Wes on Open Goal

Guys, unless you listen to the interview don't comment slandering him.

Wes was decent for us and always comes across well as a person. He only said the club tried to sell him when McGregor first came in and failed to.

I think that's a failing for the club more than anything because he should've been easy to market given his age and experience. I think Ross Wilson will do much better business for us going forward in terms of getting a return on people.

Aside from that his comments on Warbs, Pedro and Murty are all fair. The recruitment going up to the Premiership was all wrong for how we'd been playing.

My only memories of Wes are shipping a torrent of goals against the filth. Regardless of the defence a rangers goalkeeper should give a better account of himself. I won’t miss him.

edit: Still, he was a Ranger in difficult times so wish him all the best.

Last edited:
So my old man listened to it there and said there’s only one bit he’s critical of the club and it’s because we tried and failed to sell him when McGregor came back?

It’s hilarious the amount of folk who think Wes was in goals in the 5-0 gubbing by Celtic..

He wasn't critical about the club at all. It was more the people responsible for trying to sell him at the time. It's fair enough.

I was really surprised at his relationship with Gerrard. I thought they had a strong rapport but that's evidently not the case. He says Gerrard told him straight up that he wasn't his type of person.

It’ll be all over the papers, his comments edited and out of context, and it’ll be headlines as a negative

I wouldn’t say what he said was out of order. He didn’t get personal about it, just said the facts according to him.

Unfairly dropped a few times after covering for McGregors petulant behaviour - easily capable of being Rangers number 1 - wish him all the best in his next venture.
Gerrard said if you get your chance it's your Jersey to lose. McGregor gets himself suspended and big Wes has a good game against Killie making a great save at a vital time. following week McGregor straight back in. So much for having to fight for you Jersey.

He wasn't critical about the club at all. It was more the people responsible for trying to sell him at the time. It's fair enough.

I was really surprised at his relationship with Gerrard. I thought they had a strong rapport but that's evidently not the case. He says Gerrard told him straight up that he wasn't his type of person.

This sums it up......nothing majorly controversial

Wes was a decent keeper for us, he had his weaknesses, hence the reason he signed for a team in the 2nd tier of scottish fitba.
For some reason.a lot of our fans want to hate our ex players when the leave.
It's a certainty he's getting abuse on his social media now.
Ex gers Players get worse a use than ex mentally challengeds for some bizzare reason.

Wes was a good keeper for Rangers and I wish him well. He’s not had much of a look in because Shagger is, well, better. So it’s hardly surprising that he’s hurting a little at not getting a move earlier.

Guys, unless you listen to the interview don't comment slandering him.

Wes was decent for us and always comes across well as a person. He only said the club tried to sell him when McGregor first came in and failed to.

I think that's a failing for the club more than anything because he should've been easy to market given his age and experience. I think Ross Wilson will do much better business for us going forward in terms of getting a return on people.

Aside from that his comments on Warbs, Pedro and Murty are all fair. The recruitment going up to the Premiership was all wrong for how we'd been playing.
This.

So my old man listened to it there and said there’s only one bit he’s critical of the club and it’s because we tried and failed to sell him when McGregor came back?

It’s hilarious the amount of folk who think Wes was in goals in the 5-0 gubbing by Celtic..

Alnwick should always be fondly remembered for some important saves in that game, one especially not long after their 5th.

Watched the Rangers part of it

I think he is more bitter toward the process of trying selling him A new manager comes in and decides he wants a better player happens all the time

Wes done us a turn at the level we were operating at have no issues with that clearly enjoy his time with us and wish him well in the future

Some of the Di Canio stuff is hilarious, seems like he thought he was being a bit of a disciplinarian but the players treated it as a giant laugh most of the time.

I liked Wes. McGregor is a better keeper but Wes did us a turn over the years, would be a decent signing for a club on a free.

Back