Stewart Robertson Interview - 3 June 2020

I’ll be renewing and taking the refund / voucher thanks.

They announced the £25 voucher ages ago, really poor it took this long.

The amount is less than 0.1% of the money I’ve put in over the years. I think it’s a very pragmatic approach I’m taking whereas, “Support the club, WATP” is a very 13 year old lassie way of thinking.

The season has only officially finished 10 days ago. Perhaps, fighting for us in the hope of actually playing it to a conclusion, had them with a different view of it all to the sleekit lot across the city.

Take yer money back then.

If even only half of the people who could do so, it'll cost us a Hagi type £3m player

You be pragmatic all you want.

Pragmatism suggest if we dont win the league in 20/21, it'll be due to not having had enough good players.

I'll let you add that one up...

I don’t think any of us should tell anyone how to support the team, for all we know the poster might need the money. I’m lucky I don’t but if I did then the offer might not be as easy to turn down as it is now.

He's wanting a refund because he's in a huff about the club's "attitude" mate.

You are majorly down on this but tbh the plans for 2022 look great.

The area badly needs regeneration so some modern apartments wouldn't go amiss. The Ed House project looks impressive with the museum and store. The new walkway between stadium and Ed House could be similar to outside Anfield which is properly paved and immaculately kept.

We are aquiring alternative parking, a new sports bar, we have a 25 year lease on the sports complex opposite the main stand and could spruce that up. It all sounds excellent. Bisgrove is impressing me as an outsider. If there's something negative about what's happening I don't see it?

With Regards to Bigrove I have to agree - I think has a whole Rangers have been pretty good the last few years in moving forwards yet he seems to have brought in fresh and creative ideas.

Something I thought about as well

Effectively abortive work

The option is we dont refurb the shop at all, can't sell anything in it for two years and lose out on revenue.

Thst makes less sense than spending £250k as part of a £15m deal to immediately return profits.

Thought that was a decent update. EH upgrade is something that I was always in favour of, glad its going to happen.

Planning approvals I would hope are going to be straightforward otherwise the bias from GCC will be highlighted post lock-down. Jobs will be created, so hopefully development grants will be available.

Regarding challenging the SPFL, I can only assume that the club will await the result of Friday's vote and whether Hearts are forced to go legal, or we have decided our evidence isn't strong enough to stand up in court?

Sounds pretty much like we are moving on to 20/21.

Utter bullshit from the board all the 'we won't be found wanting' and 'staus quo cannot hold' garbage was just that.

Oh here look what we are building and here's a £25 voucher off you pop.
Get off there backs. That was a great interview. Positive and lots of positive things happening around the club. %^*& the SPL.

I think it’s irrelevant, I paid to attend all home league games and that hasn’t happened. A refund is due.

I take the fact we voted to end the season into account too.

The uber staunch will give themselves a clap on the back for not claiming and that’s fair enough if they think it makes them more of a fan.
You’re taking the huff because of a global pandemic. I’m with everyone else, asking for a refund, if you don’t need it, because you’re in a huff that they didn’t offer it sooner is absolutely stinkin’ behaviour.

I don’t think any of us should tell anyone how to support the team, for all we know the poster might need the money. I’m lucky I don’t but if I did then the offer might not be as easy to turn down as it is now.

I've not worn that argument since it was first mooted a while back.

What was the poster going to do if the games were played and "he needed the money?" Having already spent it on a ST.

That argument doesn't stack up at all for me.

The "uber staunch," as you call them, will make up 99% of the fanbase in this case.

We are truly fortunate that we have directors and investors happy enough to plough millions of their own money into our club, to keep it afloat during these hard times, yet you want a refund because you're in the huff?

You're no Rangers supporter.

I’ve plough tens of thousands into the club over decades, ~£100 is %^*& all.

As previously stated I have a few grievances rather than a huff, unsurprising the talk of legal challenge has gone away now that renewals have rolled in.

Now there’s talk of various improvements when the club are asking for more money / to retain money from last season. Frankly I’m sceptical.

The option is we dont refurb the shop at all, can't sell anything in it for two years and lose out on revenue.

Thst makes less sense than spending £250k as part of a £15m deal to immediately return profits.

Perhaps if the club know they will change the use of the space they will design it accordingly so that it's easily converted in a couple of years.

I think it’s irrelevant, I paid to attend all home league games and that hasn’t happened. A refund is due.

I take the fact we voted to end the season into account too.

The uber staunch will give themselves a clap on the back for not claiming and that’s fair enough if they think it makes them more of a fan.
Correct me if I am wrong but the terms and conditions state you are not due a refund if I remember correctly.

Feels like that full interview was a plea to fans not to take refunds. Also feel as if we’ve been here a hundred times listening to the grand plans the club have for Ibrox and surrounding areas, we will see if they come to fruition. Hopefully they do but I won’t get my hopes up just yet.
all beautifully timed, like the court threats, to sell ST's. You can't kid a kidder.

Perhaps if the club know they will change the use of the space they will design it accordingly so that it's easily converted in a couple of years.

Quite possible that that's the case or at least some of the displays and signage can be reused.

I think people who don't work in construction/ refurb work would he surprised at just how often companies spend money to generate cash for things which seem very short term to the normal eye.

I see businesses fit out offices they know they're not staying in past a two year lease regularly because it makes them more during that period than not spending it at all and having no office / retail unit that suits their needs.

I’ve plough tens of thousands into the club over decades, ~£100 is %^*& all.

