Virtual Friendly - Bury Legends v Rangers Legends - Choose your Legends

Bluefin221

Administrator
Staff member
As you may have read in the announcement thread for the virtual friendly I have been selected to lead the charge from the Rangers side of things so will detail a few things on here that I'm needing from followfollow if anyone is looking to support these great causes.

Firstly the link for the actual donation: https://buryafc.uk/donations/virtual-friendly/

You can watch this all live on my twitch channel on the day and trial sessions leading up to the event, it will be a best of 3 format with 11v11 on the Pro Clubs mode on the FIFA 20 title: Bluefins Twitch Channel

In the meantime if you wanna drop by and say Hi that would be great, but take my channel as it is, I'm live at various times but usually playing FIFA or occasionally Call of Duty.

Finally what I need from you guys. I need you to pick your greatest ever Rangers 18, start with a formation best picks in each position for the first 11 and then 7 subs, these 18 players will get to play across the 3 games in a best of 3 format, bare in mind I cannot pick everyone's selections so will try my best to pick the most popular submissions based on each position and a formation that suits this.

If you wish to actually be one of the 18 guys that play in this and own FIFA 20 on the xbox one then feel more than free to pop an application in over at The VFL website: https://www.the-vfl.com/threads/virtual-friendly-Rangers-applications.812026/

The VFL website is the largest Pro Clubs website around housing near 80,000 members and over 600 teams, so if thats your bag then feel free to join in.

Without sounding bad only club that helped us was linfield
This is a first
A virtual Legends game Rangers v Bury
Playing for the Lee Rigby Foundation Memorial Trophy
The funding will help the three groups, The Lee Rigby Foundation, Rangers and Bury.
Both Rangers and Bury fans choose their heroes to play, and you will be surprised at the quality.
A massive thanks to everyone involved in setting up this new venture, great idea and brilliant event
Well done

This is a first
A virtual Legends game Rangers v Bury
Playing for the Lee Rigby Foundation Memorial Trophy
The funding will help the three groups, The Lee Rigby Foundation, Rangers and Bury.
Both Rangers and Bury fans choose their heroes to play, and you will be surprised at the quality.
A massive thanks to everyone involved in setting up this new venture, great idea and brilliant event
Well done
And just to add, Bury, the Mighty Shakers, will shake the Mighty Gers

And just to add, Bury, the Mighty Shakers, will shake the Mighty Gers
As you may have read in the announcement thread for the virtual friendly I have been selected to lead the charge from the Rangers side of things so will detail a few things on here that I'm needing from followfollow if anyone is looking to support these great causes.

Firstly the link for the actual donation: https://buryafc.uk/donations/virtual-friendly/

You can watch this all live on my twitch channel on the day and trial sessions leading up to the event, it will be a best of 3 format with 11v11 on the Pro Clubs mode on the FIFA 20 title: Bluefins Twitch Channel

In the meantime if you wanna drop by and say Hi that would be great, but take my channel as it is, I'm live at various times but usually playing FIFA or occasionally Call of Duty.

Finally what I need from you guys. I need you to pick your greatest ever Rangers 18, start with a formation best picks in each position for the first 11 and then 7 subs, these 18 players will get to play across the 3 games in a best of 3 format, bare in mind I cannot pick everyone's selections so will try my best to pick the most popular submissions based on each position and a formation that suits this.

If you wish to actually be one of the 18 guys that play in this and own FIFA 20 on the xbox one then feel more than free to pop an application in over at The VFL website: https://www.the-vfl.com/threads/virtual-friendly-Rangers-applications.812026/

The VFL website is the largest Pro Clubs website around housing near 80,000 members and over 600 teams, so if thats your bag then feel free to join in.
Thank you for all you are doing, this event is brilliant. Just to keep you informed The Bury Legends have been selected now, you boys are in for a surprise

Taking place on Saturday 4th July 2020 at 3pm, the virtual friendly will see a selection of footballing titans from across the generations of both teams take the field in an Esports match up for your viewing pleasure! Fans of each team take control of their favourite players with the ultimate goal of securing the inaugural

Lee Rigby Foundation Trophy
Bury fans were welcomed with open arms by Rangers fans at Ibrox in a pre-season friendly in 2018.

This game is, to this day, looked upon with great fondness across the supporter base of both sides – particularly by those Bury fans who had a great day in the Glasgow sunshine and saw their team turn out in front of 40,000 passionate football fans.

It certainly left a lasting impression between the two groups of supporters and the decision to stage this virtual friendly required little consideration from all sides when proposed.

Funds raised in support of this event will be split jointly between Bury AFC’s Shakers Community Society, The Lee Rigby Foundation & The Rangers Charity Foundation (links provided at the bottom of this page).

