Premier League back on 17th June

Correct call but the English game isn’t run by corrupt individuals who’s aim is to cosy up to a certain club and %^*& everyone over to keep them happy.

As others have said, it just add another layer of embarrassment to the sh1tshow that is the Scottish League. No reason why we couldn't have been aiming for the same result.

On another note, has it been said if every game will be live like the Bundesliga?

The EPL have and will do everything to get their league complete and won fairly. The SPFL done everything to have our league finished without completion. What a backward and corrupt country we have

No reason football here could not have restarted on the same date.

We all know why it was curtailed in reality but I would genuinely question if teams up here could afford the testing provisions required.

From what you read of the German setup it’s not a small amount per club and we have some amount of skint jobber teams in this league.

In saying that it’s probably cheaper than paying Sky/BT money back or giving them free sponsorship to compensate for the obsession with giving Them a tainted title.

Why are they starting up again?

Surely the best and fairest way is to hand Liverpool the title and let Norwich, Villa and Bournemouth reconstruct the leagues so they don’t go down.....:rolleyes:

They could also have put the bottom of the table team in charge of the League reconstruction. What could be wrong in that ?

No question court action now needs to be done asking why we are not back playing on the 17th BCD. UEFA surely will be questioning why were not able to play on this same fooking island. I hope they refuse the vermin entry to champions league

Why were they in such a rush to end the Scottish season? Cough cough!

Premier League to restart on 17 June with Man City v Arsenal and Villa v Sheff Utd https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52833725
So if this is correct we are 7 days behind England in the pandemic so we should be starting 24th June, why the rush to hand titles out? The games could have been finished mid July then new seson started a couple of weeks later?

As others have said, it just add another layer of embarrassment to the sh1tshow that is the Scottish League. No reason why we couldn't have been aiming for the same result.

On another note, has it been said if every game will be live like the Bundesliga?

They haven't stated anything yet on the broadcasting side but I am sure they plan to do it

Between Sky and BT they have 47 games left to show out of the 92

Might allow BBC and Amazon Prime to show some as they are right holders to the EPL

Sky Sports already have deal to show delayed transmission of games

The SPFL are a fcuking joke and the 3 mentally challenged wanks need removing ASAP they just couldn’t wait to give the scum their tainted title and yet our board are keeping quiet on this they better start if Hearts are kept in the Premiership and not relegated.

The line that'll get trotted out up here is that clubs can't afford the twice weekly (or whatever frequency is deemed as necessary) testing of all players and staff and we can't afford to play games behind closed doors. Just makes the SPFL look like a total amateur, diddy, league, which we all know it is.

So the EPL will have games being played only 70 miles from the Scottish Border and yet the SPFL never attempted to finish the league?

Uefa will have a lot more to say about this if potentially the majority of leagues around Europe start back up while the SPFL called an end to the season in May.

In the interests of sporting integrity the nonce should be told to forfeit the CL place and give it to a team that actually earned it on the pitch.

So the EPL will have games being played only 70 miles from the Scottish Border and yet the SPFL never attempted to finish the league?

Uefa will have a lot more to say about this if potentially the majority of leagues around Europe start back up while the SPFL called an end to the season in May.

In the interests of sporting integrity the nonce should be told to forfeit the CL place and give it to a team that actually earned it on the pitch.

UEFA do not give a flying %^*& about the Scottish league, think you are in for a surprise if you are expecting any different.

The number one reason the league was ended early was to give clubs a lifeline... And hand out vital money from the 9million or so.... But yet all we've seen is clubs releasing player after player so what was the difference. That mob have been gifted next seasons champion league money and our board sit and say nothing. If clubs are struggling to keep players the now what's it going to be like when the season starts... They'll be no competition from any teams next season paving the way for them to win a 10th title.... And they all know it.

They tried to bury us during the tax case... Made sure we were out the way so they could dominate without competition from anyone, they got champions league money year after year... They didn't have to spend big bucks as no one came close to challenging them...
So much for the big 25th may deadline from uefa.....

Corrupt to the core but let's just sit back and accept it

Most including us would not play behind closed doors ...

The start of the "new season" in August will be BCD as well so today's decision should see questions asked of Doncaster and the SPFL as to why they were so desperate to call the league so early.

We still have a game against Leverkusen to play that we might have to go into having no prep whatsoever and they've been back playing for a couple of weeks. What was already a hard game may have been made impossible.

I had a look at my football app for the fixtures.

If it's correct Football is returning in Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Hungary, Norway, Poland, Portugal and Romania.

Most of these leagues are poorer than ours.

As much as I absolutely didn’t agree with what’s happened with our league, be more interesting to see when the lower leagues down south start up as in all fairness given the cash/infrastructure in the EPL I don’t think it’s a fair comparison to up here.

Can we appeal the decision to call the league?
Why was it done so quickly when other leagues are now opening back up?
IMO the early call was was made because, the was/is no certainty that the EPL could be completed, and Liverpool had said they would be reluctant to accept the title in this scenario.
The SPFL made the early decision, so that they would not be faced with "awarding" the Mhankies a title after the EPL refused do so.

I had a look at my football app for the fixtures.

If it's correct Football is returning in Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Hungary, Norway, Poland, Portugal and Romania.

Most of these leagues are poorer than ours.
Unbelieavable !!

The start of the "new season" in August will be BCD as well so today's decision should see questions asked of Doncaster and the SPFL as to why they were so desperate to call the league so early.

We still have a game against Leverkusen to play that we might have to go into having no prep whatsoever and they've been back playing for a couple of weeks. What was already a hard game may have been made impossible.

will we agree to that we were one of the first to say no ?

It’s actually laughable the carry on we had to endure here to make sure they were awarded the title.
I never thought it was possible but this makes their title even more tainted.

As much as I absolutely didn’t agree with what’s happened with our league, be more interesting to see when the lower leagues down south start up as in all fairness given the cash/infrastructure in the EPL I don’t think it’s a fair comparison to up here.
All leagues below league 1 have concluded so only league 1, championship and prem league to go

will we agree to that we were one of the first to say no ?

I think at the time we were probably right to say no as the impact of the virus was predicted to be much worse.

However, given that leagues around Europe and the EPL are getting back underway, then we should now be shouting from the rooftops that the nonsense of the last 2 months has all been for nothing and the SPFL should have been looking at restarting the season instead of the Reconstruction fudge that they are currently working on.

When Scottish Football gets started again it will be BCD, that's a certainty

The bigots "running" football in Scotland are ruining our game so that their corrupt club looks successful. They don't care that our leagues are completely embarrassing to the rest of the world. Scotland couldn't look more amateurish if these thieves tried.

Back