Andy Halliday interview on PLZ Soccer Show

Agree entirely, wont watch that fat scumbags work and pay for his fish suppers.

Could have spoken to 4lads or something. Poor show Andy.
Aye so instead of being courteous he should have said "fuck off ya fat 19th Century Terrorist bastard".

We have a lot bigger enemies out there than Peter McGuire ffs.

Have 4 lads or H&H approached Andy for an interview? Do you think he'd say no? Of course he wouldn't.

He definitely shouldn’t have went on PLZ, the outright lies they have said about our club over the years is reason enough.
Give Andy the benefit of doubt though, he probably isn’t aware of it.

Aye so instead of being courteous he should have said "fuck off ya fat 19th Century Terrorist bastard".

Have 4 lads or H&H approached Andy for an interview? Do you think he'd say no? Of course he wouldn't.

I think Stevie @ 4Lads contacted Andy via a mutual contact before this interview with jabba the poet.

I never said he shouldn't have been courteous at all, you made that up. I think its a bit hypocritical to see thread after thread on here complaining about how Cetlc and Lawwell have the media eating out of their hands when we really dont help ourselves and fawn over the content their outlets produce.

I think Stevie @ 4Lads contacted Andy via a mutual contact before this interview with jabba the poet.

I never said he shouldn't have been courteous at all, you made that up. I think its a bit hypocritical to see thread after thread on here complaining about how Cetlc and Lawwell have the media eating out of their hands when we really dont help ourselves and fawn over the content their outlets produce.

So by giving a half hour interview Andy Halliday is further encouraging the poet media?

Honestly no idea how some people manage to get up in the morning.

So by giving a half hour interview Andy Halliday is further encouraging the poet media?

Honestly no idea how some people manage to get up in the morning.
It is quite simple, he had a choice. Speak to a Rangers fan outlet or speak to fat Peter McCeltic. It looks like he chose to speak to fat Peter.

I can only look at the facts as i see it. If you think thats ok and they way to go about it good for you. I disagree. I manage to get up in the morning fine, and mentally challenged free.

If you were a Rangers player would you give an interview to someone who labelled your support as "WATP knuckledraggers" ?

Last edited:
People surely realise football players live in a completely different world from your average fan. They wont sit on message-boards for hours a day and dissect every little negative thing ever written or said about Rangers or the fans etc.

Halliday will just see Martin as a normal media pundit who he doesn't think twice about and gave an interview to him.

It is quite simple, he had a choice. Speak to a Rangers fan outlet or speak to fat Peter McCeltic. It looks like he chose to speak to fat Peter.

I can only look at the facts as i see it. If you think thats ok and they way to go about it good for you. I disagree. I manage to get up in the morning fine, and mentally challenged free.

You're making a far bigger deal out of this than is necessary.

Halliday has been in the bubble of being a Rangers player for the past 5 years. I doubt he or his agent has had the time or interest regularly check on FF to see who he's allowed to be interviewed by and who he's not.

You're making a far bigger deal out of this than is necessary.

Halliday has been in the bubble of being a Rangers player for the past 5 years. I doubt he or his agent has had the time or interest regularly check on FF to see who he's allowed to be interviewed by and who he's not.
I'm not quantifying the deal, i'm stating what I can see.

A straight choice between a Rangers fan or a Rangers hater. And here we are.

Okay then. You've convinced me. Halliday clearly loves the mentally challenged media and wouldn't piss on Rangers fan media if it was on fire.
I never said that, but you continue to stick up for it if you think its fine to keep helping those that hate us. Macguire for years used Clyde as a platform to make jibes at our club and support but you probably know him better than I do.

Its alright for Amoruso, Michael Ball, Shota Arveladze et al to speak to fan media but Barry Ferguson and Andy Haliday are not interested for whatever reason and prefer to speak to the fat man. Thats up to them and it is what it is. I'd prefer we supported our own outlets, just as the club did recently with Hagi and H&H. Just my opinion.

People moaning about an ex player giving an interview on a certain show.

Can only imagine all their rooms are painted Blue and have pets called Broxi and Baxter

I never said that, but you continue to stick up for it if you think its fine to keep helping those that hate us. Macguire for years used Clyde as a platform to make jibes at our club and support but you probably know him better than I do.

Its alright for Amoruso, Michael Ball, Shota Arveladze et al to speak to fan media but Barry Ferguson and Andy Haliday are not interested for whatever reason and prefer to speak to the fat man. Thats up to them and it is what it is. I'd prefer we supported our own outlets, just as the club did recently with Hagi and H&H. Just my opinion.

Ferguson nowadays is a paid for mouthpiece and will speak to anyone for his coin. Halliday, like I said previously, has been a Rangers player for the past 5 years and likely isn't sure what is what with the Scottish media. Not really fair IMO to compare the two. I imagine the players are advised to actively avoid it because of the pish they spout.

If you know for sure Halliday has patched 4lads deliberately and couldn't do enough for PM then fair enough. But you don't, do you?

In the case of Ferguson, it’ll be a fee he’s after. That’s why you won’t see certain ones engage

If you know for sure Halliday has patched 4lads deliberately and couldn't do enough for PM then fair enough. But you don't, do you?

I have said many times to you already and I can only call it as i see it. You seem to have taken a real issue with my dislike of fat mentally challenged Peter .

