Season ticket refund ?

I assume anyone taking a refund won’t be buying a season book for this year coming ?

Why?

Folk are entitled to request it. It’s up to the individual what they choose to spend their refund on.

We’ve just signed a guy for £3m so I don’t think it’s unreasonable if folk want a refund from missed games last season

There’s a limit to the fans being milked. I doubt I’ll take a refund but if we miss half of this seasons games then too right I’ll be requesting a refund for the missed games

Who are you to determine what criteria is set for taking the refund?

Aye very good pal.
To answer your question, I don’t set the criteria, the club does. read my post, I used the words “me personally” and I finished with a ? as I’m open to other people’s point of view, thanks for sharing your opinion though

It’s disgusting mate. People are acting like they’re doing something wrong.

Anyone needing a refund just bare in mind 99% of us wouldn’t think any less of you for taking it

I’m not going to take it but when the Mrs heard earlier that I could claw back a refund, wasn’t an easy one telling her I’m not doing it.

Already baffled as to why I’ve paid over £500 knowing I won’t get to any games this year.

They don’t get it I suppose but fortunately I’m in the position to be able to pay it. Others aren’t and even if they were, taking a refund to spend it on something else Is well within their rights

What a pile of nonsense

We are in the middle of a pandemic that we’ve never seen in our lives. If some want their refund then they’re entitled to ask for it whether they need it or not

The club treat fans as customers when it suits let’s not forget that
What the f uck's the pandemic got to do with? Yes, if it has put you in dire straights by all means take it, but I've made that very clear in my post.

Would you be happy with 40,000 taking £120 back?
Kiss goodbye to the title if you would.

I couldn't live with myself. Good for you that you can.

I’m not going to take it but when the Mrs heard earlier that I could claw back a refund, wasn’t an easy one telling her I’m not doing it.

Already baffled as to why I’ve paid over £500 knowing I won’t get to any games this year.

They don’t get it I suppose but fortunately I’m in the position to be able to pay it. Others aren’t and even if they were, taking a refund to spend it on something else Is well within their rights
It’s really not easy to explain :)) I changed to the 4 month payment years ago so just auto renew

agree 100% takes a special kind off bellend to take money out if they can get buy Otherwise.

Tripe.

Middle of a pandemic, folk losing jobs etc and struggling with money. Football has taken a back seat for most folk.

A lot of bears annoyed at the way the club handled matters and the paltry £25 voucher offer. Add to that, we then splash £3m on a player.

I suspect some may think if we can afford to do that then the club can afford to reimburse folk for missed games whether they need the refund or not.

Take Rangers out of the equation. If this was any other business you paid for goods but didn’t receive in full, you’d rightfully request a refund

What the f uck's the pandemic got to do with? Yes, if it has put you in dire straights by all means take it, but I've made that very clear in my post.

Kiss goodbye to the title if you are.

The Pandemic has everything to do with it because every cnut is skint or on the verge of being so.

Look at it this way.
OP bit short on cash, say his season book is £490 and is due a refund of maybe £150 which he’ll give straight back to the club.

So the club gets £340 plus maybe mygers plus all home games and a pie and that at home games.

yep it could go to someone who will pay the whole amount but for the sake of £150 I’d rather a loyal supporter got to stay. Plus, the OP might spend more over the course of a year than a new STH

Swings and roundabouts
Good point mate, hadn’t thought about it like that, the club taking a fairer and more holistic approach helps those that need it now and will probably pay in the long run

Kiss goodbye to the title if you would.

If 40,000 took a refund then it’s their right.

My main concern is what happens when we miss half of the upcoming seasons games. I suspect the vast majority will be expecting some form of cash refund and rightly so.

If the club had to sell an asset player to make up for the fans refunds then I’m afraid that’s something the board will have to consider whether we like it or not.

Can’t keep expecting the fans to pony up for a product we’re not receiving. Loyalty can only go so far.

What’s even more frustrating is that the fans are doing their part yet the players etc will still be paid in full

Not nice to see mate. As I’ve said I’m lucky enough to be able to pay mine and I’ve offered to help my cousin if he needs it but everyone is different
It’s shite mate. I’m fortunate in that I can renew myself and the wee fellas ST’s but a sizeable amount of folk are unfortunately not in that position. I would never criticise anyone for asking for a refund. Could be a months shopping or gas bill paid. The economic fall out from this pandemic is going to be horrific.