Shakers Community, the society setup in conjunction with Bury AFC, has been created to bring football back to Bury following expulsion from the EFL in 2019. Fundraising events such as this form the backbone of this fan-owned club and monies raised will be invested in local community projects.

The Lee Rigby Foundation is no different, losing their two biggest fundraising events for 2020. The foundation provides support to bereaved families of military personnel and will be putting their share towards the purchase of a number of static caravans to provide affected families with respite facilities.

Lee served in Cyprus, Germany and Afghanistan as a member of the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers, which to this day has a base within the town of Bury.

The Rangers Charity Foundation offers a wide range of charitable community programmes and will use the funds generated by this virtual friendly to continue to deliver their important work both locally and around the world. Projects tackle topics such as health & well-being, diversity and inclusion as well as education and employability.

You can get tickets for this match in the form of a donation, starting from as little as £1.

There is no limit to how much you can pledge however, and we’re asking everyone to give as generously as possible to support this event and the causes it will benefit.

Taking place on Saturday 4th July 2020 at 3pm, the virtual friendly will see a selection of footballing titans from across the generations of both teams take the field in an Esports match up for your viewing pleasure! Fans of each team take control of their favourite players with the ultimate goal of securing the inaugural

Lee Rigby Foundation Trophy
Bury fans were welcomed with open arms by Rangers fans at Ibrox in a pre-season friendly in 2018.

This game is, to this day, looked upon with great fondness across the supporter base of both sides – particularly by those Bury fans who had a great day in the Glasgow sunshine and saw their team turn out in front of 40,000 passionate football fans.

It certainly left a lasting impression between the two groups of supporters and the decision to stage this virtual friendly required little consideration from all sides when proposed.

Funds raised in support of this event will be split jointly between Bury AFC’s Shakers Community Society, The Lee Rigby Foundation & The Rangers Charity Foundation (links provided at the bottom of this page).

Shakers Community, the society setup in conjunction with Bury AFC, has been created to bring football back to Bury following expulsion from the EFL in 2019. Fundraising events such as this form the backbone of this fan-owned club and monies raised will be invested in local community projects.

The Lee Rigby Foundation is no different, losing their two biggest fundraising events for 2020. The foundation provides support to bereaved families of military personnel and will be putting their share towards the purchase of a number of static caravans to provide affected families with respite facilities.

Lee served in Cyprus, Germany and Afghanistan as a member of the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers, which to this day has a base within the town of Bury.

The Rangers Charity Foundation offers a wide range of charitable community programmes and will use the funds generated by this virtual friendly to continue to deliver their important work both locally and around the world. Projects tackle topics such as health & well-being, diversity and inclusion as well as education and employability.

You can get tickets for this match in the form of a donation, starting from as little as £1.

There is no limit to how much you can pledge however, and we’re asking everyone to give as generously as possible to support this event and the causes it will benefit.
How is your team selection coming along, can you give us a taster of who might be in your goal, defence, midfield, attack

As @GTshaker1903 has said, this is a little different. And I always think Linfield are Ireland's Rangers. ;)

Yes...we will benefit by using the monies raised to improve our disabled facilities and other local community projects. Yes...The Rangers Charity Foundation will benefit by using the monies raised for things like education, employability, diversity and health/well-being in Glasgow.

BUT not only that The Lee Rigby Foundation (which has lost their two biggest fundraising events for 2020 due to Coronavirus) will benefit by using the monies raised to support bereaved families of military personnel and purchasing a number of static caravans to provide affected families with respite facilities.

The Mother of murdered soldier Lee Rigby has told how Rangers fans have become “a second family” to her after her son’s death.

Lee's funeral at Bury Parish Church, with a packed Bury town centre (below)...it all fits man.

_68695286_rigby_cortege_soldiers.jpg

As @GTshaker1903 has said, this is a little different. And I always think Linfield are Ireland's Rangers. ;)

Yes...we will benefit by using the monies raised to improve our disabled facilities and other local community projects. Yes...The Rangers Charity Foundation will benefit by using the monies raised for things like education, employability, diversity and health/well-being in Glasgow.

BUT not only that The Lee Rigby Foundation (which has lost their two biggest fundraising events for 2020 due to Coronavirus) will benefit by using the monies raised to support bereaved families of military personnel and purchasing a number of static caravans to provide affected families with respite facilities.

The Mother of murdered soldier Lee Rigby has told how Rangers fans have become “a second family” to her after her son’s death.

Lee's funeral at Bury Parish Church, with a packed Bury town centre (below)...it all fits man.

Such a tragic loss, the Bury towns folk came good that day and the world's media saw our grief. Now we have a chance to do some good for the Lee Rigby Foundation to honour Lee's memory.

