Reckon we'll do Leverkusen away

The Gon

Taking another tanking after being humped 4-1 by Wolfsburg last week. Also set to lose a few of their star players in the Summer while we have a chance to strengthen... The tie is not over.

They are there for the taking.

I don't care that it is fake noise but the Leverkusen crowd are still cheering their team on. Proper support.
They were class when they were here, I’m sure it was them that had a drum kit sounding thing in their section it sounded great

Without fans anything could happen (which is why the 19th Century Terrorist bastards rigged the league vote in their favour) but sadly the Germans are a good couple of months ahead of us fitness and form wise. Where there’s life there’s hope though.

They will have played about 5 competitive games by then I’d say no chance. Take the money n n get home with no injuries

They will have played about 5 competitive games by then I’d say no chance. Take the money n n get home with no injuries

Leverkusen playing now might not have as big an impact as you think, their league campaign finishes on 27th June, and the current talk is that Europa League resumption would be early August at which point Leverkusen would have been off for maybe 5/6 weeks.

They’re playing probably the best team in Europe and they’ve got their star man missing

They were far superior to us at Ibrox, they are match sharp and will be supremely confidently, there is absolutely nothing that points to Rangers ‘doing’ them, quite the opposite in fact.

I feel we would maybe have a chance if buff was on his a game and they had an off day but otherwise I think it’s done

When the game takes place is a big factor, if it us fairly soon and we haven't got upto full match fitness then it will be a tanking.

They might not be on form at the mo but they are still a level or two above us.

It’s because Havertz is injured and I honestly doubt we can beat Leverkusen away and go through. They are a world class team up against Bayern Munich.

It’ll be our first game back and we’ll get scudded, hope I’m wrong.

Taking another tanking after being humped 4-1 by Wolfsburg last week. Also set to lose a few of their star players in the Summer while we have a chance to strengthen... The tie is not over.
dont think you can sign players for this season to play in last seasons competition, same should apply to scum wanting to play Scottish cup, have they not lost their on loan keeper so would need a player that was there last season same with the rest.

Unlikely is a word that springs to mind but we are Rangers and being honest didn’t fancy us going to Braga or Porto so you never know.

They were battered at home by Wolfsburg last match! Are they the best team ever too?

Wolfsburg are a decent team. They're 6th in the Bundesliga and also in the last 16 of the Europa League. Plenty of their players would walk into our side.

Might be worth remembering when judging Leverkusen's results critically, that before this enforced break we had recently lost to the bottom side and second bottom side of the SPFL in consecutive games.

Zero chance of us scoring 3 against them or overturning the deficit.

Things could change with the format going to straight one legged ties at neutral venues though, who knows then...

Can't see it, they were undoubtedly a level or two above us during first game and will have been training and playing far longer than us

Im not so usually defeatist but I will say the tie is over .

No chance ,their movement destroyed us at Ibrox and that was when we were mid season ,we haven’t kicked a ball....they have

Errrr...... Sadly no chance.
We got well beat by a better side and there is little likelihood of us going there and winning. It may be even more difficult as we are likely to be in preseason while they are fully up to speed.

Has anything been decided with regards to Europa League & Champions League? I had read a few days ago they were thinking about making them into mini tournaments?

Behave!! any team in the world would take a tanking off Bayern just now they are quite superb! Even if we play Leverkusen in August, I don't fancy our chances. For some reason German teams always seem to hit the ground running after pre-season but we are quite slow starters (just look at the pre-season games/results we used to have against oompah bands). Although the last 2 seasons we haven't had pre- season and been straight into Euro qualifiers we don't have that this time, so we will be up against a side who will be well prepared with new players trying to impress, so winning 3-0, 4-1 etc ain't gonna happen!!

Wolfsburg are a decent team. They're 6th in the Bundesliga and also in the last 16 of the Europa League. Plenty of their players would walk into our side.

Might be worth remembering when judging Leverkusen's results critically, that before this enforced break we had recently lost to the bottom side and second bottom side of the SPFL in consecutive games.

We are also a decent team on our day. We maybe have a 1 in 50 chance but it’s a chance nonetheless.

I think the fact we will be months behind probably kills it but we have to believe we can upset them. Our away system in Europe has been effective and we could have left Braga with a comfortable win on another day!

Get ahead in Germany and you just never know.

Back