Stewart Robertson Interview - 3 June 2020

An update from Managing Director Stewart Robertson on a range of topics including:

Transfer Market
RangersTV
Kit & Retail
MyGers & Season Ticket Voucher
Project 2022
Edmiston House
Club Museum

A wee bit gutted that there is no update with regards to the corrupt SPFL being taken to task.
keeping it all about Rangers that's a negative to bring into a positive conversation

So if I'm making this up as I need attention: this right we are doing up the current megastore for next season through Castores £250k investment, then we are building a new bar area where the megastore is and moving it somewhere else. Does not make sense spending £250k then moving it a few years later.

It 100% makes sense.

The alternative option is we dont spent it and dont have a club shop at the stadium meaning we lose out on far more money than that £250k. It's a drop in the ocean as far as the revenue it'll bring in costs.

As someone else said too, we can plan for the bar area while doing the shop up too to minimise the upgrades required in 2022 AND we'll be able to reuse a lot of the fixtures and fittings in the EH retail space too.

I don't know how some people function when they can't figure out that marketing and executive level business men are aware of how to turn a profit from a retail situation like this.

Do folk think they've not considered the costs against return?

Are they waiting from Billy fae the internet saying "is it no' be better no' spending that cash instead? Huv yeez thought about that, eh?"

%^*& me.

Last edited:
I understand some will feel aggrieved or certainly if their own situation means that a refund would make a difference to their family situation. Either way we should not be battering each other up over it each of us is different. I am in the fortunate situation where I am able to look at what the board members have done in terms of interest free loans etc. to rebuild the club. Their money went in to the training ground improvements and coaching and support staff. My money from the 19/20 season ticket was used last year to buy the likes of Kent etc. in turn those investments brought more European football nights.
I will not ask for a refund but I totally understand some will have to ask for refunds and that's ok but if you can I would urge you to not to as that will be taken from this season's transfer fund. That is just how football works.

It 100% makes sense.

The alternative option is we dont spent it and dont have a club shop at the stadium meaning we lose out on far more money than that £250k. It's a drop in the ocean as far as the revenue it'll bring in costs.

As someone else said too, we can plan for the bar area while doing the shop up too to minimise the upgrades required in 2022 AND we'll be able to reuse a lot of the fixtures and fittings in the EH retail space too.

I don't know how some people function when they can't figure out that marketing and executive level business men are aware of how to turn a profit from a retail situation like this.

Do folk think they've not considered the costs against return?

Are they waiting from Billy fae the internet saying "I prefer men it no' be better no' spending that cash instead? Hizuv yeez thought about that, eh?"

%^*& me.
Spot on.

The £250k isn’t even our money, it’s Castore’s.

If we make £2m from the megastore for one season, we’ve made an overall profit as we spent hee haw on the renovation.

Spot on.

The £250k isn’t even our money, it’s Castore’s.

If we make £2m from the megastore for one season, we’ve made an overall profit as we spent hee haw on the renovation.

Dammit I thought I got the edit on that "I prefer men" in quick enough when I realsier what the swear filter did.

So if I'm making this up as I need attention: this right we are doing up the current megastore for next season through Castores £250k investment, then we are building a new bar area where the megastore is and moving it somewhere else. Does not make sense spending £250k then moving it a few years later.
Two main reasons for this. 1 - the Megastore isn’t fit for purpose, it’s suffered from neglect for years. Castore wouldn’t want to launch and sell their flagship in those conditions and I don’t think we’d want that either. 2 - SD would be less likely to match a contract that had this £250k refurb in it, it would be money down the drain for them.

The uber staunch will give themselves a clap on the back for not claiming and that’s fair enough if they think it makes them more of a fan.
It 100% does make them better fans than someone who's taking the huff because the club is proceeding on a different tangent to what they personally want.
You bite the bullet and support the club you love, even if you're unhappy with some things.

Absolutely f uck all to do with being "uber staunch."
By f uck I hate that tired phrase, it should come with a ban.

It 100% does make them better fans than someone who's taking the huff because the club is proceeding on a different tangent to what they personally want.
You bite the bullet and support the club you love, even if you're unhappy with some things.

Absolutely f uck all to do with being "uber staunch."
By f uck I hate that tired phrase, it should come with a ban.
Are you just going to go through each of my posts as you read the thread quoting them?

Spoiler, I ask a relevant question later on.

Some really exciting news and times ahead.

