Article Virtual Friendly - Bury Legends v Rangers Legends - Lee Rigby Memorial Trophy - July 4th at 3:00 pm

This is the only kind of football game we Bury fans have been reduced to.
The current custodian chairman, steve dale, has overseen the removal of football from Bury Football Club when he didnt comply with the EFL requests and got Bury FC ejected from the football league. Dale is an asset stripper who has liquidated his last 50 companies, admits he has no knowledge of football and didnt even know Bury had a football team when he aquired Bury FC for £1 from the previous chairman stewart day who had wracked up all kinds of debt against the ground with crazy car parking schemes thrown in for good measure. All of days companies are now in administration, but he is starting up again apparently, the company that leant the money on the ground is now in administration and is linked with Malta and the British Virgin Islands, so it couldnt be a more crazy mess. This is why the Bury fans are starting again with a fan owned club Bury AFC, to ensure the town has a football team to watch in the coming season.

The Semi Scouser will be there somewhere...I just hope someone's told him it's a friendly!!!

EM-3221-funny-athlete-scousers-teacksuit-mens-fancy-dress-costume.jpg
This could be Souness or McDermott or even Bury's Keith Kennedy

When this virtual friendly was first concieved we originally we were going to auction of a shirt and raise a few extra quid for the Lee Rigby Foundation.
When I chatted to his mum I was moved by her disappointment that the charity would have to wait to get a new caravan to help service personnel.
The friendly became a 3 way split at that point and I vowed to do my best to help them raise the funds for a caravan.
I thank everyone one of you that has dug deep so far and every pound is appreciated.
If you havent donated so far please throw in the cost of a pint or a coffee. All 3 beneficiaries can make great use of your money

Please remember that the Lee Rigby Foundation have lost their two biggest fundraisers this year due to COVID-19. One of them being the memorial match at Portsmouth. If you were planning on travelling to that game, please consider donating some of the cost towards the virtual game. It will make a difference. Rangers fans are the best in the world. Together we can all make this a huge success.

UTS & WATP

When this virtual friendly was first concieved we originally we were going to auction of a shirt and raise a few extra quid for the Lee Rigby Foundation.
When I chatted to his mum I was moved by her disappointment that the charity would have to wait to get a new caravan to help service personnel.
The friendly became a 3 way split at that point and I vowed to do my best to help them raise the funds for a caravan.
I thank everyone one of you that has dug deep so far and every pound is appreciated.
If you havent donated so far please throw in the cost of a pint or a coffee. All 3 beneficiaries can make great use of your money
Well done for upgrading the idea, and what a fantastic event you have come up with - absolutely brilliant

I get paid next Friday so will make a wee donation then for such a great cause.

Thanks so much for being part of this really brilliant idea, im sure it is a first.
The Lee Rigby Foundation is such a worthy cause and deserves to be kept in the public awareness, brilliant by everyone concerned to make this work.
When Rangers met Bury - a fabulous occasion, it was another first
STEVEN GERRARD enjoyed the best possible start to his reign as Rangers manager with his new-look squad confidently beating English League Two side Bury.

An incredible crowd of 41,015 decided to travel to Ibrox to take in tonight’s friendly match instead of watching the World Cup action on TV, and they were rewarded for their loyalty with the Light Blues in fine form on a glorious night in Govan.
I think you got a bit lucky though !!

When Rangers met Bury - a fabulous occasion, it was another first
STEVEN GERRARD enjoyed the best possible start to his reign as Rangers manager with his new-look squad confidently beating English League Two side Bury.

An incredible crowd of 41,015 decided to travel to Ibrox to take in tonight’s friendly match instead of watching the World Cup action on TV, and they were rewarded for their loyalty with the Light Blues in fine form on a glorious night in Govan.
I think you got a bit lucky though !!
Who is Rangers most successful manager?

