Will Rangers take court action over Dossier

• Yes as soon as reconstruction is decided

Votes: 50 26.2%
  • Yes but waiting on others to

Votes: 31 16.2%
  • No

Votes: 110 57.6%

• Total voters
Doubt it, we don't win when we take on the football authorities.

Dont like it but I have just accepted thats how it is for us.

I don't see us doing or saying anything now which is very disappointing. Still nothing official as to whether we voted to end the season or not which I just can't understand Rangers silence on it.

Its even worse when you consider that Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Hungary, Norway, Poland, Portugal and Romania are all returning. Shameful

Should be an unsure option. I'm not ruling it out but the longer we wait then the weaker our argument becomes. If we really do feel aggrieved and we think we've got a strong case then there's no value in waiting. For me a delay suggests that we don't think our case is particularly strong. Doesnt mean we won't go down the court action route, but I suspect we're waiting for others who have a stronger case or for more SPFL cock ups.

I’m sure this was asked and discussed yesterday, the day before and possibly every day since the EGM.
Still, why not today?

Should be an unsure option. I'm not ruling it out but the longer we wait then the weaker our argument becomes. If we really do feel aggrieved and we think we've got a strong case then there's no value in waiting. For me a delay suggests that we don't think our case is particularly strong. Doesnt mean we won't go down the court action route, but I suspect we're waiting for others who have a stronger case or for more SPFL cock ups.
Think it's Hearts. If Budge gets what she wants they'll side with the SPFL, if she doesn't she'll go to court about the vote and we'll back them. We won't go it alone, no sense in trying to improve something like the SPFL if the members are content with the status quo.

Just can’t see it now it looks like we have been bitch slapped down

We will go to court. The reconstruction chat has just slowed that process down, but has added additional evidence to use.

Voted Option 1 as it’s what I want.

Fućk knows what will actually happen though, IF we are chucking it Rangers should let the support know ( not asking for an official statement, message could easily be disseminated via trusted podders/ new media ).

If it’s “no”, then we are doomed as a club for a very long time.

Exactly.

The thread title really could be re-interpreted as "If we don't go to court, we are done."

The best opportunities to land serious legal blows on that lot, across a wide spectrum of issues, including those raised by other clubs, and it looks like we're going to pass it up.

It's been said before -- how much would this cost us ?
A million and a bit ?
I know I'm being blase here with the Club's money, but the gains that we could accrue from that amount across many many years, on the pitch and off it, in comparison to what it would gain us in a player ...

I think it's a good use of time and money.
But like I've said, if we don't do it then there is no point to us ever complaining about anything again.
Because it would all appear to be hollow words.
I sincerely hope to be proven wrong.

Last edited:
I don't see us doing or saying anything now which is very disappointing. Still nothing official as to whether we voted to end the season or not which I just can't understand Rangers silence on it.

Its even worse when you consider that Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Hungary, Norway, Poland, Portugal and Romania are all returning. Shameful
Lawell going on this conference call with the Government should force us to take a stand.

He is not in the board.
He is first mentioned in WhatsApp chats.
He has last word before our resolution is voted on.
He is sent out to speak for us.

He has his elected seat in the Euro board which is fine. That is official.

But he has undue influence across Scottish football and this must be addressed.

Voted no,we had our grand old Duke of York moment and Marched up to the top of the hill.
We are like a pit bull terrier with no teeth,all bark and no bite.

No

It will all be allowed to quietly disappear - or so, many will be hoping.

That was made abundantly clear the moment there were no resignations at Hampden and Rangers voted to end the league season.

The word UNANIMOUS in the SPFL statement, emphasised their stance, that they consider themselves to have 'won'.

Have fucking faith before rolling up the white flag.

We’re a different animal and aren’t going to roll over especially with this when we have Doncaster by his baws.

R
Exactly.

The thread title really could be re-interpreted as "If we don't go to court, we are done."

The best opportunities to land serious legal blows on that lot, across a wide spectrum of issues, including those raised by other clubs, and it looks like we're going to pass it up.

A million and a bit ?
I know I'm being blase here with the Club's money, but the gains that we could accrue from that amount across many many years, on the pitch and off it, in comparison to what it would gain us in a player ...

But like I've said, if we don't do it then there is no point to us ever complaining about anything again.
We led the charge at the start knowing full well we wouldn’t get the required support.