The Pandemic has everything to do with it because every cnut is skint or on the verge of being so.
You may have missed my bit on affordability.
Obviously the pandemic has hit folk hard, but I made it very clear I was speaking about folk who can afford to forego the refund.
In fact I'm boring myself with constantly repeating it.
My criticism doesn't apply to the hard up.

You may have missed my bit on affordability.
Obviously the pandemic has hit folk hard, but I made it very clear I was speaking about folk who can afford to forego the refund.
In fact I'm boring myself with constantly repeating it.
My criticism doesn't apply to the hard up.
You’ve just called people tight arses.

Just wondering how you go about getting season ticket refund ? I've not been working since all the covid started , I'm self employed so not been bringing in a wage . Struggling for cash so haven't renewed my season ticket yet. But if I can get some money to put towards next season's ticket that would help me out a good bit. If I had been earning I wouldn't have asked for it but needs must unfortunately.
If you need it you need it,dont let anyone on here tell you otherwise.

Perhaps the principle of the matter may be why some are requesting refunds ...

I'm out of here.
Like many thousands, because of the troubles we've endured, I feel this board deserves every bit of help we can give them.
I don't want the club to struggle again.

Taking money out of the club doesn't sit with me and believe me, I can barely afford it.

My "principles" don't extend to gifting the filth another title.

Is it not? Some guy states he is struggling for cash and is told not to ask for his money back.

As I've said in other threads if people are in a situation where they are in need of the cash, the right thing is to refund them.

Having someone tell you that you should accept the £25 and thats it, isn't on!
I agree with you however if the poster is in the financial difficulty I don't think asking Rangers for a £120 refund to buy a new ST is a smart financial move a if money is so tight buying a ST would the be at the lowest of my priorities

Didn’t realise you could claim a refund and thought the 25 quid was for some away game, the fans had forked out for , I need to keep up .. if you need the money, claim it , family and your health and well-being come first ... it’s that simple .. I’m lucky I’m in the position to get my ticket regardless...

I'm out of here.
Like many thousands, because of the troubles we've endured, I feel this board deserves every bit of help we can give them.
I don't want the club to struggle again.

Taking money out of the club doesn't sit with me and believe me, I can barely afford it.

My "principles" don't extend to gifting the filth another title.

ignore him, look at the evidence of how Rangers supporters have stood up more than any other club and supported our way back. Customers looking to return cardigans will be very few and far between

ignore him, look at the evidence of how Rangers supporters have stood up more than any other club and supported our way back. Customers looking to return cardigans will be very few and far between

For the record I’m not requesting a cash refund

However, I’m most definitely requesting the £25 voucher out of principle as I’ll put that towards mygers

I’ve done my bit. For near on 30 years ST holder.

As I said though, the club treats us like customers when it suits.
For all your bluster, you can be grateful the vast majority don't think like you.
You really should be grateful, because with your mindset the club would take a massive step backwards.

"Principles" my hairy arse.

I'm off this time. Enjoy your rebate.

Where are people getting the impression that there will be a very small minority claiming? There’s a thread on twitter with thousands of response from the filth saying over quarter will claim - I can only assume we will be roughly the same.

Where I live in the NE most ST work away from home and miss more games than we attend.
On occasions I have made 6 games per season and only recently there has been the ticket sub to get money back hence this is nothing unusual for folks like me.
ST's are a luxury, not a necessity hence if you are desperate for the refund which I have no issue with I would expect you to claim for it but I would find it farcical if it was to purchase a ST for this year when there is a high possibility you may not use it until January
Sorry if this sounds harsh but I think at this time people need to get their priorities right

I’ve done my bit. For near on 30 years ST holder.

As I said though, the club treats us like customers when it suits.
When? When has that happened. The people who are ploughing family wealth into the club, those people are treating you with the contempt of customers? Bullshit.

