SPFL 'Positive' Talks with Anderson

Think that is the only way this can be looked at until the clubs are given far more information. We need to know who this guy is and why he seemingly wants to give £m's to SPFL whilst geting nothing in return. Smells fishy as hell.
He clearly has more money than sense. I for one would never plough money into this backwater. Something's not right, he's not doing that for nothing. I find it so annoying that our great Club is associated with this mess.

This must be the only league in the world where a club can attempt to buy itself out of a relegation spot with a “donation” by a fan. Seriously Uefa need to have a good look at this of it goes through.

Also what if they are allowed to stay up and finish bottom next season do they just reformat the league again next summer?

The SPFL says it held a "positive discussion" on Monday morning with James Anderson over his "extremely generous" offer of financial support.

Chief executive Neil Doncaster and chairman Murdoch MacLennan had talks with the businessman, whose proposal is intended to help all 42 clubs.

Hearts owner Ann Budge told BBC Scotland on Saturday she had lined up benefactors keen to invest millions.

Doncaster hopes to progress Anderson's offer "as swiftly as possible".

He added: "The offer from James is an extremely generous one and we have committed to work together to quickly iron out the details and develop a concrete proposal which could make a significant difference to our 42 clubs."

Wipe the spunk from your lips Doncaster,fukn cretin.

I’m sure there is a rule/law, you can’t just give a club millions of pounds.
You can if you either swap it for equity at a later date like our benefactors.
Or if you want to go down the Man City approach then his company can pay way over the odds to sponsor them.

They claim it’s got zero conditions, specifically surrounding Hearts playing in the top tier, so what is it?
Possibly the thought of the lower leagues not starting at all? That could finish some clubs, including Hearts.

Wonder how much tax relief people receive on donations. He may also just be a front for Budge and a few other Hearts shareholders. If the championship doesn’t run and Hearts go bust I wonder how much it would personally impact them all. This might be a damage limitation exercise to avoid a bigger cost. Notice he has also gifted to many Scottish areas so in dream land it might be a genuine donation to keep the game from disaster

This must be the only league in the world where a club can attempt to buy itself out of a relegation spot with a “donation” by a fan. Seriously Uefa need to have a good look at this of it goes through.

Also what if they are allowed to stay up and finish bottom next season do they just reformat the league again next summer?

If Hearts don't have a League to play in next season due to Championship clubs financially unable to fulfil fixtures, then Hearts are finished. Perhaps this financial offer to Championship clubs is to ensure Hearts can ultimately stay afloat ?

Worth pointing out Baillie Gifford are beyond reproach reputation wise.

Which makes this all the more odd.

Baillie Gifford aren’t giving the SPFL anything. He is. From his personal finances. It’s just coincidence that’s the company he is a partner in. Not what I’d be doing with £10 million to be honest. But each to their own.

If Hearts don't have a League to play in next season due to Championship clubs financially unable to fulfil fixtures, then Hearts are finished. Perhaps this financial offer to Championship clubs is to ensure Hearts can ultimately stay afloat ?

That makes sense.

No point in just putting the money into Hearts if they have no-one to play against. So put it into the other clubs as well to keep the whole thing afloat until Hearts can get back up to the top division.

We have no sponsorship so why does he not sponsor the league with clear guidance on the money to be spent and an insistence we finish 2019-20 first?

James Anderson also has a large investment in the Chinese company AliBaba, he is now putting an investment into the SPFL / SFA brand and that will complete the fairytale for him.
AliBaba and the forty thieves.
Pantomime season more like

Insiders say his integrity is beyond reproach and he is far too credible to lay any conditions on his gift to clubs, which will be discussed by SPFL members in a series of meetings over the next 48 hours.

When you read that you just automatically say Aye right ye are!

That makes sense.

No point in just putting the money into Hearts if they have no-one to play against. So put it into the other clubs as well to keep the whole thing afloat until Hearts can get back up to the top division.

This Anderson punter is making this offer, not for Scottish football's benefit, but for Hearts. Of that there is no doubt.

You'll have to expand on that. Which companies/projects have they worked on together.

Does James Anderson know Sharon Mary Brown?

