Paisley North RSC

Before your time.The bank only hired Prods back then. I started at the old Cross then we moved to the piazza and merged with High Street branch way back in the early 70s before coming to Canada.

Searching the memory banks here. I think that Jimmy Bilsland owned the Tudor while one of his other brothers owned the pub behind Canal St.Station. I just used to get the Western bus to Ibrox as I was a country dweller from Elderslie. Later on, I would meet my mates at the Lighthouse and get the bus from the cross.
Happy innocent days.

Before your time.The bank only hired Prods back then. I started at the old Cross then we moved to the piazza and merged with High Street branch way back in the early 70s before coming to Canada.
Lucky individual. I started in 79 and Desmond Coella and a caaant called Dennis Gray who played junior were the big guys. I was 16 they were all rancid.
They were all delighted when I was set amongst them.
My mum who sadly left us long ago said that she was devastated when her pal said “Your Thomas is a lovely boy, but he is an Orange Barsteward” I thought good at least I have got them to understand.

Where was the 3 horseshoes ? I helped run The Tudor Loyal in the 80”s

I went on the Tudor Loyal for years great bus. I remember the 4-4 old firm game back to Tudor then overnight down to Chelsea v Man City at Wembley. Final score in that one was 5-4.
Still see Keith Fordyce from time to time

I started in 63 at Hope St in Glasgow then was banished to Parkhead Cross before wangling a shift o Paisley.Had a stint at the old Airport branch and quit when they sent me to Buchanan St,Office. Buchanan Street was an Office and not a Branch back then. Dead posh.

I went on the Tudor Loyal for years great bus. I remember the 4-4 old firm game back to Tudor then overnight down to Chelsea v Man City at Wembley. Final score in that one was 5-4.
Can you contact him ? Would love to catch up with Blackadder when we are allowed back out under Herr Sturgeon

Methil Bear....Three Horseshoes then became Centre Circle then Chaplins.On one way system now accountants.I also travelled home and away on Tudor from its early days.In later years of bus my brother Andy and Keith ran it.

Willie?

I started in 63 at Hope St in Glasgow then was banished to Parkhead Cross before wangling a shift o Paisley.Had a stint at the old Airport branch and quit when they sent me to Buchanan St,Office. Buchanan Street was an Office and not a Branch back then. Dead posh.
ffs I was born in Dec 62 good on you I feel young now

Can you contact him ? Would love to catch up with Blackadder when we are allowed back out under Herr Sturgeon

Yeh. He’s on Facebook but doesn’t post much but if you message him through that you’ll probably get a reply

Pm your details and I ll pass them on next time I see him

He only goes to Ibrox now or away friendlies in England. He hasn’t gone to an away game since 2012. You know what he’s like. A stubborn man

Yeh. He’s on Facebook but doesn’t post much but if you message him through that you’ll probably get a reply

Pm your details and I ll pass them on next time I see him

He only goes to Ibrox now or away friendlies in England. He hasn’t gone to an away game since 2012. You know what he’s like. A stubborn man
How do i pm is that start conversation ? I am not on fb because i would get lifted .

To Bankie, the Original Poster, did you have any idea that your O.P. would lead to so much reminiscence and also so many of The People getting back in touch with each other ?
should be the nature of the beast, I imagine this is what Social Media was supposed to be ? It has in many cases become anti-social media ! Has MD sorted it

I think my first interaction was from Centre Circle days before it became Chaplins. Getting bus from Barrhead with J.Y(John307)Brian Fulton , JohanFyffe (FF), Sammy Berry. Lots of beer before supporters bus to wherever. During those times we met the Paisley crew of K.F ( the Adder), Andy and Wullie Mac, big Strachan, E.F, J.M. and many others. Thereafter the Tudor became the meeting place. The Bislands were really good publicans.They tried to keep a peaceful balance in all their pubs, Tudor, Afton and Bislands, the last 2 being close to Canal st Station. Our crowd were situated at the rear of the Tudor with a great view of the many lovely barmaids they employed. I had a 'dalliance' with Kay, sometimes referred to as Dierdre, great Tits and a very 'useful' mouth.
There was also another woman , Jackie, I actually moved in with for a while, she would arrive in th Tudor with a shift dress, sussies and no knickers, as i said , wonderful times.
I might have just given away my ID to many on here who know me, HO HUM

