Lyle Taylor - Charlton striker

KensingtonBlue

I see he is refusing to play for Charlton to avoid injury because he has a big move lined up this summer.

If rumours are to be believed its us that are waiting. Wouldn't be surprised if Aribo's put in a good word.

I think he'd be a cracking signing. 30 years old but has been a late developer, far better player than Kamberi, he's also a big unit and much more suited to the loan striker role than Defoe. He also knows the Scottish game having been at Falkirk and Partick Thistle in the past.

Ideally we'll play 2 up front next season and he could partner Morelos. At the very least its a more exciting option than the likes of Lyndon Dykes.

I see he is refusing to play for Charlton to avoid injury because he has a big move lined up this summer.

If rumours are to be believed its us that are waiting. Wouldn't be surprised if Aribo's put in a good word.

I think he'd be a cracking signing. 30 years old but has been a late developer, far better player than Kamberi, he's also a big unit and much more suited to the loan striker role than Defoe. He also knows the Scottish game having been at Falkirk and Partick Thistle in the past.

Ideally we'll play 2 up front next season and he could partner Morelos. At the very least its a more exciting option than the likes of Lyndon Dykes.
Scored 11goals....hardly prolific.

It was reported that he'd be quadrupling his salary. If that's the case then it's unlikely to be us.

Bowyer saying its a 'life changing' move - I'd be surprised if its us then after what he said last year regarding Aribo..

We should be aiming for better than this guy, only know him for taking incredibly long to hit a penalty

No thanks. And for what it’s worth I doubt we will play two up front either next season.

Anybody who refuses to play for his club is not made of the right stuff imho. Imagine he did the same to us.

He's out of contract though. I think given the current circumstances we have to keep more of an open mind with these situations. Imagine if he picked up a bad injury? Out of contract and probably uninsured he'd be screwed.

Anybody who refuses to play for his club is not made of the right stuff imho. Imagine he did the same to us.

But of a unusual situation to be fair his contract expires on the 30th June and the championship is due back on the 20th I think. It could completely screw his move.

11 in 22 games.

A 1 in 2 record at that level is not bad going by anyone's standards.

For reference, Dykes and Kamberi have worse ratios than that playing in the SPFL yet people want us to sign them.
Dykes scored 10 in 86 for QOS , prior to going to Livingston.

Exceptional unprecedented circumstances we are living in but noticing he is still under contract then the club has a case.

Last edited:
Dykes scored 10 in 86 for QOS , prior to going to Livingston.
Dykes game is all about bringing others into play, it’s Dobbie’s figures you should be looking at for that period and subsequently without him. Not fussed if we sign Dykes or Lyle Taylor, think there’s better out there and Wilson hopefully has a stack listed from his Southampton days.

Dykes game is all about bringing others into play, it’s Dobbie’s figures you should be looking at for that period and subsequently without him. Not fussed if we sign Dykes or Lyle Taylor, think there’s better out there and Wilson hopefully has a stack listed from his Southampton days.
It was Dobbies figures i was thinking about and those of Clark and Lyle at QoS but accept your comment about his style of play.
For the record also wouldn’t be disappointed if we signed neither.

Think we might struggle to get this over the line if he is one of our options, don't think he would be too happy being behind Morelos

His contract expires June 30th. If he doesn't show up to work then he is in breach of contract. If I was a Charlton fan, I would want the club to sue him, particularly if the club gets relegated.

Not that its going to happen but I'd be a bit disappointed if he was to replace Morelos in all honesty. Strikes me as a back up player too. Dont think he is good enough for us.

Darren Gough on talksport saying he’s going to a club that competes for trophies pretty much rules palace out.

Its a rumour thats been going around for a while so i suspect there must be something in it. Never seen him play before.

Back