Yet more sneering at tainted title jibes in the Gherald.

HandsomeHead

This time from Graeme McGarry who, clearly dutybound to dismiss Gareth McAuley’s Yahoo baiting words from the start of the week, boldly claims that, “the record books won’t show an asterisk beside this title win.”

Which confuses me.

Why would they not?

A global event created a unique occurrence in the history of Scottish football whereby a season entering its final stages could not be played to a finish and after much deliberation the title was then awarded to the side sitting at the top of the table when play was stopped.

Why would that not be recorded for posterity?

In 50 or 100 years time, shouldn’t people be made aware of this once in a lifetime event that created an anomalous blip in the 130 year sequence of championship wins?

To not do so is not just sinister and typical of the Yahoo-centric post truth football-media collusion in Scotland, it’s also just fundamentally improper.

The 1939/40 season is noted everywhere as one that was aborted due to the outbreak of WW2 (when Rangers were top of the table).

Should that be removed too?

McGarry insists in his headline that, “we haven’t heard the last of this.”

Which is correct, because you cannot airbrush over history and expect no comeback.

Well, unless you’re living in Soviet Russia and work for Pravda.

Anyone expecting official record books to show an actual * next to this “win” are kidding themselves.

The best you’ll get is in a breakdown of the games played, points won etc is a mention that the season ended early because of COVID.

But record books will still show Celtic’s name 9 times in a row. Just like the first of the 9 was primarily down to our points deduction. But on one mentions that now, just like no one will mention COVID in time.

The only other thing you can do is on information issued like on Wikipedia is dispute this season’s and add a caveat.

We all know it wasn’t won properly, they all know it too. And that’s all that matters.

Neutrals wont give a %^*&. Simple as that.
I’m certainly not going to get obsessive about.

Just looked at this guy's articles, almost every single one is about Celtc or Motherwell, 2 of the league's most disgusting clubs.
I suspect he is a Celtc fan living in Motherwell.

Anyone expecting official record books to show an actual * next to this “win” are kidding themselves.

The best you’ll get is in a breakdown of the games played, points won etc is a mention that the season ended early because of COVID.

But record books will still show Celtic’s name 9 times in a row. Just like the first of the 9 was primarily down to our points deduction. But on one mentions that now, just like no one will mention COVID in time.

The only other thing you can do is on information issued like on Wikipedia is dispute this season’s and add a caveat.

We all know it wasn’t won properly, they all know it too. And that’s all that matters.

Neutrals wont give a %^*&. Simple as that.
I’m certainly not going to get obsessive about.

Like it or not there is an obsession with TIAR, on both sides of the divide.

That’s the motivating factor here, IMO.

Had this happened half a dozen years ago, I doubt there would have been the same rush to dismiss any suggestion this title should be accompanied with an asterisk, but because it completed NIAR and gives them the opportunity to break the record next season there’s clearly been a memo sent around the media by the Fat Japanese to suppress any suggestion it lacks validity.

all McAuley is doing is telling the truth that everybody including them knows

they haven't "won" the title, they were given it because of a world situation and the corrupt organisation that they run

It’s a farce and it will never end. We will always say they did not win it on the pitch - I dont think it will have an Asterix.

I see us progressing - we lost a season under Pedro. We need to concentrate on removing their placemen (legal action or not) and stop them winning next season. They stopped us getting to 10 in a row with a better team, I am confident we can do the same.

Stopping their “10” will fu** with their minds for years.

ok then if this was anywhere near the truth .Who scored the title winning goal ,where was it played and who where the opponents, surely all valid questions when you WIN a league not get it awarded

With the EPL about to restart the cabal/mhedia attempts to justify the title gifting in the SPFL will only increase.

I see that Lawwell is part of the Football delegation to meet the Scottish government to discuss restart plans. We know he runs Scottish Football but it is remarkable that no one questions why he is invited to join the delegation.

Will Dear Leader Sturgeon genuflect and kiss Pope Peter’s ring....?

This time from Graeme McGarry who, clearly dutybound to dismiss Gareth McAuley’s Yahoo baiting words from the start of the week, boldly claims that, “the record books won’t show an asterisk beside this title win.”

Which confuses me.

Why would they not?

A global event created a unique occurrence in the history of Scottish football whereby a season entering its final stages could not be played to a finish and after much deliberation the title was then awarded to the side sitting at the top of the table when play was stopped.

In 50 or 100 years time, shouldn’t people be made aware of this once in a lifetime event that created an anomalous blip in the 130 year sequence of championship wins?

To not do so is not just sinister and typical of the Yahoo-centric post truth football-media collusion in Scotland, it’s also just fundamentally improper.

The 1939/40 season is noted everywhere as one that was aborted due to the outbreak of WW2 (when Rangers were top of the table).

Which is correct, because you cannot airbrush over history and expect no comeback.