Sharon Mary Brown is a Non-executive Director of the Baillie Gifford Japan trust

Sharon Mary Brown is a member of the Scottish Finance Directors Group and has been a non-executive Director at Celtic plc (Leisure and Recreation) since 2016

Her personal Network consists of the following:

Last edited:
Insiders say his integrity is beyond reproach and he is far too credible to lay any conditions on his gift to clubs, which will be discussed by SPFL members in a series of meetings over the next 48 hours.

If as quoted he is a genuine businessman with Integrity, so do you really think he would be trusting the Corrupt Cabal at the SPFL . ?

That’s up for each person to consider I guess but it would be seen as a risk to the integrity of him and his employers reputation too Should it appear untoward to any individual.

Interesting

As a former journalist I can assure you this article must’ve been written weeks ago by the PR company in readiness for this.
All the guff about his reputation being beyond reproach.
Let’s see if the FF detectives come up with link to the scum or not now his name is in the open.
Rangers must demand a full fit and proper person analysis before any formal offers can even be considered....
Come to think of it if somebody made a complaint to the police of alleged bribery they may be prepared to investigate....
Surely you would need some sort of evidence before they would investigate?

That makes sense.

But make sure it’s just enough to keep the others shite enough

Scottish football is a total fukin embarrassment, run by fukin amateurs, stumbling from one farce to the next.
What next, Neil is talks with a Nigerian prince after receiving an email offering the SPFL $30M.
Just get these c**** to f***! Hearts or Rangers, please file your suits now and put an end to this shit-show.

Nows the time to interdict. Ensure that no club gets a penny of this for at least 2 years until the court decisions finalised.

Every club outside of Rangers in Scotland has to die. Only then shall they rediscover their empathy.

The SPFL should be took to court regardless of the outcome of this 'investment' and reconstruction there is too many unknowns that need to be put out in the open

Does James Anderson know Sharon Mary Brown?

Sharon Mary Brown is a Non-executive Director of the Baillie Gifford Japan trust

Sharon Mary Brown is a member of the Scottish Finance Directors Group and has been a non-executive Director at Celtic plc (Leisure and Recreation) since 2016

Her personal Network consists of the following:

Guilty as charged.

She’ll still need to get all the clubs to vote for the proposals.

I can’t see Rangers backing a proposal where it says “vote for reconstruction and you’ll get x amount of money”. It’s plain bribery.

If Dempster at Hibs votes in favour she will be hung, drawn and quartered by the Hibs support.

Another two clubs in top flight have to reject it. This financial package will be to win over the lower leagues.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Will be more interesting to see if Scumtic vote for it, that will say a lot.

Hearts won't have a League to play in next season if other Championship clubs are unable to fulfil their fixtures. If Hearts can't play games and bring in money, they could then be in serious trouble. Is this financial offer to fund the Championship to ensure Hearts have opposition for next season ? Just a thought.

I guess this’ll mean some ridiculous 14 team league next season and a minimum of 44 league games. If the domestic season is to start August and we are still playing in last seasons UEFA cup in August this could put us at a real disadvantage in terms of fixtures. Given the 2020-21 European fixtures are going to start later more games is the last thing we need

I hate to sound paranoid but they are fking us over already

The money apparently comes with no strings attached. I can’t honestly see clubs like Dundee United , Hibs, county etc changing their votes on this.

Also the clubs who have come out and publicly stated they are against reconstruction all of a sudden change their vote. I honestly can’t see this happening.

Would you trust the SPFL to split the money? No chance.

If Hearts do stay in the division there would be increased pressure that this would need to be investigated as a bribe. It would also ask questions and implicate a number of clubs. Can you also expect Hibs to be happy with this decision? The SPFL would be turning more and more clubs against them - which in turn is good for us.

I can’t see it imo - I’m more on the side that Budge is being taken for another ride.

There is so much wrong with this its hard to know where to start.

First thing that comes to mind is this is bribery, no matter how they try and sell this. The man who funds Hearts is paying clubs to vote Hearts way to stay in the top div.

The next thing it confirms Budge is just a front person, a puppet but a very bad one at that.

