SFA asking for transfer window to be postponed

A few things here:

Clubs can buy and sell players any time they like.

The Scottish transfer window is for Scottish Clubs to register new players.

The Scottish transfer window is not aligned with other European or indeed World leagues.

The transfer window does not stop clubs from selling to a league whose transfer window is open.

Existing contracts are not affected by a change to the transfer window. If you are out of contract at the end of May you are out of contract.

Out of contract players can be signed out with the transfer window.

And finally, who sanctioned such a request from the SFA?

Sounds like they don’t want to, or don’t have cash to spend and want to limit our opportunity to strengthen.

Corrupt bastards, and clearly the SFA and SPFL are one and the same.

What a shitty horrible backwards country Scotland has become. You can bet any money you like this will be to fulfill that thing we always mention, that they make decisions for the benefit of one club.

One way to look at it when we do win the league it’s gonna be the biggest get up ye party the world has ever seen.

From an SFA circular emailed out today apparently:

“I am writing to advise you that the Scottish Football Association in conjunction with the Scottish Professional Football League and the Scottish Football Joint Response Group, Regulation Sub group has written to FIFA formally requesting a postponement of the opening of the summer Registration Period/Transfer Window which is at present scheduled to open on 10 June 2020.
The request to FIFA is made having regard to the circumstances resulting from the pandemic and related government public health regulation and its impact on football.“

Did the clubs agree to this?

This to me beggars belief with clubs desperate for cash they are being prevented from disposing of saleable assets and potentially seeing there worth devalued as the contracted period runs down. Utter stupidity.

This just smacks of an attempt to preserve the integrity of the Scottish Cup!

Thought about this for a while and can see no obvious advantage in this proposal. Normal logic though says follow the money.

The desperation to call the league, finalise placings and release cash was driven by one club who stood to gain more financially than anyone else (almost £2m).

Their tainted 9 also opens the door to additional money via a whole host of 9 tat.

Their desperation undoubtedly driven by a £60m wage bill that will be seriously hurting them.

Their regular fall back position when they miss out on CL qualification money or when things are tight is to punt one of their players for a vastly inflated price but, unfortunately for them, the arse is about to fall out the transfer market.

Most people in the game would think the logical thing to do just now would be to extend the transfer window rather than delay it. The bheggars, however, will be terrified that some of their players will jump ship early and they will not be able to get the inflated figures that they're used to.

Can't see this being of benefit to anyone.

Surely this could only change if UEFA change it for every country or can Scotland have a different rule from everyone else?
They did do something different last season but, over the piece, they can’t go around cancelling and / or postponing this late in the day.

Operation 10iar has officially started, hampers us in the transfer market, as they think with TLB's squad they will stronger at the start of the new season.

Surely there would have to be a vote on a request like this?

The SFA and SPFL can't just request this without the clubs agreeing to it

I've really tried to get my head around this but I just can't understand WHY this has been requested.
As others have mentioned previously, it'll no doubt have some mentally challenged motivation behind it!

I'm pretty sure (not 100%) Hagi will be fine - Chelsea couldn't register new players but managed to hold on to Kovacic because he'd already been on loan and was registered with them
I believe they would also have been allowed to purchase Higuian if they wanted to. For that reason I believe we would be allowed to purchase & register Hagi, Kamberi (if we want) and Defoe

I suspect as always there is no conspiracy theory here. Weird, but I can't see how this would negatively impact us without also negatively impacting the other team.

Glad to see they are looking after players that are being released and have no way of making an income.

What a scummy move.

That was my thoughts. What happens with the players out of contract? They are just making mess after mess and thats what most of scottish football voted to keep. Says it all.

Its something I’ve only seen posted here. Usually it’s all over the shop on social media.

Would say even if it were true, it’s worded as a request, not a definitive thing.

Clubs have business ready to go, which is why this doesn’t seem to be kosher

are you saying it now may be true and not a fake? im confused by your posting on this.

Its something I’ve only seen posted here. Usually it’s all over the shop on social media.

Would say even if it were true, it’s worded as a request, not a definitive thing.

Clubs have business ready to go, which is why this doesn’t seem to be kosher

I don’t think the OP was claiming it was definitive, only that the request had been sent.

Only other place I’ve seen it is Kickback - and that was probably lifted from here. I did try to look at the scottishfalive.co.uk website it’s seemingly lifted from and was asked to login so that seems, and looked, legit.

If true, the media will have it shortly I’m sure.

Glad to see they are looking after players that are being released and have no way of making an income.

What a scummy move.

That's a good point. I would like to think the players' union are on this and going to stand up for their members, some of whom could end up with no income.

From what I remember they were saying just before the first vote that the Scottish Cup would need to be completed in 2020, for it to be the 19/20 Scottish Cup.

They don’t care about the crowds, their actions have risked at least one of the clubs involved going bust, it’s about them getting every chance they can to ‘win’ 4 trebles in a row.
They will be running out of asterisks.

One for the League, one for the Scottish Cup and in all reality after the decision that “ won” the League Cup for them, that should have one too.

Last edited:
It’s ridiculous to think it’s fair for Hearts to play the semi final with what will be a Championship squad. Null and void.

So we were told the priority in Scotland was the 20/21 season over the 19/20 season.
The first major event of any new season is the opening of the summer transfer window for teams to prepare their squads for the upcoming season but now that window is to be delayed?
I'd understand if we were requesting a delay to the window due to playing on but this

Love how they don’t even consult with any clubs etc re this...In sure Rangers will add this to the ever growing list that we will use to attack in the coming weeks.

Strikes me as somewhat of an odd request. I can't see any justification for it? I don't understand the angle for gain in this at all, that mob will want to strengthen so they can push for the Champions League qualification.

Honestly though the whole farce was invited on by UEFA and FIFA tbh. They shirked responsibility and allowed for scenarios like the one in Scotland to unfold. I watch Hungarian football and they've recently resumed the league. Poland and Czech Republic are following suit this weekend. We are an embarrassment, we no longer reserve the right to sneer at corruption in the balkans and Eastern European leagues. We are just as corrupt, if not more at times.

So they've informed clubs of this action (that noone else in the world seems to care a jot about) but not given them a hint of the reasons why? Strange to say the least.

when FIFA reject it I vote we loan our entire squad to Hearts until the cup run is over

Reactions: Jeb
How would it work with Hagi for example, although we have agreed a deal with K.R.C Genk if this gets passed I imagine we wouldn’t be able to register him until the window opens.

Surely even though he is technically still a Genk player, he would be able to train with the rest of the squad & be involved in team meeting etc.

No chance this is getting passed IMO.
Why do you think it this was made public so soon after the official rangers announcement, Their bitterness knows no bounds

So the SFA and SPFL are writing to FIFA asking them to remove one of the few revenue streams open to their members that could be the difference between surviving or not?

Such shocking behaviour should surprise but after 2012 it doesn’t.

Back