It is more of a Gifted title by their supporters at the SPFL executive.
The Putrid-3 orchestrated it and delivered the goods to them.
Is that legal ? Let's find out.;)

I get the feeling they are secretly hurting because they know themselves it's not 9 in a row, it hasn't been achieved on the park, and will hurt them more than it ever will us, all they are doing is trying to convince themselves otherwise.

They have just fecked up their own season by ending it prematurely, 9 in a row will forever be tainted.

If the cup ties are allowed to go ahead then that will be 100% proof the league should have been played to a finish.

It’s a good point asking what people might say in 50 years when asked what affect corona had on Scottish football back in 2020.

Are they just going to say it had no affect at all? The league campaign finished without a hitch?

The best they can hope for is “celtic won the league but....” and the but is the asterisk.

Imo they didn’t win the league. That’s why I don’t like to use words like tainted. That implies they actually won it. They didn’t.

He has got his facts all wrong in this article.

The league was halted in 1939 due to the outbreak of war, Rangers were top but no title was awarded.

What happened was that 2 leagues were formed - East and West. Rangers won the West section and then went on to win a playoff against the winners of the East section.
It isn’t listed as an official title though, and we don’t list it on our website either.
Apart from all that, he’s right.:rolleyes:

Last season hurt me.

This season honestly doesn't.

Had it been us who had been declared 'champions' by the SPFL board members that would have felt pretty hollow to me.

When we won 9IAR that was a big deal. We won it on the pitch. We took the plaudits. I'm sure it was the same for that lot when they did it in the 70s.

But this one? It's just sort of passed everyone by hasn't it? Because everyone knows it isn't real.

It’s a good point asking what people might say in 50 years when asked what affect corona had on Scottish football back in 2020.

Are they just going to say it had no affect at all? The league campaign finished without a hitch?

The best they can hope for is “celtic won the league but....” and the but is the asterisk.

Imo they didn’t win the league. That’s why I don’t like to use words like tainted. That implies they actually won it. They didn’t.

The title has been awarded to them and the record books will show that, but to not accompany it with a note that explains the unique circumstances that saw it handed out before the season had actually concluded it both baffling and sinister.

The title has been awarded to them and the record books will show that, but to not accompany it with a note that explains the unique circumstances that saw it handed out before the season had actually concluded it both baffling and sinister.

Totally agree. It is for me the most telling sign that Scottish football is run by celtic fans.

The Scottish media would have demanded null and void if Rangers were winning by 13 points. We all know it. As for Rangers even attempting to claim a League title for an incomplete season when the bodies were piling up in Scotland and elsewhere during a pandemic ? We would have been rightly condemned for such gruesome behaviour.

Clearly, but it’s the insistence that this aborted season should not be recorded as such that I find alarming.

It’s the very definition of post truth.
Who cares what some tramp with a typewriter thinks? Don't read their pish. The number of people who read newspapers is dropping off a cliff. If it wasn't for posts on here, how many people would have the faintest idea what some pish stained hack from the Herald has written? Their readership is measured in the low thousands now from a population of 5 million plus. Don't give then the publicity they need.

Last edited:
Imagine being part of a religion or culture that just makes things up as it goes along. Changes rules and history to suit. Covers up atrocities and sweeps the truth under the rug. Oh wait...

Reactions: SSR

Which confuses me.

Why would they not?

Does “soviet lite” and “Mentors for Pravda” count?

Mike Graham about to broach the subject of why they were handed the title with Stuart weir on Talksport.

Bit of a wet fart to be honest.

Last edited:
Scum with a keyboard putting their paper out of business and themselves out a job.

the very definition of an idiot.

We are in a situation now where it is us against the rest of the country.
We have no friends here and are basically made to feel not welcome.
The media don't even try to hide the fact that they are effectively PR publications for the mentally challengeds like the National is for the SNP.

He has got his facts all wrong in this article.

The league was halted in 1939 due to the outbreak of war, Rangers were top but no title was awarded.

What happened was that 2 leagues were formed - East and West. Rangers won the West section and then went on to win a playoff against the winners of the East section.
It isn’t listed as an official title though, and we don’t list it on our website either.
Apart from all that, he’s right.:rolleyes:
Came on to post the exact same thing. He’s hoping folk will just believe the lies he’s just spouted

Like it or not there is an obsession with TIAR, on both sides of the divide.

That’s the motivating factor here, IMO.

Had this happened half a dozen years ago, I doubt there would have been the same rush to dismiss any suggestion this title should be accompanied with an asterisk, but because it completed NIAR and gives them the opportunity to break the record next season there’s clearly been a memo sent around the media by the Fat Japanese to suppress any suggestion it lacks validity.
You’re right mate. But I’d rather we weren’t obsessed with it. It hurts them more to if it’s just ignored.

They really are trying so hard trying to convince everyone they 'won' the title. If they actually had won it they wouldn't be going on about it like this, lol. *

Back