Season ticket refund ?

It’s disgusting mate. People are acting like they’re doing something wrong.

Anyone needing a refund just bare in mind 99% of us wouldn’t think any less of you for taking it
All I will say is it this , if you need the refund by all
means go ahead . BUT you’ll probably find the next time we are at Hampden and play the Mhanks in semi/final you won’t get a ticket . Obv the club won’t come out and say this but I’ve a suspicion you’ll be marked

means go ahead . BUT you’ll probably find the next time we are at Hampden and play the Mhanks in semi/final you won’t get a ticket . Obv the club won’t come out and say this but I’ve a suspicion you’ll be marked

Not a chance the club is doing this.

Can you imagine the uproar & bad press that would come with this.

Plus it’s not fair to penalise a fan that genuinely needs the money during the pandemic.

There will be genuine bears out their who actually need that money with loss of jobs or being stuck at home with a health condition and won’t be getting back to Ibrox and may need the money for other things.

I am really struggling to afford my bar72 season ticket and would probably get about £200 back if I applied and then would be able to buy another seat outright no problem or maybe actually be able to afford the bar72 season ticket come the end of June if I get back to work.

Really is a tough one I don’t want to take money from the club I love, but I think it’s a great gesture for those who desperately need it.

I hate to say it but any suspicion that that might be the approach is a pile of pish as well.

I have been on CCCS since the day it started. I have taken my tickets for shitey league cup games on Tuesday nights because that is what you do when you have signed up. I have taken increasingly expensive packages for Europa league games because that is what you do when you are on the scheme. Now I find if I don't sign up to MyGers I am behind in the queue to someone who has been a ST holder since 2015, which frankly is no comparison whatsoever to being on the scheme since the start and attending all the games on the "journey".

I am right scunnered. Rant over.

Of course its nothing to do with me - or anybody else on the multiple threads with hundreds of posts discussing it FFS. Including you. Take your patronising pish elsewhere.;):)

The bottom line is that if someone's finances are so precarious that £150 'matters' then they shouldn't be using that cash to fund yet another season ticket for yet another season where they won't get entry. I'd have more respect if they simply came out and said I'm entitled to a refund so I'm claiming it - which is probably a whole lot nearer the truth - rather than trying that line.
Its anything but patronising and matters not a jot who is talking about it.

The fact remains it has nothing to do with anyone else what decisions people make about their own finances.

Its anything but patronising and matters not a jot who is talking about it.

The fact remains it has nothing to do with anyone else what decisions people make about their own finances.

I agree. Let's just ban all discussions about refunds. Will get rid of a fair old chunk of the threads/posts in The Bear Pit. :) You are happy to offer an opinion on the subject and so, therefore, is anybody else.

As I've said, if somebody wants a refund they should apply for it. Don't hide behind a cock-and-bull story about it being the difference between a season ticket for next season or not. If your finances are that tight then a Rangers season ticket should be the least of your worries.

I’ve read on here that the club will offer a refund on last seasons unused ticket.
What are the chances that they will offer a transfer to the new season ticket and not actual cash. That way the money stays in house.

If anybody wants or needs a refund then they shouldn't feel any guilt or less of a fan for doing so. At the end of the day you need to look after number one and family.

Personally I won't be asking for a refund but if I needed the cash right now I would be asking for it.

I’ve read on here that the club will offer a refund on last seasons unused ticket.
What are the chances that they will offer a transfer to the new season ticket and not actual cash. That way the money stays in house.
It's sent by cheque

I agree. Let's just ban all discussions about refunds. Will get rid of a fair old chunk of the threads/posts in The Bear Pit. :) You are happy to offer an opinion on the subject and so, therefore, is anybody else.

As I've said, if somebody wants a refund they should apply for it. Don't hide behind a cock-and-bull story about it being the difference between a season ticket for next season or not. If your finances are that tight then a Rangers season ticket should be the least of your worries.
There is a world of difference between discussing the refund scheme and telling others what they should be doing about their own financial situation.

It’s obviously my post that you are talking about.

I’m not going into my personal finances with you or my business but I want to point out a few things

The business I’m in and health issues in family make it impossible for me to work and bring money in. That said I have business costs that I still have to cover and so far have covered that means I ll be able to work , hopefully, in the not too distant future.

I set aside money for extras Golf club, Holidays , Rangers season ticket and trips away with family. That is the money I am using for business costs. I’ve just gone under the £500 Mark in savings , which was my season ticket money. I know I ll get money through the self employed furlough scheme July /August which will be most welcome and hopefully I’ll be able to work then but too late to buy season ticket. Until that happens I am on Universal Credit.