Yeh. Start conversation

l you live at the top of Neilston Rd near Potterhill ?
No Foxbar I went to Foxbar Primary then Camphill (where Billy leckie was a good pal). He is not a 19th Century Terrorist despite what many on here think but he was always a left winger who defo loved St Mirren but hated both OF.
I then lived in Anchor Cres, since all over

I think my first interaction was from Centre Circle days before it became Chaplins. Getting bus from Barrhead with J.Y(John307)Brian Fulton , JohanFyffe (FF), Sammy Berry. Lots of beer before supporters bus to wherever. During those times we met the Paisley crew of K.F ( the Adder), Andy and Wullie Mac, big Strachan, E.F, J.M. and many others. Thereafter the Tudor became the meeting place. The Bislands were really good publicans.They tried to keep a peaceful balance in all their pubs, Tudor, Afton and Bislands, the last 2 being close to Canal st Station. Our crowd were situated at the rear of the Tudor with a great view of the many lovely barmaids they employed. I had a 'dalliance' with Kay, sometimes referred to as Dierdre, great Tits and a very 'useful' mouth.
There was also another woman , Jackie, I actually moved in with for a while, she would arrive in th Tudor with a shift dress, sussies and no knickers, as i said , wonderful times.
I might have just given away my ID to many on here who know me, HO HUM
ffs I must know you. I was there every week ! You must have been really pished because I cannot remember the waitresses being fit. Too young maybe, me I mean. I remember wee Patty starting the singing up the back whennthe monkeys stole the League from Hearts

No Foxbar I went to Foxbar Primary then Camphill (where Billy leckie was a good pal). He is not a 19th Century Terrorist despite what many on here think but he was always a left winger who defo loved St Mirren but hated both OF.

I was in the fairly large group of Glenburn lads that went on the Tudor.

After Tudor / Carnegies the bus left from Travellers Rest

The day the mentally challengeds won the league in 86 we were at Ibrox. Still took a double decker and I remember the police on the bus at the one way telling us absolutely no singing so straight away HF stood up and started ALTOGETHER NOW.... bus rocking all the way through those mentally challenged bastards

The day the mentally challengeds won the league in 86 we were at Ibrox. Still took a double decker and I remember the police on the bus at the one way telling us absolutely no singing so straight away HF stood up and started ALTOGETHER NOW.... bus rocking all the way through those mentally challenged bastards
I went to Fort William for a year with RBS and when i came back was involved in running bus. Richard Gough phoned my house as he was our POTY I thought it was Fordyce or someone else taking the piss and was swearing at him down the phone

Methillbear, you are correct, I was always pished, but I do recal having many great shags and blowjobs, so no regrets . I'm M. H. I was Brian Fulton' s best man when he married Liz.

Methillbear, you are correct, I was always pished, but I do recal having many great shags and blowjobs, so no regrets . I'm M. H. I was Brian Fulton' s best man when he married Liz.
I hope it wisn
I think I was in Dundee by then but I know all the guys you are on about. I am TD but the secret squirrel stuff is strange. I absolutely must know you ffs. I sat next to G in the Govan Stand and BF would cal us Stadler and Waldorf. When we played in Edinburgh we went to Beau Brummels not Rose St

Obviously I'm doing my best, while blootered, to follow Data Protection rules and without the consent of others, cannot name them, unless they are no longer with us. Actually rules of Freemasonry, long before GDPR.
Incedentally Kay ( Tudor barmaid) was a remarkably wonderful shag. For information purposes only. Yeeehaaa.

I used to go on a bus that picked up at a pub called Websters, not a Paisley man myself but used to meet a mate of mine Graham Muir (Gram) was his nickname. We worked together, that would have been in the 90's. Good days.

I used to go on a bus that picked up at a pub called Websters, not a Paisley man myself but used to meet a mate of mine Graham Muir (Gram) was his nickname. We worked together, that would have been in the 90's. Good days.

Wee Gram used to go on the Castle Street bus when I went on it. Cracking wee guy, not seen him in years.

