must take a pretty penny each game from our fans.

I reckon most big clubs in Europe have stadiums built slap bang in the middle of shiteholes to be fair.

You can obviously exclude the clubs with fairly new stadiums of course.
The only club in Scotland sited in a reasonable area is probably Kilmarnock.

They’ll get their money back in about a year.

One of the food kiosks in each of the stands, lower and upper decks. Could be utilised as a pop up shop, tbh some of the grub tastes like poly cotton.
We should be looking to expand catering aswell see if we can get the big fast food suppliers involved with kiosks around the stadium

Back