bt sport we knew

More the production company but BT let them away with it.
By mentally challengeds for mentally challengeds

Look I don’t know if you know the rules if you are a subcontractor and being paid from the main contractor means you work for them check hmrc I am an employer so I know the way you are saying makes me believe your an outsider why would it not be in our interest to leave bt and sky to support our team I am waiting on your reply

You do realise that bt sports contract with Scottish football has ended?

Would be surprised if we didn't do something similar tbh. Weren't they already providing the feed RTV used in most games last season?
No way will we be hiring any of those fancies from BT

Fans just want to watch the game, it's just a bonus if you get a decent host but we are used to these terrible pundits now.

Reactions: KL2
TBH it’s a good move by them. Means their games will be broadcast in HD and extremely unlikely to lag much.

We are badly needing to do something to improve RangersTV.
Does it?

Are they renting some of BTs technology and bandwidth or just the production team?

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a worry for me about RTV, it can barely cope as it is, if we are going to have an extra 46,000 logging on then I fear the worst for the stream quality.

I wonder if this is an opportunity for us to do something different I terms of finding a platform that can cope with demand and us easily accessible. I'd love is to do something with Netflix if that was at all possible

I wonder if this is an opportunity for us to do something different I terms of finding a platform that can cope with demand and us easily accessible. I'd love is to do something with Netflix if that was at all possible
I don't think Netflix have livestream capability, Amazon do tho. They livestream tennis and some football already.

We seem to have a board that’s a big more progressive and ‘blue sky’ in its thinking, hopefully we are looking at something similar.

Really hope we do something similar to upgrade RTV. I won’t be able to take months of Tom commentator. I appreciate he is well intentioned but his commentary is excruciating.

I think we have to trust that the club know what the demands will be and try and act accordingly to supply a product suitable for at least 100k to be streaming it on a weekly basis.

%^*& this Tim's malarkey.......they are happy to be called that themselves.

Scum or the likes will do.

Early morning staunch point there.

Huns , yahoo , or scum will do . “ Tims “ is the equivalent of them posting “ bluenoses hire BT sport “ on their forum . Would never happen . It’s a fair point you make .

We can slate them all we want but we really need to do something similar. RTV isn't up to the required standard and with all due respect the commentating is awful.

Does it?

Are they renting some of BTs technology and bandwidth or just the production team?

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a worry for me about RTV, it can barely cope as it is, if we are going to have an extra 46,000 logging on then I fear the worst for the stream quality.
The main problem with streaming games that people pay for is it must be impossible,or at least very hard for the illegal streamers to to also broadcast it . RTV is usually streamed live by various websites . They need to invest in the technology to stop this or fans won’t pay for something they can get for nothing ?

just seen on twitter celtic have struck deal with bt sports team to do their streams .we all knew they were impartial,

Great point Henrywatson, Celtic have hired ex-players, some ex-Celtic players to 'commentate' on their games. How in God's name can they even be impartial??
Before I am accused (again) of paranoia, here is the evidence if any evidence was ever needed.
They DO control the media, FACT! It puts their previous comments about Celtic/Rangers into some context.

I’m hoping the club are looking at vastly improving the infrastructure of RTV so it can cope with the extra demand every week. Would also be nice if they replaced the commentary team with a proper one also.

I don't think Netflix have livestream capability, Amazon do tho. They livestream tennis and some football already.
I think it's a road we should be looking to go down I think the uptake in rangers tv would be far greater as it's an easy to use platform plus it coukd open us up to millions of people around the world. The product has to be far better though as well intentioned as Tom commentator is he's awful waffling on about the 60s and bagatels just commentate on what your watching please. There will people that will say it's better than listening to that mentally challenged Walker and yes it is. But that shouldn't mean that we shouldn't want better or have a more professional set up.

So the mentally challengeds are going to have a professional set up for their home games on their virtual season ticket.

I expect exactly the same from Rangers.

Sorry Tom Miller and Ian Durrant but there is levels now.

Make it so Rangers.
F3ck off!! Wee Tam is the authentic voice of Rangers, we don't need hired, foreign mercenaries.
He speaks from the heart, if we start getting rid of him, we are making a grave error.
To who ?.
To whom? Pedantic loyal!!!

I don't think this has anything to do with RTV or TimmyTV respectively. Will the SKY season pass not be a seperate thing all together??

I said we need to go down the route of getting this level of freelancer in for RTV and was told it wasn't possible. This proves it is.

Not a dig at Tom, but to take RTV to the next level we need to get the professionals in.

Does anyone know for certain if the amount of viewers actually affects stream quality that much, as long as it's a proper streaming service like we moved to last year? From what I can find online it seems your own internet speed, ping, and stress on your local network has more of an affect than the amount of streamers. I only got occasional problems with RTV on 30Mbps speeds, but I've never had any streaming problems or buffering on any site since going up to 500Mbps. It wouldn't suprise me if a lot of those complaining about the stream quality are also on fairly low internet speed and are on their phone at the same time, as well as multipe other devices connected to the network.

Even swapping over to 5Ghz could help for a lot of people. Routers are set up by default on a 2.5Ghz channel, this can be split to 2.5 and 5Ghz in the router settings. This higher refresh rate will give you a better connection, but not as great distance and pnetration. Do this and you're on a different, faster, channel than the rest of the house and more than likely most of your neighbours, nobody within range of me has a 5Ghz channel set up. I had to do this when using the Shadow streaming service, I was getting stuttering and freezes because of 200ms+ ping through 2.5ghz and with 5GHz it was 20ms, with no stuttering.

I think we will do something similar although not with idiots like Sutton and Craigan.

Anytime I’ve heard the RTV commentary it’s not been great.

Do folk seriously think Sutton and Craigan are going to rock up on Celtic TV next year ?

Sutton does that shitey BT goals show every Saturday afternoon. Craigan also reports for said shitey goals show. There's not a chance they're chucking that to sit in a studio with Tom Boyd to discuss Sellik's 3-0 win over St Johnstone at an empty Parkhead.

I imagine Sutton will feature more heavily on BT's EPL coverage next season.

The Tims are hiring the production company. I'd imagine Sellik TV will feature Squint eyed Boyd still banging out his favourite conspiracy theories weekly for the demented audience.

I’m hoping the club are looking at vastly improving the infrastructure of RTV so it can cope with the extra demand every week. Would also be nice if they replaced the commentary team with a proper one also.
Whoever the commentary team are I hope we send them to the away games. At present it sounds like Toms commentary comes from a cupboard under the stairs

Whoever the commentary team are I hope we send them to the away games. At present it sounds like Toms commentary comes from a cupboard under the stairs

Tom’s commentary comes from Ibrox more often than not. Regardless of where the games played. The co-commentators generally let it slip in their comments.

Tom’s commentary comes from Ibrox more often than not. Regardless of where the games played. The co-commentators generally let it slip in their comments.
That will explain why the sound quality is so bad and to why the commentary team seem so detached from the atmosphere.

Back