They get things wrong but don’t start this shit. Dave king nearly broke himself in two saving us, not to mention the rest. Was a baw hair away from jail time. And your pissing on about how unfair it is you’ve had a season ticket for 30 years, it’s about the principle? As I said anyone coming out with this shit is fooling no one

Utter bullshit, you’re out because it’s obvious the jibberish being spouted. Relating Murray’s era and raping of the club to now, after the huge progress on fan engagement, mhedia strategy revolution and material wealth getting overly invested etc.

Take your faux principle bullshit and either be honest in your motivations or bailout before you get embarrassed more.

I’m glad the majority recognise the clubs financial position for what it is. How much people are over investing into the club. How God forbid those investing millions into the club don’t take your principled approach to Rangers. I can see Park et al now...some of these customers are chasing a few bob back on principle whilst I’m throwing millions into this. In principle I’m out also.

It may have escaped you but those investing millions have either got some of that back or have received shares instead.

Utter bullshit, you’re out because it’s obvious the jibberish being spouted. Relating Murray’s era and raping of the club to now, after the huge progress on fan engagement, mhedia strategy revolution and material wealth getting overly invested etc.

Take your faux principle bullshit and either be honest in your motivations or bailout before you get embarrassed more.

I’m glad the majority recognise the clubs financial position for what it is. How much people are over investing into the club. How God forbid those investing millions into the club don’t take your principled approach to Rangers. I can see Park et al now...some of these customers are chasing a few bob back on principle whilst I’m throwing millions into this. In principle I’m out also.

Could not have said it better - I am sure Mr Parks companies have made next to nothing over the last few months and looking at bus companies (for one) in general some think they shall go out of business by the end of the year
Thing that pisses me off we have posts praising the state of the playing surface, the signing of Hagi and then who we shall sign next but then we are looking for refunds. Wake up and smell the coffee as we cannot have it both ways.
ps: for the record I have not made a penny since March 21st and don get furlough either so I am in the same boat as everyone else

No issue for me if anyone wants or needs a refund for last season. Each to their own and shame on any of you who preach that doing so is not right.

Next season... at this point we should not be getting charged different season ticket prices for next season's fixtures, fixtures that in all likely hood will be closed doors. Rangers are making a mistake here in charging different rates.
For example, They are taking £718 off me and £500 off others ( more off others?)
Right now, we are all armchair fans for next season. We should all be paying the EXACT same armchair season ticket fee.
My wife is doing her dinger at me giving Rangers the best part of £900 (me and my son) when there is in reality no probability of getting what I paid for. She quite rightly can't understand the emotional attachment but instead looks at our family finances and on face value giving away £900 when reality is that I could pick up any game I want for less on TV (Rtv)/(IPTV) etc etc.
I'm gifting Rangers money at a time when my employer is effectively about to force me to take unpaid holiday as a cost cutting measure between July and October. Approx £600 per month is how that will hit me.
I need to cut my cloth accordingly. Is gifting Rangers full bhoona for something I'm not getting wise at this point? Probably not. Certainly not if you're looking through my wife's eyes.
  • Will I do it? , yes! I'll live with the bitches earache!
  • Am I happy to pay £718 for a closed doors? No!
  • Will I be expecting a refund on that £718 at the end of next season? Yes, I will. My ticket should never have been sold to me at £718. It should have been sold at the 'arm chair season ticket rate'..
  • What is that rate? It's the price of the worst adult seat in the house.
  • Closed doors, full season, I will be looking for the difference between my seats price and the cheapest seat in the house at the end of this season if it's full season closed doors. I don't expect to be paying £718 for my armchair ticket when someone else is paying £500 as his armchair rate.
  • If we are all home and watching on TV, we should all be paying the EXACT same price*
  • If it's a full season closed doors, there is still an argument that a refund may be due for that also at the end of next season.. Same as there is right now.
  • *Rangers should be selling us all an armchair season ticket only right now I.m.o, with an added increment if we do manage to get bums on seats later (or) they should carry a rebate/ refund liability for the end of next season in their accounts.

I have a mate who supports St Boo. He has a season ticket, his son has a season ticket. He's already asking if he can cancel his ticket but keep his sons active. Why? Because he thinks he can get to see his team on their stream via the price of his sons ticket. He doesn't care in the slightest that his season ticket price will be lost to his club.
Technically, His son is entitled to watch via his virtual season ticket. Daddy can watch for 'free'.
He'll get what he pays for, if they survive.