Also the way Hearts have been funded since there admin is so way beyond dodgy.

The most frightening thing about this is the fact it will be allowed.

The game is gone up here now, no attemt to hid the corruption.

Insiders say his integrity is beyond reproach and he is far too credible to lay any conditions on his gift to clubs

And this very comment, above all others in the article is why this won’t ever ever be investigated and will be treated purely as a gentleman putting money into a loss making business solely for goodwill purposes. Nothing more than a man giving a business many millions for the absolute sake of it.

this isn’t some Barry Hearn style enterprise where he would invest or bring investors in and build up and popularise a product, this is a very wealthy man just giving his money away just to try and save one club and to help majorly benefit another.

absolute nonsense.

Big man, you want to give money away? Plenty of folk out there who need it, batter on in and help some of the homeless folk out there or some of the single mothers who can’t feed their kids because they can’t afford to look after them and work.

This SPFL mob genuinely think that the very people who keep it afloat are fucking idiots.

the sooner the whole organisation is razed to the ground the better, not in a literal sense of course. The sham should be disbanded as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Should have added.

I would like to us release a statement saying we will not accept any of this money and consider it a bribe in order to get league changes.

Hearts won't have a League to play in next season if other Championship clubs are unable to fulfil their fixtures. If Hearts can't play games and bring in money, they could then be in serious trouble. Is this financial offer to fund the Championship to ensure Hearts have opposition for next season ? Just a thought.
Hearts, are absolutely fine for money.
Foh put in 1.5/2 million a season James Anderson has given them 9 million and said he will back them for at least another 5 years.
I think the Mr Anderson just wants to help out Scottish football.

The only problem I see is he now has to deal with the spfl rats.
That's a huge problem for everyone

I remember a time corruption and bribes had to be kept quiet. These days they can do it openly and nobody apart from us bats an eyelid.

Only in Scotland could this play out:

Team are relegated
Team try and fail to reconstruct league
Fan of team gives money to league bosses
Reconstruction subsequently passes
Team not relegated

Laughing stock

The SPFL says it held a "positive discussion" on Monday morning with James Anderson over his "extremely generous" offer of financial support.

Chief executive Neil Doncaster and chairman Murdoch MacLennan had talks with the businessman, whose proposal is intended to help all 42 clubs.

Hearts owner Ann Budge told BBC Scotland on Saturday she had lined up benefactors keen to invest millions.

Doncaster hopes to progress Anderson's offer "as swiftly as possible".

He added: "The offer from James is an extremely generous one and we have committed to work together to quickly iron out the details and develop a concrete proposal which could make a significant difference to our 42 clubs."

Watch celtic offer Hayes and Erik contracts tomorrow. I know exactly how the money will be 'distributed' by the spfl!

Hearts, are absolutely fine for money.
Foh put in 1.5/2 million a season James Anderson has given them 9 million and said he will back them for at least another 5 years.
I think the Mr Anderson just wants to help out Scottish football.

The only problem I see is he now has to deal with the spfl rats.
That's a huge problem for everyone

Then what other clubs has he been investing in each season? He wants to help out Hearts and serve their interests.

That’s fine, but we all know exactly what this proposal is and who it is to help.

I’d say this is probably likely.

And as long as there genuinely is no strings attached in the form of reconstruction then I don’t have a problem with it.

Last edited:
If Hearts get to buy a place in the top league we may as well give up on any fairness in the future. Sporting integrity is dead and buried in Scotland and we as a club cant just stand by and not pass comment on this corruption. For those who think we need to win friends I would say it should not be friends at any cost.
It was on life support some time ago, this latest farce only proves its time to switch the machine off.
It actually suits Doncaster and co.down to the ground as it not only provides them more bribe money to ensure their reconstruction goes through but keeps the crooks in a job because no one will take them to court.

I would like to see what the offer is.Remember the reason our leagues are in this mess is because of the indecent rush of Doncaster,McLennan,McKenzie and Liewell to gift celtic the title.
Ideally we want rid of this cabal asap for not just our benefit but for the benefit of the rest of the game.
In the meanwhile if this offer can dilute their grip on the game I would take that for starters.

Back