How is your team looking
Is it Ally McCoist and Brian Laudrup up front
They will get a shock up against our Chris Lucketti and Paul Butler .... they will not pass

The top Ranger, who didnt quite make it into the Bury Legends team but should have, came to Bury in 1895, was Jack Pray who lifted the FA Cup for Bury in the 1900 FACup final after our 4 -0 victory over Southampton.
The first of our massive FA Cup wins, as we beat Derby County 6 - 0 in the 1903 FA Cup final.
So we scored 10 goals with no reply
Look out Rangers, be ready

Can only watch via a paid sub mate

Can only watch via a paid sub mate

Thats past broadcasts, you can watch live free of charge, I protect my past broadcasts though as you can get a lot of hate on twitch, so if people want to hate they can pay for the privilege.

I was live last night doing a karaoke on stream last night, before that doing some World Cup stuff with the VFL site I listed above.

Still looking for folk to list the 18 Legend they would choose, otherwise I'll just let the guys that make the team pick who they want to do in terms of Legends.

This virtual game came about jointly due to a lot of us wanting to send our colts to play Bury, that would not have been happening due to lockdown,so due to hard work by the Bury guys the virtual game came about, we have always supported these charities as has Bury, nothing has changed, without things like this which will be a laugh the charities will struggle due to covid19, so for me every little helps and thanks to all who donate and to the Bury guys who arranged it.

What is the chance of making this a sticky until it happens, since it's for such a good cause

Thats past broadcasts, you can watch live free of charge, I protect my past broadcasts though as you can get a lot of hate on twitch, so if people want to hate they can pay for the privilege.

I was live last night doing a karaoke on stream last night, before that doing some World Cup stuff with the VFL site I listed above.

Still looking for folk to list the 18 Legend they would choose, otherwise I'll just let the guys that make the team pick who they want to do in terms of Legends.
Is it worth a try to give a list of a) goalies b) defenders c) midfielders d) forwards and get fans to select the best

Hi bluefin221
There are a couple of threads running at the moment which may help your team selection. Your fave Rangers player is one, another about George Gillespie for your goalkeeper is another.
Good luck

Picking an all time Rangers 18 is near impossible never mind an 11

How far back in history does the Bury team go?

Hi Bluefin221
There is a Rangers Legends name your team thread up and running for you. Hope it helps
Cheers

You have a good list of players in the thread
Rangers Legends name them
Hope this is helpful
Thanks for all you are doing

The memory of Lee Rigby should be honoured, not have the facebook site taken down, shame on facebook and on whoever made the protest

This will be an exhibition

Here you have it Bluefin221, what your fans said
Many Thanks to the great Rangers fans who responded to this
Here is what you came up with, based on most inclusions in the squad

Most Wanted
16 selections
GORAM, COOPER, LAUDRUP, McCOIST

15 selections
JARDINE, GOUGH, HATELEY

14selections GAZZA

10 selections
NUMAN, B FERGUSON

9 selections
BUTCHER, SOUNESS

7 selections
BAXTER, D JOHNSTONE

6 selections
KLOS, ALBERTZ, MOLS

5 selections
WOODS, STEVENS, AMORUSO

4 selections PRSO

3 selections
FORSYTH, ROBERTSON, VAN BRONKHURST, FORREST, DURRANT, DE BOER, J BROWN

2 selections
McGREGOR, CALDOW, STEIN, WALTERS

1 selection
D SMITH, WILKINS, HENDERSON, PARLANE, W JOHNSTON, CUELLAR, ARTETA, STEVEN, BOUGHERA, I FERGUSON, McDONALD

Hope this helped
Many thanks for everything you are doing
Good Luck

Here you have it Bluefin221, what your fans said

Most Wanted
16 selections
GORAM, COOPER, LAUDRUP, McCOIST

15 selections
JARDINE, GOUGH, HATELEY

14selections GAZZA

10 selections
NUMAN, B FERGUSON

9 selections
BUTCHER, SOUNESS

7 selections
BAXTER, D JOHNSTONE

6 selections
KLOS, ALBERTZ, MOLS

5 selections
WOODS, STEVENS, AMORUSO

4 selections PRSO

3 selections

2 selections

1 selection
D SMITH, WILKINS, HENDERSON, PARLANE, W JOHNSTON, CUELLAR, ARTETA, STEVEN, BOUGHERA, I FERGUSON, McDONALD

Hope this helped
Many thanks for everything you are doing
Good Luck
Somehow i missed out a star player ....
GREIG

Hey Bluefin...just wondering how it's going?

I must say, you seem to have a pretty professional set up.