For me, we are now watching how it all unfolds with Hearts and then we will go again. We have to.

Exactly.

A million and a bit ?

It's the point I've always argued too.

Money to fight it now, or never again be allowed to earn the Champions League riches?

That is what it comes down to.

Even if the board dont want too they have too as it's being run for the benefit of one club, any business cant allow that to happen, constantly swimming against the tide.

It was over the minute Dundee’s email went “missing”. Stitch up from the start with the sole aim of handing Celtic a tainted title.

Even if the board dont want too they have too as it's being run for the benefit of one club, any business cant allow that to happen, constantly swimming against the tide.
What are you thinking if you are the players and Steven Gerrard?
After the cup final performance and many others last year, it is clear Celtic pull the strings from top to bottom of Scottish football, and evidence shows they get the benefit of the doubt from referees,with a say in the European game too.

It's an almost impossible task when you add the fact they have a bigger budget, squad and wage bill and we are effectively playing off a handicap.

It would be like me playing Rory McIlroy and him being given a1 shot per hole head start.

I really fear for us if we do nothing and become celtic's bitch. It is like the Hibs cup final aftermath all over again. Sabre rattle but in the end do nothing other than issue statements.
However I will give the board the benefit of doubt at the moment and believe they have something up their sleeve if no one else does.

What are you thinking if you are the players and Steven Gerrard?
After the cup final performance and many others last year, it is clear Celtic pull the strings from top to bottom of Scottish football, and evidence shows they get the benefit of the doubt from referees,with a say in the European game too.

It's an almost impossible task when you add the fact they have a bigger budget, squad and wage bill and we are effectively playing off a handicap.

It would be like me playing Rory McIlroy and him being given a1 shot per hole head start.
Completely agree but if we get the next season the balance will swing and ultimately as shown in their desperation to steal the title they will struggle.We are on the right coarse and ultimately be back where we belong at the top handicap or not.

We probably have a far better chance of success if we have other clubs taking the legal route along with us.
But I also don't see what we have to lose should we go it alone.

No

It will all be allowed to quietly disappear - or so, many will be hoping.

That was made abundantly clear the moment there were no resignations at Hampden and Rangers voted to end the league season.

The word UNANIMOUS in the SPFL statement, emphasised their stance, that they consider themselves to have 'won'.

I agree.

As soon as Rangers agreed that the season could not be finished on the pitch the whole argument weakened. It is now a case of the right decision was reached, even if the process was flawed. That can be explained because of the extenuating circumstances, need to act fast etc.

If we do go to court it has got to be over the overall governance of game, the bullying and the corruption. If we go to court over them being awarded the title it will (justifiably) be seen as sour grapes. We need to collate a dossier of all the wrong doing since 2012 - the making up the rules as they go along, the demotion to the lowest tier, the illegal transfer embargo, the refereeing performance, the selection of a certain demographic to positions of power. The influence on referees. The pathetic 'investigations' into anything that mob request upon. The inconsistent application of the rules by the compliance officer. Jeez I could go on forever! This is about far far much more than the awarding of a tainted title.

I think that there is already been enough evidence in the public domain to suggest that we, or indeed any club, would have a very good case for pressing with a claim for maladministration.

I think we are waiting for this to play out as, for example, if they did a U-turn on reorganisation to save Hearts and others, without null and voiding the campaign it would strengthen the maladministration case against them.

If they don’t do a U-turn to rescue Hearts they could then find themselves facing separate charges from Hearts.

In the meantime, BT Sport will be watching wondering why their contract was ripped up whilst many other major leagues are being played out. They too may need to sue to get their millions of pounds back.

Three Court cases for Doncaster to deal with at the same time, now that would be a glorious treble :)

And how would three separate cases against the SPFL fit in with UEFA’s guideline that to call a league early requires a public perception of fairness.

Wishful thinking maybe?

Voted Option 1 as it’s what I want.

Fućk knows what will actually happen though, IF we are chucking it Rangers should let the support know ( not asking for an official statement, message could easily be disseminated via trusted podders/ new media ).
They’re not chucking it that’s why we don’t know. Thread after effin thread on this all repetitive pish.
We can’t move until reconstruction is off the table. The Board have declared war, as I’ve said repeatedly on here,it’ll be long and dirty but we will not stop.

Back