SFA asking for transfer window to be postponed

It is intended to help the SFA finish the Scottish Cup 2019/20. But it will be counter-productive for out-of-contract players who will be prevented from signing for new clubs. How will the Players Union react?

Has this been officially acknowledged?
If it has, and if there was a fukin journalist in Scotland worthy of the description, there would be an easy story here;
What is the reason for this?
Who requested this?
The clubs employ the players, why were they not consulted, assuming Rangers were not as per?
The status quo cannot continue.

They really are the ultimate non competitive champions of any world league.
They simply can’t bare the thought of being challenged in anyway shape or form in this now fecked up shity country

FIFA puts a 12-week time limit on the summer transfer window so postponing the start means delaying the deadline until....when?

Why would anyone write a letter like this without specifying how long any postponement would be for?

A benign explanation might be that they've only pencilled in the start of the league and expect it to be delayed but that is certainly not clear from the letter.

I‘ve dismissed the Scottish Cup ‘theory’ with direct quotes from Petrie about playing the tournament out when crowds are back - even if it’s 2021. Whatever the reason, it’s not that.

I would expect any restart of Scottish Football starting with the Scottish Cup.

Petrie might have said they'll wait til 2021 if need be but if you look at it that way then they can't start next season's Scottish Cup without completing this seasons first.

Given there's 3 games left in this season's competition, I don't see it being left to next year despite any bluster in the papers.

That’s restriction of trade. In this respect, footballing authorities already tread a thin line having transfer windows in the first place.

You’d think an extension of the transfer window would more likely to help clubs out than a postponement.
Aye but it helps the mentally challengeds get a treble

Another ploy from the three stooges, Liewell discusses with donkey and they tell maximus what they want to happen. For what possible reason would this be a good idea. To suspend transfer window would mean clubs with players on a contract till end of season 20/21 could not tranfer to another club and then their contract runs out and they can leave for nothing. How does that help finances ffs. There must be a reason. Maybe the three stooges will tell us what it is, aye right. Corrupt to the core!

I would expect any restart of Scottish Football starting with the Scottish Cup.

Petrie might have said they'll wait til 2021 if need be but if you look at it that way then they can't start next season's Scottish Cup without completing this seasons first.

Given there's 3 games left in this season's competition, I don't see it being left to next year despite any bluster in the papers.

They want crowds. That's what will be the driver. It won't be happening anytime soon and if it takes until January they will wait. Who knows when the 20/21 Scottish Cup will start? The early rounds will be wiped out by the fact teams have been mothballed.

They want crowds. That's what will be the driver. It won't be happening anytime soon and if it takes until January they will wait. Who knows when the 20/21 Scottish Cup will start? The early rounds will be wiped out by the fact teams have been mothballed.

They might want crowds but whether they will get them is a different matter.

This nonsense about postponing the transfer window should mean that season 20/21 cant start if clubs cant sign or sell players.

Its a major mess that gets worse with every new idea thst they come up with.

You just couldn't make this shit up.

What about all the clubs that have released player's - are they supposed to play on with a limited squad ?

Apart from the fact this will clearly be of benefit to Peter in some way if they’re even mentioning it, what about the clubs who are down to a handful of players? Are we going to open up as a five a side league?

It doesn't note in on the statement. Where did the OP get the info from?

see post #103 mate for a screen cap of the letter. The scottishfalive.co.uk web address it seemingly comes from is a genuine SFA portal - but that doesn’t mean the letter is genuine. I just don’t get what anyone would hope to achieve by ‘spoofing’ such a letter though.

The mentally challengeds are always scheming with something

You cannot trust them

They are always looking for sleeket ways to control a situation

They are scum and always will be scum

I've not read through the whole thread so I'm assuming this absolute nonsense is fake news yes?

No disrespect to the OP in any way but there's no mention of this anywhere else as far as I can see.

An 'apparent' SFA circular is not something I'll be believing, particularly when you NEED a transfer window to be open for a period of time before a season starts, for obvious reasons (this upcoming season more than any other as well).

Absolute nonsense.

see post #103 mate for a screen cap of the letter. The scottishfalive.co.uk web address it seemingly comes from is a genuine SFA portal - but that doesn’t mean the letter is genuine. I just don’t get what anyone would hope to achieve by ‘spoofing’ such a letter though.
If someone can get the link, I can check. But the most recent thing from Sandy Bryson was a change to personnel in the registration team.

Calling nonsense.

I honestly wouldn’t put anything past the SFA/SPFL and Lawwell.

Operation tainted 10* is well underway things like this might just be the start of what lays ahead over the next 12 months.

So you expect the SPFL and the SFA to block every team from signing players. Its nonsense.

9th June Hagi will be officially registered with the SFA with us.

I don’t think it will happen but I honestly wouldn’t put it past them to have thought about it.

This is a league where teams have finished bottom and not been relegated (twice), Where teams were bribed to change votes & numerous other instances that are probably too long to list on a single post.

April- "Clubs cant complete season, they dont have enough players left under contract"

May - *Ask Fifa to stop clubs buying players*

"We can't extend the league as all players contracts finish by 31st May/9th June (or whatever it was)".

YET.........................all these leagues across Europe are restarting?????????

Another ploy from the three stooges, Liewell discusses with donkey and they tell maximus what they want to happen. For what possible reason would this be a good idea. To suspend transfer window would mean clubs with players on a contract till end of season 20/21 could not tranfer to another club and then their contract runs out and they can leave for nothing. How does that help finances ffs. There must be a reason. Maybe the three stooges will tell us what it is, aye right. Corrupt to the core!
Along the lines of “if you have a transfer window, it’ll be financial Armageddon for a lot our clubs”?

Back