As been said previously, covid19 has hit the charities hard, we have the chance to help out with something totally different, you don't need to put in huge donations, times are hard for a lot of people just now, but even the smallest donation will really help and be appreciated, you can make a difference to the charities involved.
This is what the Rangers fans do so consistently throughout the years, now with the Bury fans also buying tickets for the most important game during lockdown we can all make a difference, although I expect to hammer Bury at the game :cool: ,

As been said previously, covid19 has hit the charities hard, we have the chance to help out with something totally different, you don't need to put in huge donations, times are hard for a lot of people just now, but even the smallest donation will really help and be appreciated, you can make a difference to the charities involved.
This is what the Rangers fans do so consistently throughout the years, now with the Bury fans also buying tickets for the most important game during lockdown we can all make a difference, although I expect to hammer Bury at the game :cool: ,
Join the queue of all the clubs that underestimate us just because we are Bury.
The number of teams that have sacked their manager after losing to Bury includes probably the most famous scalp of Manchester City when our Legend Paul Butler scored at Maine Road to win the match, and one of the Man City fans tore up his season ticket on the halfway line

Just to echo Seasider's post:

Info and Donations: Rangers Legends v Bury Legends Virtual Friendly for the Lee Rigby Foundation Trophy

It's great that we can actually watch as an Esports event as well...on all our various devices!

Even more important, for great causes, especially the Lee Rigby Foundation and whilst donations are whatever you can afford...quite a few are going for amounts that mean something, e.g. £19.87 (Lee's year of birth), £20.13 (the year Lee was murdered) or some date/number that means something to you/our clubs, e.g. £18.85 (the year we were formed)...you get the idea.

I've got paid today...so might even go for £47.87 (4/7/87 was Lee's date of birth). But there's no pressure...if someone can only afford a tenner or a fiver or a quid, that's fine. The match is on Saturday, 4th of July (Lee's birthday) at 3pm...

The Mother of murdered soldier Lee Rigby has told how Rangers fans have become “a second family” to her after her son’s death.

Lee's funeral at Bury Parish Church, with a packed Bury town centre (below)...it all fits man.

LEST WE FORGET:

_68695286_rigby_cortege_soldiers.jpg

59cadccb08087_BuryFCLeeRigbyFlag.jpg.c81783e4a8aacb16719d4a3ecbe4c980.jpg.f7785438a6c158a585d5aab343e276c8.jpg

lr.jpg
I've donated £47.87 (4/7/87 was Lee's date of birth). I'm not posting this for any praise but to say I'm supporting 3 great causes:

The Lee Rigby Foundation (to support bereaved families of military personnel and purchasing static caravans to provide affected families with respite facilities); Rangers Charity Foundation (for education, employability, diversity and health/well-being in Glasgow) and Bury Community Society (to improve disabled facilities and other local community projects). We're not paying for 2 non league strikers with this!

All 3 causes have been massively affected by Coronavirus...so I'm proud to support and encourage all 3 causes.

Whether that be for underprivileged kids in Glasgow, disabled supporters of Bury or bereaved families of military personnel killed in action or murdered on the streets of Great Britain...like our local lad Fusilier Lee Rigby.

LEST WE FORGET & WATP​

You need to let bluefin221 know your selection as he requests
Finally what I need from you guys. I need you to pick your greatest ever Rangers 18, start with a formation best picks in each position for the first 11 and then 7 subs, these 18 players will get to play across the 3 games in a best of 3 format, bare in mind I cannot pick everyone's selections so will try my best to pick the most popular submissions based on each position and a formation that suits this.

You need to let bluefin221 know your selection as he requests
Finally what I need from you guys. I need you to pick your greatest ever Rangers 18, start with a formation best picks in each position for the first 11 and then 7 subs, these 18 players will get to play across the 3 games in a best of 3 format, bare in mind I cannot pick everyone's selections so will try my best to pick the most popular submissions based on each position and a formation that suits this.
Bluefin221 still needs help to find Rangers Legends

Unfortunately the Lee Rigby Foundation has now been dealt another blow. The memorial cup Facebook has been removed after it was reported by some crazy person for being Racist.
This game featuring Rangers Legends has helped raise the foundation valuable funds.
If you can help support this and the other great causes at this difficult time your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately the Lee Rigby Foundation has now been dealt another blow. The memorial cup Facebook has been removed after it was reported by some crazy person for being Racist.
This game featuring Rangers Legends has helped raise the foundation valuable funds.
If you can help support this and the other great causes at this difficult time your assistance is greatly appreciated.
Unbelievable, how crazy

What a sad spiteful place we live in

Just read that on Twitter don’t know what is worse the person complaining or Facebook for taking it down

Back