SFA asking for transfer window to be postponed

napierblue

From an SFA circular emailed out today apparently:

“I am writing to advise you that the Scottish Football Association in conjunction with the Scottish Professional Football League and the Scottish Football Joint Response Group, Regulation Sub group has written to FIFA formally requesting a postponement of the opening of the summer Registration Period/Transfer Window which is at present scheduled to open on 10 June 2020.
The request to FIFA is made having regard to the circumstances resulting from the pandemic and related government public health regulation and its impact on football.“

Snide move !

This is about Scottish Cup Squads - ie Hearts Sell a player makes it impossible to finish Scottish Cup with any slim sort of integrity

Liewell playing them like a fiddle once again

Was trying to figure out how this benefits the scum or disadvantages Rangers (because every decision is made with that end goal in mind). Think you have it.

Snide move !

This is about Scottish Cup Squads - ie Hearts Sell a player makes it impossible to finish Scottish Cup with any slim sort of integrity

Scottish Cup from this season won't be completed until 2021 in any case mate. They want crowds. Think you are on the wrong track there.

Surely this could only change if UEFA change it for every country or can Scotland have a different rule from everyone else?

From an SFA circular emailed out today apparently:

“I am writing to advise you that the Scottish Football Association in conjunction with the Scottish Professional Football League and the Scottish Football Joint Response Group, Regulation Sub group has written to FIFA formally requesting a postponement of the opening of the summer Registration Period/Transfer Window which is at present scheduled to open on 10 June 2020.
The request to FIFA is made having regard to the circumstances resulting from the pandemic and related government public health regulation and its impact on football.“
Where did you see that?

Snide move !

Well spotted that man!!!

@GimmeShelter This is what Petrie said:

Asked specifically to confirm that the 2019-20 Scottish Cup would be played to a conclusion, regardless of any complications which might be caused about changes in playing squads, Petrie told BBC Sportsound:

"Yes. We want to play the games in that showpiece competition.

"We want to play both the semi finals and the final in front of fans later in the year, even into next year.

"That is why the regulation group looks at it and the Scottish FA has the power to determine when it can play that competition".

What a shitty horrible backwards country Scotland has become. You can bet any money you like this will be to fulfill that thing we always mention, that they make decisions for the benefit of one club.

Surely this could only change if UEFA change it for every country or can Scotland have a different rule from everyone else?

Each country sets their own transfer window. However there are UEFA restrictions. Hence why the Premiership shut theirs before the rest of Europe last summer

How would it work with Hagi for example, although we have agreed a deal with K.R.C Genk if this gets passed I imagine we wouldn’t be able to register him until the window opens.

Surely even though he is technically still a Genk player, he would be able to train with the rest of the squad & be involved in team meeting etc.

No chance this is getting passed IMO.

Could also stop us selling Morelos if a huge bid comes in.

Cant see this getting through at all.

No we would still be able to sell. Just not replace. Example being when the Chinese window was still open after ours shut we could sell to them as their registration period was still open

Hopefully someone can clarify this for me as I may be wrong. In the case of Hagi he is already registered with the SFA as our player so we would just be extending his contract.

I think this one would be ok

Back