Last season I missed second payment with Premium Credit. I was on holiday at the time. Even though I paid the payment plus penalty on time they claimed it didn’t clear through their account by the cut off date. They refunded second payment but kept my initial £130ish and told me to take it up with Rangers. I contacted the club who gave me 48 hours to pay season ticket in full, which I did. My ticket cost me £600+ instead of the £480! Now if Rangers has that extra £130 I wouldn’t have chased but %^*& premium credit. The ombudsman is looking into it

If I can’t afford to renew I won’t and I certainly won’t be asking for a refund as I’ll have enough to see me through until the next self employed furlough payment but there will no extras meaning no season ticket

I hope that clears up the ‘cock and bull story’

Once more... I won’t be asking for a refund or the voucher

Everybody has their own unique financial position so unless you know the individual’s circumstances it’s maybe best not to pass judgement

It’s obviously my post that you are talking about.

I’m not going into my personal finances with you or my business but I want to point out a few things

The business I’m in and health issues in family make it impossible for me to work and bring money in. That said I have business costs that I still have to cover and so far have covered that means I ll be able to work , hopefully, in the not too distant future.

I set aside money for extras Golf club, Holidays , Rangers season ticket and trips away with family. That is the money I am using for business costs. I’ve just gone under the £500 Mark in savings , which was my season ticket money. I know I ll get money through the self employed furlough scheme July /August which will be most welcome and hopefully I’ll be able to work then but too late to buy season ticket. Until that happens I am on Universal Credit.

Last season I missed second payment with Premium Credit. I was on holiday at the time. Even though I paid the payment plus penalty on time they claimed it didn’t clear through their account by the cut off date. They refunded second payment but kept my initial £130ish and told me to take it up with Rangers. I contacted the club who gave me 48 hours to pay season ticket in full, which I did. My ticket cost me £600+ instead of the £480! Now if Rangers has that extra £130 I wouldn’t have chased but %^*& premium credit. The ombudsman is looking into it

If I can’t afford to renew I won’t and I certainly won’t be asking for a refund as I’ll have enough to see me through until the next self employed furlough payment but there will no extras meaning no season ticket

I hope that clears up the ‘cock and bull story’

Once more... I won’t be asking for a refund or the voucher

Everybody has their own unique financial position so unless you know the individual’s circumstances it’s maybe best not to pass judgement

Thank you for taking the time to give such a detailed response. However, I wasn't talking specifically about you at all mate. I've seen several posters on this and other threads saying about putting the refund towards a season ticket for next year. When you say 'if I cant afford to renew then I won't' then we are actually agreeing. That's exactly what I'm suggesting to folk.

Those who want the refund are entitled to claim it. I've no problem with that whatsoever. Its their call whether they do or not. What I'm saying is if that is the case then just say so. However, for me, if that £150 is the difference between having a season ticket next season and not having one then it suggests that finances are, to say the least, stretched. Anyone in that position might want to pause and question not whether they ask for a refund but, more relevantly, whether the best use of it when they do get it is simply to plough it back into another season ticket that won't see them get to games again.

Last edited:
If say 10% of season ticket holders ask for a refund, and refund is around £100 (5 home games) .

That works at 4600 x £100 = £500k

That's no small number and will likeky impact our summer plans to some extent.

All I would say to those considering it, is the £100 worth it? Is it worth giving them 10 in a row? Who knows if this cash could be used to buy that 1 quality player who could make a difference.

If the players take say a 30% wage cut as well as a deferral, then instead of having to put out 8 million after 3 months, that figure would be around 5.6 million.

That saving alone will pay for any supporter who wants a refund.

rubbish like this trying to scare fellow fans into not taking a refund that can help them. T what your suggesting is that mygers isn’t essentially a scam and the club will pick and choose who gets tickets regardless of points

We need better players to compete for the league - don’t be moaning on match threads or blaming Gerrard if we don’t win it next season.
I will be at the game mate, no match threads for me....

we do need better players however, I wouldn’t criticise anyone that requests a refund due to their circumstances. Putting food on the table is a wee bit more important than Rangers.

What your suggesting is Rangers will discriminate against fans asking for a refund that's seriously what your suggesting here?