We need to support where we can and I'm sure we will but we should be paying for what we get, not what we wanted.

It may have escaped you but those investing millions have either got some of that back or have received shares instead.

Wow shares, that’s incredible they will be over the moon with that as it’s diluted in value every year for the benefit of the club so they can throw more millions in. Still they can rest easy on supporters principles.

As I said, run away and be honest with yourself. You’ve made an utter tut of yourself.

No issue for me if anyone wants or needs a refund for last season. Each to their own and shame on any of you who preach that doing so is not right.

Next season... at this point we should not be getting charged different season ticket prices for next season's fixtures, fixtures that in all likely hood will be closed doors. Rangers are making a mistake here in charging different rates.
For example, They are taking £718 off me and £500 off others ( more off others?)
Right now, we are all armchair fans for next season. We should all be paying the EXACT same armchair season ticket fee.
My wife is doing her dinger at me giving Rangers the best part of £900 (me and my son) when there is in reality no probability of getting what I paid for. She quite rightly can't understand the emotional attachment but instead looks at our family finances and on face value giving away £900 when reality is that I could pick up any game I want for less on TV (Rtv)/(IPTV) etc etc.
I'm gifting Rangers money at a time when my employer is effectively about to force me to take unpaid holiday as a cost cutting measure between July and October. Approx £600 per month is how that will hit me.
I need to cut my cloth accordingly. Is gifting Rangers full bhoona for something I'm not getting wise at this point? Probably not. Certainly not if you're looking through my wife's eyes.
  • Will I be expecting a refund on that £718 at the end of next season? Yes, I will. My ticket should never have been sold to me at £718. It should have been sold at the 'arm chair season ticket rate'..
  • Closed doors, full season, I will be looking for the difference between my seats price and the cheapest seat in the house at the end of this season if it's full season closed doors. I don't expect to be paying £718 for my armchair ticket when someone else is paying £500 as his armchair rate.
  • If we are all home and watching on TV, we should all be paying the EXACT same price*
  • If it's a full season closed doors, there is still an argument that a refund may be due for that also at the end of next season.. Same as there is right now.
  • *Rangers should be selling us all an armchair season ticket only right now I.m.o, with an added increment if we do manage to get bums on seats later (or) they should carry a rebate/ refund liability for the end of next season in their accounts.

I have a mate who supports St Boo. He has a season ticket, his son has a season ticket. He's already asking if he can cancel his ticket but keep his sons active. Why? Because he thinks he can get to see his team on their stream via the price of his sons ticket. He doesn't care in the slightest that his season ticket price will be lost to his club.
Technically, His son is entitled to watch via his virtual season ticket. Daddy can watch for 'free'.

We need to support where we can and I'm sure we will but we should be paying for what we get, not what we wanted.

Mate I am sorry but I am getting the same grief from her in doors but nobody is holding a gun to your head to re-new.
You have the option to not purchase your tickets.
Its a choice you make, I really don't see why its Rangers fault. They have gave you the option.

If folk are struggling financially then they should rightly take a refund.

Are our players doing anymore than deferring wages for a few months? They can afford to do more than your regular punter
This is it for me. People can say the players are only employees and have their own bills etc but loyalty is a two way street, most folk would be happy paying knowing it keeps the people in the canteen and ticket office in a job but come the first game of the season while everyone is stuck watching it on tv and paying full price for the privilege and watching the players roll up In their Ferraris with their Gucci wash bags I think it is acceptable for punters to feel aggrieved.
Of course Rangers is our club so we always go the extra mile but it would be nice to think some of that loyalty that has been shown time and time again would be reciprocated. When things are back to relative normal I really think the club should have a number of initiatives for those who paid up, things such as player meet and greets, free raffle to meet the management team etc. Things that cost the club comparatively little but will earn good will.

Each to their own you say when it comes to claiming a refund but shame own anyone who doesn’t think it’s right to use that money to buy another season ticket - despite all the points you make!

I’m not arguing with any of the other points you make mate, that’s your prerogative but why did you buy another season ticket? What happens if you don’t get offered a refund next year?

Back