Fair play to the club for offering refunds based on recent communications about games being played behind closed doors.

Disappointing to hear SR say that “we now have to look ahead to 20/21” when asked about the ending of last season. I fear that we are accepting the status quo.

Anyone who takes a refund when they don’t really need it are harming the club it’s as simple as that.

If you’ve lost your job or are struggling financially due to all this then fair enough.

“I’ve put loads in through the years so this is a drop in the ocean” doesn’t apply here. Robertson has just pretty much said in his interview the club have factored last seasons money in the budget already.

I don’t get the 250k megastore refurb to be replaced with a new store in Edminston House within 2 years.

I do get Castore is paying it but still doesn’t make sense

I’m not in the building or furnishing trade but I wouldn’t imagine that £250k investment into a store/shop that size will make any significant transformation.

I couldn’t get my head round why we were shouting about it at the time. It seems relatively insignificant imo (although I could be way off the mark).
Prob just Castore having to drag the state of the store up off its knees.

Same 'fans' who will be lining up for a refund , will be the same ones screaming come transfer window night to splash out a few quid and sign someone.

Should bookmark all these posters who are going to ask for a refund and watch their posts during the window while they complain we are not signing quality.. etc.
That isn’t fair. Some people will take it because they need it.

Anyone who takes a refund when they don’t really need it are harming the club it’s as simple as that.

If you’ve lost your job or are struggling financially due to all this then fair enough.

“I’ve put loads in through the years so this is a drop in the ocean” doesn’t apply here. Robertson has just pretty much said in his interview the club have factored last seasons money in the budget already.

I wasn’t planning to accept a refund and probably still won’t but the way bar72 punters have been mucked about its very tempting to at least get something back

What about the SPFL, Doncaster, MacLennan and the rest of the cabal.

Roll over, move on and just suck it up?

sounds like we are giving up

“Through our involvement in the Joint Response Groups, we’ve been encouraged by the SPFL, SFA and Government indications that the Premiership is set to begin, on time, in August and that a gradual reintroduction of supporters in to stadiums remains a key focus, as soon as its safe to do so.”

Which , of course , is at odds with a previous statement .

upload

As far as the museum goes, I’d love to see what range of kits the club has from over the years

Good update.

Glad to see some real plans on the future of Edminston House. A the club of stature of oyrs hould have a museum and those other facilities like bars and fan zone. Copland Lane idea looks interesting too.

Also linking in with a larger store on the same site makes sense. Anyone that has been on the Hamburg tour should know what I mean. Hopefully helps create more non-match day income which is very welcome.

The sale of part of Albion car park certainly makes sense now if part of the funds are being used to create a revenue stream for the club that doesn’t currently exist. Certainly seems like a sensible move instead holding on to unprofitable land and assets for the sake of it.

What I would like to know is what the fans that are demanding the club only take about fighting Doncaster, the SPFL etc actually want to happen? I see demands for action but never any suggestions on what that action should be. What should the club do?

Its nothing to do with stopping the poets get there tainted title it’s all to do with being on a level playing field next season.
If we don’t get shot of those 3 rats it’ll be the same shite with the compliance officer and bent refs.
Absolutely spot on

Although I won’t be claiming a refund I have no problem whatsoever with anyone doing so. All this stuff about them not caring for the club is bollocks to me. Why should they pay for something they haven’t received if they don’t want to. What about people who buy tickets on a week to week basis. Do people expect them to send their money in for the unplayed games

A list of posters declaring they want there cash back should be pinned front page so we can pull them through the season when they post complaining about we need better players.......we all know it will happen

Seems more and more people are just happy to accept the corrupt governance.. Strange
Wilson & now Robertson have said "we need to move on", which suggests to me we are done - slapped down, back in our box, with seemingly nowhere else to go...

It's not entirely our fault - despite what has been carried out in plain sight being absolutely staggering, the majority of clubs simply accepted it on the promise of a two bob bit this summer, and now washers for sponsorship next season. Poodles, the lot of them.

Hearts will no doubt get their reconstruction thanks to their friendly donor, which will make the threat of legal action against the SPFL vanish, and on the face of it nobody in the top leagues cares too much about the lower leagues, so mission accomplished for Doncaster, and everyone can now be grateful and focus on willing them on to their "10th" title in a row*.

It's utterly sickening.