We might have to park the bus and play for pens...when the former number one goalkeeper in the world will come into his own. ;)

From the actual main Article thread:

Our goalkeepers announced:

Neville Southall: Picked up from non league football and went on to play for the great Everton team of the 80s and gain nearly 100 caps for Wales. Over 700 pro games. In his prime, recognised as the world's number one goalkeeper.

Dean Keily: Nearly 700 pro games, including being an Irish international. Saved a penalty v Watford away in the last minute, to gain promotion to the now Championship and send 2000 Bury fans mental. In the Social Club afterwards he said, "should I go to the left, should I go to the right...oh fook it, I'll go to the left!" A true legend.

Need to get my suggested team fired in over the weekend!
The Rangers fans who responded came up with the following list they would like to be included

Most Wanted
16 selections
GORAM, COOPER, LAUDRUP, McCOIST, GREIG

15 selections
JARDINE, GOUGH, HATELEY

14selections GAZZA

10 selections
NUMAN, B FERGUSON

9 selections
BUTCHER, SOUNESS

7 selections
BAXTER, D JOHNSTONE

6 selections
KLOS, ALBERTZ, MOLS

5 selections
WOODS, STEVENS, AMORUSO

4 selections PRSO

3 selections

2 selections

1 selection

So no fear

We have a team to take this lot on

Up The Shakers

Neville Southall: Picked up from non league football and went on to play for the great Everton team of the 80s and gain nearly 100 caps for Wales. Over 700 pro games. In his prime, recognised as the world's number one goalkeeper.

Dean Keily: Nearly 700 pro games, including being an Irish international. Saved a penalty v Watford away in the last minute, to gain promotion to the now Championship and send 2000 Bury fans mental. In the Social Club afterwards he said, "should I go to the left, should I go to the right...oh fook it, I'll go to the left!" A true legend.
Who's your sub goalie?

You're gonna need both those two to play from the start.

The Rangers fans who responded came up with the following list they would like to be included

Most Wanted
16 selections
GORAM, COOPER, LAUDRUP, McCOIST, GREIG
I'm just lovin' Andy Goram (a Bury lad!) is likely to be in nets for Rangers. :D

I used to go to school with him (he was the year below) hardly ever played in the nets for the school team...true story.

The great midfielders will be revealed very soon
The Rangers Legends are playing in a "first" virtual game on 4th July 2020 for the Lee Rigby Foundation Trophy against Bury Legends and are you Gers in for a surprise at the picnic when you see the Bury line- up
Look out for the details, as the funds are split between the Rangers charity, The Lee Rigby Foundation and Bury charity.
The Bury World Class players include the World number one keeper Neville Southall,
Our defence is marshalled by the greatest fullback Lee Dixon, the midfield will be run by the great Terry McDermott and the World's greatest midfielder of all time Colin Bell.
We had to leave out Sammy McIlroy, Leighton James, Bobby Collins, Alec Lindsay to give you boys a chance.

Good Luck

The Rangers Legends are playing in a "first" virtual game on 4th July 2020 for the Lee Rigby Foundation Trophy against Bury Legends and are you Gers in for a surprise at the picnic when you see the Bury line- up
Look out for the details, as the funds are split between the Rangers charity, The Lee Rigby Foundation and Bury charity.
The Bury World Class players include the World number one keeper Neville Southall,
Our defence is marshalled by the greatest fullback Lee Dixon, the midfield will be run by the great Terry McDermott and the World's greatest midfielder of all time Colin Bell.
We had to leave out Sammy McIlroy, Leighton James, Bobby Collins, Alec Lindsay to give you boys a chance.

Good Luck
If only Rangers had a player of the calibre of the World's best midfielder, Colin Bell.
Bell is regarded as one of England's finest ever midfield players, being described by one commentator as 'the most finished article in the modern game'. Bell has been inducted into both the English Football Hall of Fame and the Manchester City Hall of Fame. In 1998 he was selected as one of the Football League 100 Legends

If only Rangers had a player of the calibre of the World's best midfielder, Colin Bell.
Bell is regarded as one of England's finest ever midfield players, being described by one commentator as 'the most finished article in the modern game'. Bell has been inducted into both the English Football Hall of Fame and the Manchester City Hall of Fame. In 1998 he was selected as one of the Football League 100 Legends
Paul Butler, rock solid centre half who went on and played in the Premier League for Sunderland and Wolverhampton Wanderers, and was also a former captain of Leeds United, scored an iconic winner for Bury at Manchester City, causing a Man City fan to tear up his season ticket and the Man City manager to be sacked for losing to Bury

Good Luck
Have you got your Rangers Legends chosen yet?

The Worlds greatest midfielder
The BURY LEGEND COLIN BELL
Scoring against
BRAZIL, HOLLAND, WALES, AUSTRIA, CZECHOSLOVAKIA, WEST GERMANY

Colin Bell : England Goals

Back