As previously stated I have a few grievances rather than a huff, unsurprising the talk of legal challenge has gone away now that renewals have rolled in.

Now there’s talk of various improvements when the club are asking for more money / to retain money from last season. Frankly I’m sceptical.

Well, the refund is there if you want it.

Thankfully you'll be an irrelevant minority and thankfully the board and investors aren't "sceptical" about funding our shortfall.

It was a decent update but missing some stuff I’d like to know

What are the club going to do about the spfl . We can’t Just leave it there . We will be a laughing stock if we do

What’s happening with safe standing . If it can’t happen why not

What’s happening with the ticket office . Is it part of the plans . It’s an eye sore . I’d like it moved into the current megastore or edminston house

What more does everyone want the club to do with regards the title? I would rather see the club use money to focus on winning it next season than fighting Doncaster in court.

Its nothing to do with stopping the poets get there tainted title it’s all to do with being on a level playing field next season.
If we don’t get shot of those 3 rats it’ll be the same shite with the compliance officer and bent refs.

Get off there backs. That was a great interview. Positive and lots of positive things happening around the club. %^*& the SPL.

Aye fair enough I was a bit harsh, but watching all the good things in that video and then seeing Robertson now just shrug it off and let's forget about it was a bit of a disappointment.

And your right lots to get excited about at the club just now happy in that aspect.

Maybe they weren't entirely sure of the situation and wanted to see what the position was before agreeing something which cost us dearly.

Taking it due to the attitude is very "13 year old lassie" levels of spite.

You either want the club to have the money or not. Don't use this as an excuse.

Haha, I immediately thought of my daughter having a hissy fit. These will be the first people to demand investment from the board into players.

Delighted to see the club will offer refunds for the cancelled games.
If even just a few need it then it should be done.

So if I'm making this up as I need attention: this right we are doing up the current megastore for next season through Castores £250k investment, then we are building a new bar area where the megastore is and moving it somewhere else. Does not make sense spending £250k then moving it a few years later.

Looks like a really positive commercial strategy is now in place. We have fallen way behind on this in recent years. I thought the whole interview was positive. Clearly the interview was not for the purpose of discussing the recent outcome of the EGM vote but it's still a big elephant in the room. I would have liked to know if the club are still pursuing answers and and still pursuing the request for an independent enquiry further or have the board now stepped back permanently?

This is true. If paid upfront they can get into first 3 home games. That’s all I know just now.

Stewart Robertson suggested small numbers would be allowed but then seemed to contradict it later in the interview. Hope you’re right though!

Last edited:
Personally i would only ask for a refund if Financially i really needed it otherwise its the club its hurting, its not as if they seen this coming and all the expenditure would have been accounted for

It was a decent update but missing some stuff I’d like to know

What are the club going to do about the spfl . We can’t Just leave it there . We will be a laughing stock if we do

What’s happening with safe standing . If it can’t happen why not

What’s happening with the ticket office . Is it part of the plans . It’s an eye sore . I’d like it moved into the current megastore or edminston house
I recollect a post the ticket office will move into office space within the stadium

So, in terms of a pro-rata refund for the 'missing 2019/20 games' these are actually available for those who are genuinely hard up and can't afford to leave this money with the club and are suffering hardship (a morally correct stance IMO).

The £25 voucher is a loyalty reward for ST holders which can be used to purchase club products (including MyGers).

It is the former that Stewart Robertson is asking fans not to take the former rather than the latter - is that correct (although some may not take the voucher either)?

Supporter Update
We announced when we launched our season tickets that we would offer a £25 voucher as a loyalty reward if the season was curtailed early. I outlined how season-ticket holders will be able to claim their voucher and use it to purchase club products by emailing ticketcentre@rangers.co.uk.

Within the interview, I also address questions on refunds for cancelled games last season, should any supporter wish to claim one. Rest assured, however, if you choose to leave your money within the club, it will be re-invested into the first-team squad. Further information on the process for refund requests will be issued next week​

Last edited:
Really enjoyed that.

Me and my dad will be renewing our season tickets shortly. We’ll both sign up to MyGers when we can apply £25 refund.

Absolutely vital we all keep pumping money into the club. Some very exciting developments and I’m 100% behind the board.

I’ve been a critic of Robertson but more engagement with fans like that will only increase his popularity. Until now he’s been hiding.

That message should of been out months ago, I’ll be requesting mine due to the attitude taken.
If that's your reason for taking it then you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself.
Let's hope you're in the minority.

Did you not listen to the guy and what the club are doing with that money?
You want yours back because it took over a week to inform us.

Just tell us what you really are.

P.S. "Should have"

What about the SPFL, Doncaster, MacLennan and the rest of the cabal.

Roll over, move on and just suck it up?

Dont think this was the time or place to be getting into that.

This was all positives for Rangers and really interesting, we wont be hearing anymore about that until till the hearts situation gets sorted so no reason for him to bring it up.

Sounds pretty much like we are moving on to 20/21.

Utter bullshit from the board all the 'we won't be found wanting' and 'staus quo cannot hold' garbage was just that.

Oh here look what we are building and here's a £25 voucher off you pop.
Who knows what's happening behind the scenes but for me personally I would rather the focus is on next season and money spent on the team and Stadium infrastructure than litigation.There is a lot to be happy about in that interview.If you would rather have your money back for the missed games this season that's available to you instead of the £25.00 voucher.

Back