Kenny Miller

bluenizzy

After Rangers:

Kenny Miller initially signed for Rangers in a £2m deal from Hibernian in 2000. He would go on to have three spells at the club, winning many titles along the way. He left the club for the last time in 2018.

Kenny Miller

Rangers (38 apps/11 goals)
Wolves (172 apps/63 goals)
- 02/03 Championship Play Off
Them (45 apps/11 goals)
- 06/07 Premier League
- 06/07 Scottish Cup
Derby County (33 apps/6 goals)
Rangers (106 apps/56 goals)
- 08/09, 09/10 & 10/11 Premier League
- 08/09 Scottish Cup
- 08/09 League Cup Runner Up
- 09/10 League Cup
- 10/11 Premier League Golden Boot
Bursaspor (15 apps/5 goals)
Cardiff City (50 apps/11 goals)
- 11/12 League Cup Runner Up
Vancouver Whitecaps (45 apps/13 goals)
- 12 & 13 Voyagers Cup Runner Up
- 13 & 14 Cascadia Cup
Rangers (154 apps/49 goals)
- 15/16 Championship
- 15/16 Challenge Cup
- 15/16 Scottish Cup Runner Up
- 16/17 Rangers Supporters’ Player of Year
- 16/17 Players’ Player of the Year
- 16/17 Rangers Goal of the Season
Livingston (7 apps/1 goal)
Dundee (35 apps/8 goals)
Partick Thistle (32 apps/10 goals)
Scotland (69 caps/18 goals)
- 99/00 SPFA Young Player of the Year
- Scottish FA International Roll of Honour

Miller retired from playing in January 2020. He is now assistant manager of Australian A-League club Newcastle Jets.

Kenny Miller the player, had a better than average career. Scored some great goals and was involved in some big moments for us.

Kenny Miller the man, had some questionable moments and judgement calls.

I’m caught in two minds with him in all honesty. Always has plenty to say when sometimes it would be better to say nothing.

The fact he played with the mentally challengeds probably means he'll never get the same recognition as he would've done otherwise and that's probably right.

He's already said he bitterly regrets making the move.

However, nobody could ever question his commitment and effort every time he pulled on the Royal Blue Jersey.

Very few Rangers players have put the mentally challengeds to the sword more than Kenny.

He certainly cared a lot more than some so called big Rangers men.

A fabulous striker at his peak and a very good one even when he was past the peak.

Great player. Could generally feel safe to stick a bet on him scoring against the scum.

would rather have had another year from Miller than signing Lafferty and Sadiq. He’d have still been good for 10-15 goals that season.

I just really wish he had never signed for them. WHY DID YE DAE IT, KENNY?!

Funnily enough in his second spell he often done a lot of the "donkey work" for Boyd, Jelavic etc but it was the most productive for him in terms of goals to games.

I've never hidden my love of Kenny, if more players from this country had his attitude towards training and high demands of always wanting to win Scotland would be a far better footballing nation

The "Oh My God, You Signed Kenny" South Park banner at the piggery was hilarious. Especially considering how he scored in the match and they failed to handle him.

Some assist from Boruc, played the ball straight to his feet!!!

Superfit guy. Saw him running around the palace grounds in Hamilton the other week and he was going some pace. He maybe didn't keep sensible company but he certainly lived like a professional in other ways

He had an incredible work ethic which reflected in how for he was, to ven n his late 30s.

The tim thing sullies it for me, sorry, it just does.

Incredible career, brilliant professional and someone who could always be counted on in the big games.

Doesn't deserve HoF consideration imo. And I'm saying that as someone who's a fan

His spell with the beasts can't be overlooked and will always be a huge black mark on him.

That said he always stood up and was counted with us. He was on fire at points in his second spell, and I recall being all out against him returning.

Even during the Murty and Pedro shitshows, he was demanding a benchmark expected of Rangers when nobody else was.