Grew up on the Tudor bus myself and have some great memories of the lads who all looked after each other. Remember a few smashed windows although the worst was the day we drove past Bairds on the way to the Piggery, St Paddies day as we had blown up shamrocks being waved at us, I think our lads delt out more than a few sore faces.
I was the coke and crisps kid in the Tudor however we were allowed inside the Travellers rest and were usually sneaked into the pubs in away days.
Was it Brian who worked for the council and lived in Gallowhill as pretty sure he sold a car for an away day trip, I also learned some many long forgotten Rangers tunes

ffs I must know you. I was there every week ! You must have been really pished because I cannot remember the waitresses being fit. Too young maybe, me I mean. I remember wee Patty starting the singing up the back whennthe monkeys stole the League from Hearts

His standards weren’t that high back in the day mate!!!

Searching the memory banks here. I think that Jimmy Bilsland owned the Tudor while one of his other brothers owned the pub behind Canal St.Station. I just used to get the Western bus to Ibrox as I was a country dweller from Elderslie. Later on, I would meet my mates at the Lighthouse and get the bus from the cross.
Happy innocent days.
Pretty sure it was Robert and John who owned the Tudor and Jimmy owned the Station Bar on Canal Street. Jimmy then bought or had a share in Harvies Bar on the Glasgow Road beside the old Ice Rink.

KF messaged this morning. I think he was a little surprised to see some had him dead and buried.

I ll pass the details on TD

Was out golfing this morning with a smile on my face thinking about our away days. Every Saturday we left to arrive wherever for the pubs opening but Aberdeen and Dundee us young lads were usually pished before we got there.

I remember seven us got separated looking for LD in Aberdeen. Found a nice wee boozer and settled in there. How were we supposed to know it’s where the Aberdeen mob congregate. I’d love to say we gave a good account of ourselves.... at least I went down swinging. Oooft what a kicking

Grew up on the Tudor bus myself and have some great memories of the lads who all looked after each other. Remember a few smashed windows although the worst was the day we drove past Bairds on the way to the Piggery, St Paddies day as we had blown up shamrocks being waved at us, I think our lads delt out more than a few sore faces.
I was the coke and crisps kid in the Tudor however we were allowed inside the Travellers rest and were usually sneaked into the pubs in away days.
Was it Brian who worked for the council and lived in Gallowhill as pretty sure he sold a car for an away day trip, I also learned some many long forgotten Rangers tunes
How on earth we ended up down the Barras before an OF game i've never understood. I was near the front where a window got put in...seem to remember someone at the back got hold of one of the mhanks and administered retribution.

Castle street loyal mate,wee Gram still goes on it

Castle street loyal mate,wee Gram still goes on it

You still go mate?
Me and my boy go on the Cross Stobs bus from Barrhead. 3 buses now from Barrhead, Rumours, Wee Arras ( mini bus) and about 20 on the Cross Stobs bus, more for bigger games. The Wee Arras from 307 was a great wee club. Still got my tie and gold tie pin.

No, definitely not, but great to see so many people with good memories from that time and area. Unfortunately no one that remembers my uncle, but was a long time ago.

You still go mate?
Me and my boy go on the Cross Stobs bus from Barrhead. 3 buses now from Barrhead, Rumours, Wee Arras ( mini bus) and about 20 on the Cross Stobs bus, more for bigger games. The Wee Arras from 307 was a great wee club. Still got my tie and gold tie pin.
Yes mate only home games,haven't been to away game since we were back stabbed

You still go mate?
I've still got my own wee arras tie

I stayed in Anchor estate ( wynd then drive) I know who you are now, yer wee da still there?

Was it Davie Moyes bus that left from String fellows. I remember being their the night of the infamous Jim White, Mark Walters, jacket night

How on earth we ended up down the Barras before an OF game i've never understood. I was near the front where a window got put in...seem to remember someone at the back got hold of one of the mhanks and administered retribution.
i was on the bus at this time, near the back and a few had jumped of when bus stopped roughly right opposite barrowlands, ended up pulling a few back on through the emergency exit when the bus started moving. crazy times..

Pretty sure it was Robert and John who owned the Tudor and Jimmy owned the Station Bar on Canal Street. Jimmy then bought or had a share in Harvies Bar on the Glasgow Road beside the old Ice Rink.
It was Joe that had Harvies

I was on that trip as well. I think I was the youngest on the bus, I was only 15 but what an adventure. Is that you AB. The boy quadey was dragged on the bus and he was a st Mirren fan.

Back