Levein, McPhee and 15 players leave Hearts

dh1963

Administrator
Staff member
Official Ticketer
Craig Levein and Austin MacPhee have left Hearts - with 15 players also exiting the relegated Premiership club.

Levein was sacked as manager in October but saw out the remainder of his deal behind the scenes, while MacPhee oversaw six games as caretaker.

Hearts confirmed Oliver Bozanic, Clevid Dikamona, Jay Nwanze and Brodie Strang have all left already, and that Donis Avdijaj, Daniel Baur, Marcel Langer, Steven MacLean, Alex Petkov, Kelby Mason, Dean Ritchie and Rory Currie will depart shortly.

Loan signings Ryotaro Meshino, Joel Pereira and Toby Sibbick will return to their parent clubs.

Former Scotland manager Levein stood down from his director of football role in October as Hearts tried in vain to lift themselves out of the Scottish Premiership relegation zone.

MacPhee was previously deputy to Ian Cathro, who was dismissed in August 2017.

Both were brought to the club by former Hearts defender Levein, who returned as director of football in May 2014.

Gonna have a great squad for the 2019-2020 Scottish Cup Semi final they are due to play in August...

It could well be me, but, I thought you had to have your players registered with the SFA before you played a SC tie?

So if some of these players are away by the time the final comes, surely you are in breach of the rules, or you cannot comply with the rules?

As I said, I could well be way off the mark.

But anyway, if the three clubs other than the scum had a parcel of morals, they'd state upfront, that with the league season being inveigled into a finish, the SC is invalid too.

I’ll be the 1st to say it then and take all the abuse that comes with it...

We should take Naismith.

He was a great player for us. He is still a decent player now.

He is not good enough for us now over 38 games to win a league.

First of many I suspect.

No one is going to have any money to pay players when we are due to start playing again.

Squads of 15 made up of youths I suspect.

The Scottish amateur fa are going to finish this years scottish cup when they can. But... only players who haven’t played in this years competition are eligible to play. I’d imagine that’s how it will go with the SFA.

If we want to stop the mentally challenged run we need to stop looking backwards
I agree with the general premise but, unless you can tell me where we can get another with Naismith's qualities, in this instance I disagree except for those who will look backwards to bring up his heresy. Put that to one side.
He'd bring a mentality we've lacked for too long, remains a very effective SPFL player, would be buttons and is the closest we'll get to another Alfie in the short term.
For this season it's a must.

... there is but one thing that annoys me about this and Ross County`s actions earlier. It sure buries all hopes of finishing last season should the vote be challenged in court and overturned, however unlikely that is.

IMHO one of the main reasons for clubs to vote YES was the chance of getting players of the wage bill when their contracts run out and not having to keep them on had the season be re-started in June/July/August. A few would have let go now anyway, but who knows when clubs will take players on now ...

Whit aboot they nice millionaires that want to gie them money for fxck all?
Why would you want to give out cash to keep mostly crap players?

I’m sure even if the season was completed and they stayed up most would be released anyway, Levein signed some amount of dross.

Even if Budge somehow manages to con the idiots into reconstruction they’ll be in huge trouble next season trying to rebuild.

Gonna have a great squad for the 2019-2020 Scottish Cup Semi final they are due to play in August...
Great curtain opener to the season - oh and hearts are not being allowed to return to training unlike the spfl. So they will weeks behind the others in fitness etc- why dont they just award the cup to celtic now?

He was a great player for us. He is still a decent player now.

He is not good enough for us now over 38 games to win a league.
we are all always calling for players who would rip doors off the hinges to get into the heads of our players that don't understand what it means to play for us. naismith is one of them, who would get in the face of every opponent. we all saw when he scored against us how he reacted which tells me he still cares about us, and i can't imagine he would be on too high a wage now. just my opinion of course

Totally agree a fit Naismith would be an asset to our team an the type of character we need .
You've nailed it there, how often is he actually "fit"? He's injury prone and turns 34 this year.

Do folk on here still think it's the 2011 Steven Naismith playing for Hearts?

Couldn't care less about the club. However, that is 15 players out the door with families to feed and mortgages to pay. Are you happy with that SPFL?

Back