Convicted Celtic view photographer John Cullen finally identified

I knew him when I worked in a shop in pollokshaws in the early 90s.
To be honest he seemed ok at the time but his wife was a bitter cow,would always be in on a Monday morning if we got beat to rub it in.
He lived in the block of flats next to the row of shops at the time on shawbridge street,which was a few hundred yards from the little industrial estate where the trophy centre had a warehouse in it I am sure.

Whatever came out regards this beast and Father Michael Spencer regards the SFA cross border paedo ring?

To be honest he seemed ok at the time but his wife was a bitter cow,would always be in on a Monday morning if we got beat to rub it in.
He lived in the block of flats next to the row of shops at the time on shawbridge street,which was a few hundred yards from the little industrial estate where the trophy centre had a warehouse in it I am sure.

Yes he did stay there buddy,and the wee industrial estate is still there where the TTC warehouse was and still is,another buisness lock up now.

A boarded up police station is adjacent in the same street,you couldn’t make it up.

Had a wee look over there last year.

So much more to be uncovered in this sordid saga, I hope the perverts and those who were complicit in these crimes continuing for decades are dealt with and the victims who are still living with this nightmare get some sort of inner peace.

From what has been made public knowledge so far it’s disgusting that club is still allowed to operate. If it were a Sporting club outside of Scotland involved in these things it would have at the very least been shut down for a period of time at least whilst thorough investigations took place to uncover the many more sick and evil deeds that are almost certainly being ignored and concealed.

What was his wife's name?

250 pictures of nude or semi-nude young boys, all aged between 10 and 13 years old.

Kids that Cullen claimed he'd invited round to his house in 1982 to pose for him for the photos.

Photos sitting in a bin bag in a Store Room at Celtc FC's stadium for twenty years, seemingly untouched until the cleaners found them.

And the Police (even with the assistance of Scotland Yard's special paedophile unit), were not able to identify even one kid.

Questions -- were the photos ever checked for fingerprints (to see who else may have handled them) ?

How can this guy have invited 250 boys back to his house in one calendar year (that averages at about 2 boys every three days) without it being noticed ?

Are we really to believe that not one of those boys could be identified ? A specific age range, in one year. Was Cullen pursued further as to how he met these boys ??

And of course ... a black bag of nude photos of young boys just happens to surface at the one football club in the world where you'd sadly expect it to.
Taken by the official Club Magazine Photographer.

How on earth did this guy only get probation ?
Why was this animal given such a lenient sentence, has the judge/fiscal/police been compromised to such a state that this such pervert got off lightly?

Why was this animal given such a lenient sentence, has the judge/fiscal/police been compromised to such a state that this such pervert got off lightly?

It seems to be the norm in Scotland. Torbett, 2nd conviction, 6 years. McCafferty, 6 years. Cairney 4 years and out already. Barry Bennell 1st conviction 30 years. Penn State guy, 1st conviction, 30 - 60 years.

Why is Scots law so lenient on such matters?

Instead of giving the sick ba$tard probation they should have stuck high voltage jumper leads on his nuts and switched the power on until he told them who the boys were.
You can't tell me that he never knew who he took photos of.
WTF was the matter with the police and judiciary ? They can't all have been C@ltic supporters surely.

Last edited:
I did PM him her name last night as I wasn't sure if I should have posted it on here.
Did you know them as well then?

I know her brothers more than her and her husband.

Was at a league cup final with the oldest brother the day before he emigrated to Oz

Last edited:
Here is another photo of Cullen (On the left)
An interesting side note is that Cullen would arrange many Celtic quiz nights and these would include a certain guest
The very impartial High Keevins

He was very involved at Celtic - As well as the photography he would also do reports etc

Is Cullen and Hugh Keevins friends or is this just a coincidence?

O
Cullen was so brazen about the lack of scrutiny at the Chamber of Secrets that he was happy to store his sordid cache of photos at that den of iniquity.
That in itself says so much about the culture and mindset at CFC/CBC. Behaviours which would be deemed heinous acts of gross indecency and depravity in normal society appear to be acceptable in the dark and sinister corridors of Celtic Park.

The club like no other.......

So he got to stay at club until 2000s but the club had all these enquires and somebody who is able to
Stash 200odd images was not once called into question ,? Not one link? Never asked about cairney or torbert? This didn’t end in the 90sNo f*cking way

I know her brothers more than her and her husband.

Was at a league cup final with the oldest brother the day before he emigrated to Oz
I did get told she converted to Catholicism when she married him,must have been true then if her brother supported us.
She certainly fully embraced it,always at the chapel and would have the ash on her head for Ash Wednesday etc

She hated Rangers with a passion.

I may be wrong, but it appears he still might now be residing quite near where he used to stay.

Another issue is why did he walk free? Why was he not placed on the sex offenders register? Perhaps he providing for or sharing the photos with others? Why has no-one come forward to say they were in the photos? How can someone do what he did, and not go to jail? Something fishy about his case.

Also of note, there is no mention of his case by The Sun or the Daily Record online. Perhaps he or someone else managed to get the original reports removed?

Maybe someone could contact Kevin McKenna on Twitter over this. He appears to have a lot to say for himself, yet does not appear to have uttered one word of his dealings with this guy, which is unusual for a journo.

I may be wrong, but it appears he still might now be residing quite near where he used to stay.

Another issue is why did he walk free? Why was he not placed on the sex offenders register? Perhaps he providing for or sharing the photos with others? Why has no-one come forward to say they were in the photos? How can someone do what he did, and not go to jail? Something fishy about his case.

Also of note, there is no mention of his case by The Sun or the Daily Record online. Perhaps he or someone else managed to get the original reports removed?

Maybe someone could contact Kevin McKenna on Twitter over this. He appears to have a lot to say for himself, yet does not appear to have uttered one word of his dealings with this guy, which is unusual for a journo.
They seem to be good at erasing uncomfortable truths from the internet. Jimmy Johnstone being a prime example. How exactly do they do this, I wouldn't have a clue where to start to erase an internet history.

They seem to be good at erasing uncomfortable truths from the internet. Jimmy Johnstone being a prime example. How exactly do they do this, I wouldn't have a clue where to start to erase an internet history.
Ask Hollicom, they are experts at disappearance and cover ups.

This one has always got me as well. Why has no-one came forward out of the hundreds of photos, that we know about, to say they were photographed naked by this man? Maybe the photos werent all CBC kids, maybe they were from kids in homes that were being abused. These photos might have been used like a catalogue to order from. It would explain his non sentence as this would likely go to the top and would definatly need to be hushed up. Remember Torbett n Co were involved in bussing under privalaged kids all around the country.

No doubt these photos are long gone.

Plenty of Viewpark bears (myself included) can confirm this - beat her senseless in front of punters in a pub they ran together when he tried to rob the till. Father in law was friendly with him - mother in law although from the darkside hated him with a passion.
The more you delve into this mob the more you are disgusted that this is being hushed up.

The lack of comment from the Scottish government is a disgrace. Really disappointed in Torres such as Murdo and Ruth who seemed to take an interest a while back, but have fallen away.
Hopefully wrong , but seems Adam Tomkins has went very quiet , hopefully busy elsewhere , but hate to think he has been got at ...

Maybe mr keevens should be asked on twitter what kind of man was John Cullen? Was he a friend? And did he know?? Is this why you tried to distance yourself from the whole paedo ring thing and allegedly said to bosses on snyde if this gets spoke about you’ll walk? Is possible maybe he knows quite a bit??

Back