Whats the feeling of FF are we going to court ?

We're going to court post reconstruction chat.

The actions and comments of the SPFL in the last few weeks have added to an already strong case.

S
I feel we are biding our time to how situation with Hearts turns out.

Embarrassing if we don't have something up our sleeves

Given the fact Hearts are all but begging to be kept in the league I can't see how legal action is a realistic prospect from them.

I have a feeling that we have a bargaining chip and are waiting to see if there are any changes to the set-up

what I don't understand is Rangers compiled a 200 page complaint against the SPFL regarding corruption and incompetence.

WHY don't they do something about it..............

Yes, I feel we are waiting to see how the Hearts situation pans out. If Hearts initiate a court case ,then we start a separate one the pressure on the SPFL will be enormous.

Yes, I feel we are waiting to see how the Hearts situation pans out. If Hearts initiate a court case ,then we start a separate one the pressure on the SPFL will be enormous.
Especially if Partick Thistle and Stranraer also initiate cases against them at the same time.
I feel like this may well be the tactic that will be being discussed amongst these clubs.

Yes, think we are just waiting to see what happens with reconstruction and the mess which will follow.

Technically, we could put forward a case of being denied the chance to win the League with the deliberate and forced ending of the League programme, just as Hearts were denied the chance of staying up. However, the member clubs voted to end the League, and if there was to be a " winner " declared, then there must also be relegation and Hearts must be relegated. We can't have one without the other.
Their case will be that Hearts were relegated,but as they took Dundee United place in the Championship, they will be promoted under league reconstruction. :rolleyes:

Yes. I firmly believe we are taking a back seat just now watching it all unfold re Hearts etc.

However when the time is right we have to make our next move - if we don’t then all the good work we done was for nothing and effectively we are accepting corruption within the game and not a level playing field. If we give in to that we are fked for the next 5/10 years.

Their case will be that Hearts were relegated,but as they took Dundee United place in the Championship, they will be promoted under league reconstruction. :rolleyes:

Hearts will try any scam to stay in the top-flight, mate. However, the teams under Dundee United could also claim they should take Hearts place in the top League after reconstruction. All this nonsense could have been avoided if null and void for all Leagues was declared.

I'm still torn between blindly optimistic and it'll be the normal releasing a statement then hiding when push comes to shove.

There's still a bit of me saying we can't have gone all in, we all knew how the EGM vote would go. Surely we kept something back?

Then I'm reminded of how we've gone about things since Murray and taken everything that's thrown our way and never fighting back.

I'm still torn between blindly optimistic and it'll be the normal releasing a statement then hiding when push comes to shove.

There's still a bit of me saying we can't have gone all in, we all knew how the EGM vote would go. Surely we kept something back?

Then I'm reminded of how we've gone about things since Murray and taken everything that's thrown our way and never fighting back.

3 from the top 4 clubs in Scotland and more than 30 % of member clubs voted for an independent investigation into the corrupt SPFL, mate. That should never be forgotten, although it quickly has been by the Scottish media. Rangers demand for an investigation of these crooks was warranted.

100% Yes

No way can we let Doncaster and Lawlells poodles of the hook.
I agree and I think it'll take more than just getting rid of Doncaster,who has absolutely no credibility left. The fact that Lawwell got to address the meeting before the vote still riles me and it proved they're not hiding it anymore. The rest have to go with him.

3 from the top 4 clubs in Scotland and more than 30 % of member clubs voted for an independent investigation into the corrupt SPFL, mate. That should never be forgotten, although it quickly has been by the Scottish media. Rangers demand for an investigation of these crooks was warranted.
I fully agree with all of that mate, I just don't want to believe that was as far as we were willing to go.

I think we are waiting for Hearts reconstruction talks to fail, then we will proceed along with others on board. The more clubs on board, the stronger the case. You would imagine Hearts have asked to explore all options to resolve their particular issue before going legal.

As far as we will be concerned initially, the title will not be the driving issue, it will be the legal, corporate malpractice by the executive. However, if it comes out in the wash that the title was a factor in all of this, and the whole thing comes crashing down, then there may be justifiable claims to rescind the title if it turns out it was given under illegal circumstances.

I was initially a little concerned that with the passing of time, the focus would shift entirely onto getting the new season started, given the logistical issues facing everyone. However, our case is actually being strengthened in time, as we now see other leagues aiming to resume shortly, only further highlighting that the action taken by the SPFL was unjust and unnecessary. We will also see how much the TV liability is going to cost, which again will only strengthen the case.

As much as it would be good to hear from our board, I am taking our silence as a positive rather than a negative.

I very much doubt it.....I think all it’s confirmed is that we have little or no support the other clubs and tbh we have been wasting our time. Time to look after ourselves and let them squabble into oblivion

how about the op puts a fckin poll up rather than a whole thread saying yup or no

i mean why start the thread without one for such a simple question
A poll about whether we should have a poll perhaps? You are right though as it just turns into a bickering Mumsnet website on here.

I reckon it won't be in the courts this is played out, hopefully Budge gets her balls out of Levin's purse and proves me wrong but either way it won't be Rangers in the courts.
People really should recheck UEFA and their criteria for closing a league and nominating teams for Europe. This still has a long way to play but sadly folk want statements everyday and be told from Rangers when they can wipe their own arse.

UEFA guidance on closing leagues

I had a conversation with someone this morning who deals with a well known Rangers fan who is friends with members of the board.

He said that we have every intention of taking this all the way but only after Hearts have either taken action (in which case we don't need to) or they have given in to whatever the SPFL throw their way.

It was a real conversation and not via WhatsApp so that obviously loses a bit of credibility.

Could have been worse. It could have been wee boys they ran away with ehh.
WTF! Ah the typical retard response with a " Well known member " that every new member is a tim because he has an opinion about something, especially when they are probably right! I'm sure there is meant to be rules against randomly insinuation somebody is a tim, hmmm obviously that will get ignored. What a donkey, bet you now try an deny you are insinuating i'm supposed to be a tim now.

Back