Thank you for taking the time to give such a detailed response. However, I wasn't talking specifically about you at all mate. I've seen several posters on this and other threads saying about putting the refund towards a season ticket for next year. When you say 'if I cant afford to renew then I won't' then we are actually agreeing. That's exactly what I'm suggesting to folk.

Those who want the refund are entitled to claim it. I've no problem with that whatsoever. Its their call whether they do or not. What I'm saying is if that is the case then just say so. However, for me, if that £150 is the difference between having a season ticket next season and not having one then it suggests that finances are, to say the least, stretched. Anyone in that position might want to pause and question not whether they ask for a refund but, more relevantly, whether the best use of it when they do get it is simply to plough it back into another season ticket that won't see them get to games again.
You've got far, too much interest in this thread mate.

The part in bold is all that is relevant.

Move on.

I don't think anyone seeking a refund should be slated by anyone.

Firstly, folk have been out of work for months now with limited support / income.

Secondly, if folk want to use the refund towards lowering this season's ticket cost (which we clearly won't get any benefit from), then that is also fair enough.

Finally, when the players are only taking a 3 month deferral in wage as opposed to just forfeiting their wage then again, no fans should be slated for it.

Just because some folk don't need the refund, doesn't mean everyone will be in the same position.

I agree I don’t think they will give out refunds and instead will just give out the virtual season ticket . It’s simple folk knew what they were signing up to and any form of refund next year would cripple the club for next season which if folk remember is the 150thyear and lots is planned that will cost money . They won’t be issuing refunds. I’m honestly suprised they have offered them for this year tbh. It was unprecedented circumstances that was out with the clubs control

I'm quite surprised TBH but there's no doubt in my mind it's the right thing to do.

Shove refunds imo
You have spent the money sure it's unfortunate situation but not Rangers fault support the club imo.

Disgusted at the club making people write in / complete a form, if I wasn’t already claiming this attitude may sway me towards doing so.

Don't think there's anything sinister in that mate TBH.

Not sure what other way they could do it as according to most folk on here hardly anyone is taking a refund anyway.

You've got far, too much interest in this thread mate.

The part in bold is all that is relevant.

Move on.

It's a messageboard for people to post their opinions. That's what he's supposed to do.

Your right about the bit in bold though.

Don't think there's anything sinister in that mate TBH.

Not sure what other way they could do it as according to most folk on here hardly anyone is taking a refund anyway.

Think replies overall show a lot are, same on twitter. By no means be the majority though.

They’re putting hoops to jump through so people don’t claim and it’s really poor.

They struggle to run a ballot as it is, no chance with that.

Think replies overall show a lot are, same on twitter. By no means be the majority though.

They’re putting hoops to jump through so people don’t claim and it’s really poor.

I do think they are making it slightly more difficult than it needs to be, I mean who prints & posts a form these days? As I say I don't think there's any malice in it, would give them the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Having said that you should at least have the option of doing it online.

Really?

I thought I'd heard it all but that's a corker.

Can’t imagine refunds will be £150 like folk think.

Will be something like £10-20 a game similar to the seatsub credit you get, and will argue that we could have probably had 1 less home game in the split.

Im not claiming a refund, just my opinion.

Fair play to the club for offering refunds for those in need.It's a tough time for a lot of folk. I can't see the uptake being very high. A few hundred at most but it could help a few folk in need.

Will be something like £10-20 a game similar to the seatsub credit you get, and will argue that we could have probably had 1 less home game in the split.

Surely if the club is offering refunds, which it clearly is, then it is a recognition that the service wasn't provided. The refund would then be the notional value of that service. So the appropriate percentage of the season ticket cost.

It's a refund, not compensation.

Surely it should be worked out based upon an old firm game cost first of all. Then the other 4 remaining games an average cost based upon the price of your season ticket?

£500 season ticket for example
16 home games + 2 old firm home games

Remove the cost of a usual OF ticket off the £500. Whatever is left, divide by 16 and that works out the average home game cost

If you can afford to forego it then you should.

We are about to embark on the biggest season of our lives and to take money out of the club is unforgiveable.
[/QUOTE

Unforgivable?? Leaving your family short is unforgiveable.
Absolutely shocking comment.

Surely it should be worked out based upon an old firm game cost first of all. Then the other 4 remaining games an average cost based upon the price of your season ticket?

£500 season ticket for example
16 home games + 2 old firm home games

Remove the cost of a usual OF ticket off the £500. Whatever is left, divide by 16 and that works out the average home game cost

In simple terms it would equate to a 25% refund if 25% of home matches were missed. The OF angle won’t come into it.

Back