• Aye

Votes: 155 23.4%
  • Naw

Votes: 508 76.6%

• Total voters

DamBuster72

20 years old.

2018/19: 34 games, 16 goals, assists.

Out last season with a knee injury. Was available for £3m, could get him for less given the above.

A goal-scoring midfielder is something that we lack....could Turnbull under the tutelage of Gerrard be the answer?

If he can get back to where he was pre-injury/cancelled transfer then he is a very, very promising player. One of those where the sensible thing to do is 'wait and see'. However, if we do we may miss the boat. Difficult one.

Not for me. We need someone to come in to the midfield and instantly improve it. I’m not sure he does that.

Not for the fee they want we could potentially have better in our own youth team if we give them game time or buy better with that money also adding the injury he has had he might not be the same player after a horrendous injury at a young age look what happened to Michael Owen for example

He and Hastie were considered to be on level footing (or thereabouts) at the end of season 2018/2019. Hastie didn't come close to getting a game for us. Hastie is now a year more experienced and I still don't think he's close to getting a game.

I hope the mentally challengeds go back in for Turnbull at 3m.

Voted no, for me he’s another no.10 and we’re not sure that Hagi will get to play central.

If we were a year further down the line and had other positions sorted I’d be all for it as I think he can kick on but we need starters in the door.

I saw the lad walking about Wishaw about 2/3 weeks ago with a knee brace on. Given his surgery was a long time ago and he has been back playing since, their is clearly something not right with his knee. Its a no from me

It's a tough 1. If it wasn't for the injury I'd be voting yes. I've cousins who are Motherwell season ticket holders & they reckon he's the best player they've seen there in years & years, & were gutted when it looked like he was going to them. I asked how he compared to Hastie & they said Turnbull is th emuch bigger talent. He could be like a younger Armstrong.

If we were continuing to play 433, he'd be ideal as the attacking midfielder in a 3. However, we all want to see Hagi more centrally, so not sure where Turnbull would fit in then. Add the injury on top of that, & he's probably best avoided.

Ideally we'd be signing these guys up and loaning them out for a couple of years to get experience like they have done with Christie before they are ready to challenge for a place in our team.

Unfortunately we need to be careful what we're spending money on.

I saw the lad walking about Wishaw about 2/3 weeks ago with a knee brace on. Given his surgery was a long time ago and he has been back playing since, their is clearly something not right with his knee. Its a no from me

He was on open goal a few weeks ago, he was getting something taken out (I think) which was planned for after the season had finished but was able to get it earlier due to what’s happened.

Also gave the impression he was desperate to sign for them still.

Last edited:
Not seen enough if him tbh and he has never stood out against us. All the motherwell supporters i know rave about him though so he must have something about him. I think it would be a big gamble to buy him now after a serious injury.

There will be better value elsewhere, from the very limited times I saw the boy play he looks a good player.

3 of his 16 goals against top 6 sides. Massively overrated because of half a season scoring against shit teams. He won't cope with the step up and will barely play.

I think he's a good player, but if he goes anywhere in Scotland there's no way the mentally challengeds will allow him to go to us. There would be murders

Can’t believe how many people saying no.

What do we need desperately? Goals from midfield.

What does he provide? Goals from midfield. And a lot of them.

He’s exactly the kind of player we should be targeting. Our midfield is way too defensive and passive.

I've a boy in my amateur side who scored 31 goals in 25 games last year from midfield. Cracking player at that level.

Not good enough for Rangers though.

We need midfielders who can do everything at a very high level.

Can’t believe how many people saying no.

What do we need desperately? Goals from midfield.

What does he provide? Goals from midfield. And a lot of them.

He’s exactly the kind of player we should be targeting. Our midfield is way too defensive and passive.
Jake Hastie was also scoring goals for Motherwell.

Big no from me. Will be too much money for the risk. Even if it went as low as £1m I think we could find a safer better option. He might never get back to the level he was at before.

Would much rather sign Allan Campbell if we were to sign anyone from Motherwell, would be cheaper as only has 1 year left on his contract and is much more experienced.

Although I don't see us signing anyone from Motherwell

Was there not an analysis of him that said his potential goal return was a lot less than he achieved based on analysis which suggested he had just had a lucky/hot streak?

Back