Andy comes across as a great Pro and a real football enthusiast, I can understand why Gerrard wanted him around the place.

Agree entirely, wont watch that fat scumbags work and pay for his fish suppers.

Could have spoken to 4lads or something. Poor show Andy.

Andy now finds himself unemployed and has to market himself for a new club.

If he goes on 4lads - he’s only marketing himself toward rangers minded.

By going on an alleged “impartial” show - the target audience is wider and more variable.

Same reason that Stewart Robertson went on Clyde 1during the SPFL fight rather than a purely a show produced specifically for rangers fans.

If the interview was in the Daily Record I wouldn’t buy or click. I think of this YouTube channel in the same way I think of the Record and for that reason I won’t give it the hit. My decision, if others think differently that’s their choice.

I have said many times to you already and I can only call it as i see it. You seem to have taken a real issue with my dislike of fat mentally challenged Peter .

No, I've taken issue with you spouting nonsense about Halliday because you think he prefers talking to the likes of PM instead of Rangers fan media when in reality you haven't got a clue what he's been asked to do.

No, I've taken issue with you spouting nonsense about Halliday because you think he prefers talking to the likes of PM instead of Rangers fan media when in reality you haven't got a clue what he's been asked to do.
I dont want to clog up the board and continue this back and forth, its pretty clear we have different opinions. I'm just repeating myself. If you are ITK with Andy Haliday good for you. I call it as i see it.

I watched it to hear what Halliday had to say,couldn't give a fk who interviewed him.thought Andy came across well.no bitterness,or self pity.

25 posts in and still none the wiser of what he actually said in the interview.
36 now - it is like the End of Days :rolleyes:

Why can't we have the OP 'taking one (flak) for the team' by telling us
what the content is (unless it's PFV/R)....then everyone else can follow
the link if they want?

We could even have a Post Template which prompts basic questions
such as "what did he say about us good/bad", "do you think he was genuine", "did he take opportunity to septic-bash", "was his hair nice(!)" :rolleyes:

A player that we should not be getting rid of, his importance and understanding will be missed within the squad. Enjoyed his interview there but fuq PLZ.

the link if they want?

such as "what did he say about us good/bad", "do you think he was genuine", "did he take opportunity to septic-bash", "was his hair nice(!)" :rolleyes:

In a short summary, he:

- is obviously disappointed to be leaving but no qualms or bitterness about not being offered a new deal

- is gutted he won't get the chance to say a proper goodbye to his teammates and the staff at the training ground and at Ibrox

- hinted that he thought Gerrard was prepared to offer him a new deal but some of the coaches weren't keen

- feels his best position is in midfield but has been a versatile player all of his career, not just at Rangers

- told a couple of funny stories, including away to Ufa when Gerrard warned Flanagan at half time to tread carefully as we'd already had Morelos sent off, only for him to elbow one of their players in the heed 5 minutes later

- spoke of his fondness for Kenny Miller and Lee Wallace and said they are among the best teammates he'll ever have

- said the scuffle with Joey Barton was blown out of proportion and they actually got on well. It was whatever happened between Barton and Warburton in the manager's office that saw him leave

- spoke about the ridiculousness of his red card against Morton

- reckons his next club is unlikely to be in Scotland as he is not very well liked here. Having no kids makes it easier for him to explore more options in England or abroad

A player that we should not be getting rid of, his importance and understanding will be missed within the squad. Enjoyed his interview there but fuq PLZ.
His time was now to go. The club is trying to go up a level. The player will understand. He gave us his all. He’s got MLS interest. He’d be daft not to take a deal there

the link if they want?

Hair was shocking

In a short summary, he:

- is obviously disappointed to be leaving but no qualms or bitterness about not being offered a new deal

- is gutted he won't get the chance to say a proper goodbye to his teammates and the staff at the training ground and at Ibrox

- hinted that he thought Gerrard was prepared to offer him a new deal but some of the coaches weren't keen

- feels his best position is in midfield but has been a versatile player all of his career, not just at Rangers

- told a couple of funny stories, including away to Ufa when Gerrard warned Flanagan at half time to tread carefully as we'd already had Morelos sent off, only for him to elbow one of their players in the heed 5 minutes later

- spoke of his fondness for Kenny Miller and Lee Wallace and said they are among the best teammates he'll ever have

- said the scuffle with Joey Barton was blown out of proportion and they actually got on well. It was whatever happened between Barton and Warburton in the manager's office that saw him leave

- reckons his next club is unlikely to be in Scotland as he is not very well liked here. Having no kids makes it easier for him to explore more options in England or abroad
Cheers mate

In a short summary, he:

Thanks I will give this a listen as sounds like a good interview
As much as I get the anger re peter Martin - describes to me by an ex player as a rangers hater
I think it’s maybe not a bad thing to sometimes do these interviews as it means celtic are not dominating the media channels

I also think it might help Andy get another club by putting him in prospective clubs thoughts
And I hope that is the case as he deserves another club and continued employment

Andy was one of the few figures in the dressing room I have confidence was a real winner who knew what it took to be a Ranger. Also a far better player than he is given credit for and never let us down, even when playing a lot of football out of position.

Really hope he is given a chance to come back to Ibrox for the support to show their appreciation of him.

Back