Seems more and more people are just happy to accept the corrupt governance.. Strange
This is what REALLY fucks me off.
The club made a massive song and dance about it all, statements every other day, dossiers etc.
Lines about the status quo cannot continue and the club will not be found wanting.
Well guess what.... We have been found wanting, we are a fucking laughing stock amongst at least 10 other spfl clubs after all the bluster.
We've had to sit back now and allow them to be awarded a trophy to do their 9'in a row (regardless of how many times we keep stating it isn't)' and even today we have been trolled by them thanking Doncaster and sky for basically assisting the carve up.
If that REALLY is the end of it and we are now 'looking ahead to getting football back'........
we've had to put up with blatant cheating costing us points all season long, we watched them be awarded the league cup via a BLATANT offside goal then to top it all off we witnessed a blatant carve up to ensure they got that title handed to them again.
So the reality for me is if we have accepted it as a club there ain't much point in next season as it'll be the same shit every week from the cabal at the top table to ensure they 10 in a row happens.
The 'competition' will continue to not be allowed to be a competition, merely everyone else is a pawn to make the scum ' history makers' (a line from taken from today's nauseating sky/virtual ticket announcement).

What I would like to know is what the fans that are demanding the club only take about fighting Doncaster, the SPFL etc actually want to happen? I see demands for action but never any suggestions on what that action should be. What should the club do?

this is on the board . They demanded the resignation of the three mentally challengeds on the SPFL board . They demanded an independent enquiry .
They told us they wouldn’t be found wanting and the status quo cannot hold .

but since our resolution defeat ,we have not said a thing while lawwell congratulates the SPFL , the SPFL tell us there was a unanimous vote (without any correction from us ) and then plug the new season by telling us Celtic are going for 10 .

If the board lack the courage to see this through , they should tell the support . Sadly some of this is very reminiscent of David Murray . Placate the restless bears with positive PR .

if this is the end of the road with our fight with the SPFL we look impotent or were we bought off with the SFA abandonment of the res12 thing .

the least the board can do is let the support know where they stand

I’m buzzing after watching that.

This is the most positive I have felt about our club in a very long time. We will be back in our rightful place very soon.

Really exciting prospects moving towards the 150 year anniversary and I hope we are all back inside grounds by them.
I am not particularly excited by next season’s football and BCD but perhaps that may change.
I would also add that anyone who would wish to seek refunds from Rangers should not be made to be feel in the wrong in so doing.

Probably the two cannts infront of me who come in four minutes later every single game.

Seriously guys, just leave the pub / your house 4 minutes earlier. It's dead simple.

To be honest mate they could be the ones who stand about the concourse for half an hour and then make a dash for their seat at 2:59pm lol.

I don’t get the 250k megastore refurb to be replaced with a new store in Edminston House within 2 years.

I do get Castore is paying it but still doesn’t make sense

It does if you factor the future reshaping/change of function of the megastore into a bar in the plans being implemented right now. As far as is possible that is. So the second change costs less.

On your point about Morelos with what’s going on now in the world with regards to racism you would think it’s something we could take on and highlight again , I don’t recall it ever being taken further that a few statements. We have a young black player.
The scum are quick to roll out players for shite stories about having to come to training in armoured cars years after the fact despite never mentioning it at the time, surely we could highlight racism again here and show that it goes unpunished even in this back water.
It doesn't matter now mate they can do whatever they want and get away with it because our board are weak and have no balls for a fight. A bit like many of our players on the pitch who get upset about "pressure" while living in mansions.

Rangers have now shown that we are a toothless tiger on and off the pitch and if we think last season was bad for corrupt refs and complicance officers and racist attacks against our players going unpunished wait until this season, with the SPFL going all out to hand Celtic 10 iar like their statement says and like they did 9 knowing full well that we will do absolutely %^*& all about it.

I am embarrassed to be a Rangers supporter this is not the club I grew up supporting. We will never get a better opportunity to take these cnuts down and we huffed and puffed and ran away with our tail between our legs like a meek weak frightened little puppy. I am fucking disgusted.

A lot of exciting proposals, although in saying that we had plenty of those in the past in the Murray era. Any chance of the council throwing a spanner in the works?

A lot of exciting proposals, although in saying that we had plenty of those in the past in the Murray era. Any chance of the council throwing a spanner in the works?

hope not.maybe thats part of deal for selling part of Albion car park for housing

Om
Not happy about it either but I would really like to hear your thoughts on how the club should advance this situation with Spfl/doncaster.Genuinely interested to hear how to get them out.

Back