The "Oh My God, You Signed Kenny" South Park banner at the piggery was hilarious. Especially considering how he scored in the match and they failed to handle him.

Absolutely loved that game. The fact he couldn't hit a barn door when he played for them and had a terrible scoring record and then he goes back there and bangs them in was perfect.

No doubt playing for the mentally challengeds will leave him forever tainted. I didn’t want him back after that but he won me over on the pitch, we were a batter team with Kenny Miller in it.

Great servant, his entire family are good bears, from tranent i think ? so how ended up there ill never know but hes hinted on that himself, end of day he was a great player for us & its a shame how it ended that day at hampden.

I remember the next day there was a photo of the banner lying in the stands having been flung away by the rhabid who made it. Probs after he scored his first goal against them that day lol

Kenny Miller the player, had a better than average career. Scored some great goals and was involved in some big moments for us.

I’m caught in two minds with him in all honesty. Always has plenty to say when sometimes it would be better to say nothing.

Was the way I felt about him too... always put himself forward as a leader, who was forthright in their views. However, sometimes I felt Kenny Miller's agenda was more about himself, than it was about the team.

Did very well for us, but not the selfless leader of men he'd have you believe... he was very much in for Kenny Miller. Obviously we did benefit from that - so I'm not complaining!

Great servant, his entire family are good bears, from tranent i think ? so how ended up there ill never know but hes hinted on that himself, end of day he was a great player for us & its a shame how it ended that day at hampden.
. From musselburgh maybe one day Kenny will tell you all what happened about that period in his life .

Tbf mate, whenever he's on TV summarising a Rangers game, he is always positive about us and never hides his desire to see a Rangers victory.

For all his faults (and he had plenty) then one thing you could not question is that Miller gave 100% every time he pulled on a Rangers jersey. He clearly had a personal pride in his performance, fitness and effort that was lacking from many of his team mates. He knew what it took to win at Ibrox when sadly a great deal many of those who shared a dressing room with him didn't.

Off field shenanigans have probably cost him dearly in the end up.

I'd love to have a prime Miller in the team right now.

Imagine Morelos and Miller up front together.

They would be an absolute nightmare for defenders.

Never knew he was assistant manager down there. Like many others I think he was a fantastic player but that cloud always hangs over him due to playing for them.
Out of curiosity how much did we sell him to Wolves for?

Funny one Kenny, great player but wasn’t a fan of some of his conduct towards the end.

I think you find though that successful players, particularly those that get there through Dedication, graft and commitment will Always have the same quarrels that he had.

Yep.....a couple of times he should have zipped it. However he delivered when plenty did not and if everyone tried as hard or delivered in the big games like he did we would have seen some different endings.

I'll always remember his 5 goals performance against the Paisley mentally challengeds , it could with a bit of luck been 7 or 8

He had a very good career with us and loved a goal against that mob, he made a mistake in 2006 but he done more than enough for me to forgive him as he played an integral part in us winning 3IAR.

As a player on the park he was an excellent professional.

That’s it for me. I’d like to be the bigger man etc but loyalty should be a minimum requirement.

I think he was a bit short of being a top level striker, he was somewhat lacking in skill and composure.

On the other hand, he made up for that with his determination and work rate.

He is the sort of player that good teams always have in their ranks, he gave you a 7-8/10 every week and you could always rely on him.

He had an incredible work ethic which reflected in how for he was, to ven n his late 30s.

The tim thing sullies it for me, sorry, it just does.
No need for apologies mate, I think many of us feel the same.

A player for whom I have a lot of respect; I admire his professionalism and his single-mindedness and the fact he absolutely hates losing. He was an excellent servant to Rangers during his spells with us, and clearly thinks of us as his club. But I’ll never have genuine affection for him, because of that black mark.

Also, like Barry before him, I don’t like Rangers players undermining the manager. Especially not by running to the media. No matter that he was right about Pedro’s ineptitude and Murty’s weakness (as Ferguson was about Le Guen); you don’t do